Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[GUIDE] What to email support, what not.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [GUIDE] What to email support, what not.

    Hey guys! So I've wanted to make a guide for you guys, something that would help you a little. I'm making a guide on some suggested things that you could email support (For clear and faster responses) and a list of things that you shouldn't email support about.

    Do not email or post on the forum:

    Drop game/ Trust test reports


    Scam/hacker/cheat reports


    Accidental recycled items:



    What you can email:

    Harassment:


    Unfair punishments:


    A mod abusing his/her power:





    I probably missed some thing, if I did, PLEASE let me know right away! :3
    Last edited by SilentDogs; 01-01-2016, 08:05 AM.
    In game information
    IGN - SilentDogs
    Level: 56
    WOTD(s) - ChillyBreeze (Sold), ForumersLand, SilentDogs

    I'm a proud 2013 player!

    Guides
    What to E-mail support, what not
    Legendary Guide
    Think before you "hate"
    Ultimate farming guide

  • #2
    I will update this guide tomorrow, I'm going to bed right now.
    In game information
    IGN - SilentDogs
    Level: 56
    WOTD(s) - ChillyBreeze (Sold), ForumersLand, SilentDogs

    I'm a proud 2013 player!

    Guides
    What to E-mail support, what not
    Legendary Guide
    Think before you "hate"
    Ultimate farming guide

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm done updating it, if I missed ANYTHING than please inform me right away!
      In game information
      IGN - SilentDogs
      Level: 56
      WOTD(s) - ChillyBreeze (Sold), ForumersLand, SilentDogs

      I'm a proud 2013 player!

      Guides
      What to E-mail support, what not
      Legendary Guide
      Think before you "hate"
      Ultimate farming guide

      Comment


      • #4
        You can e-mail them about Technical Issues too (if nobody is able to help on forums), they'll usually help with that.
        Also, not 100% sure, but you can probably e-mail them if there's a game-breaking bug that you shouldn't share on forums.

        Just telling you of some other things you can add
        hi I'm dyn and I love mistie 💘
        IGN: Dynnie
        Discord: Dynnie#3475

        Avatar by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! ❤️

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks. This is really useful. I don't think I have seen a guide about this topic yet.
          Ya boy Dancey.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
            You can e-mail them about Technical Issues too (if nobody is able to help on forums), they'll usually help with that.
            Also, not 100% sure, but you can probably e-mail them if there's a game-breaking bug that you shouldn't share on forums.

            Just telling you of some other things you can add
            Thank you for that notice. I'll add that!
            In game information
            IGN - SilentDogs
            Level: 56
            WOTD(s) - ChillyBreeze (Sold), ForumersLand, SilentDogs

            I'm a proud 2013 player!

            Guides
            What to E-mail support, what not
            Legendary Guide
            Think before you "hate"
            Ultimate farming guide

            Comment


            • #7
              You can check mine in my signature to add some of the stuff you've missed
              Last edited by Meranda; 01-01-2016, 06:49 AM.
              In-active until I’m sure of what I want in life.

              [left]Instagram: @merwagish |•| Line: murigame |•| telegram: @ws_alche


              Comment


              • #8
                It's beautiful bb
                Smash that flag counter in the face



                Thanks Topazi for this portrait of me.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Meranda View Post
                  You can check mine in my signature to add some of the stuff you've missed
                  Ah yes! Thank you for letting me use some of your stuff for my guide, very helpful.

                  - - - Updated - - -

                  Originally posted by SuperJ View Post
                  It's beautiful bb
                  Thanks >
                  In game information
                  IGN - SilentDogs
                  Level: 56
                  WOTD(s) - ChillyBreeze (Sold), ForumersLand, SilentDogs

                  I'm a proud 2013 player!

                  Guides
                  What to E-mail support, what not
                  Legendary Guide
                  Think before you "hate"
                  Ultimate farming guide

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    What if you ask them to change email of an account but then you are not the real owner of the account?? That would be an easy scam...How would they verify?


                    IGN: Triangles (from G4mingReaper)
                    Level: 82
                    Growtopia Join Date: October 7, 2013


                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Allen View Post
                      What if you ask them to change email of an account but then you are not the real owner of the account?? That would be an easy scam...How would they verify?
                      That actually is wrong, i had that mistake in my guide and i forgot to change it, sorry.

                      To be able to change a GrowID email, the email has to come from the email address that was locked with the growid, if you forgot that email, then there's no chance for you to change your email
                      In-active until I’m sure of what I want in life.

                      [left]Instagram: @merwagish |•| Line: murigame |•| telegram: @ws_alche


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Meranda View Post
                        That actually is wrong, i had that mistake in my guide and i forgot to change it, sorry.

                        To be able to change a GrowID email, the email has to come from the email address that was locked with the growid, if you forgot that email, then there's no chance for you to change your email
                        Originally posted by Allen View Post
                        What if you ask them to change email of an account but then you are not the real owner of the account?? That would be an easy scam...How would they verify?
                        Great eye catching, guys.

                        I'll delete that ASAP!
                        In game information
                        IGN - SilentDogs
                        Level: 56
                        WOTD(s) - ChillyBreeze (Sold), ForumersLand, SilentDogs

                        I'm a proud 2013 player!

                        Guides
                        What to E-mail support, what not
                        Legendary Guide
                        Think before you "hate"
                        Ultimate farming guide

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Allen View Post
                          What if you ask them to change email of an account but then you are not the real owner of the account?? That would be an easy scam...How would they verify?
                          They require that you email them from the email that you set up your GrowID for verification, along with logs they can check (they won't admit that they do it as a service, which is true) to make sure you haven't been hacked or whatever.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SilentDogs View Post
                            Hey guys! So I've wanted to make a guide for you guys, something that would help you a little. I'm making a guide on some suggested things that you could email support (For clear and faster responses) and a list of things that you shouldn't email support about.

                            Do not email or post on the forum:

                            Drop game/ Trust test reports


                            Scam/hacker/cheat reports


                            Accidental recycled items:



                            What you can email:

                            Harassment:


                            Unfair punishments:


                            A mod abusing his/her power:





                            I probably missed some thing, if I did, PLEASE let me know right away! :3
                            You are wrong... You can send an E-mail about a hacker... I got scammed by a hacker, I mailed the support and they replied, thanking me for the report, and letting me know that the owner was hacking, and they banned him...
                            IGN: Colja
                            Level: 43


                            This year's goals:

                            - Get 1000 wls (1037/1000)[ACHIEVED]
                            - Have a popular vending world (0/1)

                            Subscribe to my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgK...iUl3iF1gAl2kQg

                            Latest video:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              bumping this, people will need it

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X