Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OFFICIAL] Duplication discussion + Information

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [OFFICIAL] Duplication discussion + Information

    Hey, all.

    Update for you, check the official announcement for more info:
    • Rayman's Fist is now unlocked.
    • All other items with the exception of 3 (Thingamabob, Phoenix Wings & Da Vinci Wings) are unlocked, as well.
    • You can now trade the items that were duplicated - only large amounts are now being targeted. See the below quote for more info.


    Originally posted by NekoRei View Post
    Hello everyone,

    Just to be clear, the 30% of the duplicated items still exist, and you can go ahead and trade them.

    We will only tackle large amounts if we do, we will not remove additional locks with the items remaining. We already took actions against the players who traded the most from Staropi.

    We managed to remove close to 100% of the Rayman’s Fists, but we released some other items such as Valentines Week items even if we did not reach 100% because the event is starting soon.

    31
    <Answer>
    58.06%
    18
    <Answer>
    41.94%
    13
    Last edited by Misthios; 02-07-2019, 10:20 AM.
    Contact me on Discord: Misthios#3697.

    Follow me on Instagram: misthios.gt

  • #2
    Reserved for comment

    (EDITED)What happens if people who found the dupe glitch, duped ages and ages ago, hid the items on others accounts without the system/admins recognise its duped?

    What is the process of you guys removing the items and how long will this take?

    Is there compensation?

    Will there be apology weekend/week but no rollback?

    Please awnser any question you can Ubisoft.

    IGN: YoMattty
    Discord: Matty#1281
    Currently returning to Growtopia!



    Join my guild today!
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      i agree with how ubisoft handled this...

      lol honestly i agree with how ubisoft handled the situation. it might be harsh but it will be an actual reminder that ppl shouldn't touch duped items for any reason. those who did it for fun, try to prove that you had no ill intentions to support and it should be fine. think of it this way - if there were a rollback, it would solve the situation right away but honestly this will keep repeating itself just like it had been in the past so props to ubisoft for making a statement but i hope those with no ill-intentions don't get banned

      Comment


      • #4
        ok royal lock dude
        Suggestions:

        Maximum Purchase personal setting

        Suggestion box with many items

        Comment


        • #5
          Reserved

          Leader of the BREAK guild
          Main World: 123
          Growtopia Discord server: https://discord.gg/tJUJWcy

          Comment


          • #6
            Dumb logic. buying a large quantity is now an exploitation. Let me go buy 2k asteroids for a cheap price. Omg its a large amount im exploiting.
            IGN: FOWL

            Comment


            • #7
              So im hoping i wont get a ban because as stated it says people that bought knowingly in mass amounts will be banned. And i unknowgly at the time bought a phoenic wing and a golden diaper
              “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
              — The Doctor
              “I was born to make mistakes, not to be perfect.”
              ― Ross Lynch

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by FOWL View Post
                Dumb logic. buying a large quantity is now an exploitation. Let me go buy 2k asteroids for a cheap price. Omg its a large amount im exploiting.
                I think theres a difference between buying a pair of da vinci wings to try them out, and buying 20 for 10 world locks and selling them for 10 dls.

                Leader of the BREAK guild
                Main World: 123
                Growtopia Discord server: https://discord.gg/tJUJWcy

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Metrix View Post
                  I think theres a difference between buying a pair of da vinci wings to try them out, and buying 20 for 10 world locks and selling them for 10 dls.
                  I agree with you
                  “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
                  — The Doctor
                  “I was born to make mistakes, not to be perfect.”
                  ― Ross Lynch

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Guys whats with all the reserved? You guys were quite happy to jump on other threads and have your say.

                    Mods firstly thank you for not rolling back, there are lots of people that have spent a lot of time on their accounts doing the right thing and that would have a negative impact on them.

                    Secondly can we ask how far back you guys are investigating? While this has blown up today, apparently the duplication has been going on for quite some time (some have said a week, others have said longer).

                    I'd also like to ask for something else that hasn't been taken into consideration in the past. Is it possible we could be given more time for Grow event given the down time of the game? Is this something that can also be considered in future when there are problems while events, carnival etc are on?

                    Like others have on other threads I'd also like to ask for IP bans for those that caused the problem and any other IP address they have used on alts so they cant simply log in on their phone instead of their home wifi. It's simply not fair to everyone else they cause these problems and we don't want them in the game. Im not talking about the newbie that YouTubed it and tried it with a wl or something, Im talking about the person/people that started all of this.

                    - - - Updated - - -

                    Originally posted by ItsKyan View Post
                    So im hoping i wont get a ban because as stated it says people that bought knowingly in mass amounts will be banned. And i unknowgly at the time bought a phoenic wing and a golden diaper

                    thats not mass amounts to profit off. You will be fine from what they have said above. They are talking about those that went and bought a heap of Davinci or something.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      what about those who completed and obtained legendary items? will they get a bigger punishment because they bought those duplicated items to complete it?

                      how will you know if a person duped an item? what if a person has already hoarded the items duped in the past and is still playing until this day and went online during the dupe event. how will you track the items?

                      why don't you open the beta servers to test out the new features of blocks so that if any bugs/exploits are found, they can immediately fix them?

                      how long is maintenance? at least an estimated time of the duration.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think making rollback will be better for devs because it takes long long time to check so many records with little amount of people to search out the dup items but first find out the root of the problem and then make a rollback. After that maybe having a double gems drop for 1 or 2 week.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Morgs View Post
                          Guys whats with all the reserved? You guys were quite happy to jump on other threads and have your say.

                          Mods firstly thank you for not rolling back, there are lots of people that have spent a lot of time on their accounts doing the right thing and that would have a negative impact on them.

                          Secondly can we ask how far back you guys are investigating? While this has blown up today, apparently the duplication has been going on for quite some time (some have said a week, others have said longer).

                          I'd also like to ask for something else that hasn't been taken into consideration in the past. Is it possible we could be given more time for Grow event given the down time of the game? Is this something that can also be considered in future when there are problems while events, carnival etc are on?

                          Like others have on other threads I'd also like to ask for IP bans for those that caused the problem and any other IP address they have used on alts so they cant simply log in on their phone instead of their home wifi. It's simply not fair to everyone else they cause these problems and we don't want them in the game. Im not talking about the newbie that YouTubed it and tried it with a wl or something, Im talking about the person/people that started all of this.

                          - - - Updated - - -




                          thats not mass amounts to profit off. You will be fine from what they have said above. They are talking about those that went and bought a heap of Davinci or something.
                          I really hope so, i have valentines week and the kentucky derby coming up and cant miss em.
                          “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
                          — The Doctor
                          “I was born to make mistakes, not to be perfect.”
                          ― Ross Lynch

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            When server is gonna be ready?

                            i want to harvest my trees and bfg them i cant do that tommorow because i have school
                            IGN:Feezle
                            Philippines


                            Life is like a game of chess
                            I don't know how to play chess

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Metrix View Post
                              I think theres a difference between buying a pair of da vinci wings to try them out, and buying 20 for 10 world locks and selling them for 10 dls.
                              Agreed and thats what they have said above.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X