Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Merged] Opinions on Current Situation (Rollback + Dupes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hermaneft1 View Post
    I am never lie about my age,see my facebook :herman eft,i dont use ig it for millenial.ty
    he do be spitting facts
    “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor
    “I was born to make mistakes, not to be perfect.”
    ― Ross Lynch

Comment

i think that the rollback would be nice

Comment

Originally posted by Liquify View Post
        most of the replies to Baskerville are silly, They chose to rollback as their best options. It's still a win for both sides. If they chose to go under mantainance for a few days, The players might somehow see this as a bigger win but the company will suffer from profit losses for a few days.
        No replies under this thread are silly, as we players are only voicing out our opinion. Whatever decision the team would have made were still advantageous for both sides. Plus, Ubisoft would still lose profit whether they conduct a long maintenance, a rollback or neither. Nobody would want to spend on a broken game.

Anyways, the situation we are currently in is what only matters now. Let us just be patient and have faith in the moderators.

Comment

Originally posted by Chyena View Post
          No replies under this thread are silly, as we players are only voicing out our opinion. Whatever decision the team would have made were still advantageous for both sides. Plus, Ubisoft would still lose profit whether they conduct a long maintenance, a rollback or neither. Nobody would want to spend on a broken game.

Anyways, the situation we are currently in is what only matters now. Let us just be patient and have faith in the moderators.
          if the game is closed for a few days, they'll loose even more.
          IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Comment

Open Beta Server during maintenance

I prefer the current server to be maintained until all problems are resolved, during maintenance, why not just open Beta Server for everyone. So they all can still play while waiting for the main server to be repaired.

-- Update --
            It might create confusion, but make a notification on the screen and chat, the main server is under repair and investigation, you are currently in Beta Server (in various languages)

Comment

Originally posted by bznn View Post
              I prefer the current server to be maintained until all problems are resolved, during maintenance, why not just open Beta Server for everyone. So they all can still play while waiting for the main server to be repaired.

-- Update --
              It might create confusion, but make a notification on the screen and chat, the main server is under repair and investigation, you are currently in Beta Server (in various languages)
              It's time growtopia take a stand close the game so what if u lose players this is a huge issue just open Beta so people can have fun and make sure beta gets wiped it's simple as that
              Not sure why I'm back but I'm back
              IGN: Deno855
              TRUE OG
              Level: 71
              Gems: 352k / 1mil
              WLS: Who even cares its the effort
              Instagram: @deno855_gt

Comment

Originally posted by Baskerville View Post
                Hello everyone,

Unfortunately there are only a few options to make sure the economy of the game does not suffer too much:

Leave the server in maintenance until all items are retrieved
                This would lead into the game not available for multiple days.

Perform a rollback of multiple days before the duplication started
                Players would lose multiple days of progress and restoring the game for more than 2-3 days would cause more issues on top of the current ones.

Don't perform a rollback and retract the items (tradable) overtime
                This would have everlasting damage due to the amount of items flooded into the economy. With the items tradable, it would get harder and harder to retrieve them the longer it takes. On top of this, trades of duped items would lead into many players loosing a lot of items as well.

Don't perform a rollback and retract the items (untradable) overtime
                This would protect further trades, however many items would have also been traded and players would lose their already traded items.

Perform a rollback and retract the items (untradable) overtime > current option we chose
                Players would lose progress for a day, but this would protect the players from trades against duped items. Disabling trades will also prevent items to flood the economy. Please note that DLs are no exception! We are also retracting a large amount of duplicated BGLs and DLs. If we enable DL-trade before they are retracted, the WL-price of items would anyway drop, even more than it is currently.

We will keep you posted on the situation. We've made great progress so far already, but we're not done yet, but we will clean it up as much as we can.

~ Baskerville
                Now you have done option 5. for now, many want DLs to return to trade, we need another option, where between options 1 and 4 as a pretty good advanced option, after DLs are needed now, we have to think about what other options, whether choose one of those options? Or other options?

Option 1 is not good for your team, option 4 is not good for players who now want DLs to return to normal, if you want to choose option 1, it might be possible if it is gradual, for example a day of maintenance, tomorrow not, to take a break, and continue tomorrow, or ? Do you want to extend the options now? That's the same as option 4

The decision is yours, we only give advice from the player's point of view, it's hard to choose or look for other options, you want to not disappoint the players again, but all the burden must be you who experience

I hope this is quickly resolved and you can overcome the second problem, which is losing goods, because I also lost, good luck
                GrowID:RapidRollGT
                Main and BFG Link:OCGU
                Daily Free Chand BFG With VIP Entrance

Comment

Working...
                X