Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WorldLevel-Limit. Bad for player base, increase autofarmers. *But still cool feature*

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WorldLevel-Limit. Bad for player base, increase autofarmers. *But still cool feature*

    Well, the new level limit is good in general.

    BUT

    Have we ever considered new players?
    Those who might be someone who got invited by friends to play
    or someone who shown interest in Sandbox pixel games.
    ...Gets exclude from the mainstream GT community and trapped in the naval blue world menu...(While only able to access beautiful worlds)

    This feature is not new player friendly as it prevents them from accessing full features of the game.
    So who enjoys hours continuous clicking and swiping when just started playing a supposed creative game ?*while not expecting a "Clicker-Hero-Alike" game*
    Even though the feature on the other hand prevents "Fake" new players that are annoying or spammers, but is it worthy at the end for the whole game?
    Just like a quote relates to mass shooting in real life; "Guns don't kill people, people do."

    Furthermore, we might expect more autofarmers. Since now spammers or some players' alternate accounts cannot enter worlds due to level limitation, they might try to level up quickly by using autoclick scripts. Personally, i know this issue is minor, but just a reminder about the potential increase. Maybe Ubisoft and BFG owners should be cautious about it.


    *The above arguments are not and unable to be supported by statistics and can be consider bias.*

    But anyway, this feature is still nice!





    - - - Updated - - -

    ;/ i know i shouldn't, but i decide to bump

  • #2
    lol compare how many new players there are to autos
    IGN is Ezereal now. Feel free to add me in game Also check out my new Art Instagram growtopia account here : https://www.instagram.com/ezerealgt/...d=qpen3zu2x9np

    Comment


    • #3
      The new players can probably wait. Besides, it is faster for new players to level up since there is the, “ Break For Gems System. “
      Instagram:@kyeosi.gt

      Comment


      • #4
        Imo this feature is amazing if used correctly by world owners. I mean how much time does it take to level up from 1 to 5 (if level requirement is set at lvl5)? 10minutes? This shouldnt affect normal players, although for spammers this will cause some issues for sure.
        IGN: Imunity

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Growchitect View Post
          Well, the new level limit is good in general.

          BUT

          Have we ever considered new players?
          Those who might be someone who got invited by friends to play
          or someone who shown interest in Sandbox pixel games.
          ...Gets exclude from the mainstream GT community and trapped in the naval blue world menu...(While only able to access beautiful worlds)

          This feature is not new player friendly as it prevents them from accessing full features of the game.
          So who enjoys hours continuous clicking and swiping when just started playing a supposed creative game ?*while not expecting a "Clicker-Hero-Alike" game*
          Even though the feature on the other hand prevents "Fake" new players that are annoying or spammers, but is it worthy at the end for the whole game?
          Just like a quote relates to mass shooting in real life; "Guns don't kill people, people do."

          Furthermore, we might expect more autofarmers. Since now spammers or some players' alternate accounts cannot enter worlds due to level limitation, they might try to level up quickly by using autoclick scripts. Personally, i know this issue is minor, but just a reminder about the potential increase. Maybe Ubisoft and BFG owners should be cautious about it.


          *The above arguments are not and unable to be supported by statistics and can be consider bias.*

          But anyway, this feature is still nice!





          - - - Updated - - -

          ;/ i know i shouldn't, but i decide to bump
          I don’t think these bots will spend the time to do it, but true, it is possibility. Even then we can use timer to kick them out every 10 minutes so they have not much to do.

          After reading your title one more thing came to mind. Any kind of scam worlds or autofarmers that get exposed to public can put the level limit immediately to 124 to make sure more people can’t report the world anymore. And I see that as way bigger issue to be honest.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by AtomMate View Post
            After reading your title one more thing came to mind. Any kind of scam worlds or autofarmers that get exposed to public can put the level limit immediately to 124 to make sure more people can’t report the world anymore. And I see that as way bigger issue to be honest.
            If its reported once, I can bet it will be checked by mod. Sooner or later.
            IGN: Imunity

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Kyeosi View Post
              The new players can probably wait. Besides, it is faster for new players to level up since there is the, “ Break For Gems System. “
              We the players who already know the game's mechanics' obviously can wait.
              But from a new player's perspective, i doubt he/she will spent hours doing similar actions...(Try to switch perspective, is the game "clicker heroes" fun for you?)
              Since the farming process is boring, the new players are more likely to quit, probably go back playing Minecraft
              Then in long term, affects the expansion of Growtopia's playerbase. Pushing Growtopia further towards the edge of dying

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Growchitect View Post
                We the players who already know the game's mechanics' obviously can wait.
                But from a new player's perspective, i doubt he/she will spent hours doing similar actions...(Try to switch perspective, is the game "clicker heroes" fun for you?)
                Since the farming process is boring, the new players are more likely to quit, probably go back playing Minecraft
                Then in long term, affects the expansion of Growtopia's playerbase. Pushing Growtopia further towards the edge of dying
                You can never predict new players' minds. While most of them quit shortly after playing, some find interests in the game and realize that farming is mandatory. Regarding autofarmers, mods have special ways to detect them anyways, and reporting more than once wouldn't help.
                Also what worlds would become unavailable to newcomers? Picture yourself a new player at level 3 for example, why would you want to go to a buy world?
                Overall the cons are minor considering the benefits of this system.
                "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."

                Comment


                • #9
                  And what’s the problem? I don’t think spammers would even bother trying to level up. Setting up those accounts are already a hassle. Imagine having to level them all up together everytime they get banned.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    well great feature to prevent spamers but...
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (54).png
Views:	1
Size:	242.1 KB
ID:	6589630
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (55).png
Views:	1
Size:	218.6 KB
ID:	6589631
                    i can't enter buyghc :v
                    IGN=???l
                    level = ???

                    Goals:
                    i Still have goals beyond my goals

                    Have A Nice Day Guys

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by iSynopsis View Post
                      well great feature to prevent spamers but...
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]223020[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]223021[/ATTACH]
                      i can't enter buyghc :v
                      Time to start farming or go on your higher level account
                      Professional thread killer

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        New players have no need to enter worlds like BUYGHC which are used to sell expensive items.
                        They need to focus on learning the games mechanics ect.
                        IGN: Noodle (previously Noodle905)

                        Just your average dude who enjoys playing the game and solving riddles



                        Originally posted by NekoRei
                        Damn I clicked on it... I was Luis Fonzied

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I got supplies
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	images (24).jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	6589637
                          Smh why my signature not gif

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            In my opinion, the new Level Limit thingy is completely useless.
                            Spammers nowadays have lvl 20+, the reason for that is, if ur under lvl 10, u'll get these math questions.
                            Unless you want pro people in ur world only, it's useless.
                            The timer on the other hand is useful for getting rid of spammers. But still, it can be abused, since we growtopians always find a way to that. That's the only thing we are good at, anyways.

                            Well it's just my opinion tho, so if anyone disagrees, dun get mad.
                            Have some Chocolate to make your day better! 🍫


                            Sometimes..i just wonder..what if..what if memes..were a currency..But then you realize that you're from Europe.

                            Stupidity has no limits

                            Cat memes and Dank memes are the best. Don't @ me

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              OVEcaught caught did a video in buywicaught and the spammers were ranged to 23-31 in the video. Noobs that trade in the world just want a quick pair of wings to do the jumps of other people who putted work on it (avoiding the scamm jumps)

                              - - - Updated - - -

                              Originally posted by RaySia View Post
                              And what’s the problem? I don’t think spammers would even bother trying to level up. Setting up those accounts are already a hassle. Imagine having to level them all up together everytime they get banned.
                              The owner of the spammers is so rich he can set up bfg for their bots meaning :

                              How bots in the future will work :
                              -owner of the soammers set a pass door to a JAMMED bfg world and bots will walk until he falls. When he falls (after taking mp remote) walk 1block left and start the autofarming process. When reached desired level owner of spammers collect the THOUSANDS of gems and set their bots wich means 1 he gets the spamm and 2 he gets TONS of gems.

                              If you think its hard then ur wrong. To do this you just need a macro and thats all.

                              How i can confirm that : wolfworld challenge is people who do the ww PLENTY OF TIMES unless he got a PERFECT RUN after that, his macro is set and hes good to win ALL the challenges !
                              -----
                              ..Console..
                              Level : highest of all !
                              switch/xbox
                              (Comunity isnt toxic)
                              -----
                              Follow my insta @li0ne_gt
                              If you think being a mod is nice, then acting like a kid is the description.

                              #BOYCOTGROWTOPIA

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X