Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feedback on rollback events and other problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback on rollback events and other problems.

I'm not going to waist any time and just dive into the main points that I see others posting about and I thought I should make it into this thread and throw in some of my thoughts on all the problems we have been experiencing in the past 30 days.

1st off: People have been very upset by the way UbiSoft have been conducting "damage control" on this server. The first thing that came to my mind was with the clash events. These clash events are very special to the main guilds. They all try to do their best in these events but they can't do that when the events are put in wrong. The thing is Ubisoft you basically said you guys will have to deal with this event that no one had prepared for. This felt like a big screw you to the growtopian community. This is what personally made me mad even though you said you were sorry it really didn't feel like an apology.

2nd off: The Rollback VI, With this rollback I personally wasn't to mad about. This wasn't really a fault of any one person or thing. I personally loved that Ubisoft tried to make it up to the players with double gem drops for two days. The problems were with what followed. The first thing I had seen when the servers came up were tons of Sb's saying that people had lost tons of items such as magplants ect.... Personally I don't know if any of these people with lost items had actually lost them or if they were rolled back enough to where they didn't have them. That is why I'm leaving my opinion as good with this outcome that Ubisoft did with the Rollback VI.

3rd off: The Rollback VII, Where do I start with this rollback. I understand why Ubisoft did what they did for this rollback but don't understand why they didn't roll it back further. From the sounds of this rollback approximately a week ago people were able to dupe items in secret. By only rolling back for a week it won't help in the long run. Ubisoft rolled back a days worth of data which again is fine, BUT locking the dls, bgls, and other pheonix items ect... Is not the way to fix the economy currently. If they really wanted to save the economy they would have had to rollback about a weeks worth of time. In addition to this since we can't split dls and bgls or even trade them it has made wls that much more valuable and same with items like vending machines ect.... All I have left to say about this update is that I'm extremely disappointed with Ubisoft With this Rollback and that they seriously need to do something quick about it or they will have more problems than the economy to deal with in the future.

Now here is one solution I have thought up to try and make sure future updates don't end up like we have seen before. The solution is BETA. Ubisoft almost never opens beta to the public anymore. If they would allow for more players to join in beta servers, Level 60+, to test out new items and things that may pertain to duping and other things like that it may help save the server's economy in the long run. In addition to this, if Ubisoft does't want to give the item's name away its as easy as just leaving the name blank and the description blank for the item while in beta. These are my thoughts on this whole fiasco in the last 30 days comment below tell me what you think about all this.
    My Way:

Be Kind
    Be Humble
    Be Wise

Originally posted by IUnify View Post
    2nd off: The Rollback VI, With this rollback I personally wasn't to mad about. This wasn't really a fault of any one person or thing. I personally loved that Ubisoft tried to make it up to the players with double gem drops for two days. The problems were with what followed. The first thing I had seen when the servers came up were tons of Sb's saying that people had lost tons of items such as magplants ect.... Personally I don't know if any of these people with lost items had actually lost them or if they were rolled back enough to where they didn't have them. That is why I'm leaving my opinion as good with this outcome that Ubisoft did with the Rollback VI.
    They had to do a Rollback, because some people lost their items and they weren't able to restore them. Unfortunately when Rollbacks happen sometimes items disappear. This affected items that had been transferred through worlds/trades/dropping etc. People who lost them can contact support about them and they will get them back once confirmed that they did indeed disappear during the Rollback.

3rd off: The Rollback VII, Where do I start with this rollback. I understand why Ubisoft did what they did for this rollback but don't understand why they didn't roll it back further. From the sounds of this rollback approximately a week ago people were able to dupe items in secret. By only rolling back for a week it won't help in the long run. Ubisoft rolled back a days worth of data which again is fine, BUT locking the dls, bgls, and other pheonix items ect... Is not the way to fix the economy currently. If they really wanted to save the economy they would have had to rollback about a weeks worth of time. In addition to this since we can't split dls and bgls or even trade them it has made wls that much more valuable and same with items like vending machines ect.... All I have left to say about this update is that I'm extremely disappointed with Ubisoft With this Rollback and that they seriously need to do something quick about it or they will have more problems than the economy to deal with in the future.
    They can't just Rollback the game a week. That would not work. The glitch apparently had been happening long before it blew up, but majority of the items and the spreading of them happened in short time that was erased by the Rollback. Majority of the problem the glitch caused was solved with the Rollback and now they have to just remove the items duplicated before the Rollback, which hopefully won't take long. I'm personally not disappointed with the Rollback and locking the items, but I'm disappointed in how long it took for them to react properly and severely enough to the glitch. I highly think the Rollback could have been avoided by closing the servers when also fixing the glitch and not letting players spread the items for 8 hours before having to Rollback the game.

Now here is one solution I have thought up to try and make sure future updates don't end up like we have seen before. The solution is BETA. Ubisoft almost never opens beta to the public anymore. If they would allow for more players to join in beta servers, Level 60+, to test out new items and things that may pertain to duping and other things like that it may help save the server's economy in the long run. In addition to this, if Ubisoft does't want to give the item's name away its as easy as just leaving the name blank and the description blank for the item while in beta. These are my thoughts on this whole fiasco in the last 30 days comment below tell me what you think about all this.
    I'd like them to use the beta more often. Last time we used it was during the Backpack Slot Update, and before that I can't even remember. The problem with the code that caused the first Rollback would have probably been found in beta testing? However the glitch that caused the second Rollback had nothing to do with Summer Fest update, so that was just an unfortunate thing to be found right after the previous Rollback. It was caused by Seth's code and it had been here for a long time already without being noticed.

Comment

I understand what you are saying about Rollback VII and how they can't roll back the game for an entire week. But the problem now is the economy because of all the locked dls and bgls even if they find them all what are they gonna do destroy them? Even if they do that, people are going to get upset when they find this out. I would be if I had been traded a duped Bgl or dl and just magically had it disappear. Also With locking the dls the economy is basically put on hold. This destroys the prices and will drive people into buying items more than dls for fear of them losing the ability to trade dls and bgls again. I wouldn't be surprised if people started treating vending machines like dls in order to keep their riches safe. This isn't just about the duped items anymore its about what the developers are doing to the community as a whole by locking items and things like they are currently.
      My Way:

Be Kind
      Be Humble
      Be Wise

Comment

The current development team needs to get better at managing Growtopia. I'm disappointed. I don't even log in often. I see new cool wings and figure I'll try them out. I end up having to wait until the next day and farming the gems twice because of rollbacks.

I would definitely be in favor of finding people who could do the job better so I don't have to farm 200,000 gems twice. I know it doesn't have to be this bad.

They may just enjoy playing damage control over actually playing good at my job people. GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
          The current development team needs to get better at managing Growtopia. I'm disappointed. I don't even log in often. I see new cool wings and figure I'll try them out. I end up having to wait until the next day and farming the gems twice because of rollbacks.

I would definitely be in favor of finding people who could do the job better so I don't have to farm 200,000 gems twice.
          Personally I don't think it's the developer team's fault at all I think its the fault of the team when they don't extensively test these items and features they are putting into the game causing as we have seen duplication of items.
          My Way:

Be Kind
          Be Humble
          Be Wise

Comment

Personally I don't think it's the developer team's fault at all I think its the fault of the team when they don't extensively test these items and features they are putting into the game causing as we have seen duplication of items.
            I don't know who is at fault or who is to blame. I only know that mistakes had been made. I never worked a job I wouldn't eventually get fired from for making many errors.

I couldn't make a lot of mistakes and think I was good at something.

Comment

I understand what you are saying about Rollback VII and how they can't roll back the game for an entire week. But the problem now is the economy because of all the locked dls and bgls even if they find them all what are they gonna do destroy them? Even if they do that, people are going to get upset when they find this out. I would be if I had been traded a duped Bgl or dl and just magically had it disappear. Also With locking the dls the economy is basically put on hold. This destroys the prices and will drive people into buying items more than dls for fear of them losing the ability to trade dls and bgls again. I wouldn't be surprised if people started treating vending machines like dls in order to keep their riches safe. This isn't just about the duped items anymore its about what the developers are doing to the community as a whole by locking items and things like they are currently.
              Yes, they will destroy all the duplicated items. If you bought or sold something and ended up having duplicated items unknowingly you'll obviously get the previous items returned to you and the duplicated ones removed. Nothing be upset or worry about if you didn't buy obviously duplicated items.

I know that the supply of Summer Fest items is much higher than the demand right now, because players just can't buy the Summer Surprises for example as they don't have WLs - just DLs which are locked. Having DLs and BGLs locked created deflation with some items, but if they would not be locked currently and people could use the duplicated ones, there would be huge inflation going on currently. There were hundreds of BGLs duplicated, that's tens of thousands of DLs. I don't know how many of them the Rollback actually took care of, but I am certainly sure that a deflation that lasts couple weeks is a better option than inflation that will never get fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Climper View Post
                Yes, they will destroy all the duplicated items..
                ^This is wrong^

The Growtopia Team has in multiple occasions left some duped items ingame such as during the Spelunkorama dupe earlier this year.

There is a 100% chance that some of the duped items will remain ingame.

░▒▓███████▓▒░
                ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
                ░▒▓███████▓▒░
                ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
                ▽⧩▼▼▼⧨▽
                Random stuff in GOLA
                ▲◭△△△◮▲
                ┅⊏⧖⊐┅

Comment

Originally posted by Jedaki View Post
                  ^This is wrong^

The Growtopia Team has in multiple occasions left some duped items ingame such as during the Spelunkorama dupe earlier this year.

There is a 100% chance that some of the duped items will remain ingame.
                  I think the same thing I don't think that all the duplicated items can be found so in some way shape or form they will remain in growtopia.
                  My Way:

Be Kind
                  Be Humble
                  Be Wise

Comment

Well in my opinion its just

200 yrs of collective gaming server experience

200 light yrs of potatos subs
                    Originally posted by Yasuo
                    *Hasagi*
                    Originally posted by AlsoYasuo
                    *Soryegadon*

Comment

Originally posted by TeachMeHow View Post
                      Well in my opinion its just

200 yrs of collective gaming server experience

200 light yrs of potatos subs
                      I feel that the way the game is currently kinda makes it feel like a potato lol
                      My Way:

Be Kind
                      Be Humble
                      Be Wise

Comment

I have already responded to this concern in two other threads. The duplication was not done just a week ago, it was way more than a week (perhaps even months). So, the team decided to rollback to when the duplicated items were not widely traded yet. And just to add, here's a part of what I said in the other thread:
                        Originally posted by NekoRei View Post
                        But please do understand that doing this is necessary because it's one of the items being investigated right now. Imagine if there were hundreds of thousands or millions of those that were duplicated and we let everyone use those, it's going to be a huge issue. Therefore this has to be done to protect the economy and avoid massive inflation.

Just like what Baskerville mentioned in his announcement, we will be extending SummerFest for a day.

Our team are currently doing their best to resolve this as quickly as we could. Unfortunately, we don't have any set date on when the investigation is going to be done. However, we shall keep you posted.

This is actually part of our plan, which we intended to release sooner. In fact, we already started opening the Beta test for some updates in the past months. However, opening it to the public was proven to be chaotic and messy. Although, we were able to get helpful input, most of those who tested just messed around in the beta server. Therefore, we've constructed a more organized way of doing this. However, this program will have to take a backseat for now. But it will be launched soon!

Comment

Working...
                        X