Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[MERGED] Duplicated Items (3rd of July, 2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Baskerville View Post
    Hello everyone,

We've heard everyone's concerns about this issue, and we want to find a solution that has the least impact on the game and economy as soon as possible. We are currently investigating the next steps and all possibilities. Please be assured, we are working on this until we found a solution. We will keep you updated here.

~ Baskerville
    Can you please address the posts UBIDEV made and either verify or deny that so people have the right information.
    sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone,

We've heard everyone's concerns about this issue, and we want to find a solution that has the least impact on the game and economy as soon as possible. We are currently investigating the next steps and all possibilities. Please be assured, we are working on this until we found a solution. We will keep you updated here.

~ Baskerville
      The first staff member that hasn't gone nuts yet

░▒▓███████▓▒░
      ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
      ░▒▓███████▓▒░
      ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
      ▽⧩▼▼▼⧨▽
      Random stuff in GOLA
      ▲◭△△△◮▲
      ┅⊏⧖⊐┅

Comment

• Hey,

Originally posted by Slayer7 View Post
        Can you please address the posts UBIDEV made and either verify or deny that so people have the right information.
        The issue that was causing this, was resolved. We are currently looking into how to retrieve the multiplied items and how to contain this further.

We're going to put the servers into maintenance now, rest assured, we're still on it.

~ Baskerville

Comment

Hey,

The issue that was causing this, was resolved. We are currently looking into how to retrieve the multiplied items and how to contain this further.

We're going to put the servers into maintenance now, rest assures, we're still on it.

~ Baskerville
          Little questions here, how about for those who bought the duplicated items for DLS?
          What happen to the DLS that the seller received?
          What happen to those who do a transaction and get WLS/DLS that duplicated?

Comment

Hey,

We're going to put the servers into maintenance now, rest assures, we're still on it.

~ Baskerville
            ik you guys wouldnt want to do it, but you're just gonna have to rollback again... its the best solution

IGN: HeroPlaya
            Level: MAX

Comment

Hey,

We're going to put the servers into maintenance now, rest assured, we're still on it.

~ Baskerville
              yes the items but what about peoples dls and hard work.
              Support my account protection idea here

Instagram: Creators.Gt

Comment

Hey,

~ Baskerville
                It's nice to see that you're finally doing something, but why did it take 8 hours to react? For 8 hours players have been trading the duplicated items when you could have closed the server when you also fixed the glitch preventing all this mess from happening. I don't think there's any other choice anymore to fix this than a Rollback, just because of how long the items have already circulated in the game already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Climper View Post
                  It's nice to see that you're finally doing something, but why did it take 8 hours to react? For 8 hours players have been trading the duplicated items when you could have closed the server when you also fixed the glitch preventing all this mess from happening. I don't think there's any other choice anymore to fix this than a Rollback, just because of how long the items have already circulated in the game already.
                  Cause they wanted to go to bed. They're too lazy to actually put in work.

Comment

• Hello,

Originally posted by SilverTexas View Post
                    Cause they wanted to go to bed. They're too lazy to actually put in work.
                    I can assure you the team is working to resolve this non-stop, even if it is past 2:30 AM in Abu Dhabi.

I've posted here on the actions we are taking, please read.

~ Baskerville

Comment

• Originally posted by ibookss View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]242698[/ATTACH]
                      Got it from my friend.
                      Yep its blurred
                      STYX Burning Face Tree? Look At The Blue Tree
                      Visit My World : SELLCOLOREDR
                      And FARMEVENT1

Change My Mind Now

Comment

Hello,

I can assure you the team is working to resolve this non-stop, even if it is past 2:30 AM in Abu Dhabi.

~ Baskerville
                        Sadly 2:30 AM :'
                        Ok ubi u can do it
                        ign : Dr. VerdantGate
                        https://www.instagram.com/dr.verdantgate/?hl=id
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyhxdvFW0ZU

Comment

Hello,

~ Baskerville
                          I’m sad, I just wanna play gt

Comment

• Originally posted by ibookss View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]242698[/ATTACH]
                            Got it from my friend.
                            Yep its blurred
                            So many Autofarmers, CSN players and dupers in my country (Philippines) gotta admit that
                            I build castles

For Building Services go to CLEOAI.

Comment

Originally posted by Baskerville View Post
                              Hello,

~ Baskerville
                              Please don't ignore my question. I really want to know why it took so long to react to this? Was it because Summer Fest is around and you didn't want to put the servers down for a long time and ruin the event for players? Was it because you didn't think / or knew that the glitch caused actually huge amounts of duplicated items to occur and you thought they could be removed fairly easily and quickly?

The first thought I had when the servers went down and you fixed the glitch was that you're going to put them down for a long time to remove the duplicated items or at least freeze all the items affected so they couldn't furthermore spread, but you didn't do either, why so? The items were circulating for 8 hours in the game before you finally closed it down and had to Rollback it. I'm almost certainly sure that if you'd have closed the game down to remove at least a majority of the items and freeze all the affected ones before opening it to players again and prevent anyone from transferring the items, this Rollback would have been avoided.

Why was there no announcements whatsoever from any of the staff members about the glitch and what has happened until 7 hours after the glitch was fixed? Only Ubidev made few posts saying that everything had been taken care of and that there was no problem anymore when there obviously still was? If you entered BUYPHOENIX, you could see tens of people buying and selling Phoenix Wings for 10-ish DLs each.

I'm glad you decided to Rollback the game and not try to manually remove the items, because that obviously would not have worked as well as a Rollback, but I am disappointed how you first handled the situation and took so long to react properly.

Comment

Please don't ignore my question. I really want to know why it took so long to react to this? Was it because Summer Fest is around and you didn't want to put the servers down for a long time and ruin the event for players? Was it because you didn't think / or knew that the glitch caused actually huge amounts of duplicated items to occur and you thought they could be removed fairly easily and quickly?

The first thought I had when the servers went down and you fixed the glitch was that you're going to put them down for a long time to remove the duplicated items or at least freeze all the items affected so they couldn't furthermore spread, but you didn't do either, why so? The items were circulating for 8 hours in the game before you finally closed it down and had to Rollback it. I'm almost certainly sure that if you'd have closed the game down to remove at least a majority of the items and freeze all the affected ones before opening it to players again and prevent anyone from transferring the items, this Rollback would have been avoided.

Why was there no announcements whatsoever from any of the staff members about the glitch and what has happened until 7 hours after the glitch was fixed? Only Ubidev made few posts saying that everything had been taken care of and that there was no problem anymore when there obviously still was? If you entered BUYPHOENIX, you could see tens of people buying and selling Phoenix Wings for 10-ish DLs each.

I'm glad you decided to Rollback the game and not try to manually remove the items, because that obviously would not have worked as well as a Rollback, but I am disappointed how you first handled the situation and took so long to react properly.
                                mods were able to handle it but the issue was so severe

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
                                - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                X