Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop putting those symbols on the corners of certain blocks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Techy
    replied
    Originally posted by JamSandwich View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

We thought the ‘symbols’ were a nice detail to add to the set of blocks, like you find in the real world, but there’s a good argument of not having them for creativity and not using lots of glue.

I’m not sure if we will change the blocks that have been released, but any future blocks like this we will go with creating a separate ‘symbol’ block, that can be placed amongst the tileable set (and join seamlessly).
    Having a separate block also opens the scope of using a chisel type tool to punch the ‘symbol’ block to change its appearance - doing this when the symbol block is part of the tileable set is more tricky than it would seem!

I believe an item should be used for these kinds of details on blocks. As you said, a chisel sort of tool can be added which can be used on blocks to alter their appearance. Since this has been done with the new hedges + shears, I think it would be a nice addition, if could be coded.

Also please make blocks join seamlessly to their additive blocks, like the new staircases and those royal carpets from winter clash. It's irritating to see the gaps between them.

But... PLEASE change old content. It's tiring seeing stuff be left in the past with potential... especially with all the increasing redundant content...
    (... well not exactly 'redundant' but content that does not compare well to other popular content, and it would be nice to add to its vanilla activity rather than adding on variations of the activity to just complicate it)

Leave a comment:

• MadameZ
    replied
    Originally posted by GrowPixel View Post
    Actually Heartcastle symbol was a great, but not this one
    Heartcastle's was fine, but still annoying when you're using it for a general stone texture rather than a castle. (see Royalfestival, thelovelycastle, or forgottenlover for examples of them used for general stone buildings.)

Anyway, Jam, thanks for listening to my feedback! While I'd love to see the symbols turned to separate blocks for the ones already released, having symbols being separate for future blocks would be great, and will also help builders who want the symbols in certain areas rather than at the ends. I can go on about how I wish the current blocks can be changed, but hey, we can't have everything, and I'm sure changing them now would ruin some builds (but at the same time, those areas can be modified with new separate blocks if that change occurs).

Leave a comment:

• GrowPixel
    replied
    Originally posted by JamSandwich View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

We thought the ‘symbols’ were a nice detail to add to the set of blocks.
    Actually Heartcastle symbol was a great, but not this one

Leave a comment:

• JamSandwich
    replied
    Thanks for the feedback.

We thought the ‘symbols’ were a nice detail to add to the set of blocks, like you find in the real world, but there’s a good argument of not having them for creativity and not using lots of glue.

I’m not sure if we will change the blocks that have been released, but any future blocks like this we will go with creating a separate ‘symbol’ block, that can be placed amongst the tileable set (and join seamlessly).
    Having a separate block also opens the scope of using a chisel type tool to punch the ‘symbol’ block to change its appearance - doing this when the symbol block is part of the tileable set is more tricky than it would seem!

Leave a comment:

• MediaZeus
    replied
    This is weird

Leave a comment:

• Unluckiest
    replied
    Originally posted by Joni2 View Post
    The blocks should be without the symbols as default and with the stone chisel you suggested you should be able to add symbols instead of the other way around. This suggestion could be taken even further, they could also add carvable symbols on all existing stone type blocks.

Instead of being an annoying symbol on every freaking corner it could be a decorative symbol exactly where you want it only if you want it.
    Originally posted by ZZZebra94 View Post
    Honestly, that would be a better option. Thanks for bringing that up!
    Even if that's added to the game, wouldn't it be too late? Some blocks (like the one you mentioned) already have the decorative symbols on them, and I doubt they would change the block's design just for the chisel update.

But hey, still a great suggestion! :P

Leave a comment:

• MadameZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparkie View Post
    use block glue duh...
    Do I have to quote the post above?

Leave a comment:

• Sparkie
    replied
    Originally posted by Coldplay_ID
    Try use block glue..
    Its work for some blocks..
    use block glue duh...

Leave a comment:

• Flise
    replied
    wowow building nerdzzz

Leave a comment:

• MadameZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Coldplay_ID
    Try use block glue..
    Its work for some blocks..
    If you read my post carefully, I stated that block glue works, but it does not always work. Besides, I do not think that a block should require a lot of block glue. Blocks should be usable and not specifically purposed by themselves.

Leave a comment:

• MadameZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Joni2 View Post
    The blocks should be without the symbols as default and with the stone chisel you suggested you should be able to add symbols instead of the other way around. This suggestion could be taken even further, they could also add carvable symbols on all existing stone type blocks.

Instead of being an annoying symbol on every freaking corner it could be a decorative symbol exactly where you want it only if you want it.
    Honestly, that would be a better option. Thanks for bringing that up!

Leave a comment:

• Joni2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nenkaai
    replied
    Originally posted by IceBearBear View Post
    But.. but they looks beautiful <3
    But default without looks better than the tradeback of always having to use glue on everything.
    They deserve to be a seperate block on their own.

Leave a comment:

• dylol
    replied
    ikr its annoying but u can totally make it work with glue

Leave a comment:

• IceBearBear
    replied
    But.. but they looks beautiful <3

Leave a comment:

Working...
X