Beginner's guide to the forums!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner's guide to the forums!

Hello there, Jamie Whenman here with my very first guide on how to get started on the forums easily. This thread will go through the following: What are the forums, the rules of the forums and other tips from me that you could use when using the forums. This thread will have things added to it from time to time so if you have any appropriate suggestions or if there are any spelling errors just tell me! So, I finally present to you the...

Written by: Jamie Whenman

Welcome to the forums!

So, your journey starts here or in the 'Meet and Greet' section of the forums after successfully creating an account. Or perhaps even somewhere else. The first thing that you should notice is that there are several sub-forums where it is intended for you to post in while being on-topic with that particular sub-forum. There is so much to discover in the Growtopia Forums from 'announcements' to 'everything else' and an amazing community awaits to take you in. The forums also have a off-topic sub-forum where you can talk about anything that does not relate to Growtopia called the 'Growtopia Tavern'!

What is the forums?

What are the forums? The forums are a community based discussion site where players that play Growtopia or not encourage, share, reflect and discuss the game of Growtopia. Here in the Growtopia forums, you have the power to interact with a knowledgeable community. For an example, in the forums you could discuss value of items in the 'Value Discussions' sub forum, a 'Suggestion Box' where the community can suggestion unique and creative ideas for the game and 'Bugs & Glitches' where players can address certain glitches that could be game breaking and need to be addressed as soon as possible. However, these forums aren't used for player reports or hackers which lead us into the next topic:

The forum rules and guidelines:

Here are where the rules and guidelines of the forums will be displayed. It is important to know these rules of the forums as failure in enforcing the rules in the forums could lead to infractions if it seems necessary by a moderator.

Singling out

What does it mean by "Signalling out"? This means that you target a specific person in an attempt to expose them for something. However, the forums are not for this. If you have been scammed do not report it on the forums! Report the player's world where it is visible that the owner or admins has scammed by doing /report while in the world and report the player by wrenching them and click 'Report Player' and then leave. Make sure to never stay in a scam world as it brings unwanted attention and you could be punished yourself if not careful.

Being racist / excessive cussing (swearing)

We all know why this is prohibited since using this language is foul and rude. Racism is strictly prohibited too as it can offend people greatly. It is always best to keep clean!

Insulting users or starting arguments

In other words be civil. Respect others politely and treat others the way you would like to be treated. Avoid threatening behaviour and sexual content.

Spam

This is a self explanatory rule, do not spam post on other threads that are off topic to just get your post count up. It will be noticed amongst staff and action against you could be taken.

Using correct sub-forum

It is important that you use the correct sub-forum when posting to be on topic with your thread. However, mistakes do happen and sometimes you could misplace your thread making it impossible to get an infraction - However, if this is done intentionally you are in-risk of an infraction.

The use of Growtopia support (support@growtopiagame.com)

Alternatively, you could report bugs and glitches to support@growtopiagame.com to report bugs or glitchs. Also, as mentioned before, refrain from using the forums and even the Growtopia support team to report scams or hackers. Just use the reporting systems! If you have purchased gems and did not receive them, this is an appropriate time to email support@growtopiagame.com instead of making a thread about it. If you believe that you have been banned without a justified reason, you could turn to support@growtopiagame.com for assistance. Reading this provides more information about support and can help you a lot and that way, you have a more clear understanding on when to email support.

Others:

A forum signature

Want to make your posts more interesting by having a signature? Your signature can be used to display appropriate stuff such as your goals, quotes and more.

Signature rules

Your signature is limited. Try to refrain from using huge texts of spam and images. If the image is big, use a spoiler to hide the image so that people only open it up if they wish to see it. Don't know how to set up a signature? Don't worry! This guide has got you covered:

How to post on the forums

BB Codes

Working in-progress

Other useful forum properties

Working in-progress

Other helpful resources for beginners:

Solorien: Growtopia Forum Rules

Have fun!

It is important that you have fun in the forums and that you emerge into this community. If you are starting out in the forums consider introducing yourself here or in the 'Meet and Greet' section of the forums - Talk a little about yourself, and what you do as a hobbie .etc If you need help, reply on this thread by clicking '+Reply to Thread' and ask your desired question. I will be happy to help as well as other forumers.

Have fun and goodluck!
    Last edited by Jamie Whenman; 02-26-2018, 05:54 PM.
    Stay safe from the coronavirus!

Wow nice, they should stick this some where that the newcomers could see...

+ Respekt
    [ IGN ]: PandoRika
    [ Instagram ]: @pando_rika

Comment

Helpful especially to New Comers like me I hope you can improve this thread more often so that our fellow new comers wont have a problem on what to do in the forums.
      Building Blocks Machine Shop (BBM) at PADDYOMALICE
      Don't be like me
      sigpic

Comment

Awesome! This is impressive and will surely help new players.
        Unofficial Growtopia Trailer 4 below!

In-Game Name: Viju
        Administrator at Growtopia Wikia since April 4, 2020
        Discord Tag: Viju#7557
        IG: @viju_gt

Comment

can I copy your banner?
          Unofficial Growtopia Trailer 4 below!

In-Game Name: Viju
          Administrator at Growtopia Wikia since April 4, 2020
          Discord Tag: Viju#7557
          IG: @viju_gt

Comment

Thanks for the support guys!

Originally posted by Recreate View Post
            Wow nice, they should stick this some where that the newcomers could see...

+ Respekt
            Originally posted by PaddyOMalice View Post
            Helpful especially to New Comers like me I hope you can improve this thread more often so that our fellow new comers wont have a problem on what to do in the forums.
            Originally posted by Mijuki04 View Post
            Awesome! This is impressive and will surely help new players.
            Thank you all very much! Will be improving it deeper today.

Originally posted by Mijuki04 View Post
            can I copy your banner?
            Yeah, you may copy the banner if you wish.

Comment

This.. made me cry..
              Even if you are at the right track, you'll still get run over if you just sit there.
              -heth mumu

Originally posted by your0ruler
              also.....
              sigpic

This cute teddy bear will cry if I get an infraction.
              Pic removed, please refrain from using naked women in your signature

Comment

Easy to understand, welcoming banners, looks like a good guide :P

Comment

Originally posted by your0ruler View Post
                  This.. made me cry..
                  Well then, got any tips on how to make this guide less sad?

Originally posted by AttisGT View Post
                  Easy to understand, welcoming banners, looks like a good guide :P
                  Thank you, remember if there is anything to add or change, be sure to let me know!

Comment

correction: it's Singling out, not Signalling out
                    my real face:

my singing baes: Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello/Taylor Swift and Little Mix

Originally posted by this dot.
                    "i can't believe you all stop singling out names noobs"
                    Shoutout to effanx11! The best guy in the whole universe! He knows why!

Psle: 25*
                    #AIRSECT
                    #AIRANCIENT

i ship cat noir and ladybug

Comment

Other than a guide. I think the forum system should add a capability to send new members a link to this page
                      (Kaurkal, i hope your reading this)
                      I'm gone

Comment

the new Jack Bowe wew
                        my real face:

my singing baes: Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello/Taylor Swift and Little Mix

Originally posted by this dot.
                        "i can't believe you all stop singling out names noobs"
                        Shoutout to effanx11! The best guy in the whole universe! He knows why!

Psle: 25*
                        #AIRSECT
                        #AIRANCIENT

i ship cat noir and ladybug

Comment

Originally posted by CowMooMoo View Post
                          correction: it's Singling out, not Signalling out
                          Thanks. Corrected now.

Comment

Also a very important rule: Do not use google+ or facebook so your real surname would not get revealed.

Comment

Can I put it in my siggy for people to see
                              IGN : FlyingBlues
                              Trusted by: ummm the owner of vend7(Zacarias) Decently?(Lent Harverster) Zeksock(A Friend of mine who lent me tesseract)
                              Level:72

The only person you should try to better than is the person you were yesterday - Anonymous
                              #AirAncient

Comment

Working...
                              X