So Many People Getting Hacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Many People Getting Hacked

Not sure if anyone's made a thread similar to this but- Why are so many people getting hacked lately? I've heard of 3 people who have been hacked in the last 24hrs. What's going on..? Are we even safe anymore? I believe all 3 had aap on too.
    -
    Here's what you should do:
    Just to be safe, you should record a video of your gt character with all your valuable items (Wearing or tapping in the inventory) while doing /time. That way if you ever do get hacked, you have evidence that you owned those items. Make sure AAP is enabled! I don't think the support team can help you if it's not enabled! Buy those password safe vaults. Who knows, they may actually help in keeping your items safe while you're offline, or even playing, atleast for the time being. Put them in your most valuable worlds, as they make the world untradable. Take a video of all your worlds when you wrench yourself too, just in case. Also, it may be a good idea to change your password now- both GrowID & the email you use with it. [Be careful though, if there's even a slight possibility that you've been keylogged, do not do this & instead, take a look at your device for any signs of keylogging].
    -
    What Now?
    Just stay safe everyone. Hopefully there's an explanation for these people getting hacked in such a similar time frame. Take extreme caution when clicking suspicious links & downloading files. Do whatever you possibly can on your account to keep your items & account safe.
    Last edited by NekoWolf; 12-15-2019, 01:53 PM. Reason: Checked- Worlds with Safe Vaults cannot be traded!
    hi i like dragons and dyn

note: I AM a FEMALE

-
    Instagram: @mistrella.gt

Originally posted by NekoWolf View Post
    Make sure AAP I'd enabled!
    this.. are you sure those 3 ppl has that enabled?
    GenSEAF
    Graphic Designer

Discord: GENSEAF#1544
    Portfolio (Instagram): @seafxiv
    I can give tips for designing if you like, just contact me. (And when I have time)
    Software used: Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC

Comment

I smashed my hard disk and had to get a new one so I'm virus free *dabs in depression*

Just a side note tho. Alot of people should also activate 2FA on their emails aswell and add a phone number (for SMS or call confirmation that it's actually you that just logged in) also for extra security of it.
      sigpic

IGN: EpicGamer27
      Level: 78/125

This site saves lives when it comes to trading. Check it out!
      https://growstocks.xyz/

Comment

Originally posted by GEN View Post
        this.. are you sure those 3 ppl has that enabled?
        I'm pretty sure atleast 2/3 of them had it.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Superparty View Post
        I smashed my hard disk and had to get a new one so I'm virus free *dabs in depression*

Just a side note tho. Alot of people should also activate 2FA on their emails aswell and add a phone number (for SMS or call confirmation that it's actually you that just logged in) also for extra security of it.
        Yeah, do this. Your email is FAR more valuable information than your Growtopia account.

-

Comment

Originally posted by NekoWolf View Post
          Not sure if anyone's made a thread similar to this but- Why are so many people getting hacked lately? I've heard of 3 people who have been hacked in the last 24hrs. What's going on..? Are we even safe anymore? I believe all 3 had aap on too.
          I think these players don't know how to secure their personal informations. Just don't click any links on growtopia forum/websites, Don't give your password to anyone, don't play private servers. if you don't do these things, you are safe.. Just don't...
          Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Battle Royale(PVP) Suggestion!

Comment

Originally posted by GrowPixel View Post
            I think these players don't know how to secure their personal informations. Just don't click any links on growtopia forum/websites, Don't give your password to anyone, don't play private servers. if you don't do these things, you are safe.. Just don't...
            Entho did that and he still got hacked
            Originally posted by Jedaki;n6926758
            suddenly when a youtuber gets hacked/scammed, the logs magically appear

Comment

Originally posted by Crunchyy View Post
              Entho did that and he still got hacked
              tbh at some point, I met someone who said out in public (to the world) my previous password and GrowID. Also the email I'm currently using.
              It's scary on what they can do.
              GenSEAF
              Graphic Designer

Discord: GENSEAF#1544
              Portfolio (Instagram): @seafxiv
              I can give tips for designing if you like, just contact me. (And when I have time)
              Software used: Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC

Comment

tbh at some point, I met someone who said out in public (to the world) my previous password and GrowID. Also the email I'm currently using.
                Holy heck thats terrible

Comment

That's my worst fear when seeing a hacker in any game. The ability to get all your information in ways alot of us don't understand.
                  sigpic

IGN: EpicGamer27
                  Level: 78/125

This site saves lives when it comes to trading. Check it out!
                  https://growstocks.xyz/

Comment

I change my passwords every few months from email to games to Fb so wont get hacked. Mostly cause I tend to forget it
                    IGN:YandereDemon
                    Originally posted by Phanton
                    I like your profile picture it's so cuteeee
                    Been wanting to say it for a long time, finally decided to tell you today
                    sigpic
                    ヽ༼ಠ_ಠ༽ノ
                    Originally posted by DavidDoesPBG
                    That Mexican pepper thingie

10 chars

Comment

bumperino

-

Comment

I accidently clicked on a disguised link in the Growtopia Wiki and now I'm worried.
                        BOTTOM TEXT

Comment

Originally posted by NotSeedTopian View Post
                          I accidently clicked on a disguised link in the Growtopia Wiki and now I'm worried.
                          Ooen ur antivirus and check if you downloaded a keylogger

Comment

Originally posted by Crunchyy View Post
                            Ooen ur antivirus and check if you downloaded a keylogger
                            I'm using Linux so I don't have antivirus. Not because I think Linux is completely immune to viruses, but because I can't find any reasonable ones.

Anyway I think the person who put the link just wanted to advertise his webpage cuz the website the link leaded to is something like an Indonesian version of lifehacker.com
                            BOTTOM TEXT

Comment

Originally posted by NotSeedTopian View Post
                              I'm using Linux so I don't have antivirus. Not because I think Linux is completely immune to viruses, but because I can't find any reasonable ones.

Anyway I think the person who put the link just wanted to advertise his webpage cuz the website the link leaded to is something like an Indonesian version of lifehacker.com
                              If thats the case, just keep looking for a good antivirus.
                              Lets hope thats his intention

Comment

Working...
                              X