Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's been a while since I've been on the forums but

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It's been a while since I've been on the forums but

    I have a question is it still possible to win votw with a copyrighted song and is it possible to become a featured content creator with copyrighted music?
    Owner of the guild [COOL]

    I love making Growtopia Animations
    New growtopia animation in progress:27%


    Goals:


    Get 10,000 subscribers:606/10,000



  • #2
    I dont think you will....
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    -Mahatma Gandhi

    Comment


    • #3
      Why would u use a copyrighted song for VOTW anyway? U could add a few custom sound effects (u can take these from other places) and they'll do the job as good, if not better. People like to see content u made yourself instead of stuff from other people. Wouldn't appeal to the VOTW choosers either if u use a copyrighted song.
      Avatar Credits Go To SnowCone

      IGN:StarByte

      Originally posted by Oldsock (IGN)
      There's this thing called life.
      Originally posted by Cahtster
      my tum tum hurts.

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't know, Mabye put a song owner as credit into your desc?

        Comment


        • #5
          If you put it on youtube you'll get a copyright strike if the owner of the music claims it. also wrong subforum, this should be in guidebook
          Give a man a wl, and he will learn to rely on you.
          Teach a man to make wls and you'll set him up for success.
          IGN:Tellicant Main:U9

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by effanx11 View Post
            Why would u use a copyrighted song for VOTW anyway? U could add a few custom sound effects (u can take these from other places) and they'll do the job as good, if not better. People like to see content u made yourself instead of stuff from other people. Wouldn't appeal to the VOTW choosers either if u use a copyrighted song.
            I wouldn't add sound effects go a music video that's kinda ruin the purpose

            - - - Updated - - -

            Originally posted by Zynek3 View Post
            If you put it on youtube you'll get a copyright strike if the owner of the music claims it. also wrong subforum, this should be in guidebook
            Ya I understand the things you guys are saying. what I'm asking is If I'm using a copyrighted song is it still possible to win.
            Before ubisoft owned the game it was. I feel like they'd be a bit more strict that seth and hamummu.

            - - - Updated - - -

            Owner of the guild [COOL]

            I love making Growtopia Animations
            New growtopia animation in progress:27%


            Goals:


            Get 10,000 subscribers:606/10,000


            Comment


            • #7
              I doubt it.
              I make low-quality content.


              Most Recent video: (My videos aren't usually like this)


              IGN: SeaAce
              Instagram: Spades.gt

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Wubzi View Post
                I have a question is it still possible to win votw with a copyrighted song and is it possible to become a featured content creator with copyrighted music?
                yes that's possible i think

                RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

                "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
                - Eleanor Roosevelt

                Comment


                • #9
                  johnxx uploaded the animated video of despacito growtopia ver and won the votw (despacito is copyright song)
                  so I think using copyright songs doesn't matter
                  Ign: RimUwU

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It's not impossible, because sometimes players still use popular songs in their VOTWs, though.
                    Hi.

                    Discord: TurtlePirate#7906
                    Instagram: @pirategrowtopia

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It is doable, though you should definitely credit the creators of the song(s)
                      this is my signature
                      i can choose whatever i want to do here
                      and you cant stop me

                      i choose to do nothing

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        There are players who use popular songs and create Growtopia music videos out of it. You can win just make sure you credit in the description.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X