Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about big items, and sparkly items?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel about big items, and sparkly items?

Since Ubisoft acquired Growtopia (and a to some extent before), there has been a huge increase in big clothing items and items with heaps of particle effects. They are often IOTMs. Sometimes they can be a bit too imposing and take away from true, subtle style and beauty, I think. They also take away from legitimate wealth and status, if they're cheap -- some are comparable to legendary wings.

What do you think of them?

Some examples are Glove of Giants, Aurora Wings, Angel of Mercy Wings, Prismatic Aura. And then there's Wild O' the Wild (flaming hair), and all those items with sparkles and particles coming off everywhere. You can name some of your own examples.

Edit: sorry, should this be in Update Discussions?
    New calculator site (in progress): http://beastlygrowtopia.site11.com

Old calculator thread:
    http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...Calculator-Hub

My general method of rating any item, big or small, is as follows:
    Is it a dragon, or is it in some way related to dragons? If the answer is yes, then it's a good item and I love it. If the answer is no, the item is irrelevant.
    My heart belongs to Mistie πŸ’˜
    I love her so so much eee
    how do I add back my sigpic
    IGN: Dynnie
    Discord: Dynnie#3475

Avatar by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! ❀️

Comment

Imo they should tone it down a bit. I dont like people buying them just to make their characters bigger
      Originally posted by Jedaki;n6926758
      suddenly when a youtuber gets hacked/scammed, the logs magically appear

Comment

I think perhaps there are a few too many items that are flashy and influence people to make gross sets that include as many flashy items as they can afford, regardless of whether they actually look good worn together, (e.g. Will of Wild Fire + Ghost King's Glory + Dark Aurora Wings), but overall having more effects is a lot of fun.

One big thing I've noticed are hairs, there are better hairstyles these days, such as the ones we got in PAW. I think it would be cool to get more subtle items as well, but I don't think the Legend items are losing value with all these new items, on the contrary, with all the new flashier items existing, Legend items still maintain a far higher status.

I like having both subtle and expressive clothing items, as a good set requires a balance between the two.
        GrowID: Oldsock/JudahBowe
        Instagram: @sockia
        Discord: Oldsock#0653

Comment

I agree, the current mentality is , β€œhEy mY sET’s bIGgeR thhan UrS, sO I’m MorE Pro...”

I dislike how flashy the new cheap items are, For example golden razor wings, 10Wls, and aurora/steampunk wings...
          Cheap Stuff in THANOS

I'm a Solo Gamer Playing an Multiplayer Game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI3TrxpfE6A

Comment

They’re not terrible when you think of them as their own items. It’s when people start piling them on, thinking that bigger is better. They end up being the flashiest and shiniest people in the room. In my opinion, that’s just hard to look at. However, you can make it work if you use them sparingly.
            IGN: Cress
            β€” π’₯𝑒 π“‹π‘œπ’Ύπ“ˆ 𝓁𝒢 𝓋𝒾𝑒 𝑒𝓃 π“‡π‘œπ“ˆπ‘’. β€”
            β€œπ’Ÿπ‘œπ“Šπ’·π“‰ π“€π’Ύπ“π“π“ˆ π“‚π‘œπ“‡π‘’ π’Ήπ“‡π‘’π’Άπ“‚π“ˆ 𝓉𝒽𝒢𝓃 π’»π’Άπ’Ύπ“π“Šπ“‡π‘’ 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 π“Œπ’Ύπ“π“.”

Comment

Originally posted by Lopyhupis View Post
              I agree, the current mentality is , β€œhEy mY sET’s bIGgeR thhan UrS, sO I’m MorE Pro...”

I dislike how flashy the new cheap items are, For example golden razor wings, 10Wls, and aurora/steampunk wings...
              "New"

"Golden Razor Wings"

Mate it's been over a year, they're not new anymore...
              GrowID: Oldsock/JudahBowe
              Instagram: @sockia
              Discord: Oldsock#0653

Comment

Originally posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
                "New"

"Golden Razor Wings"

Mate it's been over a year, they're not new anymore...
                Ok fine, β€œBig items” but still though, my point....
                Cheap Stuff in THANOS

I'm a Solo Gamer Playing an Multiplayer Game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI3TrxpfE6A

Comment

I agree. I own a pair of Da Vinci wings right now, and it can not be even compared to having them a few years ago. Sparkly and Big items were showing the status of the player. Now I enter the world, and 60% of the people there have huge, shiny items. 10% of them don't even look like Growtopians (that transformer car thing, fire guy, etc).

I do believe they add it for profit. Everyone wants to stand out, that's why everyone bought razor wings and keeps buying stuff like that. I do understand that, making money is fantastic and i support that. But from a player point of view, it takes away the reward of actually having good expensive items.

Comment

You can never have too much sparkles! ✨

Comment

Nothing can beat the
                      LBOT + Mirage platform
                      sigpic

im maybe back
                      AΜ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹Μ‹

Comment

I prefer items with minimal particle effects, wings like golden angels/legendary wings are cooler than say aurora wings since they look more minimalist and elegant than a particle fest.

What I really hate is some of the sound effects produced by certain items. Take space thruster boots and scavenger wheels for example, those sound effects add nothing to gameplay and only serve to irritate the player. The only reason why I keep my volume to zero nowadays is because of these unwelcome sound effects.
                        IGN: bllade (used to be BladeGamer)

All epic quests completed, waiting for sponsor.
                        Achievements completed: 152/168

Comment

Looking at everyone else's set makes me feel broke cause I have one of the most simple sets out there.
                          I make low-quality content.

Most Recent video: (My videos aren't usually like this)

IGN: SeaAce
                          Instagram: Spades.gt

Comment

Originally posted by SeaAce View Post
                            Looking at everyone else's set makes me feel broke cause I have one of the most simple sets out there.
                            Like a wise master once said , Simplicity is key!
                            Suggestions:

Maximum Purchase personal setting

Suggestion box with many items

Comment

Yeah, I do agree that some of new items kind of outweighed the legendary items.
                              Maybe they should revamp some of the legendary items...? Add more creative texture and effects.

But I do like the new items though, they pave the way for cooler sets (coming from my preference).

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by SeaAce View Post
                              Sets don't really matter, imo, they never really dictate how much a player owns.

Most of my friends with loads of BGLs are either naked with air robs + cheap wings or wander in Goblin form.
                              IGN: CandleJack

Comment

Working...
                              X