I'm disappointed but I understand why these items were removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm disappointed but I understand why these items were removed

I wasn't ever the type of person to participate in events, I'd usually just talk to some friends or farm... a few months back when the "Gross-out" update was introduced I was surprised they introduced a new monthly event that involved cooking, I and a couple of friends were so excited and decided to participate in this event. Fast forward a couple of weeks and the update was named to "Mutant-Kitchen", again, no problem there until we found out that some of the coolest items we've seen in months and had lots of potential for Halloween are now unobtainable, Here are some of the following items that were removed:

Items that were removed:
    • Click image for larger version

Name:	roach.png
Views:	1
Size:	813 Bytes
ID:	6715334

Name:	giant.png
Size:	894 Bytes
ID:	6715335

Name:	beast.png
Size:	994 Bytes
ID:	6715337

These items are really unique and have the greatest designs I've seen so far- Kudos to the person who made them, you deserve some recognition- I know that this is a kids game and some things aren't really appropriate for them but was this the best action & the only option to take? I can name a few items that are considered too "Gross/Disturbing" but those items have been around for a while and for crying out loud, There's a bloody doctor set and bloody plague set, but those get to stay? I just find it a little unfair.
    I'm not trying to rant or anything, I simply want some justification for these actions and why some other disturbing items get to stay and others don't.

Items that are currently still in-game:

Name:	killer.png
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	6715338

Name:	demon.png
Size:	820 Bytes
ID:	6715339

Name:	knife.png
Size:	823 Bytes
ID:	6715340
    Attached Files
    I live inside my own world of make-believe.

Some people have issues with eyeballs and made them gross out
    Youtube:Lightvolts
    IGN:Lightvolts
    level:84

mods fix giphy pls ^ i sad

and when upload it, no work

[i miss old image gif
    bring back] I need them

Comment

Originally posted by lightvolts View Post
      Some people have issues with eyeballs and made them gross out
      GROSS OUT IS THE NAME OF THE UPDATE!!

Comment

So many bad decisions from them lately... they need to get their together...
        Thinking about you.

Comment

Pretty sure people really hated the beast with a thousand eyes mask at in causes trypophobia.

The roach is also relitavely disliked.

Eye head on the other hand, is really damn popular.

I love these items alot, hell they are some of my favourites. But they were removed due to player feedback. They may come back in the future, and we will just have to wait. I'm pretty sure half the players don't even know the beast with a thousand eyes mask exists.
          hello

Grossout event items are underrated, eyes on stalks are a masterpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNightmxre View Post
            Pretty sure people really hated the beast with a thousand eyes mask at in causes trypophobia.

Eye head is on the other hand, is really damn popular.

I love these items alot, hell they are some of my favourites. But they were removed due to player feedback. They may come back in the future, and we will just have to wait. I'm pretty sure half the players don't even know the beast with a thousand eyes mask exists.
            so Eye Head is removed? How about the people owning it? Because it sure isn't cheap...

Update:
            Originally posted by DemondoomGT View Post
            Giant eye head was replaced by slithering serpent hair, beast with a thousand eyes mask was replaced by cute bulb mask.
            let's replace wls with vodka.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNightmxre View Post

Eye head on the other hand, is really damn popular.

I recently found out about the "beast with a thousand eyes" mask when I heard they removed some items. Quite frustrated that I might never get my hands on it tho.
              I live inside my own world of make-believe.

Comment

Okay lemme get this straight

The Beast Of The Thousand Eyes - Well, I have trypophobia as well, so its understandable that this thing removed

Riding 'Roach - I don't understand why it removed. I like that, giant, crawling roach, besides, its cute , and replaced by the Firefly, that's okayyy

Giant Eye Mask - I saw plenty of peeps have this, so I think its fine to me. I dont have any specific reason
                IGN : BoxeyNoxey

About Me :
                - Tall Boi
                - Professional Candy Crusher
                - Completely Straight
                - Funky Hair
                - Never Got Featured On YIAY
                - Awkward And Sometimes Silent
                - Overwhelmingly Sarcastic

Comment

Why was the riding roach removed... It wasn't gross at all. It's a literal animal.
                  GrowID: Oldsock/JudahBowe
                  Instagram: @sockia
                  Discord: Oldsock#0653

Comment

Yeah, I don't see how people overreacted to Totally Gross, especially considering Growtopia's Halloween has been infested with "trypophobia"-inducing assortment of Evil Eyes and eyeball monsters in GROWGANOTH for years.

Also, Spare Body Parts. Deadly Spiders. Hanging Bats. Even non-Halloween items like Prickly Pineapples and White Doll's Eyes. All these need to be removed as well to keep consistent with the removal of those Gross rewards.
                    Obtaining Growtopia Sprites Online - Links

Growtopia Wiki bureaucrat. Growtopian since April 2015.

Comment

Apparently some epileptic guy had an epilepsy during this event due to the eyes and gross changing stuff such as the eye closing/opening and the big heads just being hard to look at all so thats why they removed. Roach is maybe for the bed bugs nightmare but yeah the knife in the head shouldnt be there as someone could try it and same for the plague mask wich have a great story but got ruined by the last halloween update.

For the scrub set (hallow version) well its in several moovies and no epilepsy or suh things as nightmares could occur in this case.

I guess i stated every item and why they are there / not there thanks for completing this if needed
                      -----
                      ..Console..
                      Level : highest of all !
                      switch/xbox
                      (Comunity isnt toxic)
                      -----
                      Follow my insta @li0ne_gt
                      If you think being a mod is nice, then acting like a kid is the description.

#BOYCOTGROWTOPIA

Comment

riding roach is cute ngl
                        IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Comment

so people on the forums ruined these items smh.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprite Lightning View Post
                            Yeah, I don't see how people overreacted to Totally Gross, especially considering Growtopia's Halloween has been infested with "trypophobia"-inducing assortment of Evil Eyes and eyeball monsters in GROWGANOTH for years.

Also, Spare Body Parts. Deadly Spiders. Hanging Bats. Even non-Halloween items like Prickly Pineapples and White Doll's Eyes. All these need to be removed as well to keep consistent with the removal of those Gross rewards.
                            The growganoth eyes don't induce trypo since they are a whole eye. Trypophobia is the fear of irregular groups of holes packed together. While I don't think the beast of a thousand eyes mask was that bad, apparently people did.

Apparently how they did it was they asked random people on their opinions and said people they asked must have disliked these items, as well as general feedback from others. I don't think they would redesign items for no reason.

Sucks to see beast with a thousand eyes mask go with barely anyone knowing it's existence but I guess that's what the players wanted.
                            hello

Grossout event items are underrated, eyes on stalks are a masterpiece.

Comment

The removal of those items were not just based on what the team wants. We had a poll and survey out for the community to partake in. We based the removal of those items from those two to get what the community wants in and out of this feature.

Comment

Working...
                              X