This is a scam right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a scam right?

So, I was chilling in my world and saw a sb saying quitting giving out 2000dls which im always skeptical. He has some signs and they say follow me on YouTube: prodigyy yt. It then has the way to enter in the comments which is a forum page which I was instantly suspect of.

This is the link : https://forumgrowtopiagame.com/login...000DLS-161251/

If this is a misunderstanding and somehow the forums changed then let me know
    Ign: Thewebb

i think it is..

i wont risk it tho.

as you can see the letters are not arranged correctly

oh and the time there is 8:55
    here its 2:25
    I started playing gt last August 23 2019
    I cant believe i played this game everyday for almost 1 year
    Road To Magplant

Total Networth: 22dls
    Magplant: 50dls

Goals:
    Gaia:0/1
    Magplant:0/1
    Rayman:0/1
    Buy+ World:0/1
    Doodad: SOLD

Comment

Yeah it is a scam. I recently heard of scams like this where they provide a fake forums link in order to get your password.
      Also, you should probably remove the link incase any wandering ppl decide to click on it and give our their info
      So lazy and bored yet So many things to do. . .

Comment

this is a phishing site and it’s honestly quite funny how badly the website is done. the margins are all screwed up and wrong, half the functions are missing, and there’s a hilarious message about making new accounts. it’s honestly not that difficult to copy the site, and this probably could have been much better done
        if you don’t believe me- click the plugg profile and it links to izesty’s profile instead (who i don’t think has anything to do with the scam, since they are a smart gamer depicted by their creation of a cool forums event) also, look at recent posts from either profile and the post shown in the website is nowhere to be seen
        i also don’t think phloquiston actually wrote that since if you look at their previous posts, their writing style is completely different

by looking up the website on whoishostingthis.com, you can identify the hosting service as namecheap.com.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	F1831638-8C50-4B62-97B6-86B21B1AC8B9.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	326.3 KB
ID:	6607684
        on their website, if you would like to stop these phishers, you can submit an abuse report here- https://support.namecheap.com/index....mit/RenderForm

Name:	95F7A4CE-B43C-4E74-B452-01E43678A468.jpeg
Size:	305.4 KB
ID:	6607685

Name:	65DA9B1C-2F54-4118-8AA1-6BF09AC6FBF7.jpeg
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	6607686
        Last edited by Phantic; 07-28-2020, 03:11 AM.
        ”even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise."

ign: phantic
        discord: darkphantic#7895

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by webb View Post
          So, I was chilling in my world and saw a sb saying quitting giving out 2000dls which im always skeptical. He has some signs and they say follow me on YouTube: prodigyy yt. It then has the way to enter in the comments which is a forum page which I was instantly suspect of.

This is the link : https://forumgrowtopiagame.com/login...000DLS-161251/

If this is a misunderstanding and somehow the forums changed then let me know
          It's a scam
          IGN: Haphazardly (previously GodApollyon)
          I love reading, and I love myself

Click me:

Comment

lol if you try to log in it doesn’t do anything- it’s just meant to steal your information
            ”even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise."

ign: phantic
            discord: darkphantic#7895

sigpic

Comment

Players had gotten this far for a yellow-lock currency in a game. Just wow.

Yes that's definitely a scam. Just remember always to not share your id and pass to anyone. Think twice, wait, infinite times before you do!
              BAITS
              SABERs 8 each
              GO DSTOCK

Comment

Alright i wanted to make sure. Also I genuinely wasn't thinking at first and just typed in my forum name Webb and it didn't auto fill so I was sus. I was kinda stupid tho and put my old pass but it doesn't match my ign or nowhere close to my pass so I'd say I'm safe

Also don't flame me im slow and knew either way it was chill

If i start posting weird stuff just know I've been hacked but just on the forums lmao
                Ign: Thewebb

Comment

ah yes the scam where I got used as bait lmaooo
                  hey on the bright side (as bright as using the forums in a dark room) the stupid scam phish site is now gone!
                  I may not answer you if I'm prepping for harvest while having online classes, so... Sorry!

I have Vending Machines in BDCMARS... If I say I sell something, it'll be there.

GrowID: Phloqiston
                  World: BDCMARS
                  Discord: Phloqiston#2840

Comment

Working...
                  X