• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afanasy
    replied
    Its ugly.

Originally posted by Kairos View Post
    Hello Growtopians!

Starkos posted a sneak peek for the chat system update! Go check it here and tell us what you think about it!

Im sorry but this is awful organization , ugly colours . Why they changed „Private Massege from” on [P] from or „Super broadcast” on [SB]? How new player should know what P is? Btw /sb will now be useless because everybody will just switch it off so you cant make your world populr anymore , nice move ubisoft . So disrespectful to change old things ,i mean more messege space and edit possibility is cool , but its not necessery to change good design on bad, i would understand if there would be voting that would ask do we need this ugly chat or no, but nah , because of few nerds that „decided so” we will have to play without sb’s and colours. Max players online (72,000) was at 2016 (even before ubisoft) , now it is usually like 19,000 , sp great move , killing game even more!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DeLixx View Post
    Yet again fyi: This is a quickly done mockup, the final result will differ a lot.
    Removing chat colors will also be really good, because
    A: Reduced Spam due to (hopefully) more reliable spam detection
    B: Less imitation ("PM FROM", "Systen Mesage")
    C: Equal Chances (Writing in colors doesn't work with qwertz-keyboards)
    D: better overview due to coherency with the new system
    F: Less attention for spam bots

Yes, this will take part of what makes growtopia unique out of the game and it will certainly leave a bland taste, but the fact, that the people that used in-chat colors the most were also the ones abusing them the most should at least get you to reconsider.
    The changes will only affect the chat, so colored text should still be a thing in signs and billboards, where you can actually use it for good.

- - - Updated - - -

The current system will favor those with longer device widths, which is quite unfair and random (fake responsive design), so what will likely actually change is, that there will be a uniform text limit, which also supports new lines.
    So no, there won't be more spam
    Idiots will get scammed anyway , doesnt matter are there colours or no. To prevent scams , trading and dropping should be removed too because “omg its used to scam”

Leave a comment:

• MediaZeus
    replied
    Originally posted by WeekNde View Post
    I wonder if this will make people want more growmojis...
    More! More, MORE!

Leave a comment:

• WeekNde
    replied
    I wonder if this will make people want more growmojis...

Leave a comment:

• Meraak
    replied
    Originally posted by DeLixx View Post
    Yet again fyi: This is a quickly done mockup, the final result will differ a lot.

Yes, this will take part of what makes growtopia unique out of the game and it will certainly leave a bland taste, but the fact, that the people that used in-chat colors the most were also the ones abusing them the most should at least get you to reconsider.
    The changes will only affect the chat, so colored text should still be a thing in signs and billboards, where you can actually use it for good.

- - - Updated - - -

The current system will favor those with longer device widths, which is quite unfair and random (fake responsive design), so what will likely actually change is, that there will be a uniform text limit, which also supports new lines.
    I have not heard a more delusional statement. thats like saying they should remove dropping and trading because they can be used for scams

Leave a comment:

• Daennon
    replied
    Can you change the colour of the chat a little bright dark is very hard for meh to see and it feels weird

Leave a comment:

• DeLixx
    replied
    Originally posted by TobyLerasco View Post
    No, It's not cool. They are going to remove colors and they are colorize based on the source which looks so bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by 420 Official View Post
    4. Longer messages
    me: time for spam

Leave a comment:

• 420 Official
    replied
    You will be able to write longer messages

4. Longer messages
    me: time for spam

Leave a comment:

• UbiMumu
    replied
    How would the chat should work? Will the super broadcaster TING be hear even if not on the all?

Leave a comment:

• Immaculate
    replied
    The overall premise of this update is pretty cool! My only concern, as others have vocalized, is the colour scheme. I think simply sticking to the current colours we have when chatting (e.g. orange for private-messaging, purple for broadcasts, white/beige for chatting) would be better. I personally really don't like the colour scheme showcased in that screenshot.

Leave a comment:

• alextclam
    replied
    I didn't have time to read through all the posts so I apologize if someone already made this suggestion.

So, I was at BUYSURGS trying to find a SURG-E seller and it's just crazy in there. Perhaps in the 'World' chat channel or any chat channel, we could use keyword filtering. For example, I would first select the world chat channel which will only show chats in the world I'm in and then use the keyword filter 'sponge' (if I needed sponges). Since people usually stand there and advertise their worlds -- Sell sponge 11/WL at CHEAPSPONGE it will filter out all the other chats and only display the ones with keyword 'sponge'.

Leave a comment:

• WoodCollector
    replied
    Originally posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    It's actually good that Ubisoft is giving us an idea on their developments. They could get advice from the community on what to improve on - since the game itself depends on us.
    Could have waited to tease it until they have actually made it or atleast spent some more time on the mockup.

People are saying it looks bad and what I’m trying to say is that the design isn’t the main focus here, it’s the features with different chats and buttons. Stop looking at the design because it was just thrown together really quick and it’s not how it’s going to look like when it’s finished.

Leave a comment:

• PerTehDoh
    replied
    would prefer world chat to be blue and PMs to be orange tbh...

Leave a comment:

• Pokekid123
    replied
    Originally posted by WoodCollector View Post
    It was a bad idea releasing this early mockup, 99% of the community seems to not understand that this isn’t the final design and are freaking out.
    It's actually good that Ubisoft is giving us an idea on their developments. They could get advice from the community on what to improve on - since the game itself depends on us.

Leave a comment:

• TobyLerasco
    replied
    Originally posted by 36Z View Post
    The only thing that I don't like is the text colors. Other than that, it's so cool!
    No, It's not cool. They are going to remove colors and they are colorize based on the source which looks so bad.

Leave a comment:

• 36Z
    replied
    The only thing that I don't like is the text colors. Other than that, it's so cool!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X