Is Fishing really necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Fishing really necessary?

We're gonna have a guild event once a month for 4 months. Devs mentioned on how they want it to be more skill based and even built a cool parkour for it to be skill based for the prize itself

but is fishing really necessary? considering the fact that we can't use exquisites anymore and an Elegant anamarod requires 25 naval mines (which are pretty pricey). it's gonna take us forever to hit the max reward with only pristines

and considering we only have 4 events,then why isn't the last three Surgery,startopia and cooking? those are real skill based events that don't consume too much time and is rather fun then loosing our sanity to fishing
    IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Everything is possible with Growtopia's unstable economy
    "I can see a rainbow. In your tears as they fall on down. I can see your soul grow. Through the pain as they hit the ground". ~ Sia.

Changed name to FabPiano
    I'm a boy, please don't say that I am a girl..
    Want some fabulous songs? TUNESONGS
    Instagram: FabPianoGT

Read my first story! The beginning of FabPiano
    Join my Discord: *Maintenace*
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ng-of-FabPiano

Originally posted by M1tch
    BlackIce was nuked from orbit! :wave: :hat:

Comment

Originally posted by BlackIce View Post
      Everything is possible with Growtopia's unstable economy
      oh let alone that naval mines aren't too easy to find,therefore it's gonna rise to like idk? 3> each

Comment

Originally posted by Liquify View Post
        oh let alone that naval mines aren't too easy to find,therefore it's gonna rise to like idk? 3> each
        I was being sarcastic but 0k
        "I can see a rainbow. In your tears as they fall on down. I can see your soul grow. Through the pain as they hit the ground". ~ Sia.

Changed name to FabPiano
        I'm a boy, please don't say that I am a girl..
        Want some fabulous songs? TUNESONGS
        Instagram: FabPianoGT

Read my first story! The beginning of FabPiano
        Join my Discord: *Maintenace*
        https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ng-of-FabPiano

Originally posted by M1tch
        BlackIce was nuked from orbit! :wave: :hat:

Comment

Originally posted by BlackIce View Post
          I was being sarcastic but 0k
          I know but I just wanna mention it too

Comment

We're gonna have a guild event once a month for 4 months. Devs mentioned on how they want it to be more skill based and even built a cool parkour for it to be skill based for the prize itself

but is fishing really necessary? considering the fact that we can't use exquisites anymore and an Elegant anamarod requires 25 naval mines (which are pretty pricey). it's gonna take us forever to hit the max reward with only pristines

and considering we only have 4 events,then why isn't the last three Surgery,startopia and cooking? those are real skill based events that don't consume too much time and is rather fun then loosing our sanity to fishing
            We will only see these events only once until all the events have pass by. Surgery, startopia, and cooking will be upcoming events in Summer season, Winter season, or even Spring Season.

Originally posted by Starkos View Post
            Can't provide an exact date, but I can tell you that the next event is... FISHING!

Oh, and the points have been adjusted (slightly), along with the break chances (muchly).
            Starkos mentioned that they will adjust the points slightly, but I agree with you, fishing will take a long time with just using pristine.
            Last edited by iPlayfuls; 07-24-2019, 08:23 AM. Reason: added @Starkos quote
            IGN: iPlayfuls
            Level: 125/125
            Playing Since: March 2015

Worlds:
            Main World: IPLAYFULS
            Bait Shop: IPLAYBAITS and IPLAYTACKLES
            BFG Service/Shop: IPLAYFULSLINK

Comment

Originally posted by iPlayfuls View Post
              We will only see these events only once until all the events have pass by. Surgery, startopia, and cooking will be upcoming events in Summer season, Winter season, or even Spring Season.

Starkos mentioned that they will adjust the points slightly, but I agree with you, fishing will take a long time with just using pristine.
              slightly means we would still need to spend alot of time

edit : might also be better if they decrease the chance of getting trash instead of actual fish

Comment

I'll disagree.

Fishing requires patience and that's a skill by itself.

Fishing allows players with a smaller budget to fairly participate in a skill based competition without having to spend each and every one of their wls.

But by only doing events such as startopia or surgery newer players won't be given the chance to have fun in this huge event meant for all of Growtopians.
                IGN:EerieGt

Contact me via Dm on Instagram: EerieGt

Comment

If the numbers don't change for the next event (as witnessed in this block basher event), each fish from pristine yields 55k points, and to get #20 we have to get 16.4m points. Therefore in order to attain the last personal reward, we have to fish 300 fishes, and that's not even considering the inanely abysmal fish per bait rates.

For comparison, in order to max out the fishing event in previous clashes, we have to fish 162 fishes with the exquisite rod, and that itself takes a long enough time to discourage people from doing the fishing event for the last personal reward.

But hey, we have elegant rods that boost our points by 3.33 times of a pristine rod! But guess what, you need 25 naval mines for one elegant rod. That's like what, 1 dl? For a rod that might break on its first fish? Some numbers here have to be balanced if you are to introduce such a tedious event into clashes.
                  IGN: bllade (used to be BladeGamer)

All epic quests completed, waiting for sponsor.
                  Achievements completed: 150/167

Comment

#give a limit points for reliable
                    Ign : Dr. VerdantGate

Comment

Great opportunity to skip 1 event (;
                      IGN: Imunity

Comment

Originally posted by EerieGt View Post
                        I'll disagree.

Fishing requires patience and that's a skill by itself.

Fishing allows players with a smaller budget to fairly participate in a skill based competition without having to spend each and every one of their wls.

But by only doing events such as startopia or surgery newer players won't be given the chance to have fun in this huge event meant for all of Growtopians.
                        the issue isn't about people being patient or not,it's completely time consuming and not everyone is so free.

if you wanna participate in events where you get prize,you gotta have some wls to spare

Surgery and startopia events are the best way to let new players experience and learn other better things to do in game

Comment

Well Carrot blocks were 4-8 wls each on last event and I bet that there are players who desperately need golden medal from this event also. So elegant rods aren't for ordinary players.
                          ACHIEVEMENTS:
                          Lvl 125, Dr. of Legend
                          Roles: Farm 10/10, Build 10/10, Fish 10/10, Surg 10/10 Star 10/10 Cook 8/10

Worlds: PINUSKI, SHP, etc.
                          Ig: pinuskigt

Comment

Ahem maybe instead of complaining start stacking up on Baits?
                            Not sure why I'm back but I'm back
                            IGN: Deno855
                            TRUE OG
                            Level: 71
                            Gems: 352k / 1mil
                            WLS: Who even cares its the effort
                            Instagram: @deno855_gt

Comment

Originally posted by Deno855 View Post
                              Ahem maybe instead of complaining start stacking up on Baits?
                              Its not the baits, or the cost, that is the problem. Its the time taken to complete tier 20, and most guilds will set a goal to achieve even further beyond just #20.
                              IGN: IamIM
                              level: 116/125
                              Making and playing difficult parkours is what i do, also trying daily challenges - war of wolves and carnie.
                              Discord - I_am_Im#2066

Comment

Working...
                              X