No announcement yet.

Growtopia isn't for kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age ratings mean nothing, there are plenty of 9-year-olds who play GTA and CoD. What I'm worried about is that Ubisoft is trying to grow the playerbase by gearing the game toward younger players.

Comment

Note: If you notice your posts or threads were removed by the moderators, it's for a reason, so you should not re-post it. Be careful - if this happens a couple of times, we will remove the account and all posts from the forums without any warning.
      If your thread gets closed down then refrain from making more threads with the same topic/discussion.

I'm not gonna rejoin this conversation, if you like to know in depth of everything then please read my comment under your thread.

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...=1#post4093209
      IGN: Chowney

a pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
      an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty

~ Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by m456 View Post
        Age ratings mean nothing, there are plenty of 9-year-olds who play GTA and CoD. What I'm worried about is that Ubisoft is trying to grow the playerbase by gearing the game toward younger players.
        Yes, which is the wrong way to go. Growtopia is a MMORPG.

MMORPG- massively multiplayer online role-playing game

We can’t delete swords, guns, or dragons unless we’re headed to a child safe environment game. And let’s face it, there is nothing wrong with these items. It is only wrong when we use and interpret these items wrongly, it is the people. Roulette wheels were designed for the purpose of a real life Las Vegas setting. Dragons and swords for medieval role players. See?

We can’t prevent how these items are used, and preventing the creation of items such as these won’t help either. The problem doesn’t originate from the items, but the community. That’s why there are moderators to maintain the community. They prevent such devilish acts from happening. If we were to prevent the creation of such items, we are limiting the game’s potential.

People are trying to be “smart” by exaggerating the item’s true purpose, saying that it is harmful. This is a role-play game, and mind you all, @Seth and @Hamumu made these items. These items are to make your game experience more role-play-e. Just why? To show a point to Ubisoft?

Also, I was 5 years old when I started using toy guns, and I didn’t see anything wrong with that. I was having fun.
        Instagram:@kyeosi.gt

Comment

Originally posted by Chowney View Post
          If your thread gets closed down then refrain from making more threads with the same topic/discussion.

I'm not gonna rejoin this conversation, if you like to know in depth of everything then please read my comment under your thread.

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...=1#post4093209
          i don't really agree with anything you said on my last post - i don't think you've been around enough to debunk everything i said.

and the last thread got closed due to me mentioning people getting banned from the legal use of roulette wheels (which i wont get into here either because i dont want this thread to be closed either) so i didnt mention it in this one.
          Thinking about you.

Comment

I agree with just about everything in this post. I’m scared to be myself in-game because Mods (mainly Odric and sometimes other mods) are sometimes popping up to chat with me. The reason why I’m scared is because when talking to friends my way of speaking is a bit “ghetto”. As a black man playing growtopia who grew up in the “hood” until he was 10-11, I casually say the “n-word” a lot because it’s apart of my mannerisms and the way I talk when i’m most comfortable, which is around friends. I can also speak properly, as I was taught that after moving to a more “stable environment.” Talking proper is something i do to people I don’t know or adults (i’m 17 btw) to show respect. I don’t want to always worry about, “am i going to get banned for being myself?” I have no idea of the standards for this. I even applied to be game guardian, but just because I applied that doesn’t mean when i’m alone with friends I will change the way I speak. It will seem to me like racial profiling for banning because of the way I talk. It’s hard to not be yourself.
            GrowID - Anime
            LEVEL - 95
            Main World - KURO
            Trusted Middleman in 'BUYUSERNAME'
            -----------------------------------------------
            Goals
            • Level 125 - 95/125
            • 200 Diamond Locks - 400+/200 [Completed]
            • Legendary Item - 0/1

Comment

Originally posted by Anime_ View Post
              I agree with just about everything in this post. I’m scared to be myself in-game because Mods (mainly Odric and sometimes other mods) are sometimes popping up to chat with me. The reason why I’m scared is because when talking to friends my way of speaking is a bit “ghetto”. As a black man playing growtopia who grew up in the “hood” until he was 10-11, I casually say the “n-word” a lot because it’s apart of my mannerisms and the way I talk when i’m most comfortable, which is around friends. I can also speak properly, as I was taught that after moving to a more “stable environment.” Talking proper is something i do to people I don’t know or adults (i’m 17 btw) to show respect. I don’t want to always worry about, “am i going to get banned for being myself?” I have no idea of the standards for this. I even applied to be game guardian, but just because I applied that doesn’t mean when i’m alone with friends I will change the way I speak. It will seem to me like racial profiling for banning because of the way I talk. It’s hard to not be yourself.
              that was something that first concerned me after being banned for 60 days, cause when the ban wouldve expired, i wouldve actually been too scared to even type anything. if they continue to be this strict with speech, including with your friends privately, its just going to be a huge mess
              Thinking about you.

Comment

agreed . i dont think kids can make wls in this game anyway except farmers i guess

Comment

Originally posted by ZStepXD View Post
                  i don't really agree with anything you said on my last post - i don't think you've been around enough to debunk everything i said.

and the last thread got closed due to me mentioning people getting banned from the legal use of roulette wheels (which i wont get into here either because i dont want this thread to be closed either) so i didnt mention it in this one.
                  I have been here longer than you could imagine. I own another account although I use this for general needs as I'd like to maintain a neutral position in the community with my main account, consider this as an ALT.

FYI The post I made was/had to be approved by a staff member so while you don't agree with what I say, you don't agree with the staff member who approved my message says.

Most of what I said were actually debunked by staff members, not me.
                  IGN: Chowney

a pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
                  an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty

~ Winston Churchill

Comment

that was something that first concerned me after being banned for 60 days, cause when the ban wouldve expired, i wouldve actually been too scared to even type anything. if they continue to be this strict with speech, including with your friends privately, its just going to be a huge mess
                    i agree, plus the rules are very inconsistent, my friend, who i will not disclose the name of, said that swearing around your friends was perfectly fine, or at least thats what he was told by certain mods; and thats how it was before Ubisoft, yet many people get banned for swearing in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by CoffeeUser View Post
                    agreed . i dont think kids can make wls in this game anyway except farmers i guess
                    its not just making wls, its also about the social aspect. Some players are naturally going to swear and be toxic, just like in real life, and the social aspect is pretty much unavoidable unless all you do is farm in a jammed and locked world and buy necessities directly from the gem store and splice them on your own, and that doesnt sound very growtopia to me. The game revolves around the social aspect.
                    | IGN: Graxum | Level: 80 |

Originally posted by Seth
                    Update: I listened to TIMEONI (nice song..)
                    Originally posted by DynPlaysGT
                    "Hey we just let all your private data get leaked, sorry about that. Now buy our IAP!"
                    Originally posted by AsteroidSpam
                    and yet again growtopians surpass the known limit to collective autism

Comment

Originally posted by FyreX View Post
                      yet many people get banned for swearing in any way.
                      Any proof?
                      sigpic

Comment

12 year olds know enough...
                        incorrect,
                        they don't know the amount of stress tax evasion puts on someone, unless they know that, they don't know enough
                        growid: slinkyman

im losing my sanity

Comment

Game is not for kids.
                          I would not allow my child using any gadget until they are teen.

#safekids
                          IGN : Kihiro
                          Cheap Bountiful GT Looming Block 40/1 at VENDHU \(^_^)/

Goal :
                          -Have fun in game : 6/10

Comment

It also isn't for kids because of the diversity of recipes and mechanics in-game which are too complex. Descriptions of items are pretty complex too. Who discovered all the recipes of new updates anyway? Certainly not some random kid: they must be teens or young adults.

I guess what I'm saying is that they consider the non-kid audience too.
                            Interesting threads I've made:
                            BFGSITE: Free Daily BFG

Comment

Didn't you account trade?
                              Suggestions:

Maximum Purchase personal setting

Suggestion box with many items

Comment

Originally posted by slinky View Post
                                incorrect,
                                they don't know the amount of stress tax evasion puts on someone, unless they know that, they don't know enough
                                I'm an adult that doesn't know the stress of tax evasion. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X