Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Store-Wars |January 2020 Update

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    This is what I hope this is. A marketplace essentially.
    An auction house would also be neat tho.
    I would be a bit disappointed if a marketplace were instilled. It would essentially kill what is left of the already damaged social aspect of this game. An auction house in the style of a marketplace would be a less damaging system that would stimulate the economy.

    Marketplaces would be the death to trade worlds, whether it be for the better or the worse. Sure, nobody would suffer the pains of muted trade worlds anymore, but we’d lose what is pretty much the last little grain of social aspect that this game has.
    Nobody comes without mistakes or flaws;
    it's what you make of them
    that shapes who you are.


    #LeastKnownForumerOver1kPosts

    Wanna talk? Send me a PM!
    IGN: Immaculate

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Immaculate View Post
      I would be a bit disappointed if a marketplace were instilled. It would essentially kill what is left of the already damaged social aspect of this game.

      Marketplaces would be the death to trade worlds, whether it be for the better or the worse. Sure, nobody would suffer the pains of muted trade worlds anymore, but we’d lose what is pretty much the last little grain of social aspect that this game has.
      definitely!
      Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

      My Last Suggestion; Battle Royale(PVP) Suggestion!

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Immaculate View Post
        I would be a bit disappointed if a marketplace were instilled. It would essentially kill what is left of the already damaged social aspect of this game. An auction house in the style of a marketplace would be a less damaging system that would stimulate the economy.

        Marketplaces would be the death to trade worlds, whether it be for the better or the worse. Sure, nobody would suffer the pains of muted trade worlds anymore, but we’d lose what is pretty much the last little grain of social aspect that this game has.
        Eh, frankly I wouldn't go to trading if I wanted to socialise. Even now, I just search through BUY/SELL worlds until I find one that has a public board and find what I want from there. If it's a popular item, then just silently exchange items/wls with one of the traders, maybe a "ty" and that's about it. A marketplace would just save time of searching through countless worlds until I find what I'm looking for at a reasonable price. If I want to socialise, I'll go chat with my friends, or visit a social world, not a trade world. Trading has never been about socialising, it's been about the exchange of goods.
        hi I'm dyn and I love mistie 💘
        IGN: Dynnie
        Discord: Dynnie#3475

        Avatar by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! ❤️

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
          Eh, frankly I wouldn't go to trading if I wanted to socialise. Even now, I just search through BUY/SELL worlds until I find one that has a public board and find what I want from there. If it's a popular item, then just silently exchange items/wls with one of the traders, maybe a "ty" and that's about it. A marketplace would just save time of searching through countless worlds until I find what I'm looking for at a reasonable price. If I want to socialise, I'll go chat with my friends, or visit a social world, not a trade world. Trading has never been about socialising, it's been about the exchange of goods.
          agreed, I don't get people who don't want a market system because it would ruin trading socializing, trading isn't a place where you would make friends, heck most of the people in trade worlds just laugh at me and call me a noob.
          Professional thread killer

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Craftyisheretohelp View Post
            agreed, I don't get people who don't want a market system because it would ruin trading socializing, trading isn't a place where you would make friends, heck most of the people in trade worlds just laugh at me and call me a noob.
            You guys do realise that the only thing that is currently keeping GT alive is buy+/sell+ worlds right?
            IGN: Law



            My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

            "Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

            Comment


            • #36
              WHAT!!! new vending machines, I might start playing again if this is something useful.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Law_Growtopia View Post
                You guys do realise that the only thing that is currently keeping GT alive is buy+/sell+ worlds right?
                If the update contains a marketplace, then buy+/sell+ worlds are not going to keep GT alive because people wouldn't go to them. Now the players would have more time to sosialize. I support adding a marketplace even though I own some buy+ worlds. (before u say im flexing the worlds r near trash i only earn like couple wls total from all of them a day)

                Jedaki

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Jedaki View Post
                  If the update contains a marketplace, then buy+/sell+ worlds are not going to keep GT alive because people wouldn't go to them. Now the players would have more time to sosialize. I support adding a marketplace even though I own some buy+ worlds. (before u say im flexing the worlds r near trash i only earn like couple wls total from all of them a day)
                  I'm not talking about the profits they give lol. What I'm saying is, just like like everyone who's hoarding magplants/rayamans, some are actually doing that with buy+/sell+ worlds. A lot of players are into worlds business where they buy cheap and sell for more. This is the only reason why GT is actually alive. Also, if they were to kill the buy+ worlds, then around 60% of gt (40+% of the 60% are old players) would definitely quit (including me since I've buy+ worth around 30bgl)
                  IGN: Law



                  My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

                  "Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Law_Growtopia View Post
                    I'm not talking about the profits they give lol. What I'm saying is, just like like everyone who's hoarding magplants/rayamans, some are actually doing that with buy+/sell+ worlds. A lot of players are into worlds business where they buy cheap and sell for more. This is the only reason why GT is actually alive. Also, if they were to kill the buy+ worlds, then around 60% of gt (40+% of the 60% are old players) would definitely quit (including me since I've buy+ worth around 30bgl)
                    I wouldn't want to deny innovation to protect the value of a bunch of world's just because of the names of the world. It's an economic game and just like at one point those world's gained a bunch of value at some point those world's could potentially lose that value. That is the nature of economics.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
                      I wouldn't want to deny innovation to protect the value of a bunch of world's just because of the names of the world. It's an economic game and just like at one point those world's gained a bunch of value at some point those world's could potentially lose that value. That is the nature of economics.
                      I wouldn't want people who have never tried owning a world (or are jealous) to be a part of this. If you think it's fair for someone to lose 30+bgl in an instant while doing nothing wrong then sure, I wouldn't mind watching gt lose 60% of it's active players. You see, a lot of people who don't want buy+ worlds or whatever are because they're mainly poor. "It's an economic game" -> it's not btw lol but it has been made into one (3-4 years ago)
                      IGN: Law



                      My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

                      "Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Interesting :0


                        Oh my God lemme update ksksksksksksksk

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Rimuoi View Post
                          Lemme install Gt back
                          Now comeback, you quitter!

                          I'm so GLAM,
                          I sweat GLITTER.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Law_Growtopia View Post
                            I wouldn't want people who have never tried owning a world (or are jealous) to be a part of this. If you think it's fair for someone to lose 30+bgl in an instant while doing nothing wrong then sure, I wouldn't mind watching gt lose 60% of it's active players. You see, a lot of people who don't want buy+ worlds or whatever are because they're mainly poor. "It's an economic game" -> it's not btw lol but it has been made into one (3-4 years ago)
                            You say it's not an economic game but then stress the value of losing blue gem locks. Oh it's only had economic for 3 or 4 years, barley an economic game in Growtopia.

                            No I'm not jealous and I have nothing against Buy+ world's because as of right now they are efficient. I just don't think the value of those world's should be guaranteed. Nothing should be guaranteed because if it was those world's would of never gained value when they had none.

                            If people bought something with the idea it will maintain that value forever and it's guaranteed I would think that is sort of a foolish mindset to have. I don't want to deny innovation to offer guarantee.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
                              You say it's not an economic game but then stress the value of losing blue gem locks. Oh it's only had economic for 3 or 4 years, barley an economic game in Growtopia.

                              No I'm not jealous and I have nothing against Buy+ world's because as of right now they are efficient. I just don't think the value of those world's should be guaranteed. Nothing should be guaranteed because if it was those world's would of never gained value when they had none.

                              If people bought something with the idea it will maintain that value forever and it's guaranteed I would think that is sort of a foolish mindset to have. I don't want to deny innovation to offer guarantee.
                              Again, that's the only reason why GT is still alive
                              IGN: Law



                              My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

                              "Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Law_Growtopia View Post
                                Again, that's the only reason why GT is still alive
                                I don't think it is a Market place type update. I think it's just a different kind of vending. I think incorporating a type of market place would take a lot of work developing. Most of us are wishful thinking. I wouldn't want a market place to hurt other players. I want it only to make my life easier when searching to buy or sell.

                                That being said I don't think it's happening. Just be aware that someday it could happen and people shouldn't put all thier eggs in one basket.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X