How To Talk To Moderators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LordTaco View Post
    I Understand Mods,Most Of Em' Don't Talk. The Longest Chat I Had With A Mod Was With @LOKSTER.

My biggest chat with a moderator was @Play
    Seems like my GT username didn't age well...

Retired from Growtopia
    MyAnimeList (If you want to know what I do on my spare time): Arimias

Comment

Umm

Originally posted by Marosa Minnie View Post
      Thanks for making this mumu!
      You raise some brilliant points.

I often get a message saying something like "COME HERE, URGENT"
      So ill go, then they'll be like "can I have a free nyan hat?"
      I get many of those messages a day, so sometimes I simply won't respond when they send a message like that, but then I worry what if they are being scammed, so then I show up and again it's.."TRADE???"

It makes me sad because in that time about 20 messages to by often unread, to which is almost impossible to read. (It's so hard to read above messages.. It auto scrolls back down as soon as someone broadcasts or chats..)

I've been to hamumu dance parties before and I have to say they are very insightful! I'm not sure how you even answer all the questions but you do a great job at it!
      The story about your nickname is heart warming.

Another important misconception to address is the myth that mods get unlimited items, no way! That would take away the fun! (And value) we have to make items by splicing like everyone else! So please don't ask for 200 ice or 200 world locks, etc! We have to work just as hard as you do.

I can't even begin to imagine the spam the developers must get. It's really nice of hamumu to do question and answer sessions in Hamumutown, I don't think I've ever seen that in a game.
      It's cool having down to earth devs for once.
      I have always wanted to be a mod (i bet everybody does) but this sounds CRAZY! I still wanna be a mod but it makes it sound less fun. Lol
      You guys, don't you want this giant cookie?

Also, you gotta click on my dragons:

(by the way, I used to have 2 other dragons but they got sick and died because you guys clicked it so much. Thank you?)

Comment

@Mumu

Gosh, Mumu! How amazing this point is! They are constantly working hard and not ignoring anyone! They get spammed constantly, being asked for items when they really shouldn't be. (Not from a growtopia experience) But I have been a moderator-admin on all sorts of other games, especially popular minecraft servers, and it's hard to help so many people at once. Your point is simply made by requesting to only be /msg'ed when someone truly needs help.

We love you Mr. "Mumu" (:

YouTube | Instagram | Discord Server

Don't hide behind a mask, it will only gain you fake respect.
        Being real attracts real people, while on the other hand
        being fake attracts fake people.

"Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit,
        but with humility of mind regard one
        another as more important than yourselves" - Phil 2:3

Comment

Thanks for telling everyone that, Hamumu. The job of being a moderator seems pretty overwhelming, and it's probably worse for you since you are a dev. Maybe you should link this thread to the actual game, so people know the time to /msg a mod/dev and when not to.
          Last edited by Rush; 03-18-2013, 01:42 PM.

Comment

HEROMAN

Originally posted by Hamumu View Post
            My job moderating has gotten worse than difficult... it's basically impossible at this point. So I want to lay down some info so you guys can get the actual help you need instead of the personal hellos you want (if you don't know what "PM" is, it means Private Message, it's when you use /msg in the game):

1. If something bad is going on, you can definitely PM a mod about it. The sooner the better, so they can actually show up and see it happening instead of being too late and not being able to do anything. We are here to solve problems, so if you have one, we need to know. And we may not be able to respond, because a lot of people have problems, and some of them take a while to fix (or explain why we can't...). But we can't help at all if we don't know!

2. If something bad is NOT going on, DO NOT PM A MODERATOR!! It's nice that you want to say "hi" to us, or have us come visit your world, but when we are online, we are very busy trying to help people. I get one PM about every 5 seconds on average (not exaggerating, though if I only get important PMs, it'd be a lot less!) so I can't come visit you or chat, I need to help people if they need help. Never ever PM a moderator asking them to come look at your world, or just chat. It just makes the job SO much harder, and it puts the moderator in a bad position - either they spend time chatting with you and not helping people, or you think they're a jerk for not talking. No-win situation!

3. If you want to chat with a moderator and just have friendly fun times, you'll have to wait until you see them in person. Even then, there's a good chance they'll be really busy, but I know I personally hold "HAMUMU DANCE TIME" sometimes, where I just sit and dance and ignore all the PMs so I can answer questions and just have fun with people. If you see me in person, chat away. I may be too busy, but you're never bothering me by chatting publicly, even if I can't respond.

4.If you want your PM to get a response, THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT - you must say what you are talking about!!!! At least half of the PMs I receive say either "Come here I need to talk to you" or "Can I ask you something, it's important". If it's important, then ASK ME! I absolutely never respond to PMs like this that aren't asking anything at all. Your odds of getting a response go from 0% to something higher if you actually put your question in the message. I don't have the time to go back and forth with you 3 times before we even get to a question (especially since the odds are you just want me to come visit your world, not solve a serious problem). The more information you can squeeze in the better, too - who's being bad, what did they do, where did it happen (you probably don't need to say that part, if it's the place you're sending from).

5. If a moderator ignores you, they're not "ignoring you". They just can't respond because of all the stuff they have to deal with. Keep that number in mind: a PM every 5 seconds. If yours isn't important, I can't reply. So don't get mad at us, don't think we hate you, and all that. It's not personal! I'd much rather just have happy fun-time chats, but alas, if I am in the game, my time is very limited (you know I have to make this game too, right?), and about 1500 people are on there wanting something fixed, so that's just what I have to be doing.

If enough people can actually follow these rules, a lot more people would actually end up getting helped with their problems! So please, help out the mods by letting the mods help out!

(P.S. I know few people will read this, and most of the noise and distraction will continue, but hey, spread the word!)
            So i really want a wand any chance u can pop into growtopiagym and give me one plz

Comment

Originally posted by Crusher View Post
              So i really want a wand any chance u can pop into growtopiagym and give me one plz
              There is always one InightmareI there is always one....

a good tip is thinking of making a screenshot of the thing you want to bug a mod about,
              try to communicate in whole a sentence and try thinking of what to say before you make the choice of /msg a mod.
              And I think there is a way to see if there is actually a mod online but can't remember that one pretty handy before you go shouting about mods sitting on a cloud drinking tea

Comment

Yeah, I asked Hamumu something important before without saying like come here urgent or COME HERE PLZZZZZZ instead I get to the point. And he did came and help so the best way is to get to the point of what you're saying.
                sigpic

Comment

Yea...

I had a little chat with @Play, @Seil and @Seth ( @Seth was like: Me: @SEETHHH! @Seth: /yes ) @LOKSTER and @meow: I never had a chat with 'em, all the growtopians cover @LOKSTER, so I can barely see him.

Comment

Ya link to the game.

Originally posted by Rush View Post
                    Thanks for telling everyone that, Hamumu. (I think I /msged you once, I think?) The job of being a moderator seems pretty overwhelming, and it's probably worse for you since you are a dev. Maybe you should link this thread to the actual game, so people know the time to /msg a mod/dev and when not to.
                    Ya you should probably link it to the game. Or like if somebody write /msg @ it will go straight to the page where it has all this information.

That would be cool, and you could do more HAMUMU DANCE TIME! Next time you do that you need to tell me. I have like 50293082932 questions to ask you, haha. I heard Meow talking about the story of your nickname, I wanna hear that too.

Good luck!
                    -Paws
                    You guys, don't you want this giant cookie?

Also, you gotta click on my dragons:

(by the way, I used to have 2 other dragons but they got sick and died because you guys clicked it so much. Thank you?)

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaPRO View Post
                      My biggest chat with a moderator was @Play
                      My biggest chat with a moderator was @meow
                      It was fun being able to talk to her. The only reason that she was talking to me for a whle is becuase she loved the statue I made for her. It was a Nyan Cat statue.
                      Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. ~Steve Job
                      If you can dream it, you can achieve it. ~Zig Ziglar
                      Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. ~Arthur Ashe

Its okay to be a glowstick; sometimes we need to break before we shine.

Comment

I'll try to respect this, though the only time I ever messaged a mod is when my friend's world got locked that was before I was on the forums and all.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        My world is EPICMANSION and GEMSAREEPIC.

I AM BACK!!! YAY!
                        I've been on BEFORE INightmareI. That makes me an "oldie", right?

Comment

The biggest chat I had was with @LOKSTER @PLAY @SEIL AND @MEOW and a little @SETH that's all I have had talk to for a long time

Comment

Every time i try to talk to some mod with "@" in his nick they never answer , even when i had some serious problems , only time i talked to someone with "@" was Seth lol

Comment

My Response.....

Get more moderators, develop a mod to user ratio.
                              Joined Growtopia January 11, 2013
                              Growtopia Google+ Page [UNOFFICIAL]
                              Guide to giving others Acess
                              Keeping Your Account Secure

Clocking at: 3100 Hours of Growtopia.
                              -Player3D3[/FONT]
                              #2.0Growtopian

Comment

Originally posted by Garyshoo
                                Is being a mod harder than being a regular growtopian
                                In most cases, yes. The only good thing (that I can see) is that people respect you. Most of the time they will message you to come to they're worlds, and then ask for a free nyan hat. Mods don't get whatever they want. Of course, you can help people easier, they will message you with problems. That way you can find ways to help them.
                                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                My world is EPICMANSION and GEMSAREEPIC.

I AM BACK!!! YAY!
                                I've been on BEFORE INightmareI. That makes me an "oldie", right?

Comment

Working...
                                X