Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop putting those symbols on the corners of certain blocks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the feedback.

We thought the ‘symbols’ were a nice detail to add to the set of blocks, like you find in the real world, but there’s a good argument of not having them for creativity and not using lots of glue.

I’m not sure if we will change the blocks that have been released, but any future blocks like this we will go with creating a separate ‘symbol’ block, that can be placed amongst the tileable set (and join seamlessly).
    Having a separate block also opens the scope of using a chisel type tool to punch the ‘symbol’ block to change its appearance - doing this when the symbol block is part of the tileable set is more tricky than it would seem!

Comment

Originally posted by JamSandwich View Post
      Thanks for the feedback.

We thought the ‘symbols’ were a nice detail to add to the set of blocks.
      Actually Heartcastle symbol was a great, but not this one
      Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Battle Royale(PVP) Suggestion!

Comment

Originally posted by GrowPixel View Post
        Actually Heartcastle symbol was a great, but not this one
        Heartcastle's was fine, but still annoying when you're using it for a general stone texture rather than a castle. (see Royalfestival, thelovelycastle, or forgottenlover for examples of them used for general stone buildings.)

Anyway, Jam, thanks for listening to my feedback! While I'd love to see the symbols turned to separate blocks for the ones already released, having symbols being separate for future blocks would be great, and will also help builders who want the symbols in certain areas rather than at the ends. I can go on about how I wish the current blocks can be changed, but hey, we can't have everything, and I'm sure changing them now would ruin some builds (but at the same time, those areas can be modified with new separate blocks if that change occurs).
        IGN: MadameZ

Comment

Originally posted by JamSandwich View Post
          Thanks for the feedback.

We thought the ‘symbols’ were a nice detail to add to the set of blocks, like you find in the real world, but there’s a good argument of not having them for creativity and not using lots of glue.

I’m not sure if we will change the blocks that have been released, but any future blocks like this we will go with creating a separate ‘symbol’ block, that can be placed amongst the tileable set (and join seamlessly).
          Having a separate block also opens the scope of using a chisel type tool to punch the ‘symbol’ block to change its appearance - doing this when the symbol block is part of the tileable set is more tricky than it would seem!

I believe an item should be used for these kinds of details on blocks. As you said, a chisel sort of tool can be added which can be used on blocks to alter their appearance. Since this has been done with the new hedges + shears, I think it would be a nice addition, if could be coded.

Also please make blocks join seamlessly to their additive blocks, like the new staircases and those royal carpets from winter clash. It's irritating to see the gaps between them.

But... PLEASE change old content. It's tiring seeing stuff be left in the past with potential... especially with all the increasing redundant content...
          (... well not exactly 'redundant' but content that does not compare well to other popular content, and it would be nice to add to its vanilla activity rather than adding on variations of the activity to just complicate it)
          37 World of the Days won.
          4 World Building Competitions placed in.

Comment

Working...
          X