Forum/game rules on politics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum/game rules on politics?

Hey so ive been away for quite a while now and cant remember where i can read the forum rules and game rules again, i cant find it. Could someone link me?
    also specifically if it isnt mentioned.
    are politics allowed on the forums/posts about politically related things?
    or politics mentioned/talked about allowed in any form?
    thanks
    (background info, i am starting a team project on growtopia and it is politically inspired which i would need to adress and explain in order for it to make sense)

(Discord: LadyCyborg#7485)
    Originally posted by FyreX
    Thank you Sherlock, Very cool!

Bump, really need help with this

(Discord: LadyCyborg#7485)
    Originally posted by FyreX
    Thank you Sherlock, Very cool!

Comment

The thread is called "The Growtopian Code" in announcements. Kinda hard to find tbh.
      The Growtopian Code - Growtopia Forums (growtopiagame.com)

This is the specific line addressing this:
      • Steer clear of discussing potentially controversial topics, including but not limited to Politics and Religion.
      If you gave some more details about this, I or someone else could probably evaluate how allowed whatever you want to do is.
      IGN: DamageBoost
      Guild: BETA

A jaded world builder of terrible (but unique) ideas. Never ask me for business advice.

Playing and reviewing your parkour worlds:
      The Ultimate World Feedback - Growtopia Forums (growtopiagame.com)

Comment

• LadyCyborg
        LadyCyborg commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. Well the thing is. I would need probably a mod or a guardian evaluate this so i can get a proper answer. I dont want to break the rules or cause any sort of problems.
        The politics are ”leftist” aka morally (on a general public view) none of it is harmful or hateful towards people.

The project i would be starting is just a fun test inside growtopia, nothing illegal, nothing weird, nothing harmful. Ill try to explain it shortly:

so basically growtopia is heavily based on a ”society” that is very capitalistic. Of course keeping in mind this is just a game and nothing is particularly ”real” about it.
        But anyway, growtopia is largely a capitalist game. Everything is revolved around on individuals earning and wanting money aka wls

My idea is being, with a few of my friends who have not ever played growtopia. We would start a so called ”anarchist growtopia commune” just with a team of people, us working together, we will set a goal and assign roles or jobs and plan out the project.
        The basic goal for now would be to see how much and how well we could ”do” or earn in the game. Anarchism itself is a real political ideology quite radical from the ”norm” it is completely opposite from what capitalism is. So basically goal is to see how well anarchism would work inside a very capitalistic system, except its just a game.

About the team, we would need people who somewhat can understand what it is and how it works, we will obviously explain things when needed to. But main focus is to create a commune / a team that will be working together through mutual aid to achieve things such as: earning wls through farming or trading, building a world
        Thats all i got for now. Nobody who joins has to absolutely be an anarchist. Overall its mostly a kids game and we want individuals who understand and are interested in this project. Very young kids should not participate in politics themself through others.
        Its not about debating other ideologies. We are not interested in that. Its not about discussing or spreading political ideology. It will be only a fun test in the game to see how well we could do as a team, growing from nothing

• DweebBoi
        DweebBoi commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, it would make my time on growtopia interesting, so sign me up.

the rule placement is sooo bad

Comment

The Growtopian Code has rules about that but then again it also says that trolling is bannable and I ain't going to stop that

Jedaki

Comment

• Recreate
          Recreate commented
          Editing a comment
          Based (10 chars)

Originally posted by LadyCyborg
        Thanks. Well the thing is. I would need probably a mod or a guardian evaluate this so i can get a proper answer. I dont want to break the rules or cause any sort of problems.
        The politics are ”leftist” aka morally (on a general public view) none of it is harmful or hateful towards people.

The project i would be starting is just a fun test inside growtopia, nothing illegal, nothing weird, nothing harmful. Ill try to explain it shortly:

so basically growtopia is heavily based on a ”society” that is very capitalistic. Of course keeping in mind this is just a game and nothing is particularly ”real” about it.
        But anyway, growtopia is largely a capitalist game. Everything is revolved around on individuals earning and wanting money aka wls

My idea is being, with a few of my friends who have not ever played growtopia. We would start a so called ”anarchist growtopia commune” just with a team of people, us working together, we will set a goal and assign roles or jobs and plan out the project.
        The basic goal for now would be to see how much and how well we could ”do” or earn in the game. Anarchism itself is a real political ideology quite radical from the ”norm” it is completely opposite from what capitalism is. So basically goal is to see how well anarchism would work inside a very capitalistic system, except its just a game.

About the team, we would need people who somewhat can understand what it is and how it works, we will obviously explain things when needed to. But main focus is to create a commune / a team that will be working together through mutual aid to achieve things such as: earning wls through farming or trading, building a world
        Thats all i got for now. Nobody who joins has to absolutely be an anarchist. Overall its mostly a kids game and we want individuals who understand and are interested in this project. Very young kids should not participate in politics themself through others.
        Its not about debating other ideologies. We are not interested in that. Its not about discussing or spreading political ideology. It will be only a fun test in the game to see how well we could do as a team, growing from nothing
        I mean you just call it something not related to anarchism, and you'll probably be in the clear. It's more of a point of inspiration, after all.
        IGN: DamageBoost
        Guild: BETA

A jaded world builder of terrible (but unique) ideas. Never ask me for business advice.

Playing and reviewing your parkour worlds:
        The Ultimate World Feedback - Growtopia Forums (growtopiagame.com)

Comment

Originally posted by GrowH View Post
          The thread is called "The Growtopian Code" in announcements. Kinda hard to find tbh.
          The Growtopian Code - Growtopia Forums (growtopiagame.com)

Oh! Let me guess--is this for a practical research endeavor? If so, I'm guessing you are taking a case study of some sort or ethnography, then? But if that isn't the case at all, nevermind. I'm just fascinated by research, especially in a game like Growtopia. 😅👊
          Ahrcéus | YouTube Content Creator
          IG/Twitter: @Ahrceus
          sigpic
          Check out my latest video!

Comment

• LadyCyborg
            LadyCyborg commented
            Editing a comment
            Well kind of but not quite. Anarchism itself is a real political ideology that does hold certain ”moral” values and so on, but to put it simply. Anarchism is layered with different approaches to society and building community. Every political ideology does this, anarchism is just one of them.
            Were basically not focusing on what all of anarchism is about and putting or trying that in the game. More just parts of anarchism related to outside trading and mutual aid, building a sustainable community with self produced recourses. Thats the main point of what we can try out in the game
            So we will be doing that basically. Not any other parts like authority related things (not even possible because this is a game) or agriculture, education etc because again this is a game its not possible lol

I don't think that this will violate the rules at all. It might be "anarchy" but hey, it's an interesting concept.

I think the Code of Conduct meant that people who actually talk about controversial political stuff will get banned.

Comment

• LadyCyborg
            LadyCyborg commented
            Editing a comment
            Its not ”anarchy”, anarchism is a real political ideology, not unorganized chaos like people often think. Thats why i need to make sure, because what we will be basing out test or research on in the game is politically driven or atleast inspired. Again theres no spreading of politics or debating, were very much not interested in that. So thats where the growtopia code of conduct gets to a grey area.

Looking at the explanation you've said, it should be fine? But that's just my personal opinion.

Comment

Working...
          X