What is the meaning of this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the meaning of this?

"That Door ID is so easy to guess. People can use a Door ID to warp directly into this point from another world!"

How does it work? If the world is locked I thought all people can only come through the main door right?

If someone creates a door to myworld:door1 for example, will he show up on backdoor and steal all the gems and dropped item?

Yes, if you know the ID of a door in a world you can go there directly by doing WORLDNAME:ID
    IGN:kyleneo

Mag: 1/2
    Rayman: 0/1
    DLS: 70/100
    LVL: 62/125

Comment

Originally posted by jtj534 View Post
      "That Door ID is so easy to guess. People can use a Door ID to warp directly into this point from another world!"

How does it work? If the world is locked I thought all people can only come through the main door right?

If someone creates a door to myworld:door1 for example, will he show up on backdoor and steal all the gems and dropped item?
      Yes, basically if that message comes up - it means your ID can easily be guessed and anyone can enter through that door from any other world. Try to use a more complex ID that no one will be able to guess.
      Unofficial Growtopia Trailer 4 below!

In-Game Name: Viju
      Administrator at Growtopia Wikia since April 4, 2020
      Discord Tag: Viju#7557
      IG: @viju_gt

Comment

Originally posted by Viju View Post
        Yes, basically if that message comes up - it means your ID can easily be guessed and anyone can enter through that door from any other world. Try to use a more complex ID that no one will be able to guess.
        So none owner can go to backdoor if they know the id?

Comment

It only shows up when its 2 or less characters as the Id.

Edit:It might be 3 GT servers are down rn so I can't check.

Comment

What about if we uncheck open to public? Can the public still warp to that door? I mean kind of silly right?

Comment

What about if we uncheck open to public? Can the public still warp to that door? I mean kind of silly right?
              Yes they can still warp to that door, they just can't enter it.

It's not silly tbh. Don't you want people to be able to enter doors in your world even if they aren't public? For example: password door bfg deign?
              IGN: Clarken
              Since July 2, 2014

Services you may need!: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...04#post4275404

Buy all riding bumble bees 25 each

Comment

If I know the ID, I can still get to where the door is, even from another world. That is why having short door IDs for important places is a bad idea, as someone could guess the ID and enter somewhere you do not want them to be.

It makes nothing 100% safe, so consider using additional locks or blocking off the area if it makes you feel safer.
                Originally posted by tson
                *** concentrated yeast hell no i didnt eat that ****
                Just finished transcribing this…deliberating on whether or not to adapt it into Growtopia.
                The answer is yes and at NOTE63.

Contact Info:

Comment

You can actually use doors to warp to other door, even in two completely different worlds by using the following syntax in the destination section :

WORLDNAME:ID

This is why you should always use a hard or impossible to guess door id, so that players can't easily use it to warp to special areas in your world.
                  IGN - MineDeath

If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor .

Instagram:
                  Instagram Link!
                  Discord:
                  Discord Link!

Comment

Working...
                  X