Regarding BUYMOONCAKE & Royal Lock in general

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FOWL View Post
    How does the gun example even correlate at all to any of this?
    a gun can be used for good things, such as defense against an attack or to shoot down dangerous animals. But it can also be used for bad things, such as murder and homicide

royal locks can be used for good or fun things, such as interviews or video shoots so that the screen won't be covered with mememes and rainbow trails that everyone seems to be forgetting, but it can also be used for bad things, like monopoly and price manipulation (something everyone hates)

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by FOWL View Post
    There’s no rule forcing you to stay in a world.
    Yeah, like for some cases of fascist countries, you can leave, but fascism still affects the outside world too, just like how RLs manipulations are carried to other worlds

Comment

• Originally posted by XxGamerGT2xX View Post
      a gun can be used for good things, such as defense against an attack or to shoot down dangerous animals. But it can also be used for bad things, such as murder and homicide

royal locks can be used for good or fun things, such as interviews or video shoots so that the screen won't be covered with mememes and rainbow trails that everyone seems to be forgetting, but it can also be used for bad things, like monopoly and price manipulation (something everyone hates)
      Price manipulation happens rarely and even at such point people still don’t go by what prices say but rather by what they see in trades
      IGN: FOWL

Comment

there's no rule saying that abusing community worlds is fine, just like saying that fascism is okay. All examples leads to disasters
        And what makes a world named BUY_insertname_ a comunity world? As I know worlds are personal owned by single players, not by any comunity manager!
        What if f your farm world was named BUYFARM that would make it a comunity world? Then please start sharing your farmables with everyone, don't keep them for yourself and your own use!

You are over exaggerating by calling this fascism, you probably don't even know what fascism really means.
        You can't just compare Fascism that easily to a pegi 12 game played mostly by young kids whose main goal is probably only getting their dream item/complete a goal and they would use any available resource that's not banned to reach it!
        I do not personally like muted worlds, but I don't see a point to complain about them since the owner (for now and I don't know for how much longer) has the right to use it as he desires, starting from a farm,a parkour, a minigame world, a public trade world, a private world to buy supplies for his/her own needs and so on. Having a world that starts with BUY doesn't necessarly impose to make it a comunity trading world!
        :hat:

Comment

• Originally posted by Napoleonn View Post
          And what makes a world named BUY_insertname_ a comunity world? As I know worlds are personal owned by single players, not by any comunity manager!
          What if f your farm world was named BUYFARM that would make it a comunity world? Then please start sharing your farmables with everyone, don't keep them for yourself and your own use!

You are over exaggerating by calling this fascism, you probably don't even know what fascism really means.
          You can't just compare Fascism that easily to a pegi 12 game played mostly by young kids whose main goal is probably only getting their dream item/complete a goal and they would use any available resource that's not banned to reach it!
          I do not personally like muted worlds, but I don't see a point to complain about them since the owner (for now and I don't know for how much longer) has the right to use it as he desires, starting from a farm,a parkour, a minigame world, a public trade world, a private world to buy supplies for his/her own needs and so on. Having a world that starts with BUY doesn't necessarly impose to make it a comunity trading world!
          I am your spam manager

Comment

• Originally posted by 3rKang View Post
            Looks like someone has a life
            I hope you agree the fact that people who try (even ironically) to offend someone for sharing his point of view shouldn't be allowed to have free speech rights in a comunity & on the internet.

Comment

I hope you agree the fact that people who try (even ironically) to offend someone for sharing his point of view shouldn't be allowed to have free speech rights in a comunity & on the internet.
              Yes I totally agree!
              Suggestions:

Maximum Purchase personal setting

Suggestion box with many items

Comment

Oh wow you really don't get it huh? Here's a better explanation for you princesses :
                "A specific world that uses prefixes that means a sort of trade or transaction process, such as "BUY" or "SELL", and with a suffix that is the name of an item, or an acronym of one item, are usually portrayed by the community as a "trading world" or a valid medium of exchange of the specific item, based on it's name. This phenomena is called The Trading World Phenomena. One such example of this phenomena could be "BUYMOONCAKE"."

Comment

• Originally posted by PinkyMikaela View Post
                  Actually no, it's not our fault because it is not illegal. We have been working for DJRAZZE for a while now and we buy other things for him. Yea its once in a year but that's why we opened buysongpyeon to let people sell their items there. It is NOT forced because we are making them trade us, we allow others to trade too. They CHOOSE to trade us and sell their items. It would be selfish if DJRAZZE did all the buying for his benefit but no he chose to hire 5 people for the job because he knows our goals. You think we're greedy? We open the doors after we're done or let other people do it. It's more of a first come first serve.
                  No our sides aren't biased because we told DJ that we will open the doors and we find a way to increase the price a bit. We don't ban people stealing our sellers cause then that wouldn't be fair. Is it REALLY that hard to message someone or trade them showcasing what you're buying/selling? No. I've done it before. Even I have argued to have the world unmuted. Why do you think buysongpyeon is opened and unmuted? Because we wanted it to. Rarely any people looks at the positive things we've done and only focus on the negative. I guess that's how the world works. You can never EVER satisfy everyone.
                  We are not treating them like crap because we consider their feelings. I can even post the texts us admins and the owner tell each other. How about you visit the worlds for a couple minutes or so and see that us admins are not focused on just buying, we are also focused on sharing what occurred today in school, college, work, whatsoever.
                  We also know that it is a popular world but it is only popular for a week in a year. We say to go to other worlds so people won't waste their time trying to reason with us. Also, it may be illegal in the future but it is still legal now so I don't see any problems with it. Wouldn't you try to make a way to regain 1000 worth of DLS if it was your world because you're considering others only and not yourself? Yea we should be generous and loving but what good is it if you cannot help yourself and you're miserable?
                  Stop being a narcissist please. Yes, the event is only held ONCE a year and I value it. I genuinely do not appreciate what you are doing right now. It's annoying. Banning people from the world just because they want to buy Mooncakes? Ridiculous! This is just a game. It's where you have fun. Sigh. It's not only about profiting TONS. I'm truly disappointed in you. You are a disgrace to the community. If you are here just to profit, quit the game, please.
                  GrowID: PokeNotPoke
                  Instagram: @pokenotpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokekid123 View Post
                    Stop being a narcissist please. Yes, the event is only held ONCE a year and I value it. I genuinely do not appreciate what you are doing right now. It's annoying. Banning people from the world just because they want to buy Mooncakes? Ridiculous! This is just a game. It's where you have fun. Sigh. It's not only about profiting TONS. I'm truly disappointed in you. You are a disgrace to the community. If you are here just to profit, quit the game, please.
                    Lmao everyone has different goals in game whether it be to profit to reach it or to have fun. Quite funny that you’re saying he/she should quit because they wanna profit. Go cry me a river.

Comment

"are usually portrayed by the community" [/I][/B]
                      Exactly, those worlds are PORTRAITED as trade worlds but that does not mean that the owner necessarly have to build and use them as trade worlds just because of their name!
                      A portraited thing is an abstract idea, nothing concrete, just a personal opinion of a group or an individual.

Maybe it's time for the comunity to accept the fact that worlds don't belong to a comunity, yet they are owned by individuals that have full rights on what to do with them. Then, if the comunity doesn't go along with that type of worlds they can just start "portraiting" the concept of TRADE WORLD with different names names such asTradeMooncake/s TradeWings TradeClothes etc. or any other name you come up with!
                      If changing the concept of actual trade worlds is what "the comunity" or at least the majority of the comunity really wants then they have to fight for it without having to damage anyone.
                      Owner of those worlds included!

Beside that, people probably spent real money just to get a Royal Lock for its effect! How fair do you think it is to change/remove its effect and make it a simple good looking lock and have all those players who spent thousands of gems for that IOTM damaged?

(Well unless every single person who purchased a royal lock gets a refund it's do-able)

I also have a suggestion for a royal lock update!
                      it could be changed in order to use a command like /mute /playername to permanently mute a single individual from your world without letting him/her know that people can no longer see his/her chat.
                      And /unmute /playername to unmute the relative player.
                      (With a minimum of at least 200 black listed names on the list)
                      That way, owner of trade worlds can mute spammers without them knowing that their chat is not visible to others.
                      So even if they still come to your world and abuse spam-bots this will not bother anyone!

Comment

Exactly, those worlds are PORTRAITED as trade worlds but that does not mean that the owner necessarly have to build and use them as trade worlds just because of their name!
                        A portraited thing is an abstract idea, nothing concrete, just a personal opinion of a group or an individual.

Maybe it's time for the comunity to accept the fact that worlds don't belong to a comunity, yet they are owned by individuals that have full rights on what to do with them. Then, if the comunity doesn't go along with that type of worlds they can just start "portraiting" the concept of TRADE WORLD with different names names such asTradeMooncake/s TradeWings TradeClothes etc. or any other name you come up with!
                        If changing the concept of actual trade worlds is what "the comunity" or at least the majority of the comunity really wants then they have to fight for it without having to damage anyone.
                        Owner of those worlds included!

Beside that, people probably spent real money just to get a Royal Lock for its effect! How fair do you think it is to change/remove its effect and make it a simple good looking lock and have all those players who spent thousands of gems for that IOTM damaged?

(Well unless every single person who purchased a royal lock gets a refund it's do-able)

I also have a suggestion for a royal lock update!
                        it could be changed in order to use a command like /mute /playername to permanently mute a single individual from your world without letting him/her know that people can no longer see his/her chat.
                        And /unmute /playername to unmute the relative player.
                        (With a minimum of at least 200 black listed names on the list)
                        That way, owner of trade worlds can mute spammers without them knowing that their chat is not visible to others.
                        So even if they still come to your world and abuse spam-bots this will not bother anyone!

You do realize that the majority of the community sees trade worlds as trade worlds? We expect trade worlds to be open and free for trading. They are the only places we can trade. No other place will have anybody. Yes, the owners can legally do whatever they want, but controlling prices and blocking free trade is not right. The owners and admins of BUYMOONCAKE are the only ones benefiting, everyone else is harmed.

Also, you try convincing 50,000 people to migrate to astrademooncakes. Not gonna happen. Just nerf the damn royal lock and refund people
                        signature.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROOTbeerr View Post
                          You do realize that the majority of the community sees trade worlds as trade worlds? We expect trade worlds to be open and free for trading. They are the only places we can trade. No other place will have anybody. Yes, the owners can legally do whatever they want, but controlling prices and blocking free trade is not right. The owners and admins of BUYMOONCAKE are the only ones benefiting, everyone else is harmed.

Also, you try convincing 50,000 people to migrate to astrademooncakes. Not gonna happen. Just nerf the damn royal lock and refund people
                          You said it yourself seen as trade worlds not community worlds. Blocking free trade? lmao you gotta be kidding me

Comment

• Originally posted by ROOTbeerr View Post

You do realize that just because people portray the figure "BUY+something" to a trade world it doesn't necessarly mean that it has to be a trade world right? Or bet you aren't even considering that part!
                            What if I decided to make a cool parkour world of a popular world named BUY....? It would be fine to royal lock it since you don't need to trade in a parkour? Or what if I bought that BuyWorld just to make a vend shop of it? It's not LAW that a world called BUYsomething has to be a world with a public trading area!
                            Last edited by Napoleonn; 09-26-2018, 03:41 PM.

Comment

You do realize that just because people portraits the figure "BUY+something" to a trade world it doesn't necessarly mean that it has to be a trade world right? Or bet you aren't even considering that part!
                              What if I decided to make a cool parkour world of a popular world named BUY....? It would be fine to royal lock it since you don't need to trade in a parkour? Or what if I bought that BuyWorld just to make a vend shop of it? It's not LAW that a world called BUYsomething has to be a world with a public trading area!
                              It’s expected. We expect BUY+ worlds to be trade worlds. If you turned buyhat into a parkour and royal locked it, it wouldn’t be fine. Because people go to buy worlds to trade. What’s in the world doesn’t have to do anything with royal locking it. People could trade in a parkour. I never said it was law to be a trading world, just expected.

Also it’s portray. Not portraits.
                              signature.

Comment

I want to remind you that THERE IS NOT any law or a decree that says that a world starting with the word "BUY" has to be necessarly a world meant for trading purposes. That's something that the comunity made up, not a rule imposed by game developers!
                                However Growtopia was and is created sociability in mind.

Originally posted by Napoleonn View Post
                                Even though I don't like it, I still don't see anything wrong in using a royal lock in a world that you own if you do it for personal profit and you are not "scamming" others!
                                No need to get to that point again. It's plain greed and social exploitation, no rlock would cause no problem whatsoever, people are already dealing with the fact worlds with public boards are going extinct.

What if every BUY-world owner decided to make a parkour out of it? Would you still complain and throw poop at him because he decided to use his world as he better desires?
                                Even if the design was completely garbage at least people can go straight to the point and at least chat.

So that's my point! If you don't like a world or how it is used, just do not go there! There are 100 other alternative ways to buy the item you're looking for! Go to other worlds , do broadcasts, super broadcast or just follow the super broadcasts where people sells items.
                                Clearly hasnt read the rest of the thread/my posts.

I have to admit that I often mute my buy worlds because players that use spam bots invade it and they would spam the whole day, ruining my worlds honors and making people spam me all day to ban them, thing that of course I don't have time to do (because I'm not going to waste my gameplay time to ban the same people over and over again every hour), I also unmute worlds when I see that most of spammers are gone and when I go offline.
                                Spam bots isn't even your problem it's for moderators to take care about. Affecting spam bots also affects legitimate people.

Regarding BuyMooncake, I myself don't have access there but I still managed to buy 600 balance cakes at 7 world locks each just by standing in the world and trading players! Then, since it got tiring, I decided to go to other worlds and also follow super-broadcasts, that way I managed to get another 1000 cakes!
                                So please don't complain that you missed your chance to buy the cake you needed just because that world was silenced by its owner, I do not believe it! If it was possible for me to buy what I needed it is possible for other players aswell!
                                That is only because of the L title. I've experienced it when I go to BUYCRYSTAL and some people are messaging me if im buying anything because they know I'm wealthy.
                                And you know thats true because yourself when you had the Non-GID title you changed your name accordingly to "BuyX". It gave you an advantage, so I wouldn't consider that fair to the other people either.
                                As for people trying to get their way through, well, good luck with it.
                                A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
                                Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
                                IGN: TK69
                                Growtopia Treehouse Discord | My Insta

Comment

Working...
                                X