Help! Is this normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Is this normal?

Hello, ive been playing growtopia for over 5 years and 1800 hours ingame. I have a total of 10 dl. Is that normal? I see people with hundreds of dls and I've started the game before them! Idk whats going on everyday I'm doing everything I can to profit. How am I supposed to get DLS? Its like its so hard, basically impossible.

Farming and massing are good for starters. You can try trade profiting also (buy low, sell high).

It's okay if you feel like that but don't bother others too much. Take it in your own pace as long as you are having fun playing the game.

​​​​​​Though, the richer you are the easier to earn wls.
    BAITS
    SABERs 8 each
    GO DSTOCK

Comment

a person that played from 2018-2020 is going to have more dls by a long shot than someone who had played 2013-2018

Comment

Hi! It is completely normal. You see, being rich, or possesing many World Locks is not a quick process. Well at least in my case it is not. Look, I have been playing this game since 2013, and I can guarantee you that I have never EVER been, and I will never EVER be one of the richest players or at least rich enough that I could literally trash Diamond Locks without even noticing (I am usingsuch exaggerated examples based on you stating "hundreds of dls". Becoming rich really depends on the individual who is trying to do so. Knowledge and experience also play a huge role in this case. You see, the lenght of you being a GrowTopian (By that I mean playing the game.) does not have to be equal to how rich you are. Because if this woulda be true, the 2012 - 2013 - 2014 GrowTopians would be literally swimming in Blue Gem Locks by now without having to move a finger.

It is also nothing out of the ordinary that people who have started playing the game after you are basically more rich as they could have found a more effective way of making profit that you have never heard of. (NOT TALKING ABOUT SCAMMING!) Another possibility is that they could have bought all of their items (By that I mean the locks neccessary to purchase those items.) with real money. Regardless though, I know that sometimes it can feel a bit awkward or weird (Talking from my personal experience.) to meet someone who is clearly playing the game for a shorter period of time than you are, and has much more expensive items/worlds than you, but that should never make you jealous because jealousy will not get you anywhere in GrowTopia and in real life also. Instead you should use it as fuel which will motivate you to work on yourself and try your best to improve/increase your profit. It is also depended on the creativity and determination of an individual. For instance a person who started playing in 2017 can become more rich than you because they simply have the so call "know-how" and they just know how to profit and adapt naturally in any environment. (Which will definitely come in handy later in real life of course.) The born businessmen if you wanna call them that. The time you have played for does not play any important role here if it was not obvious by now.

Another reason why this might be is simply because of the different "eras" in which we joined if I can call it like that. Us "OGs" we are the "old generation" of GrowTopia (You can think of us as the "Seniors". In real life that would be for example your Grandmother or Grandfather. I have legitimately seen new players make fun of me when I told them how old I am, in GrowTopia, meaning how long I play for. ) who had it very difficult to earn World Locks back in the days of 2013, and the World Lock did not even cost 2.000 gems at first. Some of us still know/try to use the "old school" ways of profitting as we were taught them, (Or found them out ourselves in some cases.) however the mistake some of us do not realize is that these are often outdated. I mean come on, it is 2020. I dare to say that the newcomers, (Even the players who started in 2018.) have it MUCH easier to earn World Locks than us back in the day as back then the game was not so "well developed" as it is now and you did not have many ways/items to profit on. For instance, remember how some of us had to grind and break all the dirt blocks, just to get the seeds so that we could re-plant them afterwards and hope to get at least a gem from the tree? We would keep doing this until we reached 2.000 gems just to buy our first World Lock after the price was lowered. (I am talking about people who were starting out and could not afford popular farmables of that time which were "Sugar Canes", "BlackRock Wall" "Venus Guytrap", or "Pinball Bumpers". Now of course there were different ways, I just pointed out one of them. The new players will never understand/have to go through this kind of pain as there are BFGs currently, which are literally easy profit and experience if you are not lazy to farm. Take this as an another example, (I do not mean to offend anybody or anyone, this example is solely just for the purpose of highlighting the point.) you give your Grandmother a brand new 2020 made smartphone which has a bunch of great and new features. Now moving aside the smaller group of Seniors who would actually be capable of using such thing, the majority of Seniors would not, and would ask for help as they are too old to understand how it works and to use it. This is pretty much the case of some old players. (PLEASE NOTICE THAT I SAID "SOME" AS NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE THIS!) They are too old and are struggling to adapt to the new environment and conditions of making profit in the game so the new players are taking the lead which is completely fine because they are keeping the game alive. Now, some will agree with me and some will not.

And the last but not least, as asdsda321412 already mentioned above, firstly I would like to appreciate his points as they are very true. There are many ways of profitting in the game and he has already told you some. My addition to his list would be purchasing packs (Small Seed Packs SSPs - becoming a supplier of a SSP vending wolrd or even starting your own one, Surgery Packs, or any event pack.) You can also get some World Locks out of IOTMs. (Item of the month.) Tackle Boxes, ATM (Automated Teller Machines.) although I would not recommend relying on them to bring you solid profit if you do not have many of them. Running a rent BFG world (You should not purchase any Magplant 5000 currently from anyone as it might be duped, due to the entire duplication glitch situation.) once you have the budget for it, or purchasing a BUY+ world for a stable income which does not require much maintenance as BFGs mostly do unless you have trusted people as your Administrators which are not neccessarily easy to find.

I hope I helped you out and explained my point properly.
        Patrick

Comment

Hmmm i think your not interested in playing growtopia :/

becuz i started playing this game on august 2019 and i used to watch profit vids, series like dirt to rayman etc.
          i finished them all, but the important part in the series or profit vids is the the way you follow the mass steps and calculating how many dls you SHOULD use on seeds.

im not flexing but im now at 24 dls total networth for almost playing this game 1 year and i have 23farms of peppers for harvest fest
          im interested on the game for such a long time ive been a noob for 3months.
          my 1 year account is dukechunk i played in that account until december. I decided to make a new account becuz i want to start all over again and after all of that i made "pineacorn" in january, im kinda busy becuz of school christmas events, family outing, new year and alot i dont play much

You know you have a life and you shouldnt spend all day on sitting in your chair, we are all quarantined right?
          why not Draw, Play instruments, listening to music and alot more!
          I started playing gt last August 23 2019
          I cant believe i played this game everyday for almost 1 year
          Road To Magplant

Total Networth: 22dls
          Magplant: 50dls

Goals:
          Gaia:0/1
          Magplant:0/1
          Rayman:0/1
          Buy+ World:0/1
          Doodad: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by HolypowersGT View Post
            Hello, ive been playing growtopia for over 5 years and 1800 hours ingame. I have a total of 10 dl. Is that normal? I see people with hundreds of dls and I've started the game before them! Idk whats going on everyday I'm doing everything I can to profit. How am I supposed to get DLS? Its like its so hard, basically impossible.
            Im also playing growtopia for over 5 years and almost 1800 hours ingame

And im only got 120+ DLs(net worth.... i dont like holding pures actually)

I don't know what is your definition of "Normal" but... if you want to profit you got to get a "Job" not only play the game by endless farming

Here's my job choices

Seed Planter,Block seller (the cheapest method)

Silk worm tamer (each worm produce averagely 99.5 silkthreads)

Growsaber Masser (My Favourite.. actually this is what got me to 120 DLs)

If you dont plan on spending that wl on anything i suggest buy tons of crystal seeds and make growsabers

Vending Machine exist to reduce farmers. Use it!
            My Waifu is Felicity
            My fav game is Yuumi

Comment

The only way to get rich is to buy a Buy+ world for cheap and sell it for more.. Been playing this game since 2014 and I can tell you farming is not the move. Just have to get lucky in finding a good Buy+ world for cheap that people would actually be interested in to buy for more. (Total net worth, 7-8 BGL).
              IGN: Rubies
              Main World: UBISOFT
              Level: 69

Comment

Me with 6 years and 8k hours of play time: 160 wls

Comment

Thanks guys for all the advice

Comment

Originally posted by highgear View Post

Growsaber Masser (My Favourite.. actually this is what got me to 120 DLs)

Im really intrested in this, could you please give some more details? do i just buy neon light seeds and crystal seed and spice? or do i need to mass them. Also i heard it depends on luck so will i lose profit?

Comment

Lol i started playing growtopia may 10 2020 now i have 42 dls net worth.

Comment

Originally posted by HolypowersGT View Post

Im really intrested in this, could you please give some more details? do i just buy neon light seeds and crystal seed and spice? or do i need to mass them. Also i heard it depends on luck so will i lose profit?
                        https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...s-calculations

there you go
                        Vending Machine exist to reduce farmers. Use it!
                        My Waifu is Felicity
                        My fav game is Yuumi

Comment

Originally posted by highgear View Post
                          thank you very much

Comment

I'm playing gt for about 3 weeks and my current total net worth was 24dls. I don't hold pures i just keep investing

Comment

Originally posted by Shinkyuu View Post
                              I'm playing gt for about 3 weeks and my current total net worth was 24dls. I don't hold pures i just keep investing
                              ummmmm how exactly?
                              it took me months to learm what growtopia really is and you 3 weeks alrady have 24dls networth?
                              impossible

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE
                              im not mad im just asking
                              I started playing gt last August 23 2019
                              I cant believe i played this game everyday for almost 1 year
                              Road To Magplant

Total Networth: 22dls
                              Magplant: 50dls

Goals:
                              Gaia:0/1
                              Magplant:0/1
                              Rayman:0/1
                              Buy+ World:0/1
                              Doodad: SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X