Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Growtopia lost popularity after Current token System!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by GrowPixel View Post
    That's why i said give 14 days nuke&ban powers to Guardians... Also after 14days ban, players will learn his mistake and he won't do it again (My some of friends built fake parkour worlds in the past, after they got banned, they stopped doing that)...
    Not everyone wants to change.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by QueenChloe View Post
      Or maybe, game was new and exiting and got players while it is now old and kids say it's sooooooo last season or it is soooooooo year 2017 or even sooooo year 2015 that they get bullied at school it their friends would know that they play gt. I bet, this has nothing to do with tokens. And if we think players today, who are toxic scammers, what do you think, would happen if ubi would allow scammers to start get ez tokens by making fake game worlds, fake giveaways and what's best, csn can have honors too so csn host could earn even more. I say, in current growtopia, free tokens from ppl who visit world would be worst possible idea ever. It's so bad that i could even start thinking about quitting if they would allow something so stupid happen.

      So yeah. I have kids, and i know why kids wont play. I have heard reasons and reason is that it is embarrassing. There is always trends and today's trend is not growtopia. Same with fortnite rn. If kid admit that he plays it, all laugh for him. So question is not about tokens, questions is: how to make this game be trendy again in kids mind? How make it not embarrassing? How to change their minds so big that they start think that it's cool to be gt player?
      Me and my kids all started June 2013. I’m the only one left who plays. I play very little bit now, but they stopped all together.
      sigpic
      Started game June 2013 and Forums August 2013
      Old IGN and forum name Ngreenwood74
      Created NASDAQ with my good friend Queenburt
      IGN: Gooseneck Level: 100
      Hours Played: 10,000
      Punched:25.5 million times!
      Guild: Slaves

      Comment


      • #18
        Eh

        Good effort, but not the main reason chief :/
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Everyone who says this isn’t the reason clearly doesn’t know anything about the game at all. One thing I’d like to point out is on September 2016, the number of players online skyrocketed only because ThinkNoodles played it on his channel. Thus attracting new players in for a while. So this part of the chart is inaccurate but the rest are.

          The first Token system change in 2016 affected a lot of players but majority still kept going because of the rating system making it possible for worlds to earn tokens. After the 2nd change, that’s the end for every world Builders. I’m not talking about those WOTD builders or parkour builders, I meant EVERY builders such as Shop worlds, mini-game worlds and so on. This change discouraged a lot of players such as myself to stop building. Adding on to that, the increase of Broadcast Price made it even more unappealing for players to build worlds.

          As a shop world builder myself, I love the idea of opening a shop because we get to trade our things for something else other than wls. That’s one of the main point of the game, trading. But due to this change and the increasing price of broadcasts, it’s not worth my time and effort to open Or even build one.

          If you ask me, I’d rather take the old token system any day. Yes there’ll be more scam worlds but it’s a small sacrafice in compared to the decreasing amount of players every month. No system is perfect.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Okay boomer let's dance
            Originally posted by Yasuo
            *Hasagi*
            Originally posted by AlsoYasuo
            *Soryegadon*

            Comment


            • #21
              The playerbase was starting to go down even before the growtoken change but it definely did not help. I do not think changing it back would change much sadly as the playerbase already lost the players who hated the change. Maybe some players would come back but majority wouldn't.

              Jedaki

              Comment


              • #22
                That is one of many factors. But if you wanna talk about the old token system they should fix the game's coding first because no matter what update they come up with, there will be abuse and exploit waiting. If I'm correct the game itself is made by Proton SDK (Seth's game engine) and it is outdated and very easy to hack. Growtopia is still a .exe since when it launches, why not put it in Steam and maybe install BattlEye. If the game cannot be hacked it will open doors to many possibilities since we don't have to worry about hacker and bots. I personally like the old token system than the current one because it makes world-building have meaning and reason, I know about scam minigame and parkour but I think it worth it because it makes Growtopia feels alive again. People will put more time in the game and it will be less boring.

                Yeah and how about Growtopia 2. Just like what Runescape did to their game. If it has so many problems and stuff why not make a new version (solution to art styles like what you said in that thread, outdate game UI and other things)(no idea why they put Growtopia on consoles and now it a ghost town)
                sigpic



                IGN:Supermarine

                Comment


                • #23
                  While all the growtoken systems have been flawed I don’t think the changes made to it were even a major contributor to Growtopia’s decreasing popularity. 2016 was simply the natural peak of its popularity. It’s important to note that 2017 was when Ubisoft took over Growtopia, and in spite of their attempts at marketing the game the situation has not improved. People who are just getting into Growtopia wouldn’t know about Growtokens (and besides, the game’s popularity was rising just fine before they were even added before 2014), older players started leaving, decreasing word of mouth, and newer players got more easily overwhelmed the more stuff was added.

                  Also, rather than revert to the original growtoken system, which started the trend for scam worlds, maybe suggest something entirely new. There was a reason it was changed, after all.
                  Originally posted by Megazork
                  But bro, why does a middle-aged man working at a carnival need 14 fishnet stockings?

                  - Avatar by Oscur

                  GrowID: Krazynewb

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by RaySia View Post
                    Everyone who says this isn’t the reason clearly doesn’t know anything about the game at all. One thing I’d like to point out is on September 2016, the number of players online skyrocketed only because ThinkNoodles played it on his channel. Thus attracting new players in for a while. So this part of the chart is inaccurate but the rest are.

                    The first Token system change in 2016 affected a lot of players but majority still kept going because of the rating system making it possible for worlds to earn tokens. After the 2nd change, that’s the end for every world Builders. I’m not talking about those WOTD builders or parkour builders, I meant EVERY builders such as Shop worlds, mini-game worlds and so on. This change discouraged a lot of players such as myself to stop building. Adding on to that, the increase of Broadcast Price made it even more unappealing for players to build worlds.

                    As a shop world builder myself, I love the idea of opening a shop because we get to trade our things for something else other than wls. That’s one of the main point of the game, trading. But due to this change and the increasing price of broadcasts, it’s not worth my time and effort to open Or even build one.

                    If you ask me, I’d rather take the old token system any day. Yes there’ll be more scam worlds but it’s a small sacrafice in compared to the decreasing amount of players every month. No system is perfect.
                    Ppl have changed. I can bet all my dls that taking old system back wont a. Give more honest players b. help us in any way. What we would get is only scammers and scammers and more scammers. Honest ppl wont get anything cause ppl have worlds where they hang out, they doesn't come in ur world if you wont host giveaways. As we see, ppl build amazing parkours for wotd and guess what, no players in there, cause current players doesn't like parkours. I'm sure that all todays scams and hacks were possible back in 2014 but ppl didn't do that cause they were different than now days gt players. So nothing, absolutely nothing can bring your old times back. Just like in real life. I can tell that life was easier and funnier back in 1995, cause there was no smartphones, there was internet but i didn't have it, there was no social media. But if we take smartphones now away, that doesn't make world as nice place as it was back in 1995. Cause we have changed. I would hate every day without net and smartphone. So while in memories all seems better than now days, it's only cause time makes old days feel better. It's illusion not reality.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      It’s many factors, but the change to the token system (+other things that lead to the end of social world types) are honestly a big factor.

                      The game has changed drastically. There is almost no reason to play the game if you don’t have in game friends, and actually making friends became harder ever since the token system made tons of world types die out.

                      Parkour worlds are pretty much gone. There used to be parkours that would refresh prizes Everyday to make players come back and even if the prize was not good it was relatively fun. Nowadays parkour worlds are completely dead.

                      “Role play” worlds, even if they may have been pretty cringey at times, were where I made majority of my old friends in game. The countless high school worlds, police/robber worlds, Gt general hospital etc. The only one that still has activity and really the only active social world that isn’t a trade one is LOVE.

                      Even those scam worlds with impossible puzzles and password door scams at least got people talking to each other.

                      All the social “fun” aspects of the game are gone, and what remains are trade worlds as the only real way to socialise. And even then, items like the royal lock and billboard contribute to less interaction too.

                      With all the fun social worlds gone the game feels much more dead, and if you take time and look at differences it makes sense why the game is getting less popular. All parkour worlds empty, only worlds with people are buy worlds + seeds and buyghc, and BFG worlds.

                      But maybe I’m just a gt boomer or something and people nowadays find fun in standing in trade worlds looking for profits.
                      hello

                      Grossout event items are underrated, eyes on stalks are a masterpiece.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        If you would make parkour world with prize, you know that hackers comes and steal all prizes, so that is the reason why there is no parkours with prize. Same with race giveaways. So in old gold days there was no hackers i assume, or if was, then much less, cause now days, it is not possible to make parkour with real active prize, cause i don't want give free wls to cheaters.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by QueenChloe View Post
                          If you would make parkour world with prize, you know that hackers comes and steal all prizes, so that is the reason why there is no parkours with prize. Same with race giveaways. So in old gold days there was no hackers.
                          i think you kinda forgot old days, Amateurz, sethmumu, wall hack. Currently there is way less hackers in-game. Also it’s not a problem about Old token system.
                          Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

                          My Last Suggestion; Battle Royale(PVP) Suggestion!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            How about a 100 Growtokens "Token Mine" it will work like the old token system but the max amount you can earn a day is 2 Growtokens. Only 1 can be placed in each world, or you can only buy 1 from the shop; untradable.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by QueenChloe View Post
                              Ppl have changed. I can bet all my dls that taking old system back wont a. Give more honest players b. help us in any way. What we would get is only scammers and scammers and more scammers. Honest ppl wont get anything cause ppl have worlds where they hang out, they doesn't come in ur world if you wont host giveaways. As we see, ppl build amazing parkours for wotd and guess what, no players in there, cause current players doesn't like parkours. I'm sure that all todays scams and hacks were possible back in 2014 but ppl didn't do that cause they were different than now days gt players. So nothing, absolutely nothing can bring your old times back. Just like in real life. I can tell that life was easier and funnier back in 1995, cause there was no smartphones, there was internet but i didn't have it, there was no social media. But if we take smartphones now away, that doesn't make world as nice place as it was back in 1995. Cause we have changed. I would hate every day without net and smartphone. So while in memories all seems better than now days, it's only cause time makes old days feel better. It's illusion not reality.
                              I never said anything about wanting to bring back old times, I know how evolution works. What I meant was the change of token system affected how everyone play this game.


                              You know why current players don’t like parkours anymore? Because now, players don’t build anything besides parkour, it gets boring overtime. What else is there to enjoy besides parkour worlds? Nothing, because nobody’s motivated to build various different worlds anymore. Even spleef worlds don’t run more than a day. These kind of worlds die out and are left abandoned after the first day because it’s not worth it. The old token system was the main reason why everyone love building worlds. As soon as they announced the change, I already knew I won’t be staying for long and I was right.

                              Adding on to that, I also never mention anything about bringing back the old system would bring big changes. It’s too late for that now. With the increase of broadcasting price, nobody would find it worth it to advertise their worlds.

                              Before you come back with that “Time’s change” nonsense, please take the time to actually digest what people have to say. And just so you know, having a bunch of friends hang out in your world for an hour is enough to earn a single token. No need for giveaways and what not.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Tokens are not the central currency of this game - world locks are.
                                GrowID: Oldsock/JudahBowe
                                Instagram: @sockia
                                Discord: Oldsock#0653

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X