Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extreme disappointment for Startopia V2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadowgraalera View Post
    Like I said, he was the one who wanted to figure out the reward so he ran the risk of the item not being up to his standards.
    True he doesn't have a real reason to complain (besides the statement by the devs of an 'awesome' reward). But the achievements were made to make some more end-game material for players, but no one will care to do for such a prize, thus the update is useless and will be forgotten in a few weeks. Wheras a cool item + title would have made the update last forever (similiar to dr title/mercy wings)
    LURD

Comment

Originally posted by Clarken (ciarken) View Post
      I can name 5 people who would do it just for a clickbait video. You really think no one else in Growtopia was going to go for this?
      Most of those people don't even do much in growtopia let alone understanding how startopia works. They are not going to spend over a hundred hours doing it (+ the learning time) if they can just borrow it to display it. I've made a video myself, no point doing anything further.

No, he just wanted to be first. And he was. And he didn't like the prize.
      Not necessarily true. I like startopia, so I naturally went for it.

Whether having 3 letters before your name (Cpt.) would have been better or worse that the crystal infused sword is a completely subjective matter.
      And inconsistent to other end-game like sorts of content & prizes that you can get.

super dope status item tailored to his tastes.
      For an update extension that literally came with a title update, along with a massive amount of requests for a title as startopia and surgery are now two popular, nearly tied in popularity, it was certainly misleading.
      Lately when you see oversized IOTMs and items that are obtained through very little efforts, and that instead, you get a near "better" reproduction of the Banished Sword, its certainly a reward that does certainly not match to the effort.

I was expecting both, one of them, or just nothing, either way it's an achievement on its own.

I'll repeat again, but my disappointment is related to the wasted opportunity to add such reward (or something else that matches the consistency), considering this may aswell be the last major update to Startopia. After ships are landed, it's definitive.
      I don't think anyone can argue that if this was the right moment to add a good counterpart to Surgery using this one and only long-term grind, they entirely wasted it.

I have nothing against the sword itself (aside from the fact that it is tradeable.)
      A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
      Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
      IGN: TK69
      Growtopia Treehouse Discord | My Insta

Comment

Originally posted by RaySia View Post
        This isn't email writing. There's no need for proper grammar especially when everyone here comes from different parts of the world.
        Every time I see someone write "should of" a grammar nazi inside of me starts raging.
        Spelling isn't all that important online. Grammar is.
        Lots of mistakes = low quality post = your opinion will and should be valued less.
        There's a good reason why bad spelling/grammar will cost you points in school.

Your argument about "different parts of the world" is also superficial.
        Sure, you can try being comepletely tolerant in this regard, but by being so you're reserving yourself the educated seat and taking the learning opportunity away from them.

As for Nenkaai:
        I agree.
        The Sword is a joke and does not represent the hours spent at all.
        Even less so if you consider, that it's tradeable (you should drop it in case they every change their mind ; ) )

Comment

Originally posted by Nenkaai View Post
          Most of those people don't even do much in growtopia let alone understanding how startopia works. They are not going to spend over a hundred hours doing it (+ the learning time) if they can just borrow it to display it. I've made a video myself, no point doing anything further.
          Sure, I was more just replying to those acting like, had you not gone for this achievement, nobody else would have, which I don't think is true.

Not necessarily true. I like startopia, so I naturally went for it.
          Fair enough, but I again have to question why you didn't wait for confirmation on what the prize was, if being first didn't matter to you.

And inconsistent to other end-game like sorts of content & prizes that you can get.
          I personally agree that a title would be cooler.

For an update extension that literally came with a title update, along with a massive amount of requests for a title as startopia and surgery are now two popular, nearly tied in popularity, it was certainly misleading.
          Lately when you see oversized IOTMs and items that are obtained through very little efforts, and that instead, you get a near "better" reproduction of the Banished Sword, its certainly a reward that does certainly not match to the effort.

I was expecting both, one of them, or just nothing, either way it's an achievement on its own.

I'll repeat again, but my disappointment is related to the wasted opportunity to add such reward (or something else that matches the consistency), considering this may aswell be the last major update to Startopia. After ships are landed, it's definitive.
          I don't think anyone can argue that if this was the right moment to add a good counterpart to Surgery using this one and only long-term grind, they entirely wasted it.

I have nothing against the sword itself (aside from the fact that it is tradeable.)
          Fundamentally I don't think we disagree: the sword is... boring. For that reason I see what you mean about wasted potential. At the end of the day, if you enjoyed going after it, I think you'll agree you didn't waste any time at all.

I can't prove it, but I do think you care about being first. And I don't think that's a problem. It is something to be proud of. Just know that you also have to take on some level of risk by wanting that.
          IGN: Clarken
          Since July 2, 2014

Services you may need!: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...04#post4275404

Buy all riding bumble bees 25 each

Comment

Working...
          X