Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Locking your own sponsored item world

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Locking your own sponsored item world

    i saw this with a few sponsored item where the person who sponsors the item locks the trade world (buyetherboard buyrobotictentacle) is this even allowed . the problem is that people can sponsor a very obtainable and useful item like vendings or teenys and get all the wls they used to sponsor just by locking the world and people never even talk about this . i dont think it should be allowed. sponsoring an item should just get your dream item in the game isnt that enough already? tell your opinions below

  • #2
    They worked hard to achieve all the epic quests, spent tons of diamond locks, hours of effort. My take is, with this hard work they deserve these kind of things.
    IGN: DoctorNick
    Instagram: doctornick.gt
    Goals: Keep grinding.

    Comment


    • #3
      Its allowed i think
      Ign: RimUwU

      Good song
      https://youtu.be/SpsWFfPzSY4

      Comment


      • #4
        They get to choose name
        like so they made item while he already lock it
        Youtube:Lightvolts
        IGN:Lightvolts
        level:84



        mods fix giphy pls ^ i sad

        and when upload it, no work

        [i miss old image gif
        bring back] I need them

        Comment


        • #5
          I've asked support back then, it is allowed.
          In the case of BuyEtherboard, it won't be for sale and there's a permanent public board up.

          We worked hard to get there and it would annoy me that somebody uses of our work (eg locking every single world name, even stupid ones) to personally benefit.
          There's cases where previous sponsorers told their friends just so that they could lock them, or the sponsorers just lock the worlds themselves to "make up" for the sponsoring cost. This is where I think it's pretty questionable whether they should be sponsoring just to profit by locking AND selling.
          A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
          Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
          IGN: TK69
          Growtopia Treehouse Discord | My Insta

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Nenkaai View Post
            I've asked support back then, it is allowed.
            In the case of BuyEtherboard, it won't be for sale and there's a permanent public board up.

            We worked hard to get there and it would annoy me that somebody uses of our work (eg locking every single world name, even stupid ones) to personally benefit.
            There's cases where previous sponsorers told their friends just so that they could lock them, or the sponsorers just lock the worlds themselves to "make up" for the sponsoring cost. This is where I think it's pretty questionable whether they should be sponsoring just to profit by locking AND selling.
            Personally I think he completely deserves it, He did all the EPIC quests, It's not like he was data mining it is his own creation. I bet if you completed all of these you'd do the same there was no reason to try call him out
            LetsGo

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LETS4GO View Post
              Personally I think he completely deserves it, He did all the EPIC quests, It's not like he was data mining it is his own creation. I bet if you completed all of these you'd do the same there was no reason to try call him out
              Why are you quoting him? He created the Etherboard lol, so "he did all the EPIC quests". Also, this is in fact allowed to lock your own world, this is why they are allowed to pick names. It's a whole different story with monthly sponsored items, which is why they aren't allowed to pick the name of the item they created.
              GrowID - Anime
              LEVEL - 95
              Main World - KURO
              Trusted Middleman in 'BUYUSERNAME'
              -----------------------------------------------
              Goals
              • Level 125 - 95/125
              • 200 Diamond Locks - 400+/200 [Completed]
              • Legendary Item - 0/1

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Anime_ View Post
                Why are you quoting him? He created the Etherboard lol, so "he did all the EPIC quests". Also, this is in fact allowed to lock your own world, this is why they are allowed to pick names. It's a whole different story with monthly sponsored items, which is why they aren't allowed to pick the name of the item they created.
                Dude, are you gonna be but hurt because a guy helped add a new item to the game, and you think it would be yours or someone elses right to lock his world?
                LetsGo

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by LETS4GO View Post
                  Dude, are you gonna be but hurt because a guy helped add a new item to the game, and you think it would be yours or someone elses right to lock his world?
                  What are you even talking about? Please re-read what I said before you go replying.
                  GrowID - Anime
                  LEVEL - 95
                  Main World - KURO
                  Trusted Middleman in 'BUYUSERNAME'
                  -----------------------------------------------
                  Goals
                  • Level 125 - 95/125
                  • 200 Diamond Locks - 400+/200 [Completed]
                  • Legendary Item - 0/1

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Sorry about my actions...

                    Op, My bad :3 sorry I'm vewwy special
                    LetsGo

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LETS4GO View Post
                      Op, My bad :3 sorry I'm vewwy special
                      It's all good.
                      GrowID - Anime
                      LEVEL - 95
                      Main World - KURO
                      Trusted Middleman in 'BUYUSERNAME'
                      -----------------------------------------------
                      Goals
                      • Level 125 - 95/125
                      • 200 Diamond Locks - 400+/200 [Completed]
                      • Legendary Item - 0/1

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CoffeeUser View Post
                        i saw this with a few sponsored item where the person who sponsors the item locks the trade world (buyetherboard buyrobotictentacle) is this even allowed . the problem is that people can sponsor a very obtainable and useful item like vendings or teenys and get all the wls they used to sponsor just by locking the world and people never even talk about this . i dont think it should be allowed. sponsoring an item should just get your dream item in the game isnt that enough already? tell your opinions below
                        they dont decide the recipe or effects, ubisoft does. they can only give suggestions, but it is ultimately ubisoft's choice whether to make it a useful item or not.
                        Ariana/Zya

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Players who sponsor items seemingly take care of the items' BUY worlds well; why not?
                          Growtopia Wiki admin. Check out some of my threads!
                          List of Pets and Clothing Mods
                          Converted RTTEX Files

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X