Extremely disappointed in the way Ubisoft handles the situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely disappointed in the way Ubisoft handles the situation

First of all, this belongs in the updates subforum. I kindly ask you not to merge this with other threads.

Now that is out of the way, I want to share my thoughts about what happened these past few days.

First of all, I get it - you want to publish the IOTM as soon as possible, summerfest too - so you publish the update.
    It would all be fine, except you messed up. Big time.

The game almost burned down, leaving tons of people with random mod effects on their characters - some could shoot from their Growtopian's fist and have an effect of Zeus, Atomic shadow scythe and so on. some would have invisible mod, or a ban mod - resulting in bans and chaos, some were even sent to the tutorial world with their inventories being reset.

Simple question - Why was the update not tested before sending it live, on beta servers??

Then, you had to shut down the servers immediately. Put them under maintenance mode. Server was under maintenance for an approx. 7 hours, after which you opened the server again but this time it was rollbacked.

Yet, another bug happens - People lost very expensive items, items such as magplants, rayman's fists, UT, Gaia's beacons and so on. Probably because the server did not save the inventories and worlds at the same time, resulting in people either losing their items or having duped expensive items, all because they moved between worlds, dropped/picked up their items.

- Another question - Why is there no such thing, as putting server under maintenance mode with whitelist enabled, so that only moderators and developers can enter the game, just as you do when 2 players are online during maintenances? Why is it so hard to kick all users, enable whitelist, then do a full game database backup?? It would have prevented the issues that we are facing as of right now, as there are now thousands of people having lost their items, flooding probably the support desk with tons of reports of missing items, and being frustrated because of this - You enabled even double gem chance for a limited time as an apology, but people who had mags cannot even farm with mags because they lost them?

- Another question - Why are there so many constant disconnections and random server crashes? Is the server really that fragile that it cannot even hold up ca. ~40k players, before it just randomly shuts itself down? Knowing how huge Ubisoft company is, that would be really no problem to have servers which could handle such amount of players. During times when the EU users are usually asleep, the servers tend to be faster - that's because there's only like around 15-20k people online. I am guessing the resources are not enough.

As of right now, I am deeply disappointed in the way Ubisoft is handling this situation. Such things should not happen. Your whole twitter page is full of maintenance and random crash/disconnect posts. Please fix this?

We're your customers, paying for the IAP (In-App-Purchases) and I think we do deserve at least little bit more stable servers and testing.
    Do you like puzzle and psyhics games? Then check this game out!: Shape fold animals

Life is a journey, what should be lived in the way it is meant to be: peacefully.

Very well said.

I hope they answer these formally and not merge it with some other thread LOL.

Personally I was one of the people who lost their items and it's crazy that they haven't addressed anything yet and the only solution was the incompetent GT support which takes ages to reply and you aren't even sure if you're gonna get your items back. Instead of having the players make tickets which floods their whole support system, why don't they just fix it?

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by IApply View Post
      First of all, this belongs in the updates subforum. I kindly ask you not to merge this with other threads.

Now that is out of the way, I want to share my thoughts about what happened these past few days.

First of all, I get it - you want to publish the IOTM as soon as possible, summerfest too - so you publish the update.
      It would all be fine, except you messed up. Big time.

The game almost burned down, leaving tons of people with random mod effects on their characters - some could shoot from their Growtopian's fist and have an effect of Zeus, Atomic shadow scythe and so on. some would have invisible mod, or a ban mod - resulting in bans and chaos, some were even sent to the tutorial world with their inventories being reset.

Simple question - Why was the update not tested before sending it live, on beta servers??

Then, you had to shut down the servers immediately. Put them under maintenance mode. Server was under maintenance for an approx. 7 hours, after which you opened the server again but this time it was rollbacked.

Yet, another bug happens - People lost very expensive items, items such as magplants, rayman's fists, UT, Gaia's beacons and so on. Probably because the server did not save the inventories and worlds at the same time, resulting in people either losing their items or having duped expensive items, all because they moved between worlds, dropped/picked up their items.

- Another question - Why is there no such thing, as putting server under maintenance mode with whitelist enabled, so that only moderators and developers can enter the game, just as you do when 2 players are online during maintenances? Why is it so hard to kick all users, enable whitelist, then do a full game database backup?? It would have prevented the issues that we are facing as of right now, as there are now thousands of people having lost their items, flooding probably the support desk with tons of reports of missing items, and being frustrated because of this - You enabled even double gem chance for a limited time as an apology, but people who had mags cannot even farm with mags because they lost them?

- Another question - Why are there so many constant disconnections and random server crashes? Is the server really that fragile that it cannot even hold up ca. ~40k players, before it just randomly shuts itself down? Knowing how huge Ubisoft company is, that would be really no problem to have servers which could handle such amount of players. During times when the EU users are usually asleep, the servers tend to be faster - that's because there's only like around 15-20k people online. I am guessing the resources are not enough.

As of right now, I am deeply disappointed in the way Ubisoft is handling this situation. Such things should not happen. Your whole twitter page is full of maintenance and random crash/disconnect posts. Please fix this?

We're your customers, paying for the IAP (In-App-Purchases) and I think we do deserve at least little bit more stable servers and testing.
      They need to fix this asap. I lost 2 magplant 5000's and am deeply hurt by this catastrophe. Their compensation is nothing compared to what some of us lost. Why am I always so unlucky. Im back where I started. No point in wasting another 1000 hours on the game.

Comment

They need to stop all the new updates and help us.
        Good day kind sir,

I'd like to plug my channel before you scroll away
        http://www.youtube.com/c/JonnyPlaysGT

Thank you, and you may scroll on.

Comment

In my opinion they should start using beta, ofcourse it'll kill the hype about the update but better than going yolo, not saying they don't test it, ofcourse they do, but team of 20 can't discover things that thousands of players could.
          Rest In Peace, Marley
          My beloved kitty that went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never forget you.

Comment

Originally posted by IApply View Post
            We don't expect a little bit. We deserved a STABLE server considering they had IAP. And the whole paragraph was just well said. I want them to really address everything that is going on and be transparent! We are even here if they need feedback about those new 'cool features' or things.
            Originally posted by SkySound
            Oh yeah baby, it's TRIPLE!
            Next Goal:
            Achievement: PARKOUR! - Earned for being there when Rollback 6, 7, and 8 happened (omegalul)
            sigpic

Comment

thats what i am saying for months they dont use beta and they dont even give a explanation eveyone complain about servers but theyre just releasing new updates to sell some quick iaps and earn some money from a game that doesnt even work properly

Comment

In my opinion, they should have stopped the servers as soon as lots of players started complaining about lost items ( and also the ones who got theirs duped, and who will not talk about it for sure ) and investigated the issue, so they could have used another backup which may would have made people lost few more hours progression, but now they will take weeks if not months to give everyone back what they lost ( if they ever do ), also the economy for expensive items will be killed since there were so many duped mags which staff won't be able to find and remove. The situation was very bad handled, if they had rollbacked a bit more, everything would be fine. Now, it's too late for a rollback, and the situation will be even harder to handle for them. gg's
                I changed my IGN, I am now called VTT

~~~GOALS~~~

Level 125 : DONE
                Get 10 DLs : 215/10
                Get Da Vinci : Not done
                Get lots of nice friends : TOTALLY DONE

Comment

Here's a tip from me to avoid losing your items :
                  1. Whenever a there's a game breaking glitch, immediately log off.
                  2. If you saw someone sb-ed about selling rare items for insanely cheap, immediately log off.
                  3. Do not trade your expensive items too often, this prevents you from losing your items.
                  4. If you are a bfg owner, I'd suggest you to make a rent bfg instead of free bfg. Why? From what I've seen, many people complaint about their magplants gone. To avoid this, simply place your magplant in your rent bfg world and never ever break it. A rollback will reset your account to a specific time and if your magplants are still placed in your rent bfg world for a long time, it will be safe.

I hope y'all unsderstand what I meant.
                  Oof

Comment

The servers are crashing because of exploit, they crash the subserver to manipulate the data and to duplicate the items. For now - alot of phoenix wings.
                    hi.

Comment

Originally posted by lafa View Post
                      The servers are crashing because of exploit, they crash the subserver to manipulate the data and to duplicate the items. For now - alot of phoenix wings.
                      for real? thats how they do it??

Comment

Excuse You?

Don't you know that most of Ubisoft's games having shitty servers? Such as R6
                        R6 is a good game, really, but since it's managed by Ubisoft, it becomes shitty af. (the main reason as to why I stopped playing it)
                        So to conclude it, Seth&Hamumu's decision to sell this game to Ubisoft is a BIG MISTAKE
                        Ubisoft is having poor Customer Service Resources
                        And many people are not pleased with their performance, and the way they solve problems.

And now you can see there's PWing duplicate, and from my community, it is being said that there are BGL dup as well (even though there are no evidence about this matter)
                        But, yeah, I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Komando View Post
                          for real? thats how they do it??
                          Well, that's how it was done earlier. I've known how to crash a subserver, but it's fixed nowadays cuz of me reporting it to moderators and constantly crashing their main worlds.
                          hi.

Comment

Well said.

For me i would enjoy stable servers more than tons of new updates.
                            I mean, some times it takes longer than 1 minute to get in game. (No, not bcs of bad internet connection) Its annoying. And when you finally get into the game? Disconnected. Moving to other world? Will probably disconnect, or take a lot of time. Dropping/taking/breaking items/blocks? Pain. Try play on phone? Let me just laugh. (ok with all sounds&graphs down it might be "ok", but i personally really enjoy most of the sounds in the game.)

For me the amount of lag(and bugs) begins to make the game not enjoyable. Its a great game, and i love to play it. But the lag. Most of times i just give up and go to play other games. (And may come on night time, when it's more playable.)

I really hope they will fix this soon. And as said i hope they formally answer to players questions, give some kind of explanation what is going on.

For me as a player the situation seems like you just wanna rush new updates, don't really care what the servers are like, don't bother to give any explanation. I believe that's not the case,, or hope.

I really hope you will act on, and give some explanation.
                            We need answers.
                            Please.

(Sry for possible grammar mistakes, English is not my first language)

"don't bother to give any explanation"
                            Ok we have got some, Like pvp card battle thingy, but in general.
                            Just wandering around, hope yall have a great day!

Dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by CzeGamer View Post
                              In my opinion they should start using beta, ofcourse it'll kill the hype about the update but better than going yolo, not saying they don't test it, ofcourse they do, but team of 20 can't discover things that thousands of players could.
                              At this point I’m doubting they test the update at all, as some of the bugs are so blatant that even 30minuets of testing should have revealed the bugs existence.

Some bugs like this,

Random Effected Bug (Ongoing)

Name Swapping Bug (Ongoing)

Walking Over an Item Disables It (Resolved)

Certain effects never go awway (Ongoing)

Missing items (Ongoing)

Duplicated items (???)
                              CHEAP STUFF IN LOPYSHOP

Insta @Lopyhupis

Visit BUYTUXEDOS

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X