Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvestfest Preparation Guide (and which farmable is best)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvestfest Preparation Guide (and which farmable is best)

It's gonna be a few more months then boom, Harvestfest! Harvestfest is that time of the year in the game where you get a small chance of getting a Balance Mooncake from harvesting trees. A Balance Mooncake during Harvestfest is around 7-10wls (correct me if I'm wrong)

Anyways if you want to get lots of balance mooncakes, you'll need the good trees like Peppers, Lgrids, Chands, or Magic Bells. Let's list down the info about the following trees

1. Pepper Trees
    Pepper Trees have a rarity of 47 and they have a grow time of 1 Day, 5 Hours, 13 Minutes, and 53 seconds. This is pretty much the quickest farmable in my list. They drop up to 12 gems which isn't very bad but it's good for starters also. On Harvestfest, they have a low chance of dropping a Balance Mooncake. In terms of farming, this is recommended for beginners. They're also quite cheap at around 50-58/wl.

2. Laser Grids
    Laser Grids are one of the most popular farmable out there. It has a rarity of 68, a grow time of 3 Days, 15 Hours, 54 Minutes, and 32 Seconds. They can drop until 18 gems which is okay. It has a higher chance of dropping a Balance Mooncake due to its rarity. The grow time is kind of quick which is good for the active players who farm a lot. They are priced at 28-30/wl which is quite expensive.

3. Chandeliers
    Chands are a pretty good farmable since they drop until 22 gems. It also has a rarity for 87. Chands have a looooooong grow time, clocked at 1 Week, 15 Hours, 38 Minutes, and 33 Seconds. Despite this, they have a pretty high chance of dropping a Balance Mooncake. Chands are priced at 19-25/wl.

4. Magic Bells
    Perhaps one of the lesser known farmable, it has the highest rarity in my list of farmable. Having a rarity of 95, it drops until 24 gems. It also has the longest grow time in my list. It has a grow time of 9 Days, 22 Hours, 57 Minutes, and 5 Seconds. This farmable is the most likely to drop a Balance Mooncake. It is slightly more expensive than the Chandelier. It is priced at 17-22/wl

With that finished, we just need the formula.
    Five mooncakes can drop from trees: Peace, Longevity, Harmony, Prosperity, and Balance.
    So, the ratio of Balance to the other four mooncakes are 1:25:25:25:25. That makes the ratio to 1:100. All mooncakes excluding Balance have a 25% chance of dropping.
    Therefore: Number of Balance Mooncakes = Rarity of trees * Number of trees / 10000

Let's suppose that you have 3,000 trees of chandeliers. Each tree has a rarity of 87. Therefore, you will get around 26 balance mooncakes. (Note: Use the formula stated above)

In my opinion, I would recommend Chands and Laser Grids for harvestfest because they have a high rarity and they grow slightly faster than Magic Bells, but they take some time to grow also. Magic Bells doesn't have that much sellers because not everyone farms it.

Summary
    • Percentage chance for a mooncake = Rarity of the tree.
    • There's a 1 in 100 chance that a Balance Mooncake would drop.
    • Pepper, Laser Grids and Chands are your go-to for Harvestfest. (Depends if you can afford them)

Source for the formula: https://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showth...oncake-Formula

Okay thanks for your time
    Last edited by GODAPOLLYON; 07-22-2020, 09:48 AM.
    IGN: Haphazardly (previously GodApollyon)
    I love reading, and I love myself

Click me:

lets say you have 10dls

Pepper seeds you can afford (200/4wls): 50,000
    Laser grid seeds you can afford (30/wl): 30,000
    Chand seeds you can afford (200/9wl): 22,2222
    Magic bell you can afford (20/wl): 20,000

Using the formula : Number of Balance Mooncakes = Rarity of trees * Number of trees / 10000

Pepper: 47*50,000 / 10,000 = 235 B.Mooncakes
    Laser grid: 68*30,000 / 10,000 = 204 B.Mooncakes
    Chand: 87*22,222 / 10,000 = 193 B.Mooncakes
    Magic bell: 95*20,000 / 10,000 = 190 B.Mooncakes

Based on the calculation, I would recommend pepper or laser grids. However, you also need to consider where are you going to plant them. 50k pepper seeds takes around 20 farms (considering 1 farm fits around 2.6k seeds).

Comment

Originally posted by Tetrahedrane View Post
      lets say you have 10dls

Using the formula : Number of Balance Mooncakes = Rarity of trees * Number of trees / 10000

Based on the calculation, I would recommend pepper or laser grids. However, you also need to consider where are you going to plant them. 50k pepper seeds takes around 20 farms (considering 1 farm fits around 2.6k seeds).
      woah this is very useful bro! thanks!

Comment

yea but harvest fest is on september
        I started playing gt last August 23 2019
        I cant believe i played this game everyday for almost 1 year
        Road To Magplant

Total Networth: 22dls
        Magplant: 50dls

Goals:
        Gaia:0/1
        Magplant:0/1
        Rayman:0/1
        Buy+ World:0/1
        Doodad: SOLD

Comment

Opportunity smiles on those who are prepared!

Comment

Sorcerer is probably better than chands since the price is 8-7.5/Wl and they have almost the same rarity
            IGN: Whiffle
            Discord: Whiffle#4410

Comment

What about pinballs? How do they compare to the rest of these?

Comment

Bruh

By that Logic/math I will have 800 Balance mooncakes...

CAP
                Ubisoft Hamumu

Comment

Originally posted by EazY View Post
                  Sorcerer is probably better than chands since the price is 8-7.5/Wl and they have almost the same rarity
                  chands and sorcerer have the exact same rarity
                  IGN: Endearing
                  Goal: Golden Angel Wings
                  Growtopian since 2016

Comment

Originally posted by GODAPOLLYON View Post
                    Summary
                    • Percentage chance for a mooncake = Rarity of the tree.
                    • There's a 1 in 100 chance that a Balance Mooncake would drop.
                    • Pepper, Laser Grids and Chands are your go-to for Harvestfest. (Depends if you can afford them)

Source for the formula: https://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showth...oncake-Formula
                    Since this post in 2015, balance mooncake drops have been nerfed (according to first hand accounts in the community). Some have speculated that the drop rate is now half (1/20,000)

lets say you have 10dls

WLs made if balances are sold during event (6 wls)
                    Pepper: 1410 wls
                    Laser Grid: 1224 wls
                    Chand: 1158 wls
                    Sorcerer: 87*25000/10000 = 1305 wls
                    Mbell: 1140 wls

Including the wls needed for farms:
                    Pepper Trees: 20 * 5=100
                    Laser grid: 12 * 5=60
                    Chand: 9 * 5=45
                    Sorcerer: 10 * 5=50
                    Mbell: 8 * 5=40

Profits minus wls needed for farms
                    Pepper: 1310 wls
                    Lgrid: 1164 wls
                    Chand: 1113 wls
                    Sorcerer: 1255 wls
                    Mbell: 1100

NOTE: Didn't take into account my above "correction" to 1/20,000, however, would decrease profits by half

I second this, sorcerer stone seeds are pretty stable at 25/wl, so you'll get more seeds than compared with Chandeliers. However, the market for Sorcerer is still pretty small, so it can be harder to buy them. It's probably best to have a mix of Sorcerers and Chandeliers if you want to maximize at this rarity level.
                    :cry::scratch:

Comment

I am too lazy to bother thinking about your formula stuff and all that even though I consider myself good at math but from my own experience, the trees with higher rarities are better than for example fish tanks. I once had thousands of pepper trees and I only got a few balance mooncakes, whilst I got way more or the same amount from way less chandelier trees.
                      Yo, I'm Ronn and I like food.

Comment

The thing with less rarity farmables is that they are much cheaper and you can farm them more than once during the event so you could actually get more mooncakes.
                        IGN: Whiffle
                        Discord: Whiffle#4410

Comment

The thing with less rarity farmables is that they are much cheaper and you can farm them more than once during the event so you could actually get more mooncakes.
                          wait I thought you can only get mooncakes from the trees you planted before harvestfest

Comment

wait I thought you can only get mooncakes from the trees you planted before harvestfest
                            Mooncakes also drop DURING harvestfest.

Comment

Eh yes chand seeds ar 25/1 now and pepper seeds 50-60/1 if you buy pepper seeds 50/1 u got total 94 raity for 25/1 peppers pretty better and you can farm them 1 time in 2 days woah easy zeus

Comment

Working...
                              X