No announcement yet.

I think I know why items are missing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I know why items are missing...

After thinking about this for a while, I think I know why people are missing items. So when the devs did the rollback they only rollbacked the worlds and not all the players, that's why people including me are missing items. I'm not sure if the mods will see this but if they do, you guys should check if you rollbacked the players as well.

Ok guys and girls, so we all think that the players and worlds didn't save/sync at the same time, which is probably correct! But the only problem is how are the devs going to see this.

UPDATE- Mods have responded to my email about my missing items! They said "If you are still sure that some items are missing from your account, that you acquired before the rollback, please reply to this email and provide the exact date and time you last made an activity with the item you have reported being lost." So there is hope for us!

2ND UPDATE- The mods have added 30k gems to my account! I wish I got more but I am still thankful that I got something instead of nothing

Thank you to the GT moderator and Devs!
    Last edited by Krishmario; 07-09-2020, 10:53 PM.

A great way for them to check if you contact support so they can further investigate this claim.
    Last edited by iPlayfuls; 07-01-2020, 10:09 PM.
    IGN: iPlayfuls
    Level: 125/125
    Playing Since: March 2015

Worlds:
    Main World: IPLAYFULS
    Bait Shop: IPLAYBAITS and IPLAYTACKLES
    BFG Service/Shop: IPLAYFULSLINK

Comment

Originally posted by Krishmario View Post
      After thinking about this for a while, I think I know why people are missing items. So when the devs did the rollback they only rollbacked the worlds and not the players, that's why people including me are missing items. I'm not sure if the mods will see this but if they do, you guys should check if you rollbacked the players as well.
      I don't think that is how rollback work. It should replace/revert almost every aspect in the game back to specific, safe point at a date and time.

Comment

I don't think so because my inventory was set back as well as my worlds.
        IGN: Clarken
        Since July 2, 2014

Services you may need!: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...04#post4275404

Buy all riding bumble bees 25 each

Comment

Maybe only some of the players got roll backed and some people got roll backed more then once and that's why items are duping. Or I think in my case my world got backed up at one time and my player got backed up at another time. But I don't know I could be completely wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by iPlayfuls View Post
            A great way for them to check if they contact support so they can further investigate this claim.
            This thing happened to my sub server last month when it rollbacked like 15mins back in time after server crashed and i lost my whole bfg set up I contacted mods and support at that time with every information and they confirmed that the world got indeed rollbacked but the inventory didnt so that caused me loosing whole bfg set up after 3 weeks of them investigating they returned some of the items but not all so I did still loose lot of items due to that...And i reminded them couple of times to look for the fix of this thing thats makis you loose ur inventory and gems after rollback... They just answered that the team is always working on it...If they actually listen to me back than nothing would happen to the people today but they didnt..And it caused me to loose my 2 magplants again today (just after i waited to get my lost mags that i lost before back) and also thousands other people loose their items too. If the listen to my reports the last time it would not happen today.

Comment

Also I question too you people. If I were too make an IAP and an other rollback happened would I get my 200k gems 2growtokens and the megaphone?

Comment

Okay, basically, you're not far away from truth, it actually rollbacks inventory, but as far as I know, not for everyone. I have quite few evidence that I (and Krishmario) am right,

Firstly;
                When my friend has lost his Magplant and Gaias, he actually placed it in his world right before a server has crashed, after the server has came back, we've noticed that the servers rollbacked by like 5 minutes, the thing is that the world did not had the Magplant and Gaias because it rollbacked to the moment he hasn't placed them yet, it rollbacked to the moment he still had them in his inventory and was going to place them to the world, the issue there is that his inventory did not rollbacked and stayed the same as the moment the crash has occured, that caused the Magplant and Gaias go missing, after 3 weeks of talking with support, he has got his Magplant back, but not the Gaias

Secondly;
                My very close friend has placed Gaia and Unstable Tesseract into his farm at (I will use imaginary time just to explain what do I mean, it is not exact time but you'll be able to understand what do I mean) 8:30 PM, after he farmed for a while, he took them back at 9:30 PM, the servers crashed at 11:00 PM, after the rollback happened, they have rollbacked the game to the 9:00 PM, so his world got rollbacked to the point where he had his Unstable Tesseract and Gaia planted there but his inventory did NOT get rollbacked, so he still had that Unstable Tesseract and Gaia that he took at 9:30 PM and he has two Gaias and two Unstable Tesseract AT THE MOMENT even though he had one of both.

Thirdly:
                I've harvested one farm before the servers crashed and the farm got fully broken (BFG..) before the servers crashed, I've broken the two empty Magplants and I've left one Magplant with the seeds there and moved to play other game (thinking that I would plant the seeds later), however, the crash has happened and once the servers rollbacked, the farm was UNHARVESTED but I've only had the two Magplants that I've taken before, not the third one..? Why? Because the rollback has rolled my farm to the point where I haven't even harvested it but my inventory has not rolled back, which caused me having only the two magplants that I've took before after the farm was fully broke.

That basically proves what is the issue, but I still can't figure out why the data loss targets Magplants (+Magplant related items), it might be something with the coding, I don't know though, but knowing this information COULD help developers to investigate the lost stuff, since they could just verify if the account backpacks was/wasn't rollbacked and could rollback the accounts manually.

I have multiple friends that have lost even more than me, I hope that they'll be able to refund the Magplant/s (and ofcourse every other lost item) to every single person affected by this.

UPDATE:

It doesn't only target Magplants, it target every item that can be broken and will get back into the inventory, I've seen multiple peoples saying that they've lost builder's lock, pineapple guardian, xenonite or any of the jammers, so there must be something wrong with the unbreakable items and the rollback coding..

Developers, take your time and fix that as fast as possible, the thing is, even server crashes causes that, not just Rollbacks, then it takes hundred of hours for support to resolve, it'll be better if you could focus on fixing that particular issue instead of giving us one or two updates, no offense though, we all appreciate what you're doing for the game <3

ANOTHER UPDATE:

I might have came to conclusion why just someone is affected by this, the answer could be SUBSERVERS. Maybe the rollback doesn't work for particular sub server and it cause everyone's backpack in that particular sub server not being rolled back to where it was supposed to be rolled, that would explain why just SOMEONE was affected by the issue, not everyone.
                Last edited by CzeGamer; 07-02-2020, 12:55 AM.
                Rest In Peace, Marley
                My beloved kitty that went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never forget you.

Comment

Also I question too you people. If I were too make an IAP and an other rollback happened would I get my 200k gems 2growtokens and the megaphone?
                  Anyone who purchased IAP in the rolledback timeframe received double gems
                  IGN: Clarken
                  Since July 2, 2014

Services you may need!: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...04#post4275404

Buy all riding bumble bees 25 each

Comment

After thinking about this for a while, I think I know why people are missing items. So when the devs did the rollback they only rollbacked the worlds and not all the players, that's why people including me are missing items. I'm not sure if the mods will see this but if they do, you guys should check if you rollbacked the players as well.
                    I dont think thats how Rollback works either. The worlds and players arent separately rollbacked. The servers and data they hold are. The servers data contains that of the players and worlds.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Clarken (ciarken) View Post
                    Anyone who purchased IAP in the rolledback timeframe received double gems
                    people who bought road to glory:

Comment

Originally posted by iFreezee View Post
                      I dont think thats how Rollback works either. The worlds and players arent separately rollbacked. The servers and data they hold are. The servers data contains that of the players and worlds.

- - - Updated - - -

people who bought road to glory:
                      Well in this situation it seems like the worlds and players were rolledbacked at different times causing people to lose items.

Comment

My theory is that the worlds and the account's saves weren't synced. The accounts may have been saved before / after the worlds. That would explain why everyone is complaining about placeable items and not wearable ones. I know it may be a bit hard to understand, but let's say you placed your mags into your world then your inventory gets saved. The mags aren't in your inventory. Then you take back your mags from your world and THEN the word is saved, the mags then aren't in your world either. So for the backup, your mags won't be anywhere. That's my theory, not sure if it's correct tho, I just hope ubisoft will give back everything and not just do a double gem for people who lost a lot of dls.
                        I changed my IGN, I am now called VTT

~~~GOALS~~~

Level 125 : DONE
                        Get 10 DLs : 215/10
                        Get Da Vinci : Not done
                        Get lots of nice friends : TOTALLY DONE

Comment

Originally posted by GuzzY View Post
                          My theory is that the worlds and the account's saves weren't synced. The accounts may have been saved before / after the worlds. That would explain why everyone is complaining about placeable items and not wearable ones. I know it may be a bit hard to understand, but let's say you placed your mags into your world then your inventory gets saved. The mags aren't in your inventory. Then you take back your mags from your world and THEN the word is saved, the mags then aren't in your world either. So for the backup, your mags won't be anywhere. That's my theory, not sure if it's correct tho, I just hope ubisoft will give back everything and not just do a double gem for people who lost a lot of dls.
                          Yup it's most likely this. Could very well be that all problems are because one of the subservers did not back up for like 15 mins which is why people lost items, most likely some people also earned items but are not going to tell this because they want to keep them.
                          LURD

Comment

Originally posted by LURD View Post
                            Yup it's most likely this. Could very well be that all problems are because one of the subservers did not back up for like 15 mins which is why people lost items, most likely some people also earned items but are not going to tell this because they want to keep them.
                            Yep, found a post that confirms my theory, check this out. https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...76#post4285376
                            I changed my IGN, I am now called VTT

~~~GOALS~~~

Level 125 : DONE
                            Get 10 DLs : 215/10
                            Get Da Vinci : Not done
                            Get lots of nice friends : TOTALLY DONE

Comment

I think your theory is correct, I also hope that ubisoft will give back the items that people lost and remove the duped items! But so far it seems like they don't care sadly.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, found a post that confirms my theory, check this out. https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...76#post4285376
                              The only thing that doesn't make sense is that people are losing items that they got days before yesterday. Also for me I bought seeds then dropped them in my world hours before the servers went down. Never got my wls or the seeds back. So it seems like the servers have been having issues since the start of yesterday. But I could be wrong!

Comment

Working...
                              X