The new chat bar rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new chat bar rant

Okay. I admit that new updates are none of my business since I don't play but isn't it a bit disrespectful to change the CHATBAR?
    Like, you've already revamped some good old things.Why would you change the chatbar too? BTW if you disagree you can tell me why KINDLY.
    Have a nice day.

For a better experience?
    Suggestions:

Maximum Purchase personal setting

Suggestion box with many items

Comment

Originally posted by Corrects View Post
      For a better experience?
      but its basically the same thing but just more ugly and they take away speaking in colors from us
      its only a step backwards
      hi all
      Youtube lol (please click)

Increasing this number by 1 every day until the music block lagspike glitch is fixed: 170

Comment

Originally posted by Meraak View Post
        but its basically the same thing but just more ugly and they take away speaking in colors from us
        My thoughts exactly. If at least they chose better colours perhaps it wouldn't be so ugly.
        My heart belongs to Mistie 💘
        I love her so so much eee
        how do I add back my sigpic
        IGN: Dynnie
        Discord: Dynnie#3475

Avatar by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! ❤️

Comment

Originally posted by Meraak View Post
          They say its to reduce fake msgs. THEN JUST REMOVE RED AND ORANGE LOL
          -----
          ..Console..
          Level : highest of all !
          switch/xbox
          (Comunity isnt toxic)
          -----
          Follow my insta @li0ne_gt
          If you think being a mod is nice, then acting like a kid is the description.

#BOYCOTGROWTOPIA

Comment

Originally posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
            My thoughts exactly. If at least they chose better colours perhaps it wouldn't be so ugly.
            Its 100% not the final state. Lets not judge too much until we see it implemented.
            IGN: Imunity

Comment

Don't worry, it's not the final state, as Starkos said before!
              Hi.

Discord: TurtlePirate#7906
              Instagram: @pirategrowtopia

Comment

Originally posted by Imunity View Post
                Its 100% not the final state. Lets not judge too much until we see it implemented.
                Originally posted by TurtlePirate View Post
                You know well when they say it's "not the final state" it just means they're gonna make a minor, practically unnoticeable change and leave it at that.
                My heart belongs to Mistie 💘
                I love her so so much eee
                how do I add back my sigpic
                IGN: Dynnie
                Discord: Dynnie#3475

Avatar by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! ❤️

Comment

Starkos said that is a really really really early design and that it will definitely change. No point in ranting at it now.

Besides, I like the update. Sure, colours are gone, but they did say that it's to reduce scams and stuff. Everything else seems perfectly fine. Don't wanna see those damned "BUY PEPPER" sbs but still wanna see if you're getting any messages? Switch to the Messages tab! How about you lately were looking to buy something but the chat's getting spammed by the current giveaway world? Switch to the Broadcast tab! Wanna see the latest nuked worlds and scammers banned into oblivion? Switch to the Admin tab! Wanna see all the chaos at once? Switch to the All tab. See? Amazing organization.

This is clearly an unpopular opinion but I'll say it anyway: The fact that colours are gone doesn't really matter.

Besides! We might even get to see Chat Groups with this update! How amazing is that?!
                  Been playing for 3 years. Still broke.
                  But I'm getting there.
                  GrowID: TheEBBGaming

Comment

Originally posted by TheEBBGaming View Post
                    Starkos said that is a really really really early design and that it will definitely change. No point in ranting at it now.

Besides, I like the update. Sure, colours are gone, but they did say that it's to reduce scams and stuff. Everything else seems perfectly fine. Don't wanna see those damned "BUY PEPPER" sbs but still wanna see if you're getting any messages? Switch to the Messages tab! How about you lately were looking to buy something but the chat's getting spammed by the current giveaway world? Switch to the Broadcast tab! Wanna see the latest nuked worlds and scammers banned into oblivion? Switch to the Admin tab! Wanna see all the chaos at once? Switch to the All tab. See? Amazing organization.

This is clearly an unpopular opinion but I'll say it anyway: The fact that colours are gone doesn't really matter.

Besides! We might even get to see Chat Groups with this update! How amazing is that?!
                    Well said. Those tabs sound really promising.
                    IGN: Imunity

Comment

Originally posted by TurtlePirate View Post
                      I don't really worry for myself since the game doesn't matter to me.
                      I worry for OGs out here who loves the old stuff.
                      Would you like to have your turtle hat replaced with something very ugly and looks so new? (lost its OG theme, couldn't explain for some reason)
                      I guess you say no.
                      You should empathize.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm happy that you liked the update even if I disagreed. I unironically hope it makes the game something bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormly View Post
                        Okay. I admit that new updates are none of my business since I don't play but isn't it a bit disrespectful to change the CHATBAR?
                        Like, you've already revamped some good old things.Why would you change the chatbar too? BTW if you disagree you can tell me why KINDLY.
                        Have a nice day.
                        Disrespectful? They're improving the chat bar for everyone's user experience, the chat bar has always been messy, things change for the better, they're not going to keep the same old stuff just for nostalgia. Having to backspace has also been annoying and they're finally fixing that. The old chat bar is in no way perfect or good. You may not like the design, but it's not how it will look when released, they will still make changes and settle on a design everyone will like. The removal of the colour isn't that bad as the only time people really use them is for signs or boards and I would actually have kept them just for that. The new design would also make the phishing broadcast less convincing, hmmm, colours. I'm also looking forward to them removing the ability to sb with freenom site addresses like .ml and .cf . Come on you already blocked it in normal chat, block it in broadcasts too.
                        Professional thread killer

Comment

hopefully we'll be able to chat in color still.
                          | IGN: Graxum | Level: 80 |

Originally posted by Seth
                          Update: I listened to TIMEONI (nice song..)
                          Originally posted by DynPlaysGT
                          "Hey we just let all your private data get leaked, sorry about that. Now buy our IAP!"
                          Originally posted by AsteroidSpam
                          and yet again growtopians surpass the known limit to collective autism

Comment

Originally posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
                            You know well when they say it's "not the final state" it just means they're gonna make a minor, practically unnoticeable change and leave it at that.
                            So you're saying that an edit in powerpoint will probably end up looking the same when implemented into the game
                            Suggestions:

Maximum Purchase personal setting

Suggestion box with many items

Comment

Disagree

If you’re getting so disturbed with sb spam go ahead and use very usefull 2013 comand called /radio (in case you didnt heard about it). This is **** organization , ugly colours . Why they changed „Private Massege from” on [P] from or „Super broadcast” on [SB]? How new player should know what P is? Btw /sb will now be useless because everybody will just switch it off so you cant make your world populr anymore , nice move ubisoft . So disrespectful to change old things ,i mean more messege space and edit possibility is cool , but its not necessery to change good design on bad, i would understand if there would be voting that would ask do we need this ugly chat or no, but nah , because of few nerds that „decided so” we will have to play without sb’s and colours. Max players online (72,000) was at 2016 (even before ubisoft) , now it is usually like 19,000 , sp great move , killing game even more!

Comment

Working...
                              X