Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moderator Applications are misleading and should be removed or reserved.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderator Applications are misleading and should be removed or reserved.

**Includes Guardian Application (if in future, Ubisoft's planning on one.)

What is a Moderator Application?
    It is basically consist of multiple different questions that you must answer regarding different topics. Created in Seth's and Hamumu's era, they used to check the Moderator Application, see it as a way to hire new mods. It is usually opens every once in a blue moon and is found in the Gazette.
    - I'm not sure how regularly they check them, and what they are based on, but it is fine.

Why I feel that Mod Appls are misleading?
    I feel that it's misleading to the developers, staffs and the community in actual fact. It is very misleading to the developers as, let's be frank, usually Mod Applications are very inaccurate, children could get help from a senior to further exaggerate their speech. Sure, Mod Applications might sound very formal and fantastic, but is it really catered to the long term development of the game? My answer to you is nope. It is a time waste for developers - since they claim to look through each and every single one of the Applications, and mind me, it's over 10 thousand of them. How much time would you have wasted instead of trying to legitimately make the game better - more community events, more dialogues with growtopians as a community on the game, reading and absorbing feedbacks, coming together as a growtopia staff and talk about what could further improve the game as a whole.

Secondly As you know, the demographic trend of Growtopia is basically towards children, minors. After completing the Moderator Application, their first instinct is going to be like "yey. I've done mod app, HAHA I be mod tmr... u noob". Let's be real, Moderator Application will give them 'False Hope' of being a mod and it just sucks.

Moderator Applications are really toxic - this is probably why it brought so many people in the game in my opinion, they just want power and fame. I'm sick and tired of people asking legit Mods how to be a mod, this just shows how much of a impact, a bad one, the Applications imposed. I'm sick and tired of Mods trying to come up with crazy and bizarre stories just to satisfy that person. It's just unreasonable and sad to say the least. Is this the Growtopia we all want?

Problems it gave
    - Fake Mods Applications
    Random people trying to create fake mod apps just to hack others. Pathetic.
    - A more toxic community
    - A negative desire to gain power and fame

Except!
    I believe the Moderator Applications should just be reserved for persons that Ubisoft finds potential in being a real Moderator. It should signify as a confirmation and it helps amplify the potential that the person has.
    - Ubisoft should PM them the Application with questions on the forums. List all instructions clearly. Not using a website.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Pokekid123; 12-04-2019, 11:21 AM. Reason: Added some points.
    GrowID: PokeNotPoke
    Instagram: @pokenotpoke

I think they should choose specific people, mostly from the forums and let them do the apps before getting trained
    Quit this game already
    I am LightX, call me Light not Elyrion
    Discord: Ash#4444
    Pet Rock Server : yeah I removed the invite stop joining the dead server there's no point

We require Peace and Tranquility

Comment

Originally posted by Elyrion View Post
      I think they should choose specific people, mostly from the forums and let them do the apps before getting trained
      That's why I said that Mod Appls are reserved for specific people - typically the ones Ubi finds potential in being a good mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokekid123 View Post
        That's why I said that Mod Appls are reserved for specific people - typically the ones Ubi finds potential in being a good mod.
        I think I repeated your words then... oops
        Quit this game already
        I am LightX, call me Light not Elyrion
        Discord: Ash#4444
        Pet Rock Server : yeah I removed the invite stop joining the dead server there's no point

We require Peace and Tranquility

Comment

They should really pick the older accounts tbh. Since the older accounts have more experience with the game
          IGN:YandereDemon
          Originally posted by Phanton
          I like your profile picture it's so cuteeee
          Been wanting to say it for a long time, finally decided to tell you today
          sigpic
          ヽ༼ಠ_ಠ༽ノ
          Originally posted by DavidDoesPBG
          That Mexican pepper thingie

10 chars

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikecats View Post
            They should really pick the older accounts tbh. Since the older accounts have more experience with the game
            Not necessarily. Attitude and personality are key to a good mod.

Don't get me wrong knowledge is also important...

Comment

Not necessarily. Attitude and personality are key to a good mod.

Don't get me wrong knowledge is also important...
              Oh I know. I use to mod on a app. They removed me and others for doing our job properly while the ones they keeped are bribed by the owners of the app.
              IGN:YandereDemon
              Originally posted by Phanton
              I like your profile picture it's so cuteeee
              Been wanting to say it for a long time, finally decided to tell you today
              sigpic
              ヽ༼ಠ_ಠ༽ノ
              Originally posted by DavidDoesPBG
              That Mexican pepper thingie

10 chars

Comment

What’s the purpose in this? If they believe somebody has the potential to be a mod they can simply check their logs, posts, watch them in-game...the stuff they have been doing for years now. Honestly I feel like giving specific people a mod application is counter-intuitive, and would cause them to gain a false sense of hope, and on top of that could possibly be abused.

Comment

Originally posted by LyveWyre View Post
                  What’s the purpose in this? If they believe somebody has the potential to be a mod they can simply check their logs, posts, watch them in-game...the stuff they have been doing for years now. Honestly I feel like giving specific people a mod application is counter-intuitive, and would cause them to gain a false sense of hope, and on top of that could possibly be abused.
                  It’ll be taken as a confirmation if he/she wants to be a moderator as well as finding out the person’s personality type if he/she would work well together with other moderators. Yes, it could be abused, but mind me, it’s for potential players - players that have been closely watched by staffs. It will be very clear then if he/she is abusing the mod apps, since everybody’s writing style is distinct and different.

Comment

Good thing they'll be doing Guardian Applications instead of Mod Applications this time!
                    GrowID: Oldsock/JudahBowe
                    Instagram: @sockia
                    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Comment

Originally posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
                      Good thing they'll be doing Guardian Applications instead of Mod Applications this time!
                      It’s not officially announced or released yet. Lol. I hope not though.

Furthermore, Guardians or Moderators, they are entitled to one entity - The Moderation Team. I’m really against basically applications that claims to gain you power and fame if you are suited for it. My points are listed above.

Comment

And what i can't stop thinking is, is it actually right thing to do, to hire underage kids for free while their main job is school? And are they actually ready for work in age of 13? And when they get this position in young age and they start fail in school, who takes responsibility of that? How can big company use kids as a workers?

Comment

Originally posted by QueenChloe View Post
                          And what i can't stop thinking is, is it actually right thing to do, to hire underage kids for free while their main job is school? And are they actually ready for work in age of 13? And when they get this position in young age and they start fail in school, who takes responsibility of that? How can big company use kids as a workers?
                          Get this right, this is totally voluntary nothing to do about underaged kids lol

Comment

I mean the thing is, moderator applications are the key to finding the right person. If they pick specific people, what's the use - and if they failed the test, that will give them false hope. Moderator applications can find people who are hidden in the shadows but still able to help other people. We don't want people who originally help people secretly go wild and try to show everyone that he's helping - that's just so immoral.
                            Unofficial Growtopia Trailer 4 below!

In-Game Name: Viju
                            Administrator at Growtopia Wikia since April 4, 2020
                            Discord Tag: Viju#7557
                            IG: @viju_gt

Comment

Developers are not wasting their times on reading applications, definitely somebody's doing but, pretty sure that's not a developer. So there won't be delay on updates and doesn't have any connection between updates.

Everybody gets hyped at some point, however it doesn't stay forever and you'll be either happy or sad after it gets resulted. Not a big deal.

Fake mod applications was there ever since 2015 (?), it might lead spreading though, but I don't think it's being announced caused that.

I don't see how it caused to "-A more toxic community".

As it's been told that Guardian is the entry point to the moderation team, that means nobody'll get to mod status in all of sudden without seeing how they perform during their Guardianship status.

Originally posted by QueenChloe View Post
                              I don't think we have anybody under age of 15 in moderation team, at least. However if they pick the right people for the job, I don't see any cons of it as ShadowSURFER as an example picked while he was 13 and did good job while his moderatorship.
                              Forumers Guild: BETA GUILD

Comment

Working...
                              X