Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Feedback] Halloween Week + Chat Update (Mobile & PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vandaler View Post
    Why is there [W] or [S] infront of everything and why does the chat look so horrible with the new colors and stuff..

Why did the chat update even happen, how is this benefiting the game? i don't understand.
    It doesn't need to benefit the game because it's just a new UI

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Update

Maybe just maybe let us, The Growtopians voice out our opinions and views on a particular item/thing before releasing it to the public.

Comment

beta used to exist

IGN: R4Z

vv I Provide Services To Most Stuff In Game vv

Comment

Well my first impression on the chat update:

First of all, the size of the textbox is more narrow, the spaces are kinda a waste.

2nd, it has many funcationalities, good, but i think its better to remove everything except custom and all to the box

3rd, it takes more parts of my screen now to check the chat, move where the functions are more visible. Having an ability to disable the bottons would be better if the player has made their customized chats to prevent it from taking too much space. Or just move it somewhere else.

4th, its fine to remove to where things are coming from e.g. [S], or maybe having an abulity to disable that feature too would be nice.

5th, the white bar that appears on the top of the keyboard, thats another thing that takes up my space, its hard to do something with that. (I may get used to it but i barely have space to look on my surroundings.)

Note: this is just my firsh sheesh, will update this if i even wanna
          I love 美波 and ヨルシカ!

I wish I can sing and play like them
          and I'm just your average friend!

Comment

They never open the beta server since the RTsoft era.
            IGN : PhoenixRz
            Level : 95/125
            Instagram : phoenixrz.gt

"Be grateful with whatever you had."

Comment

The buttons for the chat are unnecessarily large. Their height should be close to the actual text and the icons should be smaller. They block up too much text and just look odd.

Additionally, make the chat fill the entirety of the screen horizontally like it used to. Having unused space either side of the chat looks weird; more space for actual chat = better.
              37 World of the Days won.
              4 World Building Competitions placed in.

Comment

Originally posted by EerieGt View Post
                THERES NOTHING GOOD ABOUT THAT WHITE BAR THING IT BELONGS TO HELL
                THEY BELONG TO THE DARKEST, DEEPEST PITS OF HELL!

I really hate it, it covers up the whole screen making me unable to see myself. Im okay withh the new chat system but this white thing turns me off

Comment

Originally posted by JimIzPro View Post
                  It doesn't need to benefit the game because it's just a new UI
                  A terrible UI.

Comment

Originally posted by Cahtster View Post

5th, the white bar that appears on the top of the keyboard, thats another thing that takes up my space, its hard to do something with that. (I may get used to it but i barely have space to look on my surroundings.)
                    This. White. Horrible. Line. Needs. To. Be. Removed!

Comment

I am on android, and i cant press backspace when i type, preventing me from typing new world names and dropping item in to the maw... I LITERALLY CANT DO ANYTHING..

The new UI messed up everything.. Smh gt smh..
                      World Locks are not what make us pro. Is friendliness that make us what we are.

ADD ME ON INSTAGRAM: Exoskies.GT
                      I will add you back

In-Game Name: Exoskies
                      Main world: Exoskies

Comment

new chat UI makes the game look like a kids game
                        and pls change the guildcast/friendcast back to BLUE because GREEN is a NO NO
                        sigpic

Visit My Crime/Bait Shop
                        INK

Comment

Originally posted by Techy View Post
                          The buttons for the chat are unnecessarily large. Their height should be close to the actual text and the icons should be smaller. They block up too much text and just look odd.

Additionally, make the chat fill the entirety of the screen horizontally like it used to. Having unused space either side of the chat looks weird; more space for actual chat = better.
                          IMO move the chat buttons to the left side of the chat box.

Also the people complaining about the white bar... It's kind of useful imo.

---

My Halloween opinions so far: sucks a lot that there aren't new Doompunk items.

I think that the new system for Halloween wasn't properly advertised in /news; that is - not all Growganoth items would be obtainable until a certain souls threshold was reached - similar to Winterfest. Note, I also don't like this new system, I think the parkour world is a nice addition to get a few items not found in Growganoth, but items obtainable from the Maw should NOT be locked behind a soul-wall. It works in Winterfest because the event goes for 2 weeks, but let's leave what makes Winterfest what it is unique! Especially given Winterfest and Halloween occur around the same time of the year.

The difference to Winterfest is we don't know how many tiers for items there are and what those tiers will be. You really should make a world similar to GROWCH, that displays all the items available when they are unlocked.

I'm getting a bit tired of event features lacking information.
                          Last edited by Oldsock (IGN); 10-28-2019, 01:59 PM.
                          GrowID: Oldsock/JudahBowe
                          Instagram: @sockia
                          Discord: Oldsock#0653

Comment

Originally posted by Vandaler View Post
                            A terrible UI.
                            Indeed. It could've looked good but they just made it look more messier. I like the old concept Starkos released before more, however it affects chat colors.

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
                            - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Overoll, I love the new chat system but there is one exact thing that is bugging me lately. It is the white writing space, located above the keyboard; I can't even clearly look at the people whom I am chatting with it for it is blocking a big view.

Might suggest to remove it since it is totally unecesarry for it to be there since the old style of the writing were just in the system screen and not above the keyboard.

Again, this is just a suggestion. This may also concern others.
                              A demon never hides - therefore lurking in the beneath of the abyss, now bow down you puny little mortals!

IGN: Zytran
                              World: ZYTRAN
                              Instagram: @zytran_gt

Comment

Idk if this is related but the Left & Right button on the IPhone XS Max should be shifted to the right more and resized abit smaller. The Left button is far left that I need to bend my thumb uncomfortably to tap it. The Jump and Punch button could be resized abit bigger too
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X