Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Balloon Wars sucks and here's why

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Balloon Wars sucks and here's why

    Balloon wars is now confined to certain worlds. This is supposed to keep players who aren't interested in playing happy, and showcase the winning worlds.

    I feel like this BW sucks compared to the last two. Most of the fun for me was fighting people EVERYWHERE. The fact that -almost- nowhere was safe made me feel like it was a community wide event, like the Zombie Apocolypse event, which I also enjoy greatly. The previous format of BW caused me to explore worlds I'd never normally enter, and meet people who weren't trading or farming. Most importantly, I felt like there was a reason to cash in stuff for balloons, gems for packs, and a general sense of allegiance to my team. People were letting me use their machines, just so our team could win. That's moderately selfless and one of the few times I've seen consistent selflessness in Growtopia (though the Valentines Cards are also really great.)

    I feel like it's ridiculous to confine it to certain worlds just so people don't have to participate. That would be like confining geigers to one world, zombie virus to one world, fishing, etc. Ubi has taken a major, game-wide event and uprooted what it was supposed to be: Game-wide.

  • #2
    People complained about getting hit by balloons in every world (including me) because it was really annoying and just like we wished - they changed it


    ⎛⎝Deus Vult⎠⎞

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ESTkid505HD View Post
      People complained about getting hit by balloons in every world (including me) because it was really annoying and just like we wished - they changed it
      And once again "Complains"
      REALGOPNIK
      LVL 108
      #FakeNews

      Comment


      • #4
        Well, some of this is true. I do find balloon warz useless.
        ~Chemmie
        Discord: Chemmie #7714

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by REALGOPNIK View Post
          And once again "Complains"
          There really have been no updates where people don't complain


          ⎛⎝Deus Vult⎠⎞

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ESTkid505HD View Post
            People complained about getting hit by balloons in every world (including me) because it was really annoying and just like we wished - they changed it
            The truth, i prefer old way tho,
            I might be selfish, but I speak what in my mind
            Originally posted by Aleksis St
            Protects the rights of ancestral seed
            THEY BUFFED IT 2X

            Originally posted by Odric
            That's a really awesome item! Great work!
            Well then, add that thing!

            Originally posted by Oma357
            Leone Abbacchio your back!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              we all have different preferences so... Anyways there should be a limit to where you can play and where you can not, so this time they did good!!
              IGN:Fervors

              Do give a visit to my main collection world 'Fervors'. Give it a /rate 5 if you enjoyed my collection Thanks! I know it's not much, it's still a mini collection afterall.

              Comment


              • #8
                I agree with the post, but i also agree thats its annoying to get hit. However, once youre hit and other people can see youve been, they wont waste their balloons on you anymore. The irritation is very bearable. Its more fun to not have restrictions, because i liked to visit worlds and hit people myself
                My Discord is XODozzyOX#3158, though I forgot my email, feel free to add me in case one day I recover my account

                Originally posted by XODozzyOX
                •I AM A GIRL!!!•

                Comment


                • #9
                  Here's an option, make Balloon Warz an opt-in event, if you don't want to play it you don't have to and if you want to play it you just need to press a few buttons.
                  GrowID: Oldsock/JudahBowe
                  Instagram: @sockia
                  Discord: Oldsock#0653

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ESTkid505HD View Post
                    People complained about getting hit by balloons in every world (including me) because it was really annoying and just like we wished - they changed it
                    Couldn't they just make Bath Towel Checkpoints easier to obtain then?

                    *thinks of all possible exploits and loopholes from last statement

                    With a Washing cooldown?
                    IGN: Kuishie
                    WOTDs: 0/100
                    Dear Fredi, please teach me how to become like you, the king of WOTD, help me bring back the glory of it. AMENNNNNNNNNNNNN
                    Why was the Ultra Trophy 3000 made into some 2018 cheap knockoff? Whoever made the idea is so tasteless.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ESTkid505HD View Post
                      People complained about getting hit by balloons in every world (including me) because it was really annoying and just like we wished - they changed it
                      :Oh no! I hate getting infected by zombies. Please make a special worlds only for zombies.

                      :That would make Zombie Jammers useless.

                      :Guess what they did to Balloon Jammers which cost more than 6 Zombie Jammers.
                      IGN: FRADM
                      A fisherman who loves fishing, obviously...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by FDMGamer View Post
                        :Oh no! I hate getting infected by zombies. Please make a special worlds only for zombies.

                        :That would make Zombie Jammers useless.

                        :Guess what they did to Balloon Jammers which cost more than 6 Zombie Jammers.
                        R.I.P. Balloon jammer (2017-2018)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I agree, new Balloon Warz suck, it was 5 times more interesting to go to different worlds and fight there. It gave me joy and I loved Ballon Warz. Everyone was building their own Balloon Warz fighting worlds, without care of wasting Wls, now these all worlds are useless. There even is an item, called "Balloon jammer", it's now just a useless "trash" item with no use. I believe, all those complainments are from some 9 year olds, who don't like, when balloons are being trowed at them. As everybody says:"Ubisoft is the killer of GT"
                          Level: 48
                          Current goal: Getting mini you
                          Dream item: nightmare devils
                          Favorite colors: blue, red, purple, green
                          Favorite element: fire/lightning
                          Favorite anime: Naruto

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Dozzy69 View Post
                            I agree with the post, but i also agree thats its annoying to get hit. However, once youre hit and other people can see youve been, they wont waste their balloons on you anymore. The irritation is very bearable. Its more fun to not have restrictions, because i liked to visit worlds and hit people myself
                            The color that you get when you get hit really hurts my eyes because it's so damn bright or something. For me that is unbearable
                            Originally posted by FDMGamer View Post
                            :Oh no! I hate getting infected by zombies. Please make a special worlds only for zombies.

                            :That would make Zombie Jammers useless.

                            :Guess what they did to Balloon Jammers which cost more than 6 Zombie Jammers.
                            Zombie infections can at least be cured with antidote that is really cheap
                            Originally posted by Didi112 gt View Post
                            I agree, new Balloon Warz suck, it was 5 times more interesting to go to different worlds and fight there. It gave me joy and I loved Ballon Warz. Everyone was building their own Balloon Warz fighting worlds, without care of wasting Wls, now these all worlds are useless. There even is an item, called "Balloon jammer", it's now just a useless "trash" item with no use. I believe, all those complainments are from some 9 year olds, who don't like, when balloons are being trowed at them. As everybody says:"Ubisoft is the killer of GT"
                            It wasn't just a few '9 year olds'. Had you been on the forums when the last warz was you would've seen how many people complained how annoying it was. Balloon Warz has always been weird - people love it or hate it, there seems to be no in-between


                            ⎛⎝Deus Vult⎠⎞

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X