Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Merged] Opinions on Current Situation (Rollback + Dupes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iooksim View Post
    so no more rollback right?
    You mean the final rollback.
    IGN: HalfArrow
    Blue Name: ​104/125

Comment

first option

Originally posted by Baskerville View Post
      Hello everyone,

Unfortunately there are only a few options to make sure the economy of the game does not suffer too much:

Leave the server in maintenance until all items are retrieved
      This would lead into the game not available for multiple days.

Perform a rollback of multiple days before the duplication started
      Players would lose multiple days of progress and restoring the game for more than 2-3 days would cause more issues on top of the current ones.

Don't perform a rollback and retract the items (tradable) overtime
      This would have everlasting damage due to the amount of items flooded into the economy. With the items tradable, it would get harder and harder to retrieve them the longer it takes. On top of this, trades of duped items would lead into many players loosing a lot of items as well.

Don't perform a rollback and retract the items (untradable) overtime
      This would protect further trades, however many items would have also been traded and players would lose their already traded items.

Perform a rollback and retract the items (untradable) overtime > current option we chose
      Players would lose progress for a day, but this would protect the players from trades against duped items. Disabling trades will also prevent items to flood the economy. Please note that DLs are no exception! We are also retracting a large amount of duplicated BGLs and DLs. If we enable DL-trade before they are retracted, the WL-price of items would anyway drop, even more than it is currently.

We will keep you posted on the situation. We've made great progress so far already, but we're not done yet, but we will clean it up as much as we can.

~ Baskerville
      Most players would want the first option which is keeping the server in long maintenance for an example of not just me if there were another rollback days before they dupes i would loose 320 dls I'm sure many others are also losing which will make the game get more hate. So id recommend putting the servers in a long maintenance.

There is another big issue and it's that 5% of the people were falsely banned and the support is ignoring it or so I think. I found 5 other people who were banned alongside me whilst we didn't do anything.

There are many issues that need to be resolved so better put the servers for a long maintenance.

Goodluck growtopia team and hope it all gets resolved soon the false bans and the dupes!
      Hope there isnt going to be another rollback!

sincerely
      W4H

Comment

Originally posted by W4HGT View Post
        Most players would want the first option which is keeping the server in long maintenance for an example of not just me if there were another rollback days before they dupes i would loose 320 dls I'm sure many others are also losing which will make the game get more hate. So id recommend putting the servers in a long maintenance.

There is another big issue and it's that 5% of the people were falsely banned and the support is ignoring it or so I think. I found 5 other people who were banned alongside me whilst we didn't do anything.

There are many issues that need to be resolved so better put the servers for a long maintenance.

Goodluck growtopia team and hope it all gets resolved soon the false bans and the dupes!
        Hope there isnt going to be another rollback!

sincerely
        W4H
        That’s the thing, most but not all players agree the servers should undergo a long maintenance. From what Baskerville said, I think it would be a huge risk for Ubisoft to do it.

Apparently, almost 80% of the audience are hard to satisfy nowadays. People are now more exposed to advanced technology and their standards are getting higher. Sad to say, the larger audience (kids) keep on complaining and whatnot but are still playing the game.

It’s difficult to know who’s lying and who isn’t, especially at times like these where problems are piling up for the company. Both the Team and the players lack transparency of their work which makes it harder to communicate, at all. In my opinion, we would not have known which options the Growtopia Team had, had we (players) not only made such threads directed to them.

I guess we have no choice but to wait for results. Let’s just be patient

Comment

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately there are only a few options to make sure the economy of the game does not suffer too much:

Players would lose multiple days of progress and restoring the game for more than 2-3 days would cause more issues on top of the current ones.

This would have everlasting damage due to the amount of items flooded into the economy. With the items tradable, it would get harder and harder to retrieve them the longer it takes. On top of this, trades of duped items would lead into many players loosing a lot of items as well.

This would protect further trades, however many items would have also been traded and players would lose their already traded items.

Perform a rollback and retract the items (untradable) overtime > current option we chose
          Players would lose progress for a day, but this would protect the players from trades against duped items. Disabling trades will also prevent items to flood the economy. Please note that DLs are no exception! We are also retracting a large amount of duplicated BGLs and DLs. If we enable DL-trade before they are retracted, the WL-price of items would anyway drop, even more than it is currently.

We will keep you posted on the situation. We've made great progress so far already, but we're not done yet, but we will clean it up as much as we can.

~ Baskerville

I prefer to rollback till 30th of june. This will remove the duplicated items and recover all the items who lost in rollback (Rayman, magplant, gaia, ut, etc).

Comment

Lol?

Originally posted by Defendant View Post
            How about those people who real lost his items, and don't have any proof? Who know this will happened. I was lost 1 rayman, 2 ut , 2 gaia.
            Trust me , support will return it if u have proper proof in logs. Its only lossed because you attempted to dupe it and failed miserably.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jedaki View Post
            Asking for solid proof of you having magplants is not just possible in most situations. Pictures and videos can easily be edited and not many choose to take pictures of their magplants. What proof can they provide? Nothing. The only thing that can prove that you lost a magplant are logs.

The way you phrased that makes me feel that you're a magplant owner trying to wipe a good chunk of the supply so it will rise even more.
            lol no ... i cant even afford a magplant

Comment

My takes on the current situation (dupes/rollback)

To preface, I am no bootlicker, I don't want to be a mod, or guardian or whatever it is on the forums. Now that that is out of the way here is my take. Ubisoft is going through a tough time with this as rollbacks and dupes are no easy tasks to get rid of, and complaining on sbs/bcs/ forums will do absolutely nothing. Id say they are quite aware that this is not ideal circumstances by any means. Also the dupe situation will last a week max id say so just suck it up . I'm open to all takes and id be willing to discuss with anyone and everyone
              Ign: Thewebb

Comment

Originally posted by iProTheFloor View Post
                Before the rollback july 3rd , i was bound to make over 4 DL in under 12 hours . I had all the items stocked and ready and then the servers were rolled back . All of a sudden DL's were not usable as i had 320 WL so i basically had 20 WL to use in the whole of summer fest /fp . If you were gonna do that then atleast delay summer fest till DL's are back to normal . But not to worry i managed to make over 200WLS since the recent rollback with the same profit method with that 20 WL

------------------------------------------

Opinion on 1 Week rollback

First of all , that isnt possible , gt doesnt have data from 1 week ago. [AFAIK]

Second of all , even if everyone voted on it , it wouldnt happen , Imagine a WEEKS! worth of progress gone ? that would make a huge loss of profits for ubisoft since a large majority of the playerbase would most likely , if not, WILL quit .

Finally , a week's rollback wouldnt do much since the dupe cant be fixed that way and would lead to more and more rollbacks thus leading to the death of growtopia.

-------------------------------------
                Personal opinion on what should have happened

Honestly , i think that they should have shut down growtopia for a 3-5 days doing full maintenance on the server (removing duped items , banning dupers , refunding wls and magplants with CLEAR log proof other wise it would be another issue because people are lying about magplants.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

At last , MAGPLANTS should not be refunded and other unobtainable items unless they have SOLID proof and proof in logs too , otherwise many people would get free magplants leading to another inicident (but less damaging) like the pheonix wings.

Nekorei wrote a Thread today where she told that they are trying to do DLs tradeable again within 1 day. Let's hope for the best.
                Last edited by Alvarion; 07-06-2020, 09:25 PM.
                Kind regards,
                Alvarion

Comment

I've lost all my trust and confidence in how Ubisoft runs Growtopia. I don't care about Growtopia enough anymore to rant about or bash Ubisoft. You reap what you sow. Poor effort equals poor results. Growtopia was special when it was ran by independent developers. I don't see that passion invested into the game anymore.

People can excuse away mistakes if they want if it makes them feel better. I just look at past production and predict further calamity and mismanagement of this game. I'm going to need to see some passion involved before I believe the people working on this game actually love doing it.

I don't know how the people at Ubisoft could feel like the work they are doing is adequate right now. They are very asleep at the wheel and are about to crash. They need to tighten up and get more focused.

Honestly I play a variety of games that I don't have to worry about being broken on occasion so it's no big deal to just take a break from GT when it's broken during new updates.
                  Last edited by Shawn Wilson; 07-06-2020, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chyena View Post
                    That’s the thing, most but not all players agree the servers should undergo a long maintenance. From what Baskerville said, I think it would be a huge risk for Ubisoft to do it.

Apparently, almost 80% of the audience are hard to satisfy nowadays. People are now more exposed to advanced technology and their standards are getting higher. Sad to say, the larger audience (kids) keep on complaining and whatnot but are still playing the game.

It’s difficult to know who’s lying and who isn’t, especially at times like these where problems are piling up for the company. Both the Team and the players lack transparency of their work which makes it harder to communicate, at all. In my opinion, we would not have known which options the Growtopia Team had, had we (players) not only made such threads directed to them.

I guess we have no choice but to wait for results. Let’s just be patient
                    I agree with you but they could also make a huge update after the long maintenance so the audience is satisfied and doesn't get mad.

Also they will be more pissed when they preform another rollback....

Lets see what the Future has for us to offer :smile:

Comment

Hello everyone,

~ Baskerville
                      I personally believe that the first option is the best thing to do. A third rollback will cause chaos. Fixing the game for an entire week or month is better than losing all the progress we had. Rollbacks won't fix the problem, they can just simply exploit the loophole in the game all over again. Finding and fixing the codes that causes the errors takes time, and time is the thing that the developers need. We the players don't want another rollback, one is good for trial, and two is enough. Shut the game down, find the problem on the codes and fix it. We can wait for an entire month as long as the game runs properly again.

Ps. Baskerville's reply should also be on the announcements. Everyone needs to see this. We need transparency from the team.

EDIT: I've mistakenly read "chose" as "choose". The team conducted the 5th option already.
                      Last edited by Lokean; 07-07-2020, 09:27 AM.
                      Lokean
                      LVL:64
                      GrowStocks Guardian/Editor

➨Online Price Checker: https://growstocks.xyz
                      ➨Online Set Planner:
                      https://planner.growstocks.xyz

Comment

Originally posted by Lokean View Post
                        A third rollback will cause chaos.
                        There is no third rollback. He just explained why did they pick the last option among all of the other options.

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
                        - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

most of the replies to Baskerville are silly, They chose to rollback as their best options. It's still a win for both sides. If they chose to go under mantainance for a few days, The players might somehow see this as a bigger win but the company will suffer from profit losses for a few days.
                          IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Comment

ONE MAIN KEY WE HAVE TO PATIENCE

I am play this game almost 3 year.if any problem such as bug,glitch,rollback etc.we should not pressure devs and all mods,they are all human,with a plus min.they work hard to fix it,i believe growtopia will be a big game player.thank to devs and all mods who hard work,big thump up for you all.ignore all player who bully/pressure/blame .they are all mass majority under 14 year old
                            #iam 42 year old
                            #a true farmer
                            #100 world chand
                            #i like this game
                            #magplant more 20
                            #ut 7
                            #gaia 1

Comment

Originally posted by Hermaneft1 View Post
                              I am play this game almost 3 year.if any problem such as bug,glitch,rollback etc.we should not pressure devs and all mods,they are all human,with a plus min.they work hard to fix it,i believe growtopia will be a big game player.thank to devs and all mods who hard work,big thump up for you all.ignore all player who bully/pressure/blame .they are all mass majority under 14 year old
                              #iam 42 year old
                              #a true farmer
                              #100 world chand
                              #i like this game
                              #magplant more 20
                              #ut 7
                              #gaia 1
                              Are you really 42 years old? if so, you're the oldest Growtopian I've met, the last one is 30 years old

Comment

Originally posted by iZage View Post
                                Are you really 42 years old? if so, you're the oldest Growtopian I've met, the last one is 30 years old
                                I am never lie about my age,see my facebook :herman eft,i dont use ig it for millenial.ty

Comment

Working...
                                X