New PvP Card Battle Pre-Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PvP Card Battle Pre-Rant

Yep we've reached that point boiz, time to complain about something that doesn't even exist yet.

Alright, I swear this is going to be an update introducing something completely new to the game again, instead of trying to improve on the dying pet battle update or even crime cards, its a card battle game??? It's not like you guys are out of sprites to introduce to the game. All those previous updates with pets and none of them have had any abilities that came with them. I promise to you guys, a juicy follow-up update to previous updates will be INFINITELY better than some kind of new "mini-game" that introduces a few new expensive items that disappear within the first week of release.

I myself am not an avid pet battler but even I can tell that it is seriously lacking in any new combinations. Not only is pet battling a great world lock sink to combat the inflation in-game, but it provides an alternative end-game for more experienced players, including great youtube content that rewards dedicated players. I know I'm going off track but what when was the last time someone said "Wow, that Spelunkorama update was so exciting, I was so happy to be apart of it". Not a single soul, the majority of us all just went to youtube, watched a 10-minute video riddled with ads, said cool, and moved on.

Now compare that to the pet battle update, it had us all excited, everyone was talking about it, it even still pops up here on forums now and again. Maybe you guys don't want to dedicate a team to solely balancing a single update for the rest of the game's life, but you guys are introducing PvP card-battling? Wanna know what comes with a card-game? You guessed it, bAlAnCiNg (ooooOOOoooHHhh, sooo scaaarryy). By doing this are you guys confirming the death of pet battling or just introducing another pointless update to the game and just wasting time?

Not just that but there's more. Based off of Growtopia's past, I doubt that Growtopia has a good enough UI to make a serious card battle update. I myself have had my fair share of card games and from experience, I have a decent knowledge of what makes a card game good and why some of them just die. Either the game power-creeps too much or a more realistic problem for this game, boredom. Now back to looking at Growtopia's past with new minigames, this new update is most likely just going to be a wall of text as its "gameplay". Go do crime-fighting, surgery, or startopia and tell me that's entertaining. I just highly doubt that this new update will be any different.

Then again, this could all be proven wrong and I could be a complete idiot but until then, I stand by my case. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk
    [Tryhards] - Guild Level 6

Click for bad videos...

IGN: IHasName

Originally posted by IHasName View Post
    Yep we've reached that point boiz, time to complain about something that doesn't even exist yet.

Alright, I swear this is going to be an update introducing something completely new to the game again, instead of trying to improve on the dying pet battle update or even crime cards, its a card battle game??? It's not like you guys are out of sprites to introduce to the game. All those previous updates with pets and none of them have had any abilities that came with them. I promise to you guys, a juicy follow-up update to previous updates will be INFINITELY better than some kind of new "mini-game" that introduces a few new expensive items that disappear within the first week of release.

I myself am not an avid pet battler but even I can tell that it is seriously lacking in any new combinations. Not only is pet battling a great world lock sink to combat the inflation in-game, but it provides an alternative end-game for more experienced players, including great youtube content that rewards dedicated players. I know I'm going off track but what when was the last time someone said "Wow, that Spelunkorama update was so exciting, I was so happy to be apart of it". Not a single soul, the majority of us all just went to youtube, watched a 10-minute video riddled with ads, said cool, and moved on.

Now compare that to the pet battle update, it had us all excited, everyone was talking about it, it even still pops up here on forums now and again. Maybe you guys don't want to dedicate a team to solely balancing a single update for the rest of the game's life, but you guys are introducing PvP card-battling? Wanna know what comes with a card-game? You guessed it, bAlAnCiNg (ooooOOOoooHHhh, sooo scaaarryy). By doing this are you guys confirming the death of pet battling or just introducing another pointless update to the game and just wasting time?

Not just that but there's more. Based off of Growtopia's past, I doubt that Growtopia has a good enough UI to make a serious card battle update. I myself have had my fair share of card games and from experience, I have a decent knowledge of what makes a card game good and why some of them just die. Either the game power-creeps too much or a more realistic problem for this game, boredom. Now back to looking at Growtopia's past with new minigames, this new update is most likely just going to be a wall of text as its "gameplay". Go do crime-fighting, surgery, or startopia and tell me that's entertaining. I just highly doubt that this new update will be any different.

Then again, this could all be proven wrong and I could be a complete idiot but until then, I stand by my case. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk
    Could u just sum it up for me like in 300 words or so then I'll make an informed opinion
    Not sure why I'm back but I'm back
    IGN: Deno855
    TRUE OG
    Level: 71
    Gems: 352k / 1mil
    WLS: Who even cares its the effort
    Instagram: @deno855_gt

Comment

Originally posted by Deno855 View Post
      Could u just sum it up for me like in 300 words or so then I'll make an informed opinion
      I gotchu

1. Why introduce new game mechanic when there's a dying one aka pet battle. Why not improve it? A good follow up update to another one is way better than adding new mini game (card battle) that introduces a few new expensive items that disappear within the first week of release.

2. Pet battle is lacking new combos. Pet battle is fun and a great world lock sink to combat the inflation in-game. Also when was the last time someone said "WOW that was such a exciting update! I was so happy to be able to experience it!" No one. Most of us watch 10 minute video filled with ads and say, wow cool, and move on

3. Compare it to the pet battle update. It had us all talking about it and pops up here and now. Why not make a team that'll solely balance pet battle and make it more enjoyable but you wanted to make a new card game? When there's a card game there's also balancing. Doing this mean you're confirming the death of pet battle and making a pointless update that you won't update or waste our time.

(I didn't really get #3)

4. I doubt growtopia has good gui for card game. I know what makes a card game good and what makes a card game die. Either the game will power-creep - (adding new and powerful cards, making the old ones useless) Or boredom. Back to growtopia's past, it probably gonna be a "wall of text" game examples - surgery,startopia, and crime

I hope i did it correctly
      IGN: SolLex

random stuff at ROOBIX

Comment

Originally posted by IHasName View Post

Not really worth updating those things because players would only be interested for about a week or so and then start getting bored. However, by adding a new update (something new), players would be engaged for months.
        IGN: Law

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

"Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

Comment

i don't quite understand why is everyone so interested in updating the pet battles, lol. There are different things you can do with pet battles, PvP and tournament..
          Also you can win hundreds of thousands of world locks by competing in a tournament and winning the first place.
          There is no need for a pet battle revamp/update

Originally posted by Law_Growtopia View Post
          Not really worth updating those things because players would only be interested for about a week or so and then start getting bored. However, by adding a new update (something new), players would be engaged for months.
          also, a thing i believed i would never say, but i agree with law.
          Make your opinion heard! Make a Tier List of cosmetic IOTMs to help me gather data! Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGrowtopiaChicken View Post
            i don't quite understand why is everyone so interested in updating the pet battles, lol. There are different things you can do with pet battles, PvP and tournament..
            Also you can win hundreds of thousands of world locks by competing in a tournament and winning the first place.

also, a thing i believed i would never say, but i agree with law.

Maybe my point came accross wierd. My entire point was, "look you made something good. Why not build on that?"

I never said anything about a revamp?
            [Tryhards] - Guild Level 6

Click for bad videos...

IGN: IHasName

Comment

Pet Battle Uprising.

Cue "Reborn" by Yuzo Koshiro even though it is completely out of context, but the song's overall theme is still cool and fitting enough to people that are returning to pet battling

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by RandomGrowtopiaChicken View Post
              Slightly off topic but I just needed to address this:

Tournament literally needs you to:

1. Use uncompetitive and repetitive strats in order for you to not have hell in participating.
              2. Snipe people in order for you to advance (i.e. specifically targeting people that don't counter you/you can counter easily, which is controversial, unethical, and isn't what A TOURNAMENT is supposed to be about.)

Not to mention, the metagame is fairly overcentralizing, moves like Spit Mud and Dryad has its large share of being broken, cancid is everywhere, even Hamumu had a bad feeling when adding the 5% buff to soaring (which, holy arceus, he's right, since it's overly abused by people and overly RNG), and that's just one part.

And you still think a revamp isn't needed?
              (apologies for the rant, I can't think of a better and more impactful way to convey this.)
              This is Sumo. He's just a random level 72 Growtopian.

That's it. What else d'you wanna know?

Comment

Yes try it out so you can see the problems of pet battling. I personally see now why tournament and pet battling have alot of flaws
                Originally posted by Yasuo
                *Hasagi*
                Originally posted by AlsoYasuo
                *Soryegadon*

Comment

they'll eventually fix it man...

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
                  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Crime has been neglected just as much as pet battle, so if they make this with the old crime cards and is a meaningful addition different from pet battle it's fine.
                    LURD

Comment

Originally posted by JimIzPro View Post
                      they'll eventually fix it man...
                      but when tho..
                      IGN: MadMewMew

Master đŸ’©poster

Comment

I'll just be blunt.
                        I doubt the devs have a deep enough understanding of pet battles to be able to properly judge and therefore balance the minigame, so anything they'd do wouldn't be satisfactory. Even AAA games struggle balancing their core mechanics. Growtopia has like dozens of those. It's a game about quantity over quality (which I am not a fan of either, but here we are).
                        A new minigame on the other hand - granted it's not as hellishly expensive as startopia and surgery - might actually interest people.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLixx View Post
                          I'll just be blunt.
                          I doubt the devs have a deep enough understanding of pet battles to be able to properly judge and therefore balance the minigame, so anything they'd do wouldn't be satisfactory. Even AAA games struggle balancing their core mechanics. Growtopia has like dozens of those. It's a game about quantity over quality (which I am not a fan of either, but here we are).
                          A new minigame on the other hand - granted it's not as hellishly expensive as startopia and surgery - might actually interest people.
                          Sabaei is already fairly familiar with the metagame (even he knows there is something wrong with the metagame), Odric is starting to introduce himself into the scene with the aid of Explorate, and Misthios moderates the tournament.

Now all we are missing are our voices, and with their assistance and our insights, we can fix it once and for all.
                          This is Sumo. He's just a random level 72 Growtopian.

That's it. What else d'you wanna know?

Comment

Originally posted by Kfbun View Post
                            but when tho..
                            that's the question we don't have an answer to yet

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
                            - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by LURD View Post
                              Crime has been neglected just as much as pet battle, so if they make this with the old crime cards and is a meaningful addition different from pet battle it's fine.
                              Precisely.

Moreover, it is much MUCH cheaper to get into Crime than it is to get into Pet Battling, hopefully this update keeps it that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X