This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Recheh View Post
    There will be no way that they’ll lower the age limit from 16 to 15 or 14 and because of one thing and that’s NDA. Pretty much you are chosen to become a moderator you have to sign a NDA which a 14 nor 15 year old can’t do.

Personally even if there was no agreement it should be minimum 16 anyway since a 14 nor 15 year old is where you should think of yourself and devote your time on yourself because that’s the time where you’re progressing in life. No 14 nor 15 year old should have a responsobility such high as moderating a huge game like this (No matter how mature and responsible they may seem)

But it all doesn’t matter anyway because moderators have to sign a NDA that a person under 16 years of age can’t legally do. (That’s why a lot of places like paypal also don’t allow people under 18 years of age to use their platform since if you sign up for it you also technically sign a contract with Paypal)
    Hey Recheh! Thanks for sharing your opinion. As I stated in the original post, young people legally can sign contracts. An example of this is young actors. Even if that’s not enough, co-signing exists, in which a responsible adult signs the contract as well as the young person, so this shouldn’t be a problem. Regarding your statement about devoting time to yourself when you’re young, in my opinion the Guardian role covers it, since it’s basically a light-weight moderator job. You still have time to do other stuff (in fact, moderators, as far as we know, do have time to do other stuff. It doesn’t take an entire day to moderate), and from there you decide if, given you were asked to become a moderator, you’d like to take the job more seriously (that doesn’t mean the Guardian job isn’t serious, don’t get me wrong).

Comment

Originally posted by John S. View Post
      Hey Recheh! Thanks for sharing your opinion. As I stated in the original post, young people legally can sign contracts. An example of this is young actors. Even if that’s not enough, co-signing exists, in which a responsible adult signs the contract as well as the young person, so this shouldn’t be a problem. Regarding your statement about devoting time to yourself when you’re young, in my opinion the Guardian role covers it, since it’s basically a light-weight moderator job. You still have time to do other stuff (in fact, moderators, as far as we know, do have time to do other stuff. It doesn’t take an entire day to moderate), and from there you decide if, given you were asked to become a moderator, you’d like to take the job more seriously (that doesn’t mean the Guardian job isn’t serious, don’t get me wrong).
      Don't you see a problem here though? a third party person has to sign a contract with Ubisoft (which means that the adult is the person that has to take responsibility for the persons actions and not the "guardian" itself).

Don't get me wrong though, I'm pretty sure there is a very good reason as to why the age limit is 16 and not 15 or 14, I mean probably whatever I say right now You will somehow slither Your way out of it and justify it, but like.... You gotta face it man, just accept it's 16. Maybe it's just for a better good. Take it from a Ubisoft perspective, they have to somehow also get a parent involved in this which is just more work and hussle? I mean like, I believe there's not a loss either when I say that there's probably A LOT A LOT A LOT of applications anyway even if the 15 nor 14 year olds don't apply.

Also the whole point of a guardian is to train them to become a moderator. that's the whole point, it's not a lighter rank in any form, all guardians are "to become moderators" if they don't fail that is.

Wait untill you're 16 and then apply. Good Luck
      Contact me on Discord: Recheh#0001
      Console Growtopia Discord Server
      https://discord.gg/TkGayKu

Comment

Originally posted by Recheh View Post
        Don't you see a problem here though? a third party person has to sign a contract with Ubisoft (which means that the adult is the person that has to take responsibility for the persons actions and not the "guardian" itself).

Don't get me wrong though, I'm pretty sure there is a very good reason as to why the age limit is 16 and not 15 or 14, I mean probably whatever I say right now You will somehow slither Your way out of it and justify it, but like.... You gotta face it man, just accept it's 16. Maybe it's just for a better good. Take it from a Ubisoft perspective, they have to somehow also get a parent involved in this which is just more work and hussle? I mean like, I believe there's not a loss either when I say that there's probably A LOT A LOT A LOT of applications anyway even if the 15 nor 14 year olds don't apply.

Also the whole point of a guardian is to train them to become a moderator. that's the whole point, it's not a lighter rank in any form, all guardians are "to become moderators" if they don't fail that is.

Wait untill you're 16 and then apply. Good Luck
        While a third party person can co-sign a contract (which in Ubisoft’s side wouldn’t be a hassle nor a major time consumer), I stated it as a last resort method of getting Ubisoft to accept people below 16. As I said in my original post, 14+ year olds can sign a contract by themselves. After all, Ubisoft would only make them sign contracts if they really want them as a Guardian. It’s not like 14 year olds would overtake the Guardian spots. They would even then be the minority. And yes, there are a lot of 16+ year olds applicants, but would you rather pick quantity over quality? Trust me, there probably are plenty of worthy people below 16 that want to apply. It’s a win-win. Ubisoft gets more worthy applicants and the player gets to become a Guardian.

Comment

While a third party person can co-sign a contract (which in Ubisoft’s side wouldn’t be a hassle nor a major time consumer), I stated it as a last resort method of getting Ubisoft to accept people below 16. As I said in my original post, 14+ year olds can sign a contract by themselves. After all, Ubisoft would only make them sign contracts if they really want them as a Guardian. It’s not like 14 year olds would overtake the Guardian spots. They would even then be the minority. And yes, there are a lot of 16+ year olds applicants, but would you rather pick quantity over quality? Trust me, there probably are plenty of worthy people below 16 that want to apply. It’s a win-win. Ubisoft gets more worthy applicants and the player gets to become a Guardian.
          Let me ask you a question John, why do you think there’s a minimum age requirement for a person to legally obtain a driver’s license? Or in some cases, it’s prohibited within a country’s regulations for individuals to purchase/own a pet unless they meet a certain age... why do you think the law would set such thing? We both know that there are loads of people under the age of (let’s say 18) who are capable of driving normally without any obstacles, just like others who are above the required age (or even better), same goes with purchasing/owning a pet, I’ve seen a lot of youngsters whom I‘d personally qualify to purchase a pet without any doubts in their caring abilities or maturity... but why? Why would the country set a minimum age for such things?
          If you managed to successfully reason out why the law would set age regulations on certain things, then you’ve also managed to answer your own question... which is somehow as follows;
          —> “Why is there an age limit for recruiting guardians? I’m pretty sure there are players under the age of 16 who are responsible, mature and would carry out the job successfully”
          About me...?
          Chill person, Loves hanging out... Wether it’s in real life or in Gt.
          Hobbies:
          -Watching Soccer;
          -Hoping onto Gt with my spare time;
          -Chess lover (if you think you’re smart enough to beat me in chess, Pm me you won’t Last long)

Comment

Originally posted by Zivalla View Post
            Let me ask you a question John, why do you think there’s a minimum age requirement for a person to legally obtain a driver’s license? Or in some cases, it’s prohibited within a country’s regulations for individuals to purchase/own a pet unless they meet a certain age... why do you think the law would set such thing? We both know that there are loads of people under the age of (let’s say 18) who are capable of driving normally without any obstacles, just like others who are above the required age (or even better), same goes with purchasing/owning a pet, I’ve seen a lot of youngsters whom I‘d personally qualify to purchase a pet without any doubts in their caring abilities or maturity... but why? Why would the country set a minimum age for such things?
            If you managed to successfully reason out why the law would set age regulations on certain things, then you’ve also managed to answer your own question... which is somehow as follows;
            —> “Why is there an age limit for recruiting guardians? I’m pretty sure there are players under the age of 16 who are responsible, mature and would carry out the job successfully”
            Very well said.

Overall it’s just best if the user is over the age of 16, since generally then the person is old and mature enough (or well 80% of 16 and up), it differs from the 14 and 15 though the number is far more smaller, 14 nor 15 year olds tend not to be that mature nor responsible or ready to take such a task.

You could also say a 9 year old might be responsible and mature enough to be a guardian but well you know yourself....

Comment

Stop fighting for a small age problem now let's say 15-18 is good because the person can take the responsibility for his actions (troll) please stop arguing about something small. lol
              Support my account protection idea here

Instagram: Creators.Gt

Comment

Well, I’ve got to agree with Recheh. Very well said. However, these laws are different in every county. Some countries allow 16 year olds to drive, some only allow 18 or even 21. In my opinion, there’s a range where you can flexibilize, just like every country does. There’s no universal rule to it, it really just depends on the country and a tad bit of common sense. Of course you won’t allow 9 year olds to drive, but you could set the limit to 16, 18 or even 21 year olds. Now we come to Ubisoft. If what I said was right, we can flexibilize a little. If there are multiple benefits to it, why not do so? Sure, we can’t go as far as 8-9 year olds, for example. But maybe we can flexibilize to 14 or 15, it wouldn’t be a huge difference.
                Last edited by John S.; 06-21-2020, 01:25 AM. Reason: Grammar correction

Comment

Well, I’ve got to agree with Recheh. Very well said. However, these laws are different in every county. Some countries allow 16 year olds to drive, some only allow 18 or even 21. In my opinion, there’s a range where you can flexibilize, just like every country does. There’s no universal rule to it, it really just depends on the country and a tad bit of common sense. Of course you won’t allow 9 year olds to drive, but you could set the limit to 16, 18 or even 21 year olds. Now we come to Ubisoft. If I said was right, we can flexibilize a little. If there are multiple benefits to it, why not do so? Sure, we can’t go as far as 8-9 year olds, for example. But maybe we can flexibilize to 14 or 15, it wouldn’t be a huge difference.
                  That is a slippery slope. Because the argument you propose is that there is merit in considering good applications from young players that could prospectively yield a great benefit to the game, and that the criteria for being a good moderator are not restricted by age, this can be applied to any age, even as young as eight years old. If that is not the argument, and you are claiming that there is just reasoning for age restriction on things, then you are admitting that there are certain merits that come with age that allow one to handle certain tasks better. Being “flexible” on the age range falls in a grey area when the argument is pretty black and white.

The problem with modifying age restrictions is that a majority of people have to agree that nearly all people from that age demographic can handle the privilege they are being granted. The privilege I find most comparable is having a part-time job. There are people that can handle it; there are people that cannot. There is low potentiality for disaster at a corporate level, but there is potential for things like pilfering and poor personability (thus, ruining customer experience) to occur. It can be argued that younger people can handle a part-time job, especially if it is not labor-intensive, but the age restriction in most states is still fifteen. Why? No one is willing to go any lower.

Another major benefit of a higher age restriction is expediency, especially with the age demographic this game is targeted toward. Lowering the age by even a year would increase the applications by a significant number. There is no dearth in fitting applicants, and reviewing substantially more applications for people equally qualified does not seem efficacious at all.

There just is not really strong argument on lowering the age that could convince anyone over the age of sixteen to get on-board. We are not really “missing out” on anything we cannot find with an older age group.
                  Originally posted by tson
                  *** concentrated yeast hell no i didnt eat that ****
                  Just finished transcribing this…deliberating on whether or not to adapt it into Growtopia.
                  The answer is yes and at NOTE63.

Contact Info:

Comment

Originally posted by Ohlid View Post
                    That is a slippery slope. Because the argument you propose is that there is merit in considering good applications from young players that could prospectively yield a great benefit to the game, and that the criteria for being a good moderator are not restricted by age, this can be applied to any age, even as young as eight years old. If that is not the argument, and you are claiming that there is just reasoning for age restriction on things, then you are admitting that there are certain merits that come with age that allow one to handle certain tasks better. Being “flexible” on the age range falls in a grey area when the argument is pretty black and white.

The problem with modifying age restrictions is that a majority of people have to agree that nearly all people from that age demographic can handle the privilege they are being granted. The privilege I find most comparable is having a part-time job. There are people that can handle it; there are people that cannot. There is low potentiality for disaster at a corporate level, but there is potential for things like pilfering and poor personability (thus, ruining customer experience) to occur. It can be argued that younger people can handle a part-time job, especially if it is not labor-intensive, but the age restriction in most states is still fifteen. Why? No one is willing to go any lower.

Another major benefit of a higher age restriction is expediency, especially with the age demographic this game is targeted toward. Lowering the age by even a year would increase the applications by a significant number. There is no dearth in fitting applicants, and reviewing substantially more applications for people equally qualified does not seem efficacious at all.

There just is not really strong argument on lowering the age that could convince anyone over the age of sixteen to get on-board. We are not really “missing out” on anything we cannot find with an older age group.
                    Yea, it's the other way around, Ubisoft'll waste more time sifting through unqualified applications
                    IGN: Demystify
                    Rare worlds at DEMYSTLIST.

Essayist.
                    Protecting the interests of the upperclass since 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by CzeGamer View Post
                      Infact they should raise it to 18, we DO NOT want 14 year olds moderating the game NO MATTER what, hate me however you want but that is the truth.
                      I completely agree with you. So young people might not understand every situation that is happening and do false "bans / reports".. this could lead in to horrible things in Growtopia..

Click image for larger version

Name:	signature.png
Views:	4
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	6605270

Comment

Originally posted by Ohlid View Post

Well, I didn’t really explain very well, my bad. By “flexible” I mean that, yes there are merits that come with age, however it really is different for everyone. People don’t get mature in a certain age. Everyone is different, and this should be taken in account. Also, Ubisoft was, in my point of view, underestimating younger people (with that I mean they are capable for the job, in most cases). Regarding to comparing the Guardian role to a part-time job, in my opinion, isn’t very accurate. Yes, it is a big responsibility, but not as big and strict as a part-time job (do note I’m stating Guardians, not mods), and don’t get me wrong, I know it is a heavy and strict job, but I’ll give the benefit of the doubt to you since we don’t really know how strict the Guardian job is. My point is that, yes, not all 14 year olds can handle it, but some can, as you said. Ubisoft will only pick the best applicants. Let’s suppose there are 20.000 applicants and 5 get picked. That’s 1 for every 4,000 applicants. It’s really strict and they will only pick the best of the best. About getting more applicants, in my opinion, is a good maneuver. If they’re still looking for people who have a certain personality (as Hamumu stated, the “special sauce”), you’d need to have something so specific that it might get hard to find since nearly all applicants above 16 were already examined. Opening the application to younger people would bring more possible people with that “special sauce”.

Comment

“It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person” ~Bill Murray

^^^ This sums up the whole situation... believe it or not, I’m actually ashamed from the fact that I lowered my prestige just to have an argument with an ignorant person on his ground...
                          You seem to have the capability to go further on with a useless argument, which again, reflects much about you and your mindset...

Anyways, I’m ending this discussion from my side, by apologizing for both you and the OP, since I may have drifted the course of this thread’s main topic... which might have caused some inconvenience... but don’t you think for a second there, that I’m some sort of retreating or something, Say what you wish of me, but for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer...
                          Trust me when I say that I could literally go further on with the pointless discussion we’re having till my life comes to an end... everyone could do so...
                          But, a clever move would be to step back, and leave the whole space for the dog to keep barking for as long as he wishes to.

“I’m not at loss for a response, but rather, it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs”

Pretty useful quotes which helps in describing you fully, from bottom to top...

I’m going to sign off for now,
                          A reminder not to consider this it to be a victory, rather it is a big loss for you... replying again would do nothing in your favor expect from further proving my judgemental views on you right... (pretty sure this fella is going to reply again anyways, although I’m clearly closing the subject, Expecting that from him... <— {mark my words}... but if somehow a miracle drops and he doesn’t reply... Well that’s good for him)

(N By the way, It seems like you fell in love with the term “spoon feed”, didn’t you? and the fact that you just copied it from me and still managed to misspell it is quite funny...)
                          LOL. You didn’t even counter the main argument and just include a fallacy by making a quote.
                          Why in earth will they recruit player support if their staff isn’t enough. Your main argument already fall down. but smart move. Keep using other topic to cover it up. Thank you for teaching me a nice way to “win” when you already realize that what you are saying are nonsense
                          I Agree this is going nowhere. Well partly because I can’t possibly persuade someone who is narcissistic and egoistic and prefer to use personal attacks. Good luck to you.there is even no counter to my arguments in your reply here. Just same big ol’ fallacies

You are saying it’s an opinion, now you are saying win and lose. Clearly half of the things are said just bullcr*p. Don’t even say you don’t mind if someone’s doesn’t agree with you because CLEARLY you do. Sure continue slapping those kind of argument, it isn’t my problem. Continue to live thinking you are always right lol.

Victory or not is really not my issue here. Again it’s an opinion.
                          I hope you realize that in this conversation that half of things you said, are not being practice. Well that not my problem anymore. Also thank you for describing yourself with your quote. It’s really funny, though it might be best if you add a quote about your ego there. yes this is the kind of attack you are making. Instead of focusing on arguments you simply attack the person directly, although most of the attack you made describe you

Anyway I’m not replying with you anymore since you’ll just ignore the argument and go straight attacking person with several kind of nonsense. Sure take this one as a “win”. Doesn’t harm me in anyway and it seems you badly need it.
                          anyway I’m already lose here since I stoop down to attacking the person instead of argument in hope I could make the person realize the level of “argument” he/she is using. But it seems it can’t be done and I can’t take to further use personal attacks. Maybe I’ll reply again if you provide some interesting real argument, if not then have a nice day.
                          Last edited by Mr. Nobody; 06-21-2020, 09:53 AM.
                          Sell Secret of Growtopia at BARTERS, left of white door 60/wl.

Buying any surgical tools 20/wl(Assorted are accepted). Message me

Comment

I'm just gonna step in here again real quick..
                            John, they could just as easily wait a few years to apply, why is this an issue?
                            Every year there would be new applicants because kids are growing up and birthdays happen everyday.
                            If Ubisoft wants the limit to be 16, then so be it.
                            It's really not that hard to wait.

Plus, they would mature over time and show their experience through engaging in the community.
                            IGN: Gesine
                            Level: 63
                            Forumer Since: Sept. 5, 2014.

----------------------------------------
                            Support: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/games/5847?platform=9

Comment

Originally posted by gesine View Post
                              I'm just gonna step in here again real quick..
                              John, they could just as easily wait a few years to apply, why is this an issue?
                              Every year there would be new applicants because kids are growing up and birthdays happen everyday.
                              If Ubisoft wants the limit to be 16, then so be it.
                              It's really not that hard to wait.

Plus, they would mature over time and show their experience through engaging in the community.
                              Hello there! Yes, they could easily wait some time to apply. The problem is, they will often quit. Let me explain. Most players are in the range of 8 and 12 year olds. I’m taking a guess based on some of my friends here. Considering most players will play for 2-3 years before quitting, some players will end up quitting when they’re 13-15 (yes, some stay longer, that’s just the average player). Based on this and some other facts, I thought 14 years old was a great age requirement. Not to mention the boost of applicants when they (theoretically) lower the age requirement to 14. As I said in the main thread and my replies to people there are multiple benefits to lowering the age requirement. People quitting, as I stated here, is one of the many benefits there are to lowering the age requirement.

Comment

Hello there! Yes, they could easily wait some time to apply. The problem is, they will often quit.
                                You had me at here bud, honestly you’re starting to slurr your words here. as of right now the only argument here you have is “More applicants” but trust me when I say they have [>**enough**<] and I don’t think there’s some superman of a 15 year old or a 14 year old that they are truly gonna miss and not wanna lose if anything it’s just a waste of time to sort through 14 and 15 year old applications.

Also You kind of dodged this when I said >>>>> Guardian phase is to get trained to become a moderator, it’s not a lighter role in any way you’re literally just picked to get trained by either the current moderators or ubi team staff to become a moderator.

I really don’t wanna be rude but this just seems like you’re desperate for to apply as a guardian, but you’re not old enough, man this isn’t making it any better what you’re doing now. if not 90% of the people that replied here said no, no matter what you say, no matter how much you try to convince us that there are “GODTIER” 15 or 14 year olds that UBISOFT DEARLY NEEDS AND CAN’T LET PASS won’t make any difference. If anything you’re right now proving how ignorant one can be.

Also by what you stated up there clearly you didn’t leave a very good mark of 14 and 15 year olds with what you quoted.

Comment

Working...
                                X