Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Permanent removal from game is too harsh

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Didn't really want to reply to this thread when I saw the poll QNA:
    - I AM EVIL. I WANT EVERYONE TO BE DELETED
    - NO MORE PERMANENT DELETIONS
    What kind of poll is this? Can't you phrase the "I AM EVIL. I WANT EVERYONE TO BE DELETED" - this "sentence" sounds like it came from someone who's uneducated.
    And yes, rules are rules. I've seen Ubistaff stressing the /rules in game and the Growtopian Code many times - be it on the forums, in-game, etc. and if you can't abide by it, then farewell.
    GrowID: PokeNotPoke
    Instagram: @pokenotpoke

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Pokekid123 View Post
      Didn't really want to reply to this thread when I saw the poll QNA:
      - I AM EVIL. I WANT EVERYONE TO BE DELETED
      - NO MORE PERMANENT DELETIONS
      What kind of poll is this? Can't you phrase the "I AM EVIL. I WANT EVERYONE TO BE DELETED" - this "sentence" sounds like it came from someone who's uneducated.
      And yes, rules are rules. I've seen Ubistaff stressing the /rules in game and the Growtopian Code many times - be it on the forums, in-game, etc. and if you can't abide by it, then farewell.
      The poll is wrong and stupid ngl. There is will be suspensions but i just wrote wrongly, was pretty high
      I
      IGN- Leqend
      ----------------------
      Level 92
      ----------------------
      Guild- Company
      ----------------------
      Admin BUYGHC/ Main world - LEQEND
      ----------------------
      Occupation : Dirt farmer (Thats probably why I am stuck in lvl 92)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Leqend of Legend View Post
        The poll is wrong and stupid ngl. There is will be suspensions but i just wrote wrongly, was pretty high
        FP What else can i say..
        Level: 125
        Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
        My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
        Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
        Instagram: QueenChloeGT
        How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

        Comment


        • hello wall of text my old friend
          I like my world locks like I like my plural nouns.
          Plural
          IGN : SimpForJesus

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Leqend of Legend View Post
            How about people who got banned for other reasons like pretending to be a mod. Those who got accused of ban evading while actually sharing wifi with their sibling or etc.
            Stop avoiding the main topic. Ban and Suspension are 2 different things. I don’t know how your mind even works but have you actually read and understand what you’re typing? Those are obvious crimes that deserves punishment. Getting banned for using the same WiFi as your siblings isn’t considered “banned without a reason”. It’s an SOP for them to do this. Unless you have a better idea to keep banned players out, they’ll have to deal with it.

            You’re like one of those players who SB inappropriate things to get duct tape but then complain when you got a ban instead. As Long as you’re asking for it, any amount is a deserving punishment for you.

            - - - Updated - - -

            Originally posted by Leqend of Legend View Post
            The poll is wrong and stupid ngl. There is will be suspensions but i just wrote wrongly, was pretty high
            You didn’t think twice before you post? And you’re expecting the mods to give players like you a second chance? How do you expect the devs to listen to you if you haven’t even learnt your lesson after almost a month of your ban?
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Astigmatisme View Post
              hello wall of text my old friend
              Suggestions:

              Maximum Purchase personal setting

              Suggestion box with many items

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Leqend of Legend View Post
                The poll is wrong and stupid ngl. There is will be suspensions but i just wrote wrongly, was pretty high
                I’m sorry but, I have no words this is too imbecilic. If you want a suggestion to take place use fair points like,

                Yes Perma Bans, or
                No perma Bans...
                Cheap Stuff in THANOS

                I'm a Solo Gamer Playing an Multiplayer Game.

                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI3TrxpfE6A

                Comment


                • I agree with you. Taking into consideration how young the playerbase is a permanent suspension is just too much. Little kids make mistakes and they should learn from them, not be completely punished for them.
                  Sample text

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by HEEL View Post
                    I agree with you. Taking into consideration how young the playerbase is a permanent suspension is just too much. Little kids make mistakes and they should learn from them, not be completely punished for them.
                    Yeah, your intention is right.
                    Children should learn, that good actions have supportive reactions and harmful actions have consequences eg. in the form a suspension.
                    Albeit they shouldn't always be permanent, but there's nothing wrong with a 1 year ban on the first offence of its kind.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by HEEL View Post
                      I agree with you. Taking into consideration how young the playerbase is a permanent suspension is just too much. Little kids make mistakes and they should learn from them, not be completely punished for them.
                      Last edited by RaySia; 09-18-2019, 11:36 PM.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by RaySia View Post
                        You’re making it as if they suspend everyone who does small little crimes ������
                        Suspensions are only given to worst crimes that harm the game such as Autofarming, Casino hosting, hacking, ban evading and more. Yes these kids will learn that the crimes they did are wrong, but there are still tons more rules for them to abide by which they will most likely not know is a crime.
                        Yes exactly, suspensions are only given for serious crimes, simple things will not result in a permanent ban!
                        Cheap Stuff in THANOS

                        I'm a Solo Gamer Playing an Multiplayer Game.

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI3TrxpfE6A

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Lopyhupis View Post
                          Yes exactly, suspensions are only given for serious crimes, simple things will not result in a permanent ban!
                          What do you talk as if you know everything? This is obviously the only thing you think of when you dont even have an open mind. I have said several times in my earlier messages of the various reasons why people get banned and some dont even sound so serious that they deserved to be banned permanently. They definitely did something wrong and they deserve a punishment such as up to 2 years ban but not suspension.
                          I
                          IGN- Leqend
                          ----------------------
                          Level 92
                          ----------------------
                          Guild- Company
                          ----------------------
                          Admin BUYGHC/ Main world - LEQEND
                          ----------------------
                          Occupation : Dirt farmer (Thats probably why I am stuck in lvl 92)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by RaySia View Post
                            You’re making it as if they suspend everyone who does small little crimes ������
                            Suspensions are only given to worst crimes that harm the game such as Autofarming, Casino hosting, hacking, ban evading and more. Yes these kids will learn that the crimes they did are wrong, but there are still tons more rules for them to abide by which they will most likely not know is a crime.
                            Btw, @Raysia, many of these people who get suspended aren't kids. Several are adults who should be able to think clearly and carefully before they act, and show a good example to the children who play the game. From that perspective, I think more serious consequences should be metted out.
                            Fireball116
                            Owner of:
                            BLACKSMITH: public anvil/forge/altar and all smithing recipes
                            WIKIEVENTZ: guide/recipe to all GT events
                            BUYPOTIONS
                            Guild leader BLACKSMITH, ranked top 20 in Spring Clash

                            Comment


                            • Things should be taken on a case by case basis, many factors come into a suspension, many of which are never publicised because reasons for bans are disclosed ONLY to a player themselves, Player A [our example of a banned player] now goes onto Instagram and falsely accuses Growtopia for banning them on false pretext, however, Growtopia then can't argue back, as not only would that require them to reveal the reason for the ban, but it would also be singling them out.

                              It's not easy to determine who gets suspended, but as someone who knows all of these folks who have been suspended on a somewhat personal level, I don't disagree with any of them to date. I've watched many of these players for months, and for Leqend specifically, I believe his suspension should have been done ages ago.

                              I do not wish to place any accusations on him, but Leqend, if you'd like to know what accusations I have of you, as well as the proof, feel free to message me on Instagram. @joshuawongse

                              Being part of the 'resistance' always does sound fun, but it is not necessarily right. While I believe there are many unjust bans that happen occasionally, they are more often than not righted by support. But for players such as Leqend, Zeh, the list goes on, there have been many other instances of rule breaking that went unpunished, and the suspension is just taking all those factors into account.

                              Onto the argument of second-chances, those exist. Just like in real life, most prison sentences have a time to them, maybe 3 months for assault, 6 months for theft, a year for drug possession, with the most heinous crimes being punishable by life sentences. Now the same happens in Growtopia, most people aren't suspended, they are given timed bans based on the severity of their wrongdoing. If you let's say, said a few vulgar words in an SB, you're kicked off for about 2 months, and you'll learn your lesson when you come back.

                              But again, for the most serious crimes in real life, a judge usually says 'life without parole'. Basically, if you're suspended, there is no second chance, you don't get to acknowledge your wrong after knowingly breaking it. I generally don't enjoy standing on the side of Ubisoft, to be completely honest I dislike the entire company as well as the team running this, but generally this idea of some 'rogue out of control' moderation team is just insane.

                              To summarize, you don't deserve a second chance, ever.

                              - - - Updated - - -

                              Originally posted by fireball116 View Post
                              Btw, @Raysia, many of these people who get suspended aren't kids. Several are adults who should be able to think clearly and carefully before they act, and show a good example to the children who play the game. From that perspective, I think more serious consequences should be metted out.
                              That is very true, the people I see suspended, are most often those who are rather well versed with the do's and don'ts. Children, the age of nine, don't have a paypal to sell/buy DLs, they don't understand enough about cheat engine, let alone trainers to hack. They don't even understand how percentages work, and I am expected to believe children are running casinos? They are not, most of the time if they're banned, it's likely for drop games, or SBing vulgars, punishments which are not permanent.
                              IGN: PoseidionYT

                              The worst kind of people are those who put Moderators saying their names in their signature. How pretentious.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bloodwing View Post
                                Things should be taken on a case by case basis, many factors come into a suspension, many of which are never publicised because reasons for bans are disclosed ONLY to a player themselves, Player A [our example of a banned player] now goes onto Instagram and falsely accuses Growtopia for banning them on false pretext, however, Growtopia then can't argue back, as not only would that require them to reveal the reason for the ban, but it would also be singling them out.

                                It's not easy to determine who gets suspended, but as someone who knows all of these folks who have been suspended on a somewhat personal level, I don't disagree with any of them to date. I've watched many of these players for months, and for Leqend specifically, I believe his suspension should have been done ages ago.

                                I do not wish to place any accusations on him, but Leqend, if you'd like to know what accusations I have of you, as well as the proof, feel free to message me on Instagram. @joshuawongse

                                Being part of the 'resistance' always does sound fun, but it is not necessarily right. While I believe there are many unjust bans that happen occasionally, they are more often than not righted by support. But for players such as Leqend, Zeh, the list goes on, there have been many other instances of rule breaking that went unpunished, and the suspension is just taking all those factors into account.

                                Onto the argument of second-chances, those exist. Just like in real life, most prison sentences have a time to them, maybe 3 months for assault, 6 months for theft, a year for drug possession, with the most heinous crimes being punishable by life sentences. Now the same happens in Growtopia, most people aren't suspended, they are given timed bans based on the severity of their wrongdoing. If you let's say, said a few vulgar words in an SB, you're kicked off for about 2 months, and you'll learn your lesson when you come back.

                                But again, for the most serious crimes in real life, a judge usually says 'life without parole'. Basically, if you're suspended, there is no second chance, you don't get to acknowledge your wrong after knowingly breaking it. I generally don't enjoy standing on the side of Ubisoft, to be completely honest I dislike the entire company as well as the team running this, but generally this idea of some 'rogue out of control' moderation team is just insane.

                                To summarize, you don't deserve a second chance, ever.

                                - - - Updated - - -



                                That is very true, the people I see suspended, are most often those who are rather well versed with the do's and don'ts. Children, the age of nine, don't have a paypal to sell/buy DLs, they don't understand enough about cheat engine, let alone trainers to hack. They don't even understand how percentages work, and I am expected to believe children are running casinos? They are not, most of the time if they're banned, it's likely for drop games, or SBing vulgars, punishments which are not permanent.
                                Why would you think that I made this entire poll just to get me unbanned. What do you only focus on the fact that I was banned. Look I dont even care about getting banned. How about focus on other reasons why people got banned. Not a single comment did I mentioned that I want to get unbanned...
                                I
                                IGN- Leqend
                                ----------------------
                                Level 92
                                ----------------------
                                Guild- Company
                                ----------------------
                                Admin BUYGHC/ Main world - LEQEND
                                ----------------------
                                Occupation : Dirt farmer (Thats probably why I am stuck in lvl 92)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X