Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will new update destroy growtopia as we know it ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • will new update destroy growtopia as we know it ?

    well i dont think they will release marketplace .

    they will rather release buy vends (u can set to buy items)

    this was highly requested item many times on sugestion subforum .

    and they will maybe release vends that works with small big and huge locks .



    they would never ever release marketplace becouse it would destroy gt .
    it would destroy economy totaly . some items will rise to 100 dl as magplants and exp items coz people with enough dls can simply buy off all cheap ones
    it would destroy point of building buy+worlds . (wich noobs like to build, i know we all builded a trade world when we were nubs)
    where will people hang out and have fun + talk if u shut down all buy worlds


    Not going to happen .

    (well if they do ..... my best worlds would be unharmed (buybfg geigerhill geigerfarm )...

    edit:
    + ubisoft would rather have u stand in a world 6 hours and play and trade and make u search for an item for few hours . than for u to put item on marketplace and go offline .
    ign: V3K1

  • #2
    Originally posted by buyb View Post
    well i dont think they will release marketplace .

    they will rather release buy vends (u can set to buy items)

    this was highly requested item many times on sugestion subforum .

    and they will maybe release vends that works with small big and huge locks .



    they would never ever release marketplace becouse it would destroy gt .
    it would destroy economy totaly . some items will rise to 100 dl as magplants and exp items coz people with enough dls can simply buy off all cheap ones
    it would destroy point of building buy+worlds . (wich noobs like to build, i know we all builded a trade world when we were nubs)
    where will people hang out and have fun + talk if u shut down all buy worlds


    Not going to happen .

    (well if they do ..... my best worlds would be unharmed (buybfg geigerhill geigerfarm )...
    FALSE!!! Nothing will rise to unexpected prices. Supply/demand will do its thing and that's it. You probably own a couple of worlds and that's why you are in denial.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CarSurf View Post
      FALSE!!! Nothing will rise to unexpected prices. Supply/demand will do its thing and that's it. You probably own a couple of worlds and that's why you are in denial.
      Double false.

      Supply demand has nothing to do with it.

      1st from the point of view of buy+world owners. It will literally destroy the most expensive aspect of the game. These worlds easily go for more than 200dls each which is allot. And it's not like only 5 people own them. Rarities and prices range as well as the owners, it's a huge aspect of the game and it will be a fatal hit if the marketplace is to be released.

      2nd from the point of view of the average player.
      Trade profiting (buy cheap sell for more as you may know it) will cease to exist. It will not be a viable method of profiting anymore as there will be no concept of limit nor strategy. The cheapest price will always win and people will compete for who can sell their items first by lowering and lowering the price of them.

      Then there are many other reasons why it would be a bad desicion to implement this feature but im gonna keep it short as this I believe covers it.
      IGN:EerieGt


      Contact me via Dm on Instagram: EerieGt

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by EerieGt View Post
        Double false.

        Supply demand has nothing to do with it.

        1st from the point of view of buy+world owners. It will literally destroy the most expensive aspect of the game. These worlds easily go for more than 200dls each which is allot. And it's not like only 5 people own them. Rarities and prices range as well as the owners, it's a huge aspect of the game and it will be a fatal hit if the marketplace is to be released.

        2nd from the point of view of the average player.
        Trade profiting (buy cheap sell for more as you may know it) will cease to exist. It will not be a viable method of profiting anymore as there will be no concept of limit nor strategy. The cheapest price will always win and people will compete for who can sell their items first by lowering and lowering the price of them.

        Then there are many other reasons why it would be a bad desicion to implement this feature but im gonna keep it short as this I believe covers it.
        1. Supply/demand has everything to do with it that's how economies work (basic finance) its how we determine prices of everything and a marketplace will reveal the real price of all of these items
        2.The developers did not guarantee that buy+ worlds won't be obsolete so that's that.
        3.Buy low / sell high can still work. And competition is what people really need not monopolies.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CarSurf View Post
          1. Supply/demand has everything to do with it that's how economies work (basic finance) its how we determine prices of everything and a marketplace will reveal the real price of all of these items
          2.The developers did not guarantee that buy+ worlds won't be obsolete so that's that.
          3.Buy low / sell high can still work. And competition is what people really need not monopolies.
          1. Stop trying to compare basic free-market principles in real life to that of a game, they're not the same.
          2. Sorry, I don't understand your second point.
          3. Buying low and selling high will cease to exist because you're not going to be competing against the people in your current world, not the people online, but the entire global population itself.
          [Tryhards] - Guild Level 6




          Click for bad videos...



          IGN: IHasName

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by buyb View Post
            well i dont think they will release marketplace .

            they will rather release buy vends (u can set to buy items)

            this was highly requested item many times on sugestion subforum .

            and they will maybe release vends that works with small big and huge locks .



            they would never ever release marketplace becouse it would destroy gt .
            it would destroy economy totaly . some items will rise to 100 dl as magplants and exp items coz people with enough dls can simply buy off all cheap ones
            it would destroy point of building buy+worlds . (wich noobs like to build, i know we all builded a trade world when we were nubs)
            where will people hang out and have fun + talk if u shut down all buy worlds


            Not going to happen .

            (well if they do ..... my best worlds would be unharmed (buybfg geigerhill geigerfarm )...

            edit:
            + ubisoft would rather have u stand in a world 6 hours and play and trade and make u search for an item for few hours . than for u to put item on marketplace and go offline .
            Shut up already, nothing is going to happen. It's all rumors.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by EerieGt View Post
              Double false.

              Supply demand has nothing to do with it.

              1st from the point of view of buy+world owners. It will literally destroy the most expensive aspect of the game. These worlds easily go for more than 200dls each which is allot. And it's not like only 5 people own them. Rarities and prices range as well as the owners, it's a huge aspect of the game and it will be a fatal hit if the marketplace is to be released. The entire investment is made upon thinking buy+ will always be the most efficient way so Im not surprised people fear something better that people can turn to will come along.

              2nd from the point of view of the average player.
              Trade profiting (buy cheap sell for more as you may know it) will cease to exist. It will not be a viable method of profiting anymore as there will be no concept of limit nor strategy. The cheapest price will always win and people will compete for who can sell their items first by lowering and lowering the price of them.

              Then there are many other reasons why it would be a bad desicion to implement this feature but im gonna keep it short as this I believe covers it.
              I agree with your first point that a Market Place would eliminate the need to ever use a Buy+ world. That most likely will effect the value of these world's. What people don't want to accept is that just because somebody paid a lot for something doesn't mean it will always retain it's value or the game should not introduce a market place because people decided to spend a lot just because a world has a name. Every player risks something they buy losing it's value. The game shouldn't go out of it's way to protect your investments. You deal with potential loss and gain just like everyone.

              This leads to people making weak arguments to validate thier investment is protected and they are clearly biased twords the importance of Buy+ worlds and the dangers of a market place.

              The truth that I have always beaten other prices, sold out quick and have those same players that made a profit return looking to buy more. Pointing out problems that already exist and blaming them on something that doesn't exist doesn't mean that thing caused those problems.

              If people are afraid to compete and enjoy making wls because thier supply is more visible I understand that. Just wish people wouldn't turn it in to something it isn't. The truth is that you don't want people to easily find the best price and forced to settle on what's most visible.

              You act like people can't buy up the cheapest supply to sell it for more just because of a more transparent market. You really can't say that for sure.

              You think everyone is going to trip over themselves dropping prices just to sell something faster. You don't think there is a point people won't go any lower because it's a loss?

              Comment


              • #8
                nothing can't destroy growtopia unless apple store out of business and google play store going bankrupt and out of business.

                just chill, appreciate what devs give you.
                ”Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the Secret of Success"

                Instagram:mylocationgt
                Youtube:mylocationgt
                Discord:mylocation#8770


                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Nope growtopia won't be destroyed if this happens... Only buy+ owners will be, I'm glad I just invested In that field a few days ago, Welp guys time to go bankrupt.

                  IGN : CaribbeanJr
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If i rmb correctly, 2015 didnt have buy+ world and we seem pretty much alive.

                    And 90% of the talk in buy+ are "lol noob"

                    IGN: R4Z

                    vv I Provide Services To Most Stuff In Game vv

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Voxel_Z View Post
                      Shut up already, nothing is going to happen. It's all rumors.
                      Freedom of speech. You can't do that, that's illegal.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X