100k subscribers giveaway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joni2 View Post
    I believe they picked 100 winners randomly and chose the top 10 out of only those comments. I think they said that in the rules or somewhere.

Also DrJEBOL won both the 5th and 11-90th

Also I think they could have handpicked exceptional entries for like the top prizes from all the comments but that would have been a lot of work since there are 4000 comments.
    You're right with both things, but they shouldn't have came up with contest like this at first place.

I would like to suggest what to do;
    Cancel current contest and do not reward anyone, do ten different minigames, I've came up with - parkour, spleef, truth or false, race, guess game (guessing random numbers with the help of password doors), riddle solving, pet battle tournament, pvp card battle tournament, building competetion (fast game, 10 mins to build anything they would like to) & hunger game, always let 10 players win and reward the first one with the Golden Plaque and the 9 others with Silver Plaque, this would also be very good content for an official Growtopia YouTube channel and people will like it more than this ctrl+c ctrl+v fest, everyone would have chance to win, all of them are skill-based challenges/mini-games except guessing, let me know anyone's opinions or suggestions because those 10 I've came with could be improved, but I couldn't think of anything else.
    Last edited by CzeGamer; 07-16-2020, 04:36 AM.
    Rest In Peace, Marley
    My beloved kitty that went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never forget you.

Comment

Originally posted by CzeGamer View Post
      You're right with both things, but they shouldn't have came up with contest like this at first place.

I would like to suggest what to do;
      Cancel current contest and do not reward anyone, do ten different minigames, I've came up with - parkour, spleef, truth or false, race, guess game (guessing random numbers with the help of password doors), riddle solving, pet battle tournament, pvp card battle tournament, building competetion (fast game, 10 mins to build anything they would like to) & hunger game, always let 10 players win and reward the first one with the Golden Plaque and the 9 others with Silver Plaque, this would also be very good content for an official Growtopia YouTube channel and people will like it more than this ctrl+c ctrl+v fest, everyone would have chance to win, all of them are skill-based challenges/mini-games except guessing, let me know anyone's opinions or suggestions because those 10 I've came with could be improved, but I couldn't think of anything else.
      Maybe it's a good content for their channel, but it's very wrong to choose winners in game. How many times you see world FULL of people? So people with fast hands/fast internet simply win, while others just can't enter their worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by Jailer View Post
        Maybe it's a good content for their channel, but it's very wrong to choose winners in game. How many times you see world FULL of people? So people with fast hands/fast internet simply win, while others just can't enter their worlds.
        I agree that it is not that fair but definitely more fair than the original contest, in the current contest, they had two options,
        1. Choose winners randomly without taking care if they copied the idea which would lead into upsetting everyone that posted the same idea earlier than the winners
        2. Choose the winners by the time they've posted it but that would lead into upsetting peoples that were asleep/didn't have time at the moment,
        In my opinion, doing ten different contests at different times is way more fair than what they've done and I hope that they'll do something about it, I am not saying that they should do what I've said, but they should just come up with literally anything else than what they've came up with.
        Rest In Peace, Marley
        My beloved kitty that went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never forget you.

Comment

I agree with you and that's what I said, this whole contest is very stupid, all winners of top 10 (or atleast 7, haven't checked the others) have suggested something, that has been suggested by someone else before they've posted their comment, so they could technically copy it, I am not saying they did, but they could. They should either cancel the whole competetion and come up with something different, could be anything, I'll rather have pure RNG than this copy paste fest or just re-draw the winners and actually put effort into choosing the winners, sort the comments by oldest and go one by one until they have 100 good suggestions.

- - - Updated - - -

You are one of few that deserves to be in top 10 in my opinion, myth busting and more tutorials is not very original but QnA with Ubisoft Team is really good suggestion and most importantly, it's unique, would love to see that video.
          Congrats!
          Also QnA/feedback was suggested by me(and idk if it was suggested before me, but everything possible) on
          26th Jun, so it's not that unique

- - - Updated - - -

I agree that it is not that fair but definitely more fair than the original contest, in the current contest, they had two options,
          1. Choose winners randomly without taking care if they copied the idea which would lead into upsetting everyone that posted the same idea earlier than the winners
          2. Choose the winners by the time they've posted it but that would lead into upsetting peoples that were asleep/didn't have time at the moment,
          In my opinion, doing ten different contests at different times is way more fair than what they've done and I hope that they'll do something about it, I am not saying that they should do what I've said, but they should just come up with literally anything else than what they've came up with.
          Yes, I agree with that, this contest wasn't fair to all who suggested their ideas, so making something different could be a better option

Comment

Originally posted by Jailer View Post
            Yes, I agree with that, this contest wasn't fair to all who suggested their ideas, so making something different could be a better option
            It would definitely better option, doesn't have to be what I've suggested, could literally be just rng selecting, such as Growtopia YouTubers do, still better than this, because in both options, it'll always be unfair to part of the contestants.
            Rest In Peace, Marley

Comment

I think the only good thing might be that they didn't favour YouTubers for this giveaway.

Comment

How do they even rate these ideas?
                GrowID: PokeNotPoke
                Instagram: @pokenotpoke

Comment

Also DrJEBOL won both the 5th and 11-90th
                  This one is absolutely not fair

Comment

I believe they picked 100 winners randomly and chose the top 10 out of only those comments. I think they said that in the rules or somewhere.
                    This is true. Basically, the giveaway is RNG.

That means it does NOT matter whether the top winner's comment was the 848th and not the 137th because they did NOT handpick the winners. It was all RNG. They just ranked the winners top 1-100 from a set of RN generated winners.

So, even if your comment is the best suggestion ever- if your comment isn't the randomly generated comment, then you won't win.

I personally think that the prizes are too big though. Some YouTubers host a Magplant giveaway but that is from THEIR pocket. However, this is from the game itself and it's injecting another 100DLs+ to the market.
                    Instagram : @welca.gt
                    Discord : WLCA#7758

I buy toxic waste barrel seeds & military radio seeds.

Comment

pretty sure almost all participants have the same suggestion vid,most of them probably copy other participants or take references from other participants
                      IGN: RimUwU i quit anime yes

Try out mynvm

good song

https://youtu.be/A6l8THwbcfY

Comment

Originally posted by WLCA View Post
                        This is true. Basically, the giveaway is RNG.

That means it does NOT matter whether the top winner's comment was the 848th and not the 137th because they did NOT handpick the winners. It was all RNG. They just ranked the winners top 1-100 from a set of RN generated winners.

So, even if your comment is the best suggestion ever- if your comment isn't the randomly generated comment, then you won't win.

I personally think that the prizes are too big though. Some YouTubers host a Magplant giveaway but that is from THEIR pocket. However, this is from the game itself and it's injecting another 100DLs+ to the market.
                        They' said that they'll pick random 90 winners and will choose top 10 winners.
                        Rest In Peace, Marley

Comment

They' said that they'll pick random 90 winners and will choose top 10 winners.
                          Try to read this again. I believe I also read the same rules Joni did. (And you also agreed with him so I think you did too).

Comment

Originally posted by vmandz View Post
                            This one is absolutely not fair
                            Isn't this against the rules?

Comment

Originally posted by Moi View Post
                              Isn't this against the rules?
                              True, you are only supposed to enter the giveaway once. LoL.

Comment

Hello,
                                I would like to point out few things
                                1; This type of contest should have NEVER happened, how can you choose winners with ideas when there are multiple peoples with same idea, that's gets me to the next point
                                2; First place has suggested "challenge other moderators" and he has won roughly 100 Diamonds Locks, I would like to say that I've suggested the same idea (I've said that you could challenge guardians/moderators in parkour, card battles, pvp, etc.) and do not get me wrong, I am not claiming it to be my idea, no, I've went trough around 350 comments and I've seen that idea few times, now, you might think that he has won because he suggested it first, xBRUTAL's comment was 848th comment made on the video, mine was 137th and I wasn't even first who suggested that, so you've literally went to youtube comments, read like first 200 comments (without reading it in order from oldest to newest) and then chosen some winners, what can I say =D
                                Once again, don't get me wrong, I couldn't care less if I win or no, it's just not fair to let someone win that ammount of dls just because he copied idea (he might not have copied idea but he definitely was not first), if you haven't gave out the prizes yet, you should look into that or just cancel whole competetion, I don't want to be rude but that idea was absolute trash.
                                Also, you can check it out yourself, use this page (https://hadzy.com/comments),put link of the giveaway video in there and browser through thousands of comments, then you'll get how stupid this whole competetion is.

Feel free to compare the comments by yourself

xBRUTAL's idea - "The battle between mods. Example challenging other mods to do parkour or any PVP stuffs in growtopia."
                                His comment was posted at - 26th Jun 2020 1:55:28 am

My idea - "You could challenge other Guardians/Moderators in such game activities as Card PVP, Battle Leash PVP, Parkour, etc, alot of possibilities, you could also make an collaboration with known Growtopia YouTubers to do some kind of content, I think that peole would like it."
                                My comment was posted at - 25th Jun 2020 3:09:37 pm

I have literally suggested the same thing but 11 hours earlier (also, 700 comments earlier).

One last time, don't get me wrong, I haven't made this thread to cry that I should win and that Ubisoft should choose me, no, they should re-make the whole contest and do it again.
                                People have different ideas or maybe the same ideas. Imagine someone commented the idea that came from their head however it was similar to you, and you’re saying that he copied from you. How would he feel?. And one more thing, you can’t say that people who commented first should deserve to win. How about other that commented after you and they had the same idea as u but they didn’t copy you. So, u meant they wouldn’t have any chances to win because they commented after someone else did? Sorry my English isn’t good!
                                GrowID: Vannhav
                                Levels : 71

Try your best do NOT give up

Comment

Working...
                                X