X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (repost) ubisoft's flaw

Originally posted by UBIDEV View Post
    Hey

The issues has been fixed hours back and clean up has been done. There will always be screenshots circulating on forums , lets be more wise and work together towards calming down and enjoying the summer fest.

On a good note; we are still working on optimizations to give better performance.
    Props to QueenChloeGT for helping me find this as part of proof for this post.

a few notes before i begin, this is a rather lengthy post, so if you read the whole thing, good job.

the original post has been deleted by Misthios for some rather mature content, so i have removed it. i reposted in hopes that the staff may read this.

This is my personal opinion toward Ubisoft in the current situation. i do not believe that the poor servers are entirely their fault. However, i would like to point out the biggest flaw that they have (or two biggest, suit yourself.)

most of the points i make in this post have proof, which is why the post is so lengthy. brace yourself.

I understand that the dupes was not entirely Ubisoft's fault, but please just stop lying to us.You guys aren't even good liars. Machinima's upload schedule is more consistent than your lies.You let players dupe thousands of bgls that spread everywhere while people spent 7 years grinding for only a fraction of the same amount. everything you have been saying, 'its getting fixed','The dupe issue is fixed', or the previous incident where you extended the eta by god knows how many hours, all of it proves that you guys are big liars. you guys are exactly like spez, where the community of his creation absolutely hates him. Please just be honest. if you can do it in 15 hours, just say so. don't get our hopes up with an eta of 3 hours or so. its really irritating and unprofessional. Take as long as you need to fix the bugs in the update, and never rush an update. But most importantly, stop lying. Both Mike and Seth were down to earth and straight to the point. its embarrassing enough that Seth can maintain a server better than everyone here combined(or a mere ddos attacker, vyte), but i want to forgive and forget about it.The biggest problem now is you aren't accepting you flawed until the very last minute. want me to prove it?

Originally posted by Baskerville
    we immediately resolved the duplication issue and investigated the next steps.
    While this may be true (spoiler, its not)you guys doing the maintenance now is absolute bull.I do not care about whatever unorthodox server maintenance methods you are keeping from us right now, but thousands of bgls were duped god knows how many days ago, yet you only did something about getting rid of them today, or at least RIGHT NOW. everyone that got the trident/scarf loses their progress because of your inability to react swiftly. Moreover, you guys let the dupes become tradeable even after the server maintenance , which is a big no no. the current virus situation is a sort of an example. if you can't trace it quickly enough, it spreads even more. THAT, is another one of the issues you guys at Ubisoft have. Please, its ok to disappoint us sometimes, but don't make it worse by lying to us;raising our hopes up, and don't just 'do nothing about it' until the very last minute. look, how many people are complaining that they lost their phoenix scarf, and profits, etc. i appreciate that you're fixing the economy, but please react quicker. everyone suffers because you guys cannot react immediately after hearing of any issues.You guys, not even singlehandedly made many people lose profits that may otherwise take a few years to grind for. For most people, this is our last chance.For some, they are tired of your uh,issues.Even the update discussions section of the forums is blowing up. Isn't that a good enough warning?
    To anyone wondering about spez,he is the ceo of reddit. I would love to post what happened to him but the content included is the reason why the original post got deleted.

no one cares if its about a minor issue (even so its only minor compared to spez's situation) such as an eta,or server status, because no matter what you will always get hated for lying.

Ubisoft threw away most of the good values Mike and Seth had in the game, and i don't think anyone is happy that they are travestying it.Moreover,they simply don't care, and they tell 8 lies for every truth(unless there are 0 truths, which means everything is a lie). i don't care if i get banned for posting this, because i need them to understand that they need to stop lying about everything.Because, at the end of the day, no one will like you.Even someone here who defended their actions said he disliked the fact that Ubisoft was lying. the worst part? Most companies do this. not just Reddit or Ubisoft but you also have companies like EA. and they just refuse to change. maybe its because Mike and Seth are individual game makers so they are more down to earth, but no one hated them. maybe its time to change, Ubisoft.
    Or perhaps its due to your interest in money? Well, many people are quitting the game because of your incompetencies. money is what drives everyone apparently. no one cares about the feelings of their communities, apparently.You aren't even doing the bare minimum, only less than that.I bet vyte makes more money, but i'm not one to assume.

So what can Ubisoft do? for starters, you could:

-Start testing the 'new code' or features on beta before releasing.
    this started because you for whatever reason, boasted on the gazette that you were trying out a new code, but that means you obviously have not beta tested it.The excuse given was it was 'chaotic and messy', but then you look at Let's Game It Out who breaks the limits of whatever games (exploits, etc) he is sent to by devs, which can be considered beta testing.I mean, that IS the point right? if it was not chaotic then how would you find bugs?

-Actually listen to people.
    It's embarrassing that the community is giving the developers advice, but learn to accept it.You look at paramount with the sonic movie, and it did not flop because they listened to advice.That is the difference between constructive criticism and beating someone down. we WANT to help, but you guys don't want us to help.Some of us try to give our opinions in a non-derogatory manner.Please take it.you ask for our feedback on the features of the update but not how to improve server stability.I know we may not be as smart but there are some who really want to help.

-Learn from past mistakes.
    how many times have you ruined the server?December 2017 and 2018, February 2019,I could go on and on.You guys keep apologising, but there is no point if you can't learn from your past mistakes.

-Please do not focus on optimizing performance.
    Focus on fixing the flaws with the server before you do this.I don't want Growtopia to turn into a 21st century Pokemon Blue.

-Sound more genuine.
    Please stop using copy paste replies when asking for people's GrowIDs after they lost their accounts, etc.I know this may take a lot of work, but the least you can do is reply to other comments on your tweets.Also, you guys sound like you simply do not care(I am not even talking about how the main company gave the game to a branch who has never maintained a server before).You hired mods with 0 experience in the game and they did a crass job (such as Restford) and you let him run wild?It took a while for him to get unmodded.Meanwhile mods like iSG got unmodded in only 1 week, which is a serious contrast.Another thing i would like to say is that you are giving the wrong assurance.Do not promise a short ETA, but rather that our items are safe. Take as much time as you need for the ETA (see below).This also shows that you simply don't care about our actual needs.

-Focus on the cause, not the problem.
    This is not the first instance, but after the first rollback the bug still worked.Even if it did not, you guys let bgls spread everywhere after the first one, which resulted in the second. Do you see the problem now?Prioritise the causes before fixing the problems.

-Stop releasing the server at the expected eta if you open it up just to close it again. (also stop lying)
    Make a REASONABLE and FEASIBLE eta, but don't just 'not give an eta'.We are tired of anticipating the expected eta only to find that you guys have not fixed anything at all.make a reasonable eta, say, maybe 10 hours, and do as much as you need.Check that everything is fine before opening up. if its not, then extend it.But as i said, make a reasonable eta.Don't say 2 hours just to expand it by 4 more.This, along with the aforementioned, are recurring problems since as early as February 2017.It's not something we can't tolerate, but not solving the issues you have shows bad attitude, and it annoys many.This includes promising us that we will be 'back online shortly'. don't get our hopes up.Change the message if need be.Need proof that they do this? sure, let me copy paste all their tweets since July,nothing more, nothing less.

Oh boy.

Hey Growtopians,

We're going to put the servers into maintenance in a moment. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will let you know once they are back!

~ Pangloss
    Growtopia Official
    @growtopiagame
    ·
    27m
    Hello Growtopians,

Unfortunately, the maintenance is still on-going. We will let you know on any changes. We apologize again for the inconvenience.

~ Pangloss
    Growtopia Official
    @growtopiagame
    ·
    13h
    Hey Growtopians,

We're going to put the servers into maintenance in a moment, to investigate solutions to retrieve the items that were falsely introduced into the game.

~ Baskerville
    Growtopia Official
    @growtopiagame
    ·
    11h
    Hello Growtopians,

The maintenance will last for approx. another 4 hours. We are performing a 24-hour rollback and make some items untradable to contain the duplication issue. Unfortunately all Summerfest progress will be lost. Read more: http://ow.ly/u4mr50Apmpl

~ Baskerville
    Growtopia Official
    @growtopiagame
    ·
    6h
    Hey Growtopians,

The maintenance is over and the servers are available again. Please read more about the Rollback VII and what it means to you here: http://ow.ly/u4mr50Apmpl

~ Baskerville
    Growtopia Official
    @growtopiagame
    ·
    16h
    Hey Growtopians,

We'll restart the servers in a moment to disable the chance to get double gems drop.

~ Baskerville

Growtopia Official
    @growtopiagame
    ·
    20h
    Hello Growtopians,

The servers will be on short maintenance for a couple of minutes. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We will keep you guys posted once they're back!

~ Kairos
    Growtopia Official
    @growtopiagame
    ·
    20h
    Hello Growtopians,

We're extending the maintenance for a couple more minutes as we are still looking into some hardware checks.

Again, thanks for your patience everyone! We'll let you know as soon as the servers are back!

~ Kairos
    Growtopia Official
    @growtopiagame
    ·
    19h
    Hello Growtopians,

The servers are back up again and you should be able to log back in. Thanks for your patience!

~ Kairos
    Growtopia Official
    @growtopiagame
    ·
    Jul 3
    Hello Growtopians,

The servers will be restarting in a few minutes! We will be back shortly!

~ Kairos
    Growtopia Official
    @growtopiagame
    ·
    Jul 3
    Hello Growtopians,

Please be aware that the service for Growtopia on consoles will be discontinued on July 30. After this date the game will no longer be available. Please read the full announcement here: http://ow.ly/4rJi50AomlQ

~ The Growtopia Team
    Growtopia Official
    @growtopiagame
    ·
    Jul 2
    Hello Growtopians,

The servers are back-up again and you should be able to log back in. Thanks for your patience!

~ Hufflewitz
    Growtopia Official
    @growtopiagame
    ·
    Jul 2
    Hey Growtopians,

We are still investigating the ongoing connectivity issue and unfortunately you may not be able to log into the game right now. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for your patience, everyone!

~ Hufflewitz

Growtopia Official
    @growtopiagame
    ·
    Jul 2
    Hey Growtopians,

July has arrived, and we have two new and awesome items in our beach bag!

Horse face Item of the Month: Pegasus Wings
    Cow face Subscriber Item: Cow Mask by CowCrash

~ Hufflewitz
    Growtopia Official
    @growtopiagame
    ·
    Jul 2
    Hello Growtopians,

The servers are back up. Please read here more about the server issues, the performed rollback, compensation and what it means for you: http://ow.ly/KBdk50An8v3

We want so sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused today.

~ Baskerville

Growtopia Official
    @growtopiagame
    ·
    Jul 1
    Hello Growtopians,

We will be performing a scheduled maintenance shortly. Servers will be down while we're on maintenance. The heat will be on once we're back live!

~ Pangloss
    Show this thread
    Growtopia Official
    @growtopiagame
    ·
    Jul 1
    Replying to
    @growtopiagame
    Hello Growtopians,

We have to extend the maintenance period further for another 3 hours to resolve the reported account related issues. The servers will be back approximately at 9:30 AM GT time. We will let you know on any changes. We apologize for the inconvenience.

~ Pangloss
    Growtopia Official
    @growtopiagame
    ·
    Jul 1
    Hello Growtopians,

Unfortunately, the maintenance is still on-going. The servers will be back approximately at 1:00 PM GT time. We will let you know on any changes if there are any changes to this schedule and we apologize again for the inconvenience.

~ Pangloss
    Growtopia Official
    @growtopiagame
    ·
    Jul 1
    Hey Growtopians,

We're experiencing some issues with the forum. The team is investigating a solution while the forums may remain inaccessible for sometime. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused.

~ Pangloss
    Growtopia Official
    @growtopiagame
    ·
    Jul 1
    Hey Growtopians,

The Forum is back up. Thank you for your patience!

~ Pangloss
    Growtopia Official
    @growtopiagame
    ·
    Jul 1
    Hello Growtopians,

We are currently experiencing issues with the servers. While we are investigating the problem, the game remains unavailable. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

~ Baskerville
    Growtopia Official
    @growtopiagame
    ·
    Jul 1
    Hi Growtopians,

The servers are back up again, but may be still unstable. We are still investigating the exact cause, but you should be able to play again.

~ Baskerville

note the times they were posted. sorry some are out of order, Twitter works like that.

Anyway, back to what i was saying.
    its the least you can do. there are 2 levels when coming to work, doing your job and going above that, but you are below 'just doing your job'.

Am i implying you are doing a bad job? Absolutely.However, the main (and one of the only) flaw is your attitude but its not a small problem at this point. Ego/pride and company image are not the most important thing. even if it were, your company is not doing very well in those terms after letting us down for the past 3 years. It doesn't help that you are being put under close scrutiny.

So i have stated several consequences in the aforementioned, but once again i would like to summarise the consequences of your actions.

-Pissed many people off with your lies.

Proof: twitter page.

-Pissed many lucky people who got ps or nt off(or people wth profits) because of the rollback only 18 hours after first alerted.

Proof: update discussions threads,sbs.

Originally posted by SejukGT View Post
    Alright, so my total of dls is only 3, then i rip alr 2 dl from ezio because growtopia system that suddenly going to release ezio back when i bought ezio 3dl+ and drop to 1dl+, so i sold it before drop more. Then, i profit from recycling beach blast around 40 wls, after that, rollback came and make all my profits gone, and now alot pep buy beach blast 7/1 that made me can't profit.

So, basically i had 240 wls gone because of growtopia system. And now, i want to profit because someone sell cheap summer surprise, but now dl is untradeable so i cant do trading? Aight, maybe I'll quit Growtopia, Thanks To Growtopia system!

-Destroyed the economy due to the demand for more wls as dls and bgls are disabled.An example is sfw which dropped to 110.You said you did a rollback to stop inflation?Yeah you did prevent it. at the cost of the economy, that is.

Proof, courtesy of LBForce:
    Originally posted by LBForce_GT View Post
    Hi. So basically when the DLS/BGLS went untradable everyone rushed to sell their items for a low price of World Locks so they can get stacks of World Locks, which lead to EVERYTHING dropping by A LOT. Some of the most common examples : Geiger Counters are 7 wls each (while it was 12+), Go-Anywhere Surfboard 60+ each, etc... You can see in-game by yourself. Basically everything dropped by half its price. It's totally ridiculous. They made dls untradable to stop the economy collapsing, but it lead to another form of collapsing economy.

Please do the right choice and close the game till everything is fixed. It literally is unplayable. I'm sure people would rather not playing for a few days while you fix everything rather than experiencing all the problems the game is having.

-Most rares cant be sold.No one would have 7k wls dropped in a world in case 'Oh wow a rollback could happen in July what if i wanted to buy a rayman'.

Proof: BUYRAYMAN, some other buy worlds.They are incredibly empty.

-People like me who have been around for many years have reached a consensus that this is the worst incident in growtopia history.

Proof:
    Originally posted by Chyena View Post
    It would be better if the team handling Growtopia were to shut down servers at least until both the duplication issue and lagging issue are fixed. It's like hitting two birds with one stone; making long maintenance hours useful enough. In my opinion, both doing maintenance and restarting the servers daily rather than taking a whole day or so is difficult for both sides (team & players).

Rollback to a week or so still won't do it (at least that's the way I see this mediocre). Duplicating has been going on for a long time now, and apparently, there's no stopping. It would be a huge mess for everybody to think that rollbacks are the only way to solve this. Rollback results to losing the time you spent playing the game only to do it all over again. My suggestion: Fix the game, take all the time the GT Team needs. They seriously need to up their game, secure and test it out before releasing something new/opening the servers again. If they don't, well, people will continuously discover something to break the game. It would suck for everybody, including the team and the players, to have their time wasted (with the rollbacks) rather than use that time for something productive (i.e. fixing the codes/encoding, work, education).

With the Growtopia servers remaining open, the economy is dying as we speak. Prices continuously drop due to demand for world locks. Although it has been stated by a moderator that diamond locks are to be unlocked in a day or so, the players have already suffered net loss.

Six years and two months into the game and this is the worst I've experienced (V-Day/Feb 2020 was just a trial, apparently). Growtopia was not originally made by Ubisoft, which probably makes it THAT hard to comply with the game. Hopefully, someone shares the same sentiments as mine. If I had incorrectly addressed something, or said anything not in line with your opinion, please don't hesitate to leave your comment/s. This should be my first and last post in the forums.

-Mods (especially volunteer mods) have to live with the stigma of 'not doing their job'.

Proof: every sb since july.

-Many people have abandoned the game.

Proof: replies on twitter, sbs.

Originally posted by Morzes View Post
    Anyone tired of this game heheh i think im gonna quit for a while
    -Many people are spamming the forums on how they lost their profits, or how they lost lucky drops from blasts. the same goes from the super broadcasts.

Proof: forums and sbs.

-Many people are starting to doubt you, and some even detect signs of hypocrisy.

Proof, courtesy of VlN :
    Originally posted by VlN View Post

Okay, so I just thought of it during the past 2 days. Why is Ubisoft a genius? As we all know, every expensive items are untradeable (Only the very expensive ones). So here is where they’re geniuses. Since Blue Gem Locks and Diamond Locks are untradeable and ONLY the World Locks are made to be tradeable, people with no way of obtaining a World Lock are forced to purchase World Locks from the store. Those desperate ones will be forced to purchase Summer Packs to sell or buy Gem Packs in order to obtain World Locks to take advantage of the items that are currently dropping and hoard them until the DLs and BGLs are made tradeable. Get my point? Because of those “desperate-to-be-rich” people, Ubisoft is actually making a lot of profit from IAP as of now because of the current situation. These desperate people are just making Ubisoft more money. And for sure, Ubisoft is aware of this and they know they’re making $$$. Well, that’s just my assumption. I may be wrong or whatever. :]
    -Ruined summerfest (however this is not as bad as it wasn't completely on you guys.)

Proof: every single thread.

Now don't tell me most of these were due to a fault in the code. if they took action earlier the bgls would not be circulated. the aforementioned could have been prevented.

Some minor flaws:

-Lack of reasonable compensation. this is 18 hours of tedious maintenance we are talking about.I know 24 hours seems longer but it's not like we are nocturnal creatures.

-Jenuine did Nekorei's job for her.Jen did not have much duties but she took the time to talk to us in a very short period of time.That is rather embarrassing.

-This one is pretty self explanatory, but it happened on winterfest as well.(excluding the dl issues)
    Originally posted by OurflePlays View Post
    As yall know the situation unless you live under a rock, dls and bgls are currently locked as the duplication glitch is causing many issues. But since the summer fest is still on going, there are only 3 types people who can celebrate summer fest normally and enjoy the event while others have to cry under our blankets. First, people who farms/autofarms. Secondly, people who P2W (Pay to win). Lastly, people who literally live under a rock and didn't knew dls exists and dropped all their wls in a specific world. This is extremely unfair to people who use dls/bgls for events as they have to change their method of profiting from the events. So, out of the 3 options of enjoying summer fest, option 1 and 3 are out as for number 1, its too late to farm as the event is alr live. As for number 3, dls are locked so u can't even use them and the max amount of wls a person can hold is 200. But lets be honest, if a player holds 100 wls in their backpack (exception if u live under a rock), 99.999% of the players will combine it to a dl. Thus, majority of us have max 99 wls only. That leaves us with option 2, P2W thus making this summer fest extremely stupid ngl. Not only that, most of the players who use dls/bgl for summer fest have chose to give up upon summer fest, making people using the 3 options listed above having a higher chance of gettin phoenix items and lets be honest, I can be confident to say most of the players are autofarming to gather gems for the event which is illegal. So the question now is, ubisoft is promoting "illegal activities" is Growtopia? I'm extremely sadden to see one of my good old childhood games turned into a garbage P2W and uncivilized game

Please do correct me if this is a 'fallacy', I am not an adult and am still studying in school(surprisingly i'm not even 15 yet, considering how long i have been playing the game.I have seen many incidents such as people recycling rarity 999 items, iSG 'scandal', December 2018 server instability, but this one really takes the cake for me).Unfortunately this really pisses me off, so i had to let out steam.It's not easy to not swear.And if there are any spelling and/or grammatical errors, i'm Asian. deal with it.Sorry if there are any bad English.

just to clarify two things:

1.I do not think Ubisoft killed the game. they were just the catalyst.

2. There is no bottom line. Everything in this post is equally relevant in my opinion.

And lastly, sorry for the post being extremely long.I'm just fuming inside.Anything in this post violates your policy, Ubisoft? well explain why that policy exists or CHANGE it.Morally, honesty is the best policy, and most companies say that the customer/client is the most important person but they obviously don't live up to either policy.

Stop feeding us lies.

TL;DR Ubisoft are just outright lying. the above text shows proof of it,its negative effects, and how they can improve.

Sources:https://www.reddit.com/r/announcemen...te8/?context=3

https://twitter.com/growtopiagame
    Last edited by 5351; 07-06-2020, 05:25 PM. Reason: Typos.
    Growtopian since 12 January 2013 but all traces of my existence before 2016 have been erased.
    IGN:Quarterstone
    Level:125

this is too much but bump. They should read these. +1

Comment

i think the first replies from ubisoft were about the duplication of items that was the result of rollback vi

it might be that they werent aware that we were talking about a different glitch

^Dont quote me on this i cant break into their minds and see what they're thinking^

░▒▓███████▓▒░
      ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
      ░▒▓███████▓▒░
      ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
      ▽⧩▼▼▼⧨▽
      Random stuff in GOLA
      ▲◭△△△◮▲
      ┅⊏⧖⊐┅

Comment

Originally posted by Jedaki View Post
        i think the first replies from ubisoft were about the duplication of items that was the result of rollback vi

it might be that they werent aware that we were talking about a different glitch

^Dont quote me on this i cant break into their minds and see what they're thinking^
        i'm not too sure, but i don't remember there existing 2 different dupe glitches.
        Growtopian since 12 January 2013 but all traces of my existence before 2016 have been erased.

Comment

I think you should be more specific about ubisoft part cause growtopia is managed by Ubisoft Abu Dhabi not Ubisoft overall. But i agree w/you
          InGame Name: vHowl
          LVL 55
          Discord: vHowl#5378

sigpic

Comment

Hey 5351,

The issue that caused the duplication was fixed (which was referenced) the items are currently retrieved, so the overall situation is not resolved. We're sorry the communication was not very clear on this point.

~ Baskerville

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveNoName_ View Post
              I think you should be more specific about ubisoft part cause growtopia is managed by Ubisoft Abu Dhabi not Ubisoft overall. But i agree w/you
              If i did, this thread would be a few lines longer because abu dabhi has almost 0 experience in server maintenance. Shows how much the main company cares, huh?

but i will do so.

Comment

Originally posted by 5351 View Post
                If i did, this thread would be a few lines longer because abu dabhi has almost 0 experience in server maintenance. Shows how much the main company cares, huh?

but i will do so.
                Dunno. What i do know is that Ubisoft has made some awesome games so don't blame THE main company/teams whatever you want to call them.
                InGame Name: vHowl
                LVL 55
                Discord: vHowl#5378

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Baskerville View Post
                  Hey 5351,

The issue that caused the duplication was fixed (which was referenced) the items are currently retrieved, so the overall situation is not resolved. We're sorry the communication was not very clear on this point.

~ Baskerville
                  I see. But as stated in the original thread, if the communication is consistently unclear, then most of us would not take it lightly.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by IHaveNoName_ View Post
                  Dunno. What i do know is that Ubisoft has made some awesome games so don't blame THE main company/teams whatever you want to call them.
                  Main branch*

Comment

Hey 5351,

~ Baskerville
                    Hello,

I have something to report. I know this is no big deal, but if it happened to me I bet it happened to others.
                    Before the second rollback, I planted alot of seeds (rsp) for the block I needed to build a world. I harvested the trees and got the items. After the rollback occurred, the seeds I used to plant where in my backpack in addition to the blocks I got after harvesting them.

Moreover, my friend got duplicated his growscan. Here is how: before the second rollback he had the growscan placed in a world. Then he broke it using his alt-account. After the second rollback, he found it in the world and when he checked his alt-account, he also had one.

I don't think this issue is nearly resolved. I know you guys are working hard but I prefer a rollback before the PvP issue. I know alot will hate what I said and would be against my idea, but I think it is the best way. At least we would guarantee a duplicate-free economy. And another idea that was stated by more than fellow forumers, to keep the servers closed until a permanent solution is found.

Thank you for your time, Half.
                    IGN: HalfArrow
                    Blue Name: ​109/125

Comment

Originally posted by HalfArrow View Post
                      Hello,

I have something to report. I know this is no big deal, but if it happened to me I bet it happened to others.
                      Before the second rollback, I planted alot of seeds (rsp) for the block I needed to build a world. I harvested the trees and got the items. After the rollback occurred, the seeds I used to plant where in my backpack in addition to the blocks I got after harvesting them.

Moreover, my friend got duplicated his growscan. Here is how: before the second rollback he had the growscan placed in a world. Then he broke it using his alt-account. After the second rollback, he found it in the world and when he checked his alt-account, he also had one.

I don't think this issue is nearly resolved. I know you guys are working hard but I prefer a rollback before the PvP issue. I know alot will hate what I said and would be against my idea, but I think it is the best way. At least we would guarantee a duplicate-free economy. And another idea that was stated by more than fellow forumers, to keep the servers closed until a permanent solution is found.

Thank you for your time, Half.
                      i just want to say, rollbacks aren't the only way to solve problems. its a last resort. look alright.

Rollback 1 was because the economy broke when recycling small locks or world locks.

Rollback 2 was because the economy broke in both ways due to random gems with null seeds.

Rollback 3 and 5 were because the server literally broke.

Rollback 4 and 7 were because of dupes that have gone too far. 4 also involved seth and mike getting hacked.

alll these were barely reversible.

i do agree that the issues definitely isn't resolved, but there are better ways to resolve it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey 5351,

~ Baskerville
                      sorry that this may seem a bit of a task, but i was wondering could you clarify about Ubidev's post that i referenced as well? it seemed like they were confident there was nothing else because 'lets work together to enjoy summerfest' amidst the chaotic aftermath seems like a stretch.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by aRaspberry View Post
                      this is too much but bump. They should read these. +1
                      the original thread was longer but more controversial.

Comment

Originally posted by 5351 View Post
                        sorry that this may seem a bit of a task, but i was wondering could you clarify about Ubidev's post that i referenced as well? it seemed like they were confident there was nothing else because 'lets work together to enjoy summerfest' amidst the chaotic aftermath seems like a stretch.
                        bumping this in hopes that baskerville sees this

Comment

This thread really did not need a re-post, it's one of the 999th rant threads which were wrote during this incident. In reality, its A LOT more harder to do than say mainly because the scale the game is operated at. There are a few things we should take into consideration, growtopia is ran by a team of different people and not by indie developers so decisions come slower & harder and these decisions have many aspects taken into account (like feasibility game and man-power wise, money-wise, etc). There will inevitably be some incidents at some point, a big reason being the fact that growtopia is a game, and unlike other services, people will always try to find vulerabilities and abuse them to their full extent regardless of the damages & consequences. The game itself is extremly big and likelyhood of vulnerabilities appearing is even bigger. You also have to acknowledge the fact that growtopia is a small game and at some point it starts to become not-so-profitable to run. But still ubisoft is trying - they currently have open position for devs on their Abu Dhabi hiring page and they become better and better as time has passed by. Some people cannot get past the 2013-2016 times when the game was half as complex and had half as many players as today so it worked smoother and required less maintenance, there were less vulerabilities due to its simplicity requiring less processing and storage power to run. There is no simple fix to this, we can only hope that with time, things will be eventually smooted out.

There will always be people complaining, and critiquing every move.
                          GrowCord - Discord Bot
                          The only growtopia discord bot that post DQs, tweets and more into your discord server.
                          ==
                          Discord: MrAugu#7917
                          ==
                          Full-stack developer.
                          ==
                          *Daily Quests, WOTD, Last Two Tweets, Daily News

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugu View Post
                            TThere will inevitably be some incidents at some point, a big reason being the fact that growtopia is a game, and unlike other services.
                            unfortunately its happening constantly, not just 'at some point'. and you are not getting the point of the thread. i am saying that they have a bad attitude.

you're quite obviously assuming i am criticising every fault of theirs, but if you reread it, i am mainly stating what they could have done, what was in their control. There is no excuse for lying about things such as ETA.

Comment

Working...
                            X