Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop putting those symbols on the corners of certain blocks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop putting those symbols on the corners of certain blocks.

Alright, you might have noticed the Castle Stone, Heartcastle Stone, and Manor Sandstone Block's multi-tiling connections, right?

Castle Stones have those grey metal box things on every corner that I have no idea what it's supposed to be. Heartcastle Stones have the same thing except golden and shaped as a heart.

Well, now Manor Sandstone has... symbols of a matriarch on every single corner!
    Thought those symbols on the castles were annoying and ruining your castle builds during the valentines day contest? Well, here's this but even worse: Manor Sandstone Walls have those too!

Click image for larger version

Name:	manorcrest1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	6712142
    See this? I tried playing around with these blocks and I mixed them with Ancient Blocks. My expectations were: Manor Sandstone was going to be a nice little sandy brick that we do not have much of in game, and will not have the annoying symbols that costed a ton of stacks of block glue during the Valentines Day contest!
    Nope! As you see, when I tried mixing the blocks, being a person who tries using multiple blocks to try to make interesting textures rather than a single bland texture, the symbols completely ruined the build. Sand temples (as what I had in mind)... don't usually have pictures of matriarchs on every corner of each block!

I tried to use block glue to alleviate the issue. It did not completely work.

Name:	blockglue.PNG
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	6712143
    As you can see, there's still one symbol on it.

Name:	wpandbg.PNG
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	6712144
    Well, I haven't tried mixing wallpapers yet, but what really annoys me is that the wallpapers also have those stupid symbols. Like, why? The Heartcastles and Castles did not have those, and that was a good thing, as it meant a lot of saved block glue! Also, don't get me started on how the staircase needs block glue to connect.

Well, what is my exact argument?
    The symbols on these building stones are unnecessary and are ruining the blocks. They get in the way of what we are trying to make, and require block glue to fix. What you need to keep in mind is that people do not just use your blocks to build what they are specifically purposed to be. The beauty of building is that we can make anything we want with whatever blocks we want. If we want to make a cave with the Heartcastle Stones (as one of the top 5 winners cleverly did, kudos to them!), then we can do it! However, the symbols on every corner of the blocks ruin the general feel. Going there in game, we are looking at a cave with castle symbols at the every corner. When you're designing blocks, you need to look outside the uses of their names. If you want people building with them more, you need to make sure that they have more purpose than just what you envision them to have. The symbols get in the way of other usages, whether it is the specific purpose you give them (as the symbols don't look natural on manors) or any other purposes that builders use them for.
    Please, stop putting symbols on the edges of your blocks.

Edit: Here's a solution that can help both sides of the argument:
    Since Garden Shears have been added (to modify the hedges), perhaps a Stone Chisel item can be added. What this does is that it removes any symbols that are present on the edges of Castle Stones, Heartcastle Stones, and both the Manor Stones and Backgrounds. That way, people who like the symbols can keep them, and those who do not like them can remove them.
    IGN: MadameZ

Maybe we should be able to wrench the block and enable and disable the marks

Comment

Yes, please remove them.

Comment

Thanks you so much! I always hated these annoying symbols, I really, really dislike them. They cost a lot of block glue to fix and It's pretty costy. +1
        IGN: IxHeroxI
        Ooga Booga, Pensive time.

Comment

But.. but they looks beautiful <3
          IGN - Find it yourself
          An Introvert who lack of social skill
          Once again I am being attacked for presenting new ideas

Comment

ikr its annoying but u can totally make it work with glue

Comment

Originally posted by IceBearBear View Post
              But.. but they looks beautiful <3
              But default without looks better than the tradeback of always having to use glue on everything.
              They deserve to be a seperate block on their own.
              A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
              Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
              IGN: TK69
              Growtopia Treehouse Discord | My Insta

Comment

The blocks should be without the symbols as default and with the stone chisel you suggested you should be able to add symbols instead of the other way around. This suggestion could be taken even further, they could also add carvable symbols on all existing stone type blocks.

Instead of being an annoying symbol on every freaking corner it could be a decorative symbol exactly where you want it only if you want it.
                . because yes ,

Changed my name to Proni2

Comment

Originally posted by Joni2 View Post
                  The blocks should be without the symbols as default and with the stone chisel you suggested you should be able to add symbols instead of the other way around. This suggestion could be taken even further, they could also add carvable symbols on all existing stone type blocks.

Instead of being an annoying symbol on every freaking corner it could be a decorative symbol exactly where you want it only if you want it.
                  Honestly, that would be a better option. Thanks for bringing that up!

Comment

Originally posted by Coldplay_ID
                    Try use block glue..
                    Its work for some blocks..
                    If you read my post carefully, I stated that block glue works, but it does not always work. Besides, I do not think that a block should require a lot of block glue. Blocks should be usable and not specifically purposed by themselves.

Comment

wowow building nerdzzz

Comment

Originally posted by Coldplay_ID
                        Try use block glue..
                        Its work for some blocks..
                        use block glue duh...

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie View Post
                          use block glue duh...
                          Do I have to quote the post above?

Comment

Originally posted by Joni2 View Post

Originally posted by ZZZebra94 View Post
                            Honestly, that would be a better option. Thanks for bringing that up!
                            Even if that's added to the game, wouldn't it be too late? Some blocks (like the one you mentioned) already have the decorative symbols on them, and I doubt they would change the block's design just for the chisel update.

But hey, still a great suggestion! :P
                            meow

sigpic
                            i'm the forum's unlucky black cat

Comment

This is weird

Comment

Working...
                              X