• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IHasName
    replied
    Originally posted by Sabaei View Post
    1v1 my ~2016 Magic decks?

Also as Odric mentioned, try funneling all these ideas into Suggestion threads!
    Quick, someone make a suggestion thread.

Leave a comment:

• Sabaei
    replied
    Originally posted by Odric View Post
    I think leaning in heavy on Pet Battles is a crazy good idea. I'm a huuuuuge Pokemon fan, used to compete in tournaments and almost made it to VGC a couple of times. I'm also huge into world building. I think integrating Pet Battles and World Building could put Growtopia in a very interesting market space as a world-building pet battle simulator. The depth of character customization and outfits outweighs anything competitors have as well.

... at the same time, I'm a huge card game fan. I've been playing Magic the Gathering for 15+ years and have also competed at National levels - it's where my name "Odric" is from. My favorite board games are deck builders, and some of my fav games are Roguelike/deck builders (Slay the Spire, Monster Train, Guild of Dungeoneering). I recently started playing Pokemon TCG for the GameBoy again, lol. Very excited to see what this brings.
    1v1 my ~2016 Magic decks?

Also as Odric mentioned, try funneling all these ideas into Suggestion threads!

Leave a comment:

• Spyroboy
    replied
    I was hoping this would end with "marry it." Would've made me laugh.

The best way to see a change like this is to get as much talk as possible. If you have the passion, start a thread in the Suggestion Box and gather all the ideas! From new abilities to balancing current ones, be as detailed as possible. Get as many people as possible to join the talk. That way I can show the devs how much you all like it!
    Thing is we kinda did this already. We had 2 polls (One a month or 2 ago and one back in November i believe) and Neko saw both, they both asked the most wanted update on a feature and pet battles won both times/had the most votes.

They know about the issues tournament has (atleast I'm pretty sure it was forwarded) but nothing yet.

I asked why we didn't get abilities and Starkos said all at once and its one the list just later + they don't want to do balancing since they don't want to ruin the meta of freeze and stop cooldowns.

Leave a comment:

• Odric
    replied
    Originally posted by Spyroboy View Post
    If you like pet battles so much why dont you
    I was hoping this would end with "marry it." Would've made me laugh.

Originally posted by Spyroboy View Post
    go tell ubisoft's devs for us to make an update for it and add new abilties since we haven't gotten any for like 2 years
    The best way to see a change like this is to get as much talk as possible. If you have the passion, start a thread in the Suggestion Box and gather all the ideas! From new abilities to balancing current ones, be as detailed as possible. Get as many people as possible to join the talk. That way I can show the devs how much you all like it!

Leave a comment:

• Spyroboy
    replied
    I think leaning in heavy on Pet Battles is a crazy good idea. I'm a huuuuuge Pokemon fan, used to compete in tournaments and almost made it to VGC a couple of times. I'm also huge into world building. I think integrating Pet Battles and World Building could put Growtopia in a very interesting market space as a world-building pet battle simulator. The depth of character customization and outfits outweighs anything competitors have as well.

... at the same time, I'm a huge card game fan. I've been playing Magic the Gathering for 15+ years and have also competed at National levels - it's where my name "Odric" is from. My favorite board games are deck builders, and some of my fav games are Roguelike/deck builders (Slay the Spire, Monster Train, Guild of Dungeoneering). I recently started playing Pokemon TCG for the GameBoy again, lol. Very excited to see what this brings.
    If you like pet battles so much why dont you go tell ubisoft's devs for us to make an update for it and add new abilties since we haven't gotten any for like 2 years

Leave a comment:

• Odric
    replied
    Originally posted by Sabaei View Post
    Mate I love Pet Battles, absolute beaut feature.

Leave a comment:

• Sabaei
    replied
    Originally posted by Sumotravis30 View Post
    Sabaei is already fairly familiar with the metagame (even he knows there is something wrong with the metagame), Odric is starting to introduce himself into the scene with the aid of Explorate, and Misthios moderates the tournament.

Now all we are missing are our voices, and with their assistance and our insights, we can fix it once and for all.
    Mate I love Pet Battles, absolute beaut feature.

Leave a comment:

• Craftyisheretohelp
    replied
    You just seem to judge this new update because it's about card battles and not pet battles. I think it's a bit unfair to just judge it for that. Yes pet battles are being neglected, but you can't just blame this specific update for that, there are tons of other updates you could have blamed for pet battles not getting an update. As for balancing, I'm a bit worried about that tbh, idk if they're gonna be balancing it like they should

Leave a comment:

• Moi
    replied
    Originally posted by LURD View Post
    Crime has been neglected just as much as pet battle, so if they make this with the old crime cards and is a meaningful addition different from pet battle it's fine.
    Precisely.

Moreover, it is much MUCH cheaper to get into Crime than it is to get into Pet Battling, hopefully this update keeps it that way.

Leave a comment:

• JimIzPro
    replied
    Originally posted by Kfbun View Post
    but when tho..
    that's the question we don't have an answer to yet

Leave a comment:

• Sumotravis30
    replied
    Originally posted by DeLixx View Post
    I'll just be blunt.
    I doubt the devs have a deep enough understanding of pet battles to be able to properly judge and therefore balance the minigame, so anything they'd do wouldn't be satisfactory. Even AAA games struggle balancing their core mechanics. Growtopia has like dozens of those. It's a game about quantity over quality (which I am not a fan of either, but here we are).
    A new minigame on the other hand - granted it's not as hellishly expensive as startopia and surgery - might actually interest people.
    Sabaei is already fairly familiar with the metagame (even he knows there is something wrong with the metagame), Odric is starting to introduce himself into the scene with the aid of Explorate, and Misthios moderates the tournament.

Now all we are missing are our voices, and with their assistance and our insights, we can fix it once and for all.

Leave a comment:

• DeLixx
    replied
    I'll just be blunt.
    I doubt the devs have a deep enough understanding of pet battles to be able to properly judge and therefore balance the minigame, so anything they'd do wouldn't be satisfactory. Even AAA games struggle balancing their core mechanics. Growtopia has like dozens of those. It's a game about quantity over quality (which I am not a fan of either, but here we are).
    A new minigame on the other hand - granted it's not as hellishly expensive as startopia and surgery - might actually interest people.

Leave a comment:

• Kfbun
    replied
    Originally posted by JimIzPro View Post
    they'll eventually fix it man...
    but when tho..

Leave a comment:

• LURD
    replied
    Crime has been neglected just as much as pet battle, so if they make this with the old crime cards and is a meaningful addition different from pet battle it's fine.

Leave a comment:

• JimIzPro
    replied
    they'll eventually fix it man...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X