The Faults of Ubisoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Faults of Ubisoft

Hello everyone. I'm here to give my opinions on the whole rollback(s) situation. There has been 2 rollbacks in 3 days which is actually astonishing, just not a in a good way.

I'm here to tell you the faults of ubisoft as a company on this whole situation. First things first, i don't want to blame any moderator or developer in this thread because i know they're trying their best. But i want to blame actual Ubisoft the company for not being a good sport and letting this happen.

We told the mods/community managers several times that we wanted everything tested on beta before they were live, but what did they do? Nothing. I don't want to believe that it's because the developers of this game think they're too good to do mistakes but i kinda wanna believe there are other reasons within it. My suggestion for this not being a thing anymore is hire 2-3 penetration testers AKA exploit finders, and try to find any possible bug/glitch before an update comes out. This wouldn't be 100% successful though, it'd just be more secure than now.

To not do anymore rollbacks due to any possible dupe glitches in the future, i also suggest you to create log files that are way easier to follow through. Add donation boxes and vending machine logs to the log files and do anything possible to make them more readable.

I know i'm gonna get SOME hate for saying this; but i'd say to not let this happen once again, don't make the next monthly update happen, but work on these instead of the time you're gonna spend the time on the next monthly update. For example: find all the possible bugs, code stuff to improve the security of the game and make logs easier to be read.

Thank you for reading my post, this was the most serious thread i think i'll ever post lol.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVYSsn_HL1w

Yeah they also need to be more transparent.
    Originally posted by SkySound
    Oh yeah baby, it's TRIPLE!
    Next Goal:
    Achievement: PARKOUR! - Earned for being there when Rollback 6, 7, and 8 happened (omegalul)
    sigpic

Comment

We are all not perfect in some ways, besides, Ubisoft makes fatal mistakes before. But they still maintain and respect their fan base. Their ain't perfect, of course they are. But they try their best to keep us happy.

Dun worry, lad, I agree with your assessment there.
      IGN : BoxeyNoxey

About Me :
      - Tall Boi
      - Professional Candy Crusher
      - Completely Straight
      - Funky Hair
      - Never Got Featured On YIAY
      - Awkward And Sometimes Silent
      - Overwhelmingly Sarcastic

Comment

There's a brick wall between us the players and the devs. I still don't know why they won't beta test updates.

IGN: Creano
        Level: 101
        YouTube Channel: iCreatorGT
        Discord: iCreator#8781
        Veteran Player since Growtopia Beta 2013
        I SEE YOU

Comment

I honestly find it so intriguing how players are literally coming forward and giving advice to Ubisoft.
          I'm not disagreeing with you, though.
          IGN: Gesine
          Level: 63
          Forumer Since: Sept. 5, 2014.

----------------------------------------
          Support: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/games/5847?platform=9

Comment

Originally posted by SIide View Post
            Hello everyone. I'm here to give my opinions on the whole rollback(s) situation. There has been 2 rollbacks in 3 days which is actually astonishing, just not a in a good way.

I'm here to tell you the faults of ubisoft as a company on this whole situation. First things first, i don't want to blame any moderator or developer in this thread because i know they're trying their best. But i want to blame actual Ubisoft the company for not being a good sport and letting this happen.

We told the mods/community managers several times that we wanted everything tested on beta before they were live, but what did they do? Nothing. I don't want to believe that it's because the developers of this game think they're too good to do mistakes but i kinda wanna believe there are other reasons within it. My suggestion for this not being a thing anymore is hire 2-3 penetration testers AKA exploit finders, and try to find any possible bug/glitch before an update comes out. This wouldn't be 100% successful though, it'd just be more secure than now.

To not do anymore rollbacks due to any possible dupe glitches in the future, i also suggest you to create log files that are way easier to follow through. Add donation boxes and vending machine logs to the log files and do anything possible to make them more readable.

I know i'm gonna get SOME hate for saying this; but i'd say to not let this happen once again, don't make the next monthly update happen, but work on these instead of the time you're gonna spend the time on the next monthly update. For example: find all the possible bugs, code stuff to improve the security of the game and make logs easier to be read.

Thank you for reading my post, this was the most serious thread i think i'll ever post lol.
            thats the thing. they didnt test the new code on beta, obviously.
            Growtopian since 12 January 2013 but all traces of my existence before 2016 have been erased.
            IGN:Quarterstone
            Level:125

Comment

They could hire nexica

Comment

Originally posted by BoxeyBoy View Post
                But they still maintain and respect their fan base. Their ain't perfect, of course they are. But they try their best to keep us happy..

sorry, but this is an outright lie. they obviously don't care, considering it took them 18 hours before they said 'oh we messed up lets rollback and make everyone sad about their scarfs', they only seem nice because that is what everyone has to do when they're adults. their attitude shows that they just simply do not care.
                Growtopian since 12 January 2013 but all traces of my existence before 2016 have been erased.
                IGN:Quarterstone
                Level:125

Comment

Originally posted by BoxeyBoy View Post
                  We are all not perfect in some ways, besides, Ubisoft makes fatal mistakes before. But they still maintain and respect their fan base. Their ain't perfect, of course they are. But they try their best to keep us happy.

Dun worry, lad, I agree with your assessment there.
                  Not sure about what you mean by maintaining their fanbase, since i am pretty sure more than 50% of people wouldn't want this game ran by Ubisoft, and after the latest rollback i've heard from my friends they will be quitting just because the game is unplayable. So not so sure about keeping a fanbase whatsoever.

Comment

Iam ok if they solve it nicely, lossing progress and got a apology day.

But now i found they dont do rollback properly, items missing some item doubled. My items is gone including seeds

Iam losing my trust to Dev now

Comment

Originally posted by spotch View Post
                      They could hire nexica
                      lol there'd be no more bugs or glitches
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVYSsn_HL1w

Comment

to be fair, the past rollbacks faults can be linked to sethmumu's coding way long ago. Not only that but hiring "exploiters" won't do much, some exploits have been discovered by accident and so on, there are many systems which can be abused if anything goes wrong. But surely opening beta should solve some issues every now and then
                        IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Creator View Post
                          There's a brick wall between us the players and the devs. I still don't know why they won't beta test updates.
                          probably because its easier for your account to get hacked in a beta server
                          IGN: CodeAF (recently changed to Geovanic)
                          Level: 75/125
                          Road to Digger Spade: 126/200
                          Road to BGL: 83dls/100dls

"(insert an r/im14andthisisdeep quote here)"

Comment

Originally posted by Liquify View Post
                            to be fair, the past rollbacks faults can be linked to sethmumu's coding way long ago. Not only that but hiring "exploiters" won't do much, some exploits have been discovered by accident and so on, there are many systems which can be abused if anything goes wrong. But surely opening beta should solve some issues every now and then
                            Sethmumu.eu?

Comment

Originally posted by CodesProfit View Post
                              probably because its easier for your account to get hacked in a beta server
                              They created a separate app for Growtopia Beta.

IGN: Creano
                              Level: 101
                              YouTube Channel: iCreatorGT
                              Discord: iCreator#8781
                              Veteran Player since Growtopia Beta 2013
                              I SEE YOU

Comment

Working...
                              X