Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extreme disappointment for Startopia V2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarken (ciarken)
    replied
    Originally posted by Nenkaai View Post
    Most of those people don't even do much in growtopia let alone understanding how startopia works. They are not going to spend over a hundred hours doing it (+ the learning time) if they can just borrow it to display it. I've made a video myself, no point doing anything further.
    Sure, I was more just replying to those acting like, had you not gone for this achievement, nobody else would have, which I don't think is true.

Not necessarily true. I like startopia, so I naturally went for it.
    Fair enough, but I again have to question why you didn't wait for confirmation on what the prize was, if being first didn't matter to you.

And inconsistent to other end-game like sorts of content & prizes that you can get.
    I personally agree that a title would be cooler.

For an update extension that literally came with a title update, along with a massive amount of requests for a title as startopia and surgery are now two popular, nearly tied in popularity, it was certainly misleading.
    Lately when you see oversized IOTMs and items that are obtained through very little efforts, and that instead, you get a near "better" reproduction of the Banished Sword, its certainly a reward that does certainly not match to the effort.

I was expecting both, one of them, or just nothing, either way it's an achievement on its own.

I'll repeat again, but my disappointment is related to the wasted opportunity to add such reward (or something else that matches the consistency), considering this may aswell be the last major update to Startopia. After ships are landed, it's definitive.
    I don't think anyone can argue that if this was the right moment to add a good counterpart to Surgery using this one and only long-term grind, they entirely wasted it.

I have nothing against the sword itself (aside from the fact that it is tradeable.)
    Fundamentally I don't think we disagree: the sword is... boring. For that reason I see what you mean about wasted potential. At the end of the day, if you enjoyed going after it, I think you'll agree you didn't waste any time at all.

I can't prove it, but I do think you care about being first. And I don't think that's a problem. It is something to be proud of. Just know that you also have to take on some level of risk by wanting that.

Leave a comment:

• DeLixx
    replied
    Originally posted by RaySia View Post
    This isn't email writing. There's no need for proper grammar especially when everyone here comes from different parts of the world.
    Every time I see someone write "should of" a grammar nazi inside of me starts raging.
    Spelling isn't all that important online. Grammar is.
    Lots of mistakes = low quality post = your opinion will and should be valued less.
    There's a good reason why bad spelling/grammar will cost you points in school.

Your argument about "different parts of the world" is also superficial.
    Sure, you can try being comepletely tolerant in this regard, but by being so you're reserving yourself the educated seat and taking the learning opportunity away from them.

As for Nenkaai:
    I agree.
    The Sword is a joke and does not represent the hours spent at all.
    Even less so if you consider, that it's tradeable (you should drop it in case they every change their mind ; ) )

Leave a comment:

• Nenkaai
    replied
    Originally posted by Clarken (ciarken) View Post
    I can name 5 people who would do it just for a clickbait video. You really think no one else in Growtopia was going to go for this?
    Most of those people don't even do much in growtopia let alone understanding how startopia works. They are not going to spend over a hundred hours doing it (+ the learning time) if they can just borrow it to display it. I've made a video myself, no point doing anything further.

No, he just wanted to be first. And he was. And he didn't like the prize.
    Not necessarily true. I like startopia, so I naturally went for it.

Whether having 3 letters before your name (Cpt.) would have been better or worse that the crystal infused sword is a completely subjective matter.
    And inconsistent to other end-game like sorts of content & prizes that you can get.

super dope status item tailored to his tastes.
    For an update extension that literally came with a title update, along with a massive amount of requests for a title as startopia and surgery are now two popular, nearly tied in popularity, it was certainly misleading.
    Lately when you see oversized IOTMs and items that are obtained through very little efforts, and that instead, you get a near "better" reproduction of the Banished Sword, its certainly a reward that does certainly not match to the effort.

I was expecting both, one of them, or just nothing, either way it's an achievement on its own.

I'll repeat again, but my disappointment is related to the wasted opportunity to add such reward (or something else that matches the consistency), considering this may aswell be the last major update to Startopia. After ships are landed, it's definitive.
    I don't think anyone can argue that if this was the right moment to add a good counterpart to Surgery using this one and only long-term grind, they entirely wasted it.

I have nothing against the sword itself (aside from the fact that it is tradeable.)

Leave a comment:

• LURD
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadowgraalera View Post
    Like I said, he was the one who wanted to figure out the reward so he ran the risk of the item not being up to his standards.
    True he doesn't have a real reason to complain (besides the statement by the devs of an 'awesome' reward). But the achievements were made to make some more end-game material for players, but no one will care to do for such a prize, thus the update is useless and will be forgotten in a few weeks. Wheras a cool item + title would have made the update last forever (similiar to dr title/mercy wings)

Leave a comment:

• Shadowgraalera
    replied
    Originally posted by LURD View Post
    Don't you atleast agree a item on which you spent 300+ DLs should atleast be on par with items worth 1 DL?
    Like I said, he was the one who wanted to figure out the reward so he ran the risk of the item not being up to his standards.

Leave a comment:

• LURD
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadowgraalera View Post
    I don't see why you're complaining. You weren't forced to go for the achievement, and you took the risk of going for it to see the reward. The sword may not look cool to you, but it probably does to others. Quit whining
    Don't you atleast agree a item on which you spent 300+ DLs should atleast be on par with items worth 1 DL?

Leave a comment:

• Shadowgraalera
    replied
    I don't see why you're complaining. You weren't forced to go for the achievement, and you took the risk of going for it to see the reward. The sword may not look cool to you, but it probably does to others. Quit whining

Leave a comment:

• LURD
    replied
    Originally posted by Clarken (ciarken) View Post
    I can name 5 people who would do it just for a clickbait video. You really think no one else in Growtopia was going to go for this?

TK69 was our great leader who sacrificed himself in battle for the greater good of his community, right? He lead us fearlessly through the darkness and into the light, like the hero he is.

Whether having 3 letters before your name (Cpt.) would have been better or worse that the crystal infused sword is a completely subjective matter. And whether either of those are worth "100+ hours and hundreds of DLs" is another debate entirely. Either way, TK did not know what the prize would be going into this. His albatross was the clash between his desire to be first and his desire for a super dope status item tailored to his tastes.
    Didn't they hint at a new title after the title glitch happened?

Leave a comment:

• Clarken (ciarken)
    replied
    Originally posted by Exoskies View Post
    If he didnt take on the quest, would you do it? Would anyone even do it? Just be happy that he showed us what was the end reward

TK69 was our great leader who sacrificed himself in battle for the greater good of his community, right? He lead us fearlessly through the darkness and into the light, like the hero he is.

Whether having 3 letters before your name (Cpt.) would have been better or worse that the crystal infused sword is a completely subjective matter. And whether either of those are worth "100+ hours and hundreds of DLs" is another debate entirely. Either way, TK did not know what the prize would be going into this. His albatross was the clash between his desire to be first and his desire for a super dope status item tailored to his tastes.

Leave a comment:

• Viju
    replied
    I honestly wouldn't mind if July's IOTM replaced the Crystal Infused Sword being "legendary" look the item has - but alas. I do hope they add something upon completing the achievements, it's not even worthy to grind on considering the month of hard work and WLs spend just to get a tradeable, and a subscriber item looking sword.

Leave a comment:

• LURD
    replied
    Another example how ubisoft is just horrible at item progression/game balancing. Certain items that look amazing are below 100 wls (mainly IOTM's) while some other items that cost 1000+ wls look horrible and underwhelming. I understand some older items that used to be top tier items but are now cheaper look good, but the whole progression is ruined by cheap amazing items while other items are just terrible and cost way too much. (Why on earth do steampunk wings worth 50 wls look like an improved version of da vinci wings, worth 400 DLs.

Leave a comment:

• Swordtail
    replied
    Originally posted by Shaima View Post
    your fault lol. Should of waited for others to do it before you so u know exactly what was prize instead of assuming its gonna be a title
    it isn't even his fault he wanted to be the first to accomplish something because that's the entire point and because no one has got it before he wanted to go for it and not just that he was disappointed with the results of countless hours lost because literally over 3bgls+ maybe more Tk69 wasted and he felt like a rush of disappointment after what happened.

Leave a comment:

• JimIzPro
    replied
    I feel v bad

Leave a comment:

• SkySound
    replied
    What a waste

Leave a comment:

• Jedaki
    replied
    Originally posted by LBForce_GT View Post
    Btw I think that the sword being tradeable is just a bug, just like some untradable items were shortly after their release, but got fixed later
    tbh if they keep the design and effects of it, i'd prefer it to be tradeable. no one is going to want to get that if its just a tty untradeable item

Leave a comment:

Working...
X