Please Fix It.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Fix It.

Why doesn't Ubisoft take a few days to really focus on fixing the duplication glitch and all of the trouble the rollbacks caused (losing/gaining items, ruined economy)? I would much rather not play for a few days and come back to a fixed game, rather than the frequent server maintenances (I can't speak for everyone, though. Just my opinion.)

I feel so stuck when I play Growtopia now. I can't sell the supply I made for my friend (diamond locks untradeable), and I can't help but wonder if it's even worth attempting to make any sort of progress (another rollback, wouldn't be surprised). For me, there's no purpose to this game if I can't make any profits.

I know Ubisoft is earning $$$ from IAP because of summerfest (which is totally unfair that the whole event is ruined), but in the long run, closing the servers and fixing the game's issues ASAP is the smarter decision.

Originally posted by vJake View Post
    Why doesn't Ubisoft take a few days to really focus on fixing the duplication glitch and all of the trouble the rollbacks caused (losing/gaining items, ruined economy)? I would much rather not play for a few days and come back to a fixed game, rather than the frequent server maintenances (I can't speak for everyone, though. Just my opinion.)

I feel so stuck when I play Growtopia now. I can't sell the supply I made for my friend (diamond locks untradeable), and I can't help but wonder if it's even worth attempting to make any sort of progress (another rollback, wouldn't be surprised). For me, there's no purpose to this game if I can't make any profits.

I know Ubisoft is earning $$$ from IAP because of summerfest (which is totally unfair that the whole event is ruined), but in the long run, closing the servers and fixing the game's issues ASAP is the smarter decision.
    Agreed. I can’t even trade profit without diamond locks. The game feels useless to play due to not being able to profit and/or fearing a rollback.
    Achievements:

Had 3 Rayman Fists at 1 Time

Owned a BFG

Had 200DLS in my backpack at once

Had 1,000,000 gems in my account at once
    Worrying about my items being deleted because they were probably duplicated

Comment

Ubisofts in a bit of a tough spot at the moment, wherein no matter what they do, they will receive significant amounts of loud criticism from a large amount of the community. As of right now, they are attempting to appease those who mass rated the game 1 star on various app stores, and it’s really hurting the economy and player base as a result. It is 100% the better move at this point to have an extended downtime, however this would lead to a loss in profit in the near future for Ubisoft and upset another portion of the community.

TLDR; A simple decision for us is not a simple decision for a company with many assets to worry about
      Last edited by iEmeraldBoy; 07-06-2020, 02:52 AM. Reason: Spelling lol
      IGN = Delicioso (For now)

Originally posted by Kitty Machine
      I was told I will die of death. A disease that only old people can get.

Thanks Chocolatte

Comment

Please be patient and wait for them to fix the game. I believe they did the best choice on fixing the game.

Comment

Originally posted by iEmeraldBoy View Post
          Ubisofts in a bit of a tough spot at the mone thing, wherein no matter what they do, they will receive significant amounts of loud criticism from a large amount of the community. As of right now, they are attempting to appease those who mass rated the game 1 star on various app stores, and it’s really hurting the economy and player base as a result. It is 100% the better move at this point to have an extended downtime, however this would lead to a loss in profit in the near future for Ubisoft and upset another portion of the community.

TLDR; A simple decision for us is not a simple decision for a company with many assets to worry about
          Someone with some sense.
          Interesting threads I've made:
          BFGSITE: Free Daily BFG

Comment

Originally posted by iEmeraldBoy View Post
            Ubisofts in a bit of a tough spot at the mone thing, wherein no matter what they do, they will receive significant amounts of loud criticism from a large amount of the community. As of right now, they are attempting to appease those who mass rated the game 1 star on various app stores, and it’s really hurting the economy and player base as a result. It is 100% the better move at this point to have an extended downtime, however this would lead to a loss in profit in the near future for Ubisoft and upset another portion of the community.

Yeah, you're right... I guess fixing the game is much easier said than done. Ubisoft is a BILLION dollar company, so I subconsciously find myself having higher standards for them.

Comment

Originally posted by LargeFry View Post
              Agreed. I can’t even trade profit without diamond locks. The game feels useless to play due to not being able to profit and/or fearing a rollback.
              I think we should all spend this time focusing on the community and making actual connections than profit.
              IGN: Gesine
              Level: 63
              Forumer Since: Sept. 5, 2014.

----------------------------------------
              Support: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/games/5847?platform=9

Comment

Ubisoft team isn't ruining the economy of Growtopia. They are fixing the choas which the duplicators caused. As Nekorei told today the Ubisoft team is trying to do DLs tradeable again within 1 day. Let's hope for a better tomorrow.
                Last edited by Alvarion; 07-06-2020, 09:42 PM.
                Kind regards,
                Alvarion

Comment

there's no difference between keeping servers down for a few days and what we currently have though? theyre cleaning items at the same rate that they would if the server was down, and theres a significantly less amount now that we rollbacked 1 day. you can take a break, but not the whole game needs to shut down, ubisoft is a business afterall.
                  Ariana/Zya

Comment

Working...
                  X