Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Merged] Opinions on Current Situation (Rollback + Dupes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Merged] Opinions on Current Situation (Rollback + Dupes)

It would be better if the team handling Growtopia were to shut down servers at least until both the duplication issue and lagging issue are fixed. It's like hitting two birds with one stone; making long maintenance hours useful enough. In my opinion, both doing maintenance and restarting the servers daily rather than taking a whole day or so is difficult for both sides (team & players).

Rollback to a week or so still won't do it (at least that's the way I see this mediocre). Duplicating has been going on for a long time now, and apparently, there's no stopping. It would be a huge mess for everybody to think that rollbacks are the only way to solve this. Rollback results to losing the time you spent playing the game only to do it all over again. My suggestion: Fix the game, take all the time the GT Team needs. They seriously need to up their game, secure and test it out before releasing something new/opening the servers again. If they don't, well, people will continuously discover something to break the game. It would suck for everybody, including the team and the players, to have their time wasted (with the rollbacks) rather than use that time for something productive (i.e. fixing the codes/encoding, work, education).

With the Growtopia servers remaining open, the economy is dying as we speak. Prices continuously drop due to demand for world locks. Although it has been stated by a moderator that diamond locks are to be unlocked in a day or so, the players have already suffered net loss.

Six years and two months into the game and this is the worst I've experienced (V-Day/Feb 2020 was just a trial, apparently). Growtopia was not originally made by Ubisoft, which probably makes it THAT hard to comply with the game. Hopefully, someone shares the same sentiments as mine. If I had incorrectly addressed something, or said anything not in line with your opinion, please don't hesitate to leave your comment/s. This should be my first and last post in the forums.

This deserves a bump!
    Totally agree with this.
    "One day you leave this world behind,so live a life you will remember." - Avicii

Level:125/125.(6 June 2020)

Comment

Originally posted by Chyena View Post

Six years and two months into the game and this is the worst I've experienced (V-Day/Feb 2020 was just a trial, apparently). .
      how about december 2018
      Growtopian since 12 January 2013 but all traces of my existence before 2016 have been erased.
      IGN:Quarterstone
      Level:125

Comment

Originally posted by 5351 View Post
        how about december 2018
        what happened during that

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
        - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately there are only a few options to make sure the economy of the game does not suffer too much:

Leave the server in maintenance until all items are retrieved
          This would lead into the game not available for multiple days.

Perform a rollback of multiple days before the duplication started
          Players would lose multiple days of progress and restoring the game for more than 2-3 days would cause more issues on top of the current ones.

Don't perform a rollback and retract the items (tradable) overtime
          This would have everlasting damage due to the amount of items flooded into the economy. With the items tradable, it would get harder and harder to retrieve them the longer it takes. On top of this, trades of duped items would lead into many players loosing a lot of items as well.

Don't perform a rollback and retract the items (untradable) overtime
          This would protect further trades, however many items would have also been traded and players would lose their already traded items.

Perform a rollback and retract the items (untradable) overtime > current option we chose
          Players would lose progress for a day, but this would protect the players from trades against duped items. Disabling trades will also prevent items to flood the economy. Please note that DLs are no exception! We are also retracting a large amount of duplicated BGLs and DLs. If we enable DL-trade before they are retracted, the WL-price of items would anyway drop, even more than it is currently.

We will keep you posted on the situation. We've made great progress so far already, but we're not done yet, but we will clean it up as much as we can.

~ Baskerville

Comment

Originally posted by Baskerville View Post
            Hello everyone,

Unfortunately there are only a few options to make sure the economy of the game does not suffer too much:

Players would lose multiple days of progress and restoring the game for more than 2-3 days would cause more issues on top of the current ones.

This would have everlasting damage due to the amount of items flooded into the economy. With the items tradable, it would get harder and harder to retrieve them the longer it takes. On top of this, trades of duped items would lead into many players loosing a lot of items as well.

This would protect further trades, however many items would have also been traded and players would lose their already traded items.

Perform a rollback and retract the items (untradable) overtime > current option we chose
            Players would lose progress for a day, but this would protect the players from trades against duped items. Disabling trades will also prevent items to flood the economy. Please note that DLs are no exception! We are also retracting a large amount of duplicated BGLs and DLs. If we enable DL-trade before they are retracted, the WL-price of items would anyway drop, even more than it is currently.

We will keep you posted on the situation. We've made great progress so far already, but we're not done yet, but we will clean it up as much as we can.

~ Baskerville

I can understand like why the team chose the decision, but at the same time, IMO the game could probably take the first option. It's also a good way for people to take a break from the screen, given the world situation and how most young people like students have to resort to online learning. Come to think of it, it would also be a great time to fix existing issues along with the dupe removal.
            I don't know how many people agree with me, but I feel that there should be a yearly thing where 1 week is set aside for people to not play the game, and whatever minor issues are ongoing could be fixed. Welcome back the players with some gem and xp benefits and/or, well, iap promotions. It's up to the team to decide if it's a good idea, i'll just suggest some options.

Comment

Summer Fest ruined + Opinions on 1 week rollback + Personal opinion .

Before the rollback july 3rd , i was bound to make over 4 DL in under 12 hours . I had all the items stocked and ready and then the servers were rolled back . All of a sudden DL's were not usable as i had 320 WL so i basically had 20 WL to use in the whole of summer fest /fp . If you were gonna do that then atleast delay summer fest till DL's are back to normal . But not to worry i managed to make over 200WLS since the recent rollback with the same profit method with that 20 WL

------------------------------------------

Opinion on 1 Week rollback

First of all , that isnt possible , gt doesnt have data from 1 week ago. [AFAIK]

Second of all , even if everyone voted on it , it wouldnt happen , Imagine a WEEKS! worth of progress gone ? that would make a huge loss of profits for ubisoft since a large majority of the playerbase would most likely , if not, WILL quit .

Finally , a week's rollback wouldnt do much since the dupe cant be fixed that way and would lead to more and more rollbacks thus leading to the death of growtopia.

-------------------------------------
              Personal opinion on what should have happened

Honestly , i think that they should have shut down growtopia for a 3-5 days doing full maintenance on the server (removing duped items , banning dupers , refunding wls and magplants with CLEAR log proof other wise it would be another issue because people are lying about magplants.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

At last , MAGPLANTS should not be refunded and other unobtainable items unless they have SOLID proof and proof in logs too , otherwise many people would get free magplants leading to another inicident (but less damaging) like the pheonix wings.

Comment

yes, agree, but this is another repeated thread. please put it under the merged threads regarding it thanks

Comment

I can't really remember which thread but someone said that long maintenances wouldn't help it.

By *Someone* i mean staff member.
                  InGame Name: vHowl
                  LVL 55
                  Discord: vHowl#5378

sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone,

~ Baskerville
                    Hi Baskerville,

While I agree with the options given and with the decision made, it is highly commendable that the team chose to disable DL-trades.

However, this caused a lot of highly demanded items to drop as low as possible, considering players need world locks for Summerfest, or other necessities. Sure, it would have been beneficial for the buyers who bought an item at a cheap price, but it would affect the seller's earning (assuming s/he bought an item at a.. high price way before the rollback). A long maintenance would have sufficed, although it would've been nonstop.. and exhausting. So, I understand.

But then, you do you. As soon as the issues are cleared, us, Growtopians, are satisfied enough as long as we are compensated.

Thank you for the hard work you put into the game. Hands down

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by IHaveNoName_ View Post
                    I can't really remember which thread but someone said that long maintenances wouldn't help it.

By *Someone* i mean staff member.
                    I guess that *someone* replied under this thread!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Olaf1234_gt View Post
                    I can understand like why the team chose the decision, but at the same time, IMO the game could probably take the first option. It's also a good way for people to take a break from the screen, given the world situation and how most young people like students have to resort to online learning. Come to think of it, it would also be a great time to fix existing issues along with the dupe removal.
                    I don't know how many people agree with me, but I feel that there should be a yearly thing where 1 week is set aside for people to not play the game, and whatever minor issues are ongoing could be fixed. Welcome back the players with some gem and xp benefits and/or, well, iap promotions. It's up to the team to decide if it's a good idea, i'll just suggest some options.
                    I highly agree with you! A long maintenance would have been beneficial for both the Growtopia Team and us players, no? But then, it would've been exhausting on their part (AFAIK, Ubisoft is on a rough patch). However, considering the age group of the players.. the team would be a hell lot of pressured into finishing the maintenance. Thus, causing another bug to break out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chyena View Post

I highly agree with you! A long maintenance would have been beneficial for both the Growtopia Team and us players, no? But then, it would've been exhausting on their part (AFAIK, Ubisoft is on a rough patch). However, considering the age group of the players.. the team would be a hell lot of pressured into finishing the maintenance. Thus, causing another bug to break out.
                      Honestly, don't care about what people say. When they want better servers they complain. But if maintenance to fix the servers are too long they complain. You can never satisfy them, so do what is best for the community as a whole, even if it takes a long time

Comment

Originally posted by iProTheFloor View Post
                        At last , MAGPLANTS should not be refunded and other unobtainable items unless they have SOLID proof and proof in logs too , otherwise many people would get free magplants leading to another inicident (but less damaging) like the pheonix wings.
                        Asking for solid proof of you having magplants is not just possible in most situations. Pictures and videos can easily be edited and not many choose to take pictures of their magplants. What proof can they provide? Nothing. The only thing that can prove that you lost a magplant are logs.

The way you phrased that makes me feel that you're a magplant owner trying to wipe a good chunk of the supply so it will rise even more.

░▒▓███████▓▒░
                        ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
                        ░▒▓███████▓▒░
                        ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
                        ▽⧩▼▼▼⧨▽
                        Random stuff in GOLA
                        ▲◭△△△◮▲
                        ┅⊏⧖⊐┅

Comment

Hello everyone,

~ Baskerville
                          Number 4(perform a rollback + retract)
                          Not just 2-3 days, I prefer one till 30th of june. This will not just remove the duplicated items, but will also recover all the progress players lost in rollbacks and etc. Moreover, this will help players who lost their item's price and whom lost alot of their items to recover all that.
                          IGN: HalfArrow
                          Blue Name: ​104/125

Comment

Originally posted by iProTheFloor View Post
                            Before the rollback july 3rd , i was bound to make over 4 DL in under 12 hours . I had all the items stocked and ready and then the servers were rolled back . All of a sudden DL's were not usable as i had 320 WL so i basically had 20 WL to use in the whole of summer fest /fp . If you were gonna do that then atleast delay summer fest till DL's are back to normal . But not to worry i managed to make over 200WLS since the recent rollback with the same profit method with that 20 WL

------------------------------------------

Opinion on 1 Week rollback

First of all , that isnt possible , gt doesnt have data from 1 week ago. [AFAIK]

Second of all , even if everyone voted on it , it wouldnt happen , Imagine a WEEKS! worth of progress gone ? that would make a huge loss of profits for ubisoft since a large majority of the playerbase would most likely , if not, WILL quit .

Finally , a week's rollback wouldnt do much since the dupe cant be fixed that way and would lead to more and more rollbacks thus leading to the death of growtopia.

-------------------------------------
                            Personal opinion on what should have happened

Honestly , i think that they should have shut down growtopia for a 3-5 days doing full maintenance on the server (removing duped items , banning dupers , refunding wls and magplants with CLEAR log proof other wise it would be another issue because people are lying about magplants.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

How about those people who real lost his items, and don't have any proof? Who know this will happened. I was lost 1 rayman, 2 ut , 2 gaia.

Comment

so no more rollback right?

Comment

Working...
                              X