Clear All

• [Feedback] Roots Rebalanced!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Roots-Rebalance-news_banner.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	6717430

Hello Growtopians!

As you could read here, a full rebalance of Roots on Mobile & PC has arrived! Try it out today and let us know what you think!

~ Ayame

Do you have a list of changes?

Comment

Originally posted by unusedname1 View Post
      ^ This is what I also want ^

Jedaki

Comment

I suggest adding the roots to daily quest/role quests: farmer/builder; doing so may balance roots' economy
        Hello

Comment

Would like to see this ^

Comment

As i tested with few Bountiful seeds on soil blocks, it's buffed really a lot. Like 10 Bountiful seed(40 Rarity) level 5(on soil blocks) gave me 1000gems in total, 100gems per soil block in 5 days. It's like getting 20 gems from 1 block per day.

However, i didn't understand the point of this update. It's same as farming but it's give more gems, xp and extra roots at the end. So, I find myself a; Why did you want to make roots better than normal farming while it's same as farming?
            • In my opinion fishing still have a lot of potential to make it good as farming. Maybe when you fishing with new rod<Gem Rod(In the store for 5k gems)>, you will get gems per fish catch. Like 80lbs sandshark will give you 20-25gems. If you can balance it perfectly for each bait, people can fishing for hours with friends for getting gems. I will make a suggestion about it soon.
            Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Battle Royale(PVP) Suggestion!

Comment

Originally posted by GrowPixel View Post
              As i tested with few Bountiful seeds on soil blocks, it's buffed really a lot. Like 10 Bountiful seed(40 Rarity) level 5(on soil blocks) gave me 1000gems in total, 100gems per soil block in 5 days. It's like getting 20 gems from 1 block per day.

However, i didn't understand the point of this update. It's same as farming but it's give more gems, xp and extra roots at the end. So, I find myself a; Why did you want to make roots better than normal farming while it's same as farming?
              • In my opinion fishing still have a lot of potential to make it good as farming. Maybe when you fishing with new rod<Gem Rod(In the store for 5k gems)>, you will get gems per fish catch. Like 80lbs sandshark will give you 20-25gems. If you can balance it perfectly for each bait, people can fishing for hours with friends for getting gems. I will make a suggestion about it soon.
              Thank you for this informative reply. Which Bountiful block did you use?

Comment

As i understand, only amount of Gems from level 5 soil blocks rebalanced.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for this informative reply. Which Bountiful block did you use?
                Bountiful Bamboo Ladder Seed.
                Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Battle Royale(PVP) Suggestion!

Comment

I used BEASTLY's Calculator to compare the gem outcome.
                  Amount of trees: 200
                  Rarity: 40
                  Times farmed: 5
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	47184B96-9B9A-4A37-B9E8-4E02C2485AFC.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	6593588

Comment

An excellent question. Roots shouldn't necessarily be straight-up better than regular farming in all situations. While exact values will vary from crop to crop, Roots should require greater investment and effort to produce greater rewards. If you consider yourself a long-term farmer, you should feel like you hit paydirt on this one.

Why provide a different farming option instead of creating a new gem/xp faucet in another system? Well, we saw a potential gameplay opportunity in farming we wanted to explore. We wanted to see if we could introduce a longer-term, more strategic approach to the activity, offering farmers a different way to find profits than the standard formula. Having multiple ways to play the same system isn't a bad thing, after all - it's a great strength and a testament to Growtopia's farming structure to be able to support different strategies and playstyles. The key, of course, is finding the right balance and investment/reward ratio to make it work without deprecating the current strategy.

This is why we took so long to review it before making a new balancing change - we wanted to make sure it was an informed decision, and we're about to find out if we got it right! Exciting!

Comment

So basically, we are going to farm bountiful items for gems and exp only, not for roots?
                      I find it quite confusing; the original idea was to get roots?
                      Will we get more items makeable with roots? When will the come? Hopefully before the actual roots' prices start to drop massively.
                      honk
                      insta: @limechickengt

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGrowtopiaChicken View Post
                        So basically, we are going to farm bountiful items for gems and exp only, not for roots?
                        I find it quite confusing; the original idea was to get roots?
                        Will we get more items makeable with roots? When will the come? Hopefully before the actual roots' prices start to drop massively.
                        Same question.

Comment

New item? Gem rod

- - - Updated - - -

The pack is not good as ssp
                          Because the 16 types of the seeds are farmable
                          Why dont you make rsp pack
                          Daily Challenge Possibilities : ​
                          https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...vember-10-2020

Comment

I look at lgrid as META before make me think how easy to make wls, now this. Im worried about future. Lowkey want to nerf this. Even though i buy some boutiful now. you know, "Adapt".

Edit: Nvm, i think its balanced. Just there some method that make this actually better.
                            Last edited by TheSamsoed; 11-27-2019, 11:20 PM.
                            IGN : TheSamsoed (lv. 87)
                            Net worth : 71dls
                            Target : 1/16 TM
                            4k/50k gtloomings seed
                            BGL in november ‏‏‎

OK

Comment

Originally posted by Warfreak10 View Post
                              New item? Gem rod

- - - Updated - - -

The pack is not good as ssp
                              Because the 16 types of the seeds are farmable