No announcement yet.

START World Translations: New Rules!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rckzhao, stop saying that it's "stupid" or "unreasonable". It's reasonable because:

1. The owner is not completely trusted by the staff, and therefore, they suspect this owner could misuse the world to get honor, popularity, and even use it to intimidate and bully someone in some way. There is a reason they do this, and that is because they don't trust this person. I mean, do you expect someone who gives you free stuff trustable? They're just someone you don't know, especially if they're a stranger.

2. It has to be an exact copy in order to be understandable. It would be unfair and even unlogical if the owner gives bad tips of their own. Solorien wants it to be an exact copy, and that reason is to avoid misuse, again, as said above.

3. She never asked YOU to do it. She gave you an option, and that option was if you wanted to build a world translation of START. If you don't want to, that's fine.

4. They would need it because they don't have enough time to do the translations on their own. They're making sure it's appropriate for all the players to do. Plus, there are other matters in START, for example the blocks and trees used.

5. It's just a possibility.

6. Again, someone could breach your account and ruin your START world. In order to improve security and ensure the best START without targeting someone, they use their own lock. They probably give your lock back, I'm sure. This is a VOLUNTARY thing; if you don't want to do it then don't.

7. Too many people are replying to this thread, and it is too hard to sort through eight pages of 20 replies each. Most are scams or troll reports, probably (like most stickies are full of).

8. I understand that notion, but they need to get it up ASAP. The person creating it could suddenly stop and be inactive, and that place of START translation would be there with nobody else to take it.

9. In order for it to be official, then the owner should email the support. They will take a look at it and the process would begin. But since you're continuing to be persistent on this, they want to make sure if it is accurate.

With all those matters "reasoned" out and explained, you should have thought better of your post. If you came here just to criticize Solorien's thread, then think about it first. If you don't want to even make a START world, then don't. You don't have to.

Comment

• Finland - ALOITAPELI
      Follow me at Instagram
      Subscribe me at Youtube

My Best Worlds:

Goals:
      • 100 Growtokens: 57/100
      • Level 50: 51/50

Comment

• Originally posted by Shumentheny View Post
        I will be willing to make one in Chinese however I can't type Chinese on signs.
        I would like to help ya, but my chinese is not really good.
        In-Game Name: Kraggle
        Level:52
        My Instagram: KraggleGT!
        Collaborated WOTD count: 7
        WOTD count: 1

Comment

• List of current start worlds has been updated in the original post.
          "But you cannot will this to happen. It is a matter of persistence and faith and hard work. So you might as well just go ahead and get started."
          ~ Anne Lamott

Comment

• Hey solorien, would it be possible for me to make a START world with nothing written on the signs so someone could translate and build faster?
            sigpic

All my dragons, I have retired from dragcave.net:
            http://dragcave.net/user/thegamer381

Comment

• Originally posted by Shumentheny View Post
              Use transliteration maybe?

Comment

• Latvian translation world has been created. Check out LVSTARTLV!
                "But you cannot will this to happen. It is a matter of persistence and faith and hard work. So you might as well just go ahead and get started."
                ~ Anne Lamott

Comment

• Originally posted by thegamer381 View Post
                  Hey solorien, would it be possible for me to make a START world with nothing written on the signs so someone could translate and build faster?
                  This would be something you would have to work out with someone who is wanting to translate. Sounds like some teamwork to me!
                  ~ Anne Lamott

Comment

• Originally posted by Solorien View Post
                    This would be something you would have to work out with someone who is wanting to translate. Sounds like some teamwork to me!
                    Alright, i might do that when im a bit richer...i dont have all the holiday stuff yet...
                    sigpic

All my dragons, I have retired from dragcave.net:
                    http://dragcave.net/user/thegamer381

Comment

• Croatian START world has been linked to START! Check out STARTONCROATIAN!

Also... is START too crowded? You can also go to START1, START2 or START3 for the same information!
                      ~ Anne Lamott

Comment

• Originally posted by Solorien View Post
                        Now that we've updated our START, we are also updating the rules for having a translated world linked to START.
                        - - -
                        START WORLD RULES:

* Building your START world is entirely your responsibility. You will not be given free items. Mods and developers will not be able to help you build it.

* Your START world must be an ***EXACT*** (Yes, that means everything) copy of our START, only written in your own language. It may not have any extra doors to your other worlds. It may not have additional signs discussing your worlds or other players. It must be an EXACT copy.

* Your START world will not receive honors or WOTD or any other special prize.

* There is only one (1) START translation needed for each language. The first person to submit a translation world that meets all the requirements will be chosen.

* We will be checking your translations, so make sure that you are using appropriate language at all times.

* If we receive complaints about something in your START world - such as inappropriate language, bullying, or misinforming or cheating other players in some way - it will be removed and your account will be temporarily banned.

* If your world is chosen, we will remove your lock and place our own lock. This is because there have been too many people who have edited their worlds to scam other players after receiving a START link. We will give you a world lock and we will place a sign telling everyone that you are the translator.
                        - - -

If you are still interested in making a START world translation, please let us know when it is completely done. Send an email including:
                        - the name of the world
                        - the name of the player who created it (no more than 3 names)

Please, do not send us this information until your world is 100% ready!

Thanks again for being willing to donate your time, energy and supplies to help other players! We look forward to seeing your START world translation!

We already have START worlds in:
                        Arabic - STARTARABIC
                        Croatian - STARTONCROATIAN
                        Dutch - INHETBEGIN
                        English - START, START1, START2, START3
                        Estonian - ALGUS2
                        Filipino - SIMULAFILIPINO
                        Finnish - ALOITAPELI
                        French - DEBUTFRANCAIS
                        German - STARTEDEUTSCH
                        Hungarian - KEZDOKNEK
                        Indonesian - STARTBAHASA
                        Italian - PARTENZA
                        Korean - STARTHANGUK
                        Lavian - LVSTARTLV
                        Lithuanian - LTSTART
                        Malay - PEMULAAN
                        Romanian - INCEPUTUL
                        Russian - RUSSKIYSTART
                        Spanish - INICIOESPANOL
                        Swedish - STARTINSWEDISH
                        Turkish - BASLADI
                        I'll probably make a Slovenian one! There are not a lot of Slovenian players though...
                        IGN: Colja
                        Level: 43

This year's goals:

- Get 1000 wls (1037/1000)[ACHIEVED]
                        - Have a popular vending world (0/1)

Subscribe to my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgK...iUl3iF1gAl2kQg

Latest video:

Comment

• A Persian language world - STARTIRAN - has been added thanks to Oriche and Oricho!
                          ~ Anne Lamott

Comment

• Wow thx this is helpful. I didn't know that there was a Filipino start lol, silly me

Comment

• Got a idea

Originally posted by Shumentheny View Post
                              Hey, why you type the pronunciation instead of the actual characters. Wait! What would be the name then?
                              I am a retired Growtopia Wiki Admin . I've been playing Growtopia since August, 2013 :yeah: :hug:

Comment

• Do you guys accept start in cat language?

Meow Meow MEEOOW meow.

Comment

Working...
                                X