Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petition to Remove the Guild Event: Fishing Fanatics!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    double, or potentially triple the point gain from all fishing rods and make the event 4 days, the usual length to my knowledge.
    | IGN: Graxum | Level: 80 |



    Originally posted by Seth
    Update: I listened to TIMEONI (nice song..)
    Originally posted by DynPlaysGT
    "Hey we just let all your private data get leaked, sorry about that. Now buy our IAP!"
    Originally posted by AsteroidSpam
    and yet again growtopians surpass the known limit to collective autism

    Comment


    • #17
      Fishing takes a ridiculous amount of time compared to other events. We're not complainin' about the cost (besides, surg and star are on the cheaper side of the cost spectrum fyi), we're complaining about the few day's worth of time that we have to give up (compared to the 1 hour for block bashers).


      One thing: Thanks for upping the block drops! Finally!
      IGN: MadameZ

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Immaculate View Post
        I have to agree with Ilikecats, although I do see where Oldsock is coming from. If you think the fishing event is expensive, the surgery & Startopian clash events are super unaffordable to participate in and should both be cancelled from any planned schedule.

        Yes, fishing fanatics is costly. Yes, the grind is painstakingly monotonous. Yes, most people are discouraged from participating (including myself). Does that mean we should remove it though? I think not; we should rather ask for the clash event to be postponed until they test their fixes out and further nerf the clash event from there.

        I see where you’re coming from, and although I agree to some extent I don’t. I’m voting “No Opinion” because I’m too torn on this topic.
        Clearly you don't try guild events properly, you even said in your second paragraph this event turned you off from participating. Also surgery and startopia event are balanced with cheaper and more lenient anomalizing tools, that is they use far less anomalizing tools to compensate. Pristines cosf 3,500 for surg and star, but 5,000 for fishing and others.

        My biggest complaint by far is the amount of time the fishing event takes. With the addition of roles and several surgery updates, the surgery event is easily the most affordable. If you're not too lazy to do role quests you can max startopia for FREE (just ask MadameZ).

        My entire point is that this event is not fun because it's so grossly unbalanced, your lack of participation is but another testament to that fact. Because the fishing event has supposedly been rebalanced several times but still remains incredibly unbalanced, it seems far more logical just to remove it altogether.

        - - - Updated - - -

        Originally posted by MadameZ View Post
        Fishing takes a ridiculous amount of time compared to other events. We're not complainin' about the cost (besides, surg and star are on the cheaper side of the cost spectrum fyi), we're complaining about the few day's worth of time that we have to give up (compared to the 1 hour for block bashers).


        One thing: Thanks for upping the block drops! Finally!
        I referenced you in my most recent post, ironic you brought up cost which is what I referenced you regarding
        GrowID: Oldsock/JudahBowe
        Instagram: @sockia
        Discord: Oldsock#0653

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Coolztopia
          I know not all people love fishing, but fishing is one of six primary job in growtopia, so we can't remove the fishing event. I prefer if ubisoft change the recipe of elegant anomarod. It's too expensive if we need 25 naval mines just for 1 rod that can break anytime.
          ok but the devs did mentioned that they wanted guild events to be more skilled based and the most they did is a rng parkour
          IGN : Liquify

          support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

          Comment


          • #20
            What do you guys mean??? I just L o v e standing still and wasting WLS on baits to catch fishies for the same darn points no matter what type of fish or fish sizes! I just love these type of event when all you do is standing still without doing something more activeee

            sarcasm at its finest
            IGN : BoxeyNoxey

            About Me :
            - Tall Boi
            - Professional Candy Crusher
            - Completely Straight
            - Funky Hair
            - Never Got Featured On YIAY
            - Awkward And Sometimes Silent
            - Overwhelmingly Sarcastic

            Comment


            • #21
              This event shreds through wls between bait, and rods. But all of the events are pretty much the worst as well, surgery, startopia are not as bad as fishing. A lot of people also get very impatient in fishing because there is a chance you will not get fish from the bait. I think we need to reconsider the fishing event as well, but I'm fine if it stays in the game. It's not going to kill us.
              IGN: DoctorNick
              Instagram: doctornick.gt
              Goals: Keep grinding.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by BoxeyBoy View Post
                What do you guys mean??? I just L o v e standing still and wasting WLS on baits to catch fishies for the same darn points no matter what type of fish or fish sizes! I just love these type of event when all you do is standing still without doing something more activeee

                sarcasm at its finest
                And remember, we love how this takes more than 10h for sure and that is only if you don't talk in that 10h. We love how we can be alone in our worlds, ignore every single msg what we get and signal jammer is our best friend, so no one can disturb us. what a lovely event!!!!!
                Level: 125
                Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
                My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
                Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
                Instagram: QueenChloeGT
                How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
                  Clearly you don't try guild events properly, you even said in your second paragraph this event turned you off from participating. Also surgery and startopia event are balanced with cheaper and more lenient anomalizing tools, that is they use far less anomalizing tools to compensate. Pristines cosf 3,500 for surg and star, but 5,000 for fishing and others.

                  My biggest complaint by far is the amount of time the fishing event takes. With the addition of roles and several surgery updates, the surgery event is easily the most affordable. If you're not too lazy to do role quests you can max startopia for FREE (just ask MadameZ).

                  My entire point is that this event is not fun because it's so grossly unbalanced, your lack of participation is but another testament to that fact. Because the fishing event has supposedly been rebalanced several times but still remains incredibly unbalanced, it seems far more logical just to remove it altogether.

                  - - - Updated - - -

                  I referenced you in my most recent post, ironic you brought up cost which is what I referenced you regarding
                  I think you might’ve misunderstood my point. I absolutely see where you’re coming from and I pretty much agree with most of what you’re advocating for. I however don’t think that removing the event entirely from the roster is the most logical solution that can be applied.

                  You even mentioned it yourself on several occasions; the event is unbalanced. Whether the issue is cost, the time it takes to max out your personal stats or anything else for that matter, I think we can all agree that the current guild event should’ve been more throughly planned out. Is cancelling the event entirely the most viable solution? I’d have to disagree.

                  As I’ve stated earlier, postponing the event is probably the best idea. To further elaborate on what I mean, I think that the event should be “paused” for maybe a week and a half. What is meant by this is that all players’/guilds’ current stats are frozen as to where they currently stand and, after what is hopefully a lot of testing and re-balancing, the guild event continues.

                  I find this to be a good compromise between those who want the event to continue (as they fear losing all the WLS they’ve currently spent on Fishing Fanatics) and those who want to cancel it altogether (as they see the event being too unbalanced and in need of dire changes).

                  I have to say, your argument is completely valid and I support the bulk of it. I just don’t think that cancelling the event altogether is the best option. Yes, it’s been “rebalanced” several times in the past, but it’s not a reason to have lost all hopes. After all, the only way you can learn and grow is by making mistakes.

                  Quick P.S.: Sorry for the overly-verbose reply, I just can’t control it sometimes. LOL
                  Nobody comes without mistakes or flaws;
                  it's what you make of them
                  that shapes who you are.


                  #LeastKnownForumerOver1kPosts

                  Wanna talk? Send me a PM!
                  IGN: Immaculate

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    2-3 hours of fishing is fine. 8-9 hours? Nope that's too big of a stretch.
                    IGN: Demondoom
                    Level: 71
                    #FishTrainingJustice
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Before the rebalances, everyone complained that all of the clash events were too expensive to participate in. Now, you’re all complaining to remove one of the 2 events that don’t require too many wls. Sure, it’s boring, but it allows more people to join in.
                      Sup
                      IGN: Rovie
                      Discord: rovvvie#4588

                      pfp by topazi

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by tatertots View Post
                        Before the rebalances, everyone complained that all of the clash events were too expensive to participate in. Now, you’re all complaining to remove one of the 2 events that don’t require too many wls. Sure, it’s boring, but it allows more people to join in.
                        Everybody complained about fishing prior to rebalances due to the amount of time it took fyi. (Fishing was average priced before anyway; surg, star, and cooking were the cheapest)
                        IGN: MadameZ

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I don't think an event should be removed because it is boring, rather, that gives the reason that it needs to be improved and worked on. Specifically here, it needs work done on its core gameplay and long-term goals. Fishing in any game is mechanically dull, it's just how it is, but make it feel rewarding and it could become interesting.
                          37 World of the Days won.
                          4 World Building Competitions placed in.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Immaculate View Post
                            I think you might’ve misunderstood my point. I absolutely see where you’re coming from and I pretty much agree with most of what you’re advocating for. I however don’t think that removing the event entirely from the roster is the most logical solution that can be applied.

                            You even mentioned it yourself on several occasions; the event is unbalanced. Whether the issue is cost, the time it takes to max out your personal stats or anything else for that matter, I think we can all agree that the current guild event should’ve been more throughly planned out. Is cancelling the event entirely the most viable solution? I’d have to disagree.

                            As I’ve stated earlier, postponing the event is probably the best idea. To further elaborate on what I mean, I think that the event should be “paused” for maybe a week and a half. What is meant by this is that all players’/guilds’ current stats are frozen as to where they currently stand and, after what is hopefully a lot of testing and re-balancing, the guild event continues.

                            I find this to be a good compromise between those who want the event to continue (as they fear losing all the WLS they’ve currently spent on Fishing Fanatics) and those who want to cancel it altogether (as they see the event being too unbalanced and in need of dire changes).

                            I have to say, your argument is completely valid and I support the bulk of it. I just don’t think that cancelling the event altogether is the best option. Yes, it’s been “rebalanced” several times in the past, but it’s not a reason to have lost all hopes. After all, the only way you can learn and grow is by making mistakes.

                            Quick P.S.: Sorry for the overly-verbose reply, I just can’t control it sometimes. LOL
                            Ah ok, I meant that after this iteration of the event it should just never come back. It's supoosedly been rebalanced like three times, but each of them still leaving it as a massive grind. My point is, why take our chances hoping a 4th rebalance will fix it? Why not just ditch it in favour of more interesting events.

                            Although I see your points and I agree with you mostly as well, I think we just have different opinions on how to approach it. Also I don't want them to ditch the event in this iteration as I've already spent 6 hours on it

                            - - - Updated - - -

                            Originally posted by tatertots View Post
                            Before the rebalances, everyone complained that all of the clash events were too expensive to participate in. Now, you’re all complaining to remove one of the 2 events that don’t require too many wls. Sure, it’s boring, but it allows more people to join in.
                            My main argument is the time factor, I'm used to spending a few hundred wls every event from previous clashes.

                            - - - Updated - - -

                            Originally posted by MadameZ View Post
                            Everybody complained about fishing prior to rebalances due to the amount of time it took fyi. (Fishing was average priced before anyway; surg, star, and cooking were the cheapest)
                            I even explicitly asked...

                            Originally posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
                            The points are a more pressing concern than the break chances. Now that there are no longer Exquisites and Elegant recipes are somewhat difficult, most of us will be attempting to get maximum points using Pristines, this event needs to be balanced muchly so that it won't take 12+ hours of fishing with Pristines just to get max points.
                            Originally posted by Starkos View Post
                            Don't worry, you won't be fishing for hours.
                            GrowID: Oldsock/JudahBowe
                            Instagram: @sockia
                            Discord: Oldsock#0653

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              It took me 4 hours to max my personal rewards and only 32 pristine used.
                              Derby racing! #SaddleUp

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by ArcadeRoy View Post
                                It took me 4 hours to max my personal rewards and only 32 pristine used.
                                It depends on how 'pristine' the rod is. If it breaks, it breaks. If its not, continue going then. Its called "RNG"
                                IGN : BoxeyNoxey

                                About Me :
                                - Tall Boi
                                - Professional Candy Crusher
                                - Completely Straight
                                - Funky Hair
                                - Never Got Featured On YIAY
                                - Awkward And Sometimes Silent
                                - Overwhelmingly Sarcastic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X