No announcement yet.

[DISCUSSION] Season Clash Update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully we can test the parkour world in Beta, I'm super curious...

As for the prizes, I think that the parkour paths should give people the exact same prize, not randomly generated upon completion. Example: Parkour Difficulty Hard gives Prize A, Medium gives Prize B, etc, instead of being randomly generated. Since the branch tiers were originally guaranteed, the new prizes should be too.

Yes, I'm a bit biased due to getting guild carriages over and over again from the emperor's reward, while other members got war hammers and auras... I'm fine with the clash rewards being RNG, but the token store should have guaranteed prizes, even if it is through a parkour challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by QueenChloe View Post
      How much you hang out with poor players in guild? I think you are rich guilds leader, but how much you know about noob guilds? Last season, i made my l branch tokens in 7 events, then i had some vacation and then i joined in noob guild to learn, what they actually do. L branch is just for few guilds, (10 not even full guilds) and there is over 2k guilds. So while we greedy rich people want waste dls and get untradeable items, those others get nothing out from this. I think this is good test. We can now test 1 year how this work and then come back again on the table and discourse whats next. We really don't need l branch and if we ever take it back, i think 1 per year is just enough. We, who started gt just under year before guild update, didn't have time to earn first tons of dls and then start guild. So example me, i have no chances to earn wls while there is guild season on and no, skipping opportunity to get l branch item, is not option, cause i don't want get regrets either. So while guild events are easier for noobs, i get chance to earn wls too. I can maybe even take part in summer fest. Last year, i wasted all gems in events so no summer fest for me and it was my first summer fest in this game.

So yeah, i think we need give chance for this, like we gave for latest season system. After it, we can again think what went wrong, if it fails like this did.
      I was the Leader of Friends and later Co-Leader of RSP where I made a lot of decisions; I'm currently a Co-Leader of ANCIENTS. So I've been in a few guilds, my alternate accounts have also surveyed a few guilds, since I still technically own Friends, I can an eye on how the people I left in charge are running it.

A lot of guilds, "poorer" guilds as you put it, participate half-heartedly because they don't have the funds to join. The balancing changes make it sound like Guild Events will get a lot cheaper, at the expense of a bigger grind. Giving anybody the chance to be a star player in a popular guild.

However, the removal of a Legendary Prize means there's nothing people miss out on for not joining, expect Clash Events to become miscellaneous as no Untradeable Legendary Prize is on offer. Everything can be traded and that won't create incentive to play.
      GrowID: Oldsock/JudahBowe
      Instagram: @sockia
      Discord: Oldsock#0653

Comment

The only thing I'm really iffy about this is the removal of the Legendary Branch. Speaking from someone who got burnt out of the clashes VERY quickly, I can tell the L branch was something many players looked forward to near the end of the season, and taking that away from them could be quite disappointing for them.

I understand you want to remove a large grind factor, but perhaps simply change the way the L branch works alongside all of the other changes you're doing? (Fantastic changes btw, no complaints there aside from the L branch) I've seen some really good suggestions here, specifically Jack's. Please consider the suggestions for future revisions!
        Starkos? More like Starcos.

Social Media
        Twitter Account
        Instagram
        Discord Tag: Evets#4623
        In-Game Name: Evets

9/20/14, the disconnect we'll never forget.
        12/11/17, the compromised accounts.

Growtopian since October 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie View Post
          Hopefully we can test the parkour world in Beta, I'm super curious...

As for the prizes, I think that the parkour paths should give people the exact same prize, not randomly generated upon completion. Example: Parkour Difficulty Hard gives Prize A, Medium gives Prize B, etc, instead of being randomly generated. Since the branch tiers were originally guaranteed, the new prizes should be too.

Yes, I'm a bit biased due to getting guild carriages over and over again from the emperor's reward, while other members got war hammers and auras... I'm fine with the clash rewards being RNG, but the token store should have guaranteed prizes, even if it is through a parkour challenge.
          Nevermind, I take this back. If the prizes from the parkour are guaranteed, then people will just flock to buy the parkour key. If the prizes are RNG, there will be some risk factor, but I foresee many guild players either selling their key due to the risk of getting a lower tier prize, instead of using the key as intended. The clash will become very 2-sided, with parkourists and "clashers", instead of the intended goal of a parkour challenge and clash event.

Comment

Originally posted by Starkos View Post
            Finale Keys are, as of this writing, tradeable. If you're not good at parkour, I'm certain you could find someone who is, and trade the key to them so they can attempt it. Considering that there will be a wide range of prizes in the parkour (some definitely better than others), this could be a very profitable/stable approach to Clashes, as you wouldn't have to risk getting a low-value prize.
            I don't usually get this annoyingly annoyed, but why why why. At least the old guild events had some sort of required knowledge and minimal amount of "skill" to use the tools and granted the intent is "if" you don't know how to parkour but now you're giving the opportunity to anyone familiar or unfamiliar to regular guild events ruining the entire purpose of even participating in those events.

It's just yet again buying your way through items and skipping the whole required activity to doing those events monthly to get the prizes, which is incredibly redundant to even participate in the first place since everyone would just want the end prizes anyway (like the old legendary branch)

It's a great opportunity to get people to training their skills at doing parkour AND they have a whole month to do so. Nobody is at a disadvantage here, parkour isn't any different to doing surgery or startopia. Even better, it virtually doesn't cost anything, other than - of course - a pair of wings, speedy shoes and optionally, a parasol. But we can assume that if you've already reached this far getting keys that most definitely isn't going to be an issue.

That aside, untradeable items is what keeps activities active, which is why guild events perhaps being costy and sometimes annoying to participate, was still a success and overall popular. Without them, you can definitely expect a massive drop in players.
            A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
            Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
            IGN: TK69
            Growtopia Treehouse Discord | My Insta

Comment

Originally posted by Nenkaai View Post
              It's a great opportunity to get people to training their skills at doing parkour AND they have a whole month to do so. Nobody is at a disadvantage here, parkour isn't any different to doing surgery or startopia. Even better, it virtually doesn't cost anything, other than - of course - a pair of wings, speedy shoes and optionally, a parasol. But we can assume that if you've already reached this far getting keys that most definitely isn't going to be an issue.
              Agreed. Having the finale key tradable makes people trade off their keys OR for people to not participate in the clash events and just buy these keys. I think it would be better for the finale key to be untradable.

Perhaps, add some sort of "The Great Guild Master" (like the Nutcracker) to trade the keys for a (lower-tier) prize. Multiple keys would increase the chance of getting a better prize, but not the top-tier as that would be for players that are able to do the clash and parkour (all-rounded!)

Also to ensure that one can obtain these rare items.
              Heyo!! I'm a full-time undercover agent to secretly roam thru the forums.

For contact/business purposes, slide a private message to me on forums!

Comment

COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

Originally posted by Pinuski View Post
                I agree, clashes have been tons of work for leaders and also boring, since same events repeated without any skills needed. Only disposable dls mattered.

But, I have mainly been in guilds because of team spirit (ofc there have been freeloaders, but CD has had good members lately) and also to get legendary branch item. But now. I'm terrible at parkours and also my android tablet is lagging a bit in parkours (even when it's quite new and best model), so I struggle in Blarneys 1 and 2. So if the best prizes are achieved with parkour skills, you can count me out. I am truly sad about this, cuz clashes have been some kind of motivation and a breath of fresh air compared with the everyday grind.

/Pin
                I know right, what if we disconnected. That's my biggest nightmare since GT sever kinda lagged once in a while

And how about mom scolding you to put off that phone and you can't continue.
                Rip rip rip

Comment

As I said in other post, if keys will be tradable, guild clashes will became a nightmare because more than 50% of players will sell their keys to pro players. But here may be a solution: Make keys tradable just for guild members, you’ll be able to trade key just to players from your guild. And to prevent “genius”, you can join a guild just on in month, when event is here. If you will can join anytime, someone may invite tons of players in their guild just to get keys. Of course, he will kick after.
                  sigpic

Comment

this is my option
                    - delicate can be broken for block bashers
                    - after using 1 punch delicate will be break after 2hours used
                    - delicate have a limit and 4 hours cooldown
                    Daily Challenge Possibilities : ​
                    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...vember-10-2020

Comment

From my point of view, its just gonna be a huge mess at all aspect.

First, removed exq tools will make exq potion useless. So there're no point to get the supply anymore. Rip chef and supplier.

2nd, Instead make player play efficiently, they make us play for hours just to get those finale key prize in parkour world. Really?

3rd, economy. Reliable sure will be the best choice for clasher who have a lot of time to play. And pristine? Well 2nd choice. So, the total amount of pristine traded from player to player will be decreased a lot, which pristine trading is good choice for the new player who hunt gems in bfgs worlds. Pristine is a great chance converting their gems in to world lock. Ok its not much, but you can ****ize its massive effect
                      Hey!

Comment

Actually it would be better if the keys were untradable. I may not be in a guild but I am interested to join after the changes. But some of the people here feels that the key should be untradable, so that there won't be a surge of people trying to buy the keys just to get the end price.

Since there is only 1 event per month I think, does it mean that the amount of points to reach per goal is going to change or?

I think 1 month may be a bit too long. May have a event every 2-3 weeks. If guild members miss an event in a month, it would be harder to get the keys unless of course the amount of points per goal (or tokens?) for the keys are somewhat easy to reach.

Since we are using keys, it will be a little bit RNG to gt the good prices right? Like u need to do the hardest parkour to even get a chance of getting something rare. But I think if our luck is very bad then there would be no chance of getting it. So I recommend a shop for special guild tokens. This special guild tokens can be obtained by doing the parkour and getting the prices. (1 key allows u to get 3 prices and if they are common, u get 3 of these tokens) These tokens can be use to buy guild items that is as rare as legendary prices from the tab, probably 60 tokens will need to be used to get the item equivalent to the legendary tier. The tokens are untradable too. This would be a great addition to the keys if RNG is involved

I don't know if it's RNG for getting the prizes from doing parkour.

I'm interested to join a guild so my account name is jothealpha
                        Give me a message if u want me to join (Sorry for advertising)
                        I'm not really active to search for good guilds. I will only consider joining first.
                        Yeeeeeet )))))))))))
                        I break chands every day how about u?

Comment

Tell me if I'm wrong

Originally posted by Starkos View Post
                          Nearly all of them should be coming back, yes. Just with varying chances of dropping.
                          I have had the impression from past clashes, that devs told that the rarest branch items aren't coming back. At least that's how I remember it. But tell me if I'm wrong. That was one of the reasons for me to keep the items.
                          ACHIEVEMENTS:
                          Lvl 125, Dr. of Legend
                          Roles: Farm 10/10, Build 10/10, Fish 10/10, Surg 10/10 Star 10/10 Cook 8/10

Worlds: PINUSKI, SHP, etc.
                          Ig: pinuskigt

Comment

Originally posted by Nenkaai View Post
                            I have to disagree with you about this parkour thing. I have played different kinds of games all my life, but gt parkours are something that I just can't do. I need to spend hours and hours to just get through BLARNEY 2. Next ones I think I have never gone through. And yes, I hve practised, tried and tried. My daughter has helped me with those, me sitting next to her, using her device tho. She says that with my device they are impossible. And I am not gonna buy Apple iPad instead of my Android because of gt. And sitting next to laptop isn't enjoyable playing for me. So it's about skills, but also device. For example in surgeries, you can only use your brains, but in parkours also finger coordination /sleight of hand (idk if those are right words in english) is needed.

But lets try this and see if people like this reform.
                            ACHIEVEMENTS:
                            Lvl 125, Dr. of Legend
                            Roles: Farm 10/10, Build 10/10, Fish 10/10, Surg 10/10 Star 10/10 Cook 8/10

Worlds: PINUSKI, SHP, etc.
                            Ig: pinuskigt

Comment

Originally posted by Pinuski View Post
                              I have to disagree with you about this parkour thing. I have played different kinds of games all my life, but gt parkours are something that I just can't do. I need to spend hours and hours to just get through BLARNEY 2. Next ones I think I have never gone through. And yes, I hve practised, tried and tried. My daughter has helped me with those, me sitting next to her, using her device tho. She says that with my device they are impossible. And I am not gonna buy Apple iPad instead of my Android because of gt. And sitting next to laptop isn't enjoyable playing for me. So it's about skills, but also device. For example in surgeries, you can only use your brains, but in parkours also finger coordination /sleight of hand (idk if those are right words in english) is needed.

But lets try this and see if people like this reform.
                              It doesn't change the fact everyone is at the same ground when it comes to parkouring and each person has their own rate of learning how to them. As they wrote, there would be different difficulties, easy would be reasonably very simple.
                              Granted device may matter, it mainly does on fairly hard parkours - from experience.
                              Blarney is popular and is various in terms of difficulties, which is enough evidence that parkour based events can work.
                              A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
                              Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
                              IGN: TK69
                              Growtopia Treehouse Discord | My Insta

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Jothealpha View Post
                                Actually it would be better if the keys were untradable. I may not be in a guild but I am interested to join after the changes. But some of the people here feels that the key should be untradable, so that there won't be a surge of people trying to buy the keys just to get the end price.

Since there is only 1 event per month I think, does it mean that the amount of points to reach per goal is going to change or?

I think 1 month may be a bit too long. May have a event every 2-3 weeks. If guild members miss an event in a month, it would be harder to get the keys unless of course the amount of points per goal (or tokens?) for the keys are somewhat easy to reach.
                                One event per month sounds good. You will have 3 days maybe to do your points with key and almost a month to train and get ready for next event.
                                By the way I’m looking to join in a mighty guild. I am able to participate at all events. I won’t spend tons of World Locks for events. Anyway with new improvements of guild clashes it may be almost free. About how skilled I am... WOLFWORLD5 is my maximum, BLARNEY5 too,LEGENDARYMOUNTAIN(I do it in 10 minutes). Anyway if situation will require, I will train myself and I will push my limits. If you’re a guild leader and you’re interested about my services, feel free to pm me.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X